Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #505095 - 12/12/10 09:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hyuck, mate! You take everything too seriously... I mean, you aren't concerned with me, so don't make-believe now. I am just stating that whether or not your opinions matter (which they generally don't but lets just go along with the previous logic) you still only have that pejorative subject to deflate and eschew your own (and obvious) personal grievances.

You just can't lie to yourself... so you keep trying to make-believe through... well, other opinions you can share and rub hemorrhoids with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #505125 - 12/12/10 10:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

WOW

until I browsed through this thread I didn't understand why most of the vets dislike you niteowl.

you specifically search for biased data and analyses to support your argument and then what's worse, you make your own completely whimsical analyses based on what you think is correct even though you clearly don't understand the concepts at play.

plus you don't even put forth your argument in a manner consistent with an open forum debate. instead you choose to simply copy and paste the words of others no matter how ambiguous to your argument, then going on to make further opinionated assumptions about that.

2/3 of the stuff you copied an pasted from that list is taken out of context. the other 1/6 is without source, and the remaining 1/6 is blatantly biased, and probably based on bullshit data collection methods.

I started to go through and disprove your points but then I realized I don't have the time to try to sway the minds of the ignorant.

Here's what we're certain of beyond any doubt:
-Green house gas levels are increasing
-Temperature is increasing
-Sea level is rising
-Due to these changes there will be many unforeseen consequences for natural resources, ecosystems, and societies.

What's uncertain is exactly how much temperature, sea level, ecosystems, and human society will change and at what rate they will occur.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: ChillWillis]
    #505137 - 12/12/10 11:57 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Once again you fail at comprehension skills

Quote:

Here's what we're certain of beyond any doubt:
-Green house gas levels are increasing
-Temperature is increasing
-Sea level is rising
-Due to these changes there will be many unforeseen consequences for natural resources, ecosystems, and societies.

I never disagreed with any of that mate...

just the opinion that WE are causing these changes

The planet started this trend WELL before we started burning coal/oil.

Look in to the Organization that's pushing the human based GWT

Follow the money's all I'm saying :shrug:

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#505138 - 12/13/10 12:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You're the last person to be giving advice on comprehension skills.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: Sir Smokes A-Lot]
    #505143 - 12/13/10 01:01 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Niteowl, why don't you post that video in you global warming thread on Shroomery?

I would but my iPhone isn't letting me.

That video explains how every aspect of global warming isn't true.

Quote:

Sir Smokes A-Lot said:
Click here and watch the first video. It covers everything you need to know

:thumbup:

The first video in my link explains why we're being lied to about global warming.

I highly recomend everyone watch it (after, of course, understanding that global warming is a fraud)

If no one watches these videos then we will continue going in circles and I will continue :lol:

--------------------
"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need"
Beatles song

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#505217 - 12/13/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

1.) this is my second post in this thread, so I don't know where you're getting the 'fail once again' from.

2.) if your point is simply that humans aren't the main cause of global warming then why do you keep quoting sources that argue that global climate change isn't occurring?

3.) it would only cost $28 billion dollars to protect every terrestrial biodiversity hotspot on the Earth - that is chump change. we could literally end the drug war and save 40% of the planet's species with the profits. so drop your little conspiracy theory about trying to steal our money.

4.) the only thing you're correct about is that the Earth does exhibit natural global climate changes over long periods of time, these are the result of a combination of things like Milankovitch cycles (affecting the orbit and tilt of the earth), changes in solar radiation, ocean currents, and changes in the chemistry in our atmosphere. these things all occur slowly, generally over the course of about 50,000 years.

we have VERY strong evidence that the recent acceleration in global climate change is a direct result of excess CO2 molecules in our atmosphere as a direct result of human combustion of organic molecules.

it's a fact that CO2 is very very heat retentive in comparison to other molecules found in the atmosphere.
it's a fact that burning anything, wood, fossil fuels, anything at all releases CO2.
it's a fact that between 1958 and 2004 abundance of CO2 in the atmosphere rose 36%. NOAA
it's a fact that humans have been burning a shit load of stuff daily since the 1950's, this releases CO2 - causing infrared rays to become trapped within our atmosphere heating it up.

the correlation between CO2 increase and temperature increase is very significant. isn't it funny that CO2 and temperature both have risen at the same rate at the same time?

funny how CO2 hasn't been this high in over 400,000 years but all the sudden after humans started burning fossil fuels abundance of CO2 EXPONENTIALLY increases above any previous naturally occurring levels?

natrual patterns in CO2 abundance take about 50,000 years to complete a cycle. the sharpest rise in CO2 in the past 400,000 years took place over the course of 10,000 years, CO2 levels started at ~190 PPM and rose to ~290 PPM.
in the last ~1,000 years CO2 has come from 280 PPM to 360 PPM, 36% of which occurred in the last 46 years.

nah couldn't be our fault.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: ChillWillis]
    #505247 - 12/13/10 11:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

we have VERY strong evidence that the recent acceleration in global climate change is a direct result of excess CO2 molecules in our atmosphere as a direct result of human combustion of organic molecules.

Bullshit.

It takes anywhere from 500-800 years for any extra CO2 to contribute any warming effect.

Quote:

it's a fact that CO2 is very very heat retentive in comparison to other molecules found in the atmosphere.

:picard:

CO2 is one of the weakest green house gasses there is

H20 (water vapor) being the strongest green house gas we have and is responsible for 85-90% of the green house effect

A lil extra CO2 is nothing to worry about.

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #505249 - 12/13/10 11:47 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

Quote:

H20 (water vapor) being the strongest green house gas we have and is responsible for 85-90% of the green house effect

Yes H2O is a significant greenhouse gas and it's a good thing, because otherwise the incident radiation from the sun would simply bounce back into space and we'd be sunbathing at a balmy 200+ degrees F in the sun and about -230 degrees in the shade. However, H2O in our atmosphere cycles. Excess water vapor input simply condenses and returns smoothly to terrestrial and oceanic ecosystems in a matter of days. CO2 on the other hand stays in the atmosphere for thousands of years at a time, which makes excess inputs obviously more important and critical.

Something else to consider, that although H2O greenhouse contributions are about 40%-70% of the total greenhouse effect (compared with about 10%-25% for CO2), there is about 3000% more water in our atmosphere than CO2.  So if something is only three-one hundredths of a percent as abundant, but is only about 25% as potent, tell me just how important it must be.  I would hope you're able to understand how important that distinction is; water contributes roughly 4x more greenhouse effect as CO2, but is over 300x more abundant. So PLEASE, don't go around saying water is a more potent greenhouse gas, because mol for mol that's simply a lie.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #505252 - 12/13/10 11:57 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You still don't get that any CO2 we add today won't warm the planet for another 500-800 years :imslow:

Even if we have been adding CO2 at a rate 10x higher
it still would take 500-800 years for us to notice it, not 50.

It's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors guys.
They WANT you to believe this warming trend is our fault
(even though this warming trend started WELL before the industrial age)
so you will feel guilty, and allow them to pass a carbon tax.

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#505254 - 12/13/10 12:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

And what evidence do you have that it would take 800 years? It's not like CO2 only reflects heat when it feels like it. It doesn't just sit around drinking beer for a couple hundred years and then finally go "oh, I guess it's time to fuck up this planet, let's do it!" The instant CO2 is released into the atmosphere it starts absorbing and re-radiating infrared heat, it has intrinsic chemical properties that don't function on a delay timer.

And yes the warming trend started a while ago, but (as I've stated in this thread multiple times already) it's the RAPIDITY of the change that is concerning. Never in the known history of this planet has the temperature changed at such an alarming rate.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #505265 - 12/13/10 12:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You just like pulling shit right out of your ass don't ya.

Every climate model shows temperature rising 5-8 hundred years behind CO2 rises.

I haven't the time to show them to you again, you'll just claim the source is bullshit. But if you do just a lil research and stay away from any by the biased IPCC then you will see that what I said is true.

I know that you hate to see me copy and paste facts to you but here....

Quote:

Over the last half million years, our climate has experienced long ice ages regularly punctuated by brief warm periods called interglacials. Atmospheric carbon dioxide closely matches the cycle, increasing by around 80 to 100 parts per million as Antarctic temperatures warm up to 10°C. However, when you look closer, CO2 actually lags temperature by around 1000 years.

Do you just read IPCC reports and Al Gore snippets and masturbate to them?

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#505268 - 12/13/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

Bullshit.

It takes anywhere from 500-800 years for any extra CO2 to contribute any warming effect.

oh really because that's not what the graph right above shows. are you really going to site NOAA for your argument but dismiss the same organization when I present it?

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

water vapor is a greenhouse gas and has a higher capacity for heat than CO2 but it isn't considered the primary cause of the green house effect even though it does contribute to warming, here's why:

the warmer our atmosphere is the more water vapor it can hold, when more water vapor is up there, it gets warmer allowing yet more water vapor to accumulate.  this is a positive feedback loop.

however, when water vapor gets to a certain point it condenses into clouds which reflect solar radiation.

nobody knows the interrelationship between water vapor and temperature because of this feedback loop, we don't know what the net absorption of heat by water vapor is.

also since the 50's the % of water vapor in the atmosphere has been on the decline, so tell me how you'd draw a line of best fit through that data and the temperature data.

The radiative effect of absorption by water vapour is roughly proportional to the logarithm of its concentration, so it is the fractional change in water vapour concentration, not the absolute change, that governs its strength as a feedback mechanism. Calculations with GCMs suggest that water vapour remains at an approximately constant fraction of its saturated value (close to unchanged relative humidity (RH)) under global-scale warming (see Section 8.6.3.1). Under such a response, for uniform warming, the largest fractional change in water vapour, and thus the largest contribution to the feedback, occurs in the upper troposphere.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#505273 - 12/13/10 12:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
But if you do just a lil research

I wish you could understand how comedic that comment is. I graduate with a Masters Degree literally TOMORROW.

You're not talking to an uneducated conspiracy nut, my friend.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #505274 - 12/13/10 12:36 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

niteowl said:

I wish you could understand how comedic that comment is. I graduate with a Masters Degree literally TOMORROW.

You're not talking to an uneducated conspiracy nut, my friend.

sweeeet!  congrats!  where's the party?!?!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#505282 - 12/13/10 01:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

niteowl said:

:laugh:

And you still buy into the human based global warming hoax :laugh2:

Yea, you did waste your education mate.

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#505284 - 12/13/10 01:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Your hubris is astounding. You think the educated people who do front-line research are wrong, and your uneducated ass sitting at home on the computer is the most brilliant person alive. There's no point in even trying with you. :smirk:

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#505313 - 12/13/10 03:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Had "An Inconvenient Truth' .... the propaganda 'documentary' that started the whole human based global warming theory. Been done by a group of scientists, instead of a politician with an agenda, I might buy into it.

But there is as much evidence for our effect being minimal at best, as there is for the HBGWT

This is akin to trying to prove that God exist.....its bordering on retarded now.

Does earth go through warm/cold periods....yes

Have humans caused the recent warming trend......no

Does human activity cause climate change on a regional/local area...of course, plenty of evidence for that.

Is humans activity going to alter the climate so severely that we cause our own extinction ..... doubtful

No one knows, nor can prove, the HBGWT

putting this clearly in the realm of proving/disproving the existence of 'God'

We won't truly know what effect we have actually had on the global climate until we have MANY more hundreds of years of evidence.

Right now its just a pissing match.

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#505331 - 12/13/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Had "An Inconvenient Truth' .... the propaganda 'documentary' that started the whole human based global warming theory. Been done by a group of scientists, instead of a politician with an agenda, I might buy into it.

But there is as much evidence for our effect being minimal at best, as there is for the HBGWT

This is akin to trying to prove that God exist.....its bordering on retarded now.

Does earth go through warm/cold periods....yes

Have humans caused the recent warming trend......no

Does human activity cause climate change on a regional/local area...of course, plenty of evidence for that.

Is humans activity going to alter the climate so severely that we cause our own extinction ..... doubtful

No one knows, nor can prove, the HBGWT

putting this clearly in the realm of proving/disproving the existence of 'God'

We won't truly know what effect we have actually had on the global climate until we have MANY more hundreds of years of evidence.

Right now its just a pissing match.

You do know there's more data and information than an inconvenient truth right?  You basically just said had the movie been made by scientists you would buy into it, without any of the actual data changing.  You quote stats from an overtly anti-global warming site and then make a comment such as that.  :flowstone:

Also I don't think any of of us are arguing that the current warming trend is solely human based, merely that we contribute negatively.

Ultimately there is very few negatives to abandoning fossil fuels, regardless of global warming. The conclusion of renewable resources is still, obviously the intelligent one to make. 

Also outside the realm of global warming there's obviously other ecological problems our release of CO2 and other gases have.  We don't need catastrophic global warming to reach the same conclusions of change.  Why do you assume the companies who take advantage of this by selling carbon offsets ect aren't exclusive from everyone who believes in global warming? 

You also have problems with opinions, calling people ignorant rather than debate them outright. Which is laughable, as previously demonstrated, when you've been disproven on multiple points, and even had linked to sites that provided incorrect figures on temperature data.

Also it's funny how you mention no one can prove this either way, yet you call those who believe in it ignorant and posted this thread professing your absolute certainty in it's falsity.

:twobooks:

:randy:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (12/13/10 04:23 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#505340 - 12/13/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Your hubris is astounding.

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Loc: Flag
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: eNtranceAsexit] * 1
    #505365 - 12/13/10 05:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Holy shit, how long have you guys been letting him troll you? At this point I would hope that both parties can probably agree that you're not going to change anyone's minds.

This is absurd.

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder