Home | Community | Message Board


Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Smoke Lounge

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery


Registered: 05/31/09
Posts: 2,662
Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Last seen: 2 months, 11 days
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #489182 - 10/18/10 04:06 PM (10 years, 15 days ago)

niteowl do you know what "positive feedback" is?  Look it up and it should help you comprehend this topic.  and you have failed to address the fact that we are releasing huge amounts of greenhouse gases besides CO2.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,688
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: SmOakland]
    #489188 - 10/18/10 04:33 PM (10 years, 15 days ago)

Yea, I understand about "positive and negative feedback' and our effect on that system is minimal as well. You forget that there are natural forces on the planet that already add these greenhouse gasses to the planet at a much higher rate than we do

Everyone is severely underestimating the planets ability to cope with these naturally occurring chemicals. All the doomsday scenarios put forth by the Global Warming Fearmongers are not supported by computer models. They are just scare tactics.

Quote:

Global warming alarmists have claimed that increases in the trace gas CO2 will cause runaway global warming, based on outputs from mathematical climate models running in super-computers. Their contention is that a doubling of CO2 concentration will raise global temperatures from 3 to 5 degrees Centigrade.

However, sensors aboard the ERB satellite (released into orbit by astronaut Sally Ride from the Space Shuttle) observed energy emissions from the upper atmosphere that were 7 times the expected (model) values during the warm years of 1989 to 2000.

That is evidence that the atmosphere cannot contain excess heat. The re-radiation of heat into outer space is termed a “negative feedback” that mitigates climate change. The new calculations indicate that a doubling of CO2 concentration will increase global temperatures by only 0.3 degrees C, an effect so small as to be swamped by normal climate variation (and thus be undetectable, more or less).




--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDieCommie


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 214
Loc: West of the Wall
Last seen: 5 years, 3 months
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #489244 - 10/18/10 09:40 PM (10 years, 15 days ago)

I agree with some of what you are saying.  Don't confuse scientific evidence of anthropogenic global warming with crazy doomsday scenarios.  They are very different claims made by very different people with different agendas.  They need to be addressed separately and not confounded with each other.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,688
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: DieCommie]
    #489250 - 10/18/10 09:56 PM (10 years, 15 days ago)

The scientific evidence says that the CO2 we put out does LITTLE to warm the climate. Our influence is primarily seen in local areas. The Big Urban City will be warmer than the surrounding countryside.

That's about as far as it goes.

The claims that the CO2 we produce are going to cause global warming so severe that the ocean could rise ~20ft in 100 years is absolute rubbish. Even if we doubled the current C02 emissions we still would only have a negligible effect on global weather.

Any global warming that's happening is simply a part of Earths natural cycle.

So the whole 'Humans are Causing Global Warming' thing = A bunch of hot air, started by politicians, fanned by the sheep that buy into their bullshit and broadcast in the media for ratings.

:shitstorm:


--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,688
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #503314 - 12/06/10 01:13 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Here are some more facts disputing the 'Man-made Global Warming Hoax'

Quote:


Temperatures:
- Global surface temperatures have increased only about 0.6°C in the last 100 years. (IPCC)
- Global temperature has averaged only 57°F in the last 100 years. (NOAA)
- The warmest year in the United States was 1934. (NASA)

Sea Level Rise:
- Global mean sea level has risen only about 6 inches in the last 100 years. (Based on tidal gauge data) (IPCC)
- Global mean sea level rise is in the range of 1.0 to 2.0 mm/yr. (Based on tidal gauge data) (IPCC)
- No significant acceleration in the rate of sea level rise during the 20th century has been detected. (IPCC)
- 20 feet of sea level rise would take 3048-6096 years. (Based on tidal gauge data) (IPCC)
- Sea level has only been monitored by satellite altimetry since 1992 with an uncertainty of 3-4 mm. (University of Colorado)

Carbon Dioxide:
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is a minor greenhouse gas.
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) levels in the atmosphere have risen by about 30% (280-370 ppmv) over the past 100 years. (IPCC)
- Ice core records show Carbon Dioxide (CO2) levels lag behind Temperature changes by 600-1000 years. (Source) (Source)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) did not end the last Ice Age. (Source)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is only about 0.038% of the atmosphere. (NASA)
- Carbon Dioxide accounts for about 4.2-8.4% of the greenhouse effect. (Source)
- Humans can only claim responsibility for about 3.4% of carbon dioxide emitted to the atmosphere annually. (Source)
- Water Vapor + Clouds account for about 90-95% of the greenhouse effect. (Source) (NASA)
- U.S. Carbon Emissions Fell 1.3% in 2006 (Source)

"Consensus":
- Anthropogenic ("Man-Made") Global Warming is an unproven Theory (hypothesis).
- There is no 'Consensus' that Global Warming is"Man-Made". (Source)
- There is no 'Consensus' that Global Warming will cause Catastrophic Climate Change. (Source)
- Science is not determined by 'Consensus' but by the Scientific Method.

Ecology:
- U.S. Forest land area increased from 747 million acres in 1997 to 749 in 2002. (U.S. Forest Service)
- Since the 1950s, timber growth has consistently exceeded harvest. (U.S. Forest Service) 




--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 11,753
Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #503352 - 12/06/10 09:54 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

RIIIIGGGHHHTTT.

You copy pasta from a site called "Globalwarmingscaretactics.com" and expect us to consider them legitimate scientific claims? Even the "sources" they cite are bullshit. Junkscience.com? No thank you, I'll discuss REAL science. :rolleyes:

Go to www.OMFGGLOBALWARMINGISREAL!!!!!!11.COM and read around. :lol: of course you won't, because any website with that retarded of a name obviously is way too biased to be considered legitimate.

about 3/4 of the shit on your retarded little list is completely erroneous but I'm not even going to waste time rebuking it. You have fun with your "beliefs," turning science into a religion.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery


Registered: 05/11/09
Posts: 5,711
Loc: Wild & Free
Last seen: 9 months, 20 days
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #503365 - 12/06/10 11:46 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl:

is my opinion on this topic.

I'm not even going to try to argue this one.


--------------------
"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

I am tired of Earth
I am tired of these people


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 8,488
Last seen: 7 years, 4 months
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #503425 - 12/06/10 06:02 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

wow you're still going on about this?  :twobooks:


--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 8,488
Last seen: 7 years, 4 months
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #503506 - 12/06/10 09:07 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Here are some more facts disputing the 'Man-made Global Warming Hoax'

Quote:


Temperatures:
- Global surface temperatures have increased only about 0.6°C in the last 100 years. (IPCC)
- Global temperature has averaged only 57°F in the last 100 years. (NOAA)
- The warmest year in the United States was 1934. (NASA)

Sea Level Rise:
- Global mean sea level has risen only about 6 inches in the last 100 years. (Based on tidal gauge data) (IPCC)
- Global mean sea level rise is in the range of 1.0 to 2.0 mm/yr. (Based on tidal gauge data) (IPCC)
- No significant acceleration in the rate of sea level rise during the 20th century has been detected. (IPCC)
- 20 feet of sea level rise would take 3048-6096 years. (Based on tidal gauge data) (IPCC)
- Sea level has only been monitored by satellite altimetry since 1992 with an uncertainty of 3-4 mm. (University of Colorado)

Carbon Dioxide:
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is a minor greenhouse gas.
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) levels in the atmosphere have risen by about 30% (280-370 ppmv) over the past 100 years. (IPCC)
- Ice core records show Carbon Dioxide (CO2) levels lag behind Temperature changes by 600-1000 years. (Source) (Source)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) did not end the last Ice Age. (Source)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is only about 0.038% of the atmosphere. (NASA)
- Carbon Dioxide accounts for about 4.2-8.4% of the greenhouse effect. (Source)
- Humans can only claim responsibility for about 3.4% of carbon dioxide emitted to the atmosphere annually. (Source)
- Water Vapor + Clouds account for about 90-95% of the greenhouse effect. (Source) (NASA)
- U.S. Carbon Emissions Fell 1.3% in 2006 (Source)

"Consensus":
- Anthropogenic ("Man-Made") Global Warming is an unproven Theory (hypothesis).
- There is no 'Consensus' that Global Warming is"Man-Made". (Source)
- There is no 'Consensus' that Global Warming will cause Catastrophic Climate Change. (Source)
- Science is not determined by 'Consensus' but by the Scientific Method.

Ecology:
- U.S. Forest land area increased from 747 million acres in 1997 to 749 in 2002. (U.S. Forest Service)
- Since the 1950s, timber growth has consistently exceeded harvest. (U.S. Forest Service) 







Also did you bother clicking any of these sources?  For instance when it claims 1934 to be the hottest year.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs/Fig.D.txt

Unless I'm completely misinterpreting the data, 1998 is hotter.  1934 was a hot year in the United States, but still ranks 47th globally, which is more important when talking global climate change.

In fact, globally the top 10 hottest years on record have all occurred since 1998. And 2010 is predicated to take the place of one of the current place holders.



--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:


Edited by THEBats (12/06/10 09:17 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 12,041
Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: THEBats]
    #503512 - 12/06/10 09:22 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

let me inject some wisdom here, if i may.  Global warming is the biggest scam ever.  my ice cream aint meltin any faster now than it did 10 years ago!  :kingcrankey:


--------------------





Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDon King
Keep it in the Ring

Registered: 04/29/10
Posts: 761
Last seen: 9 years, 9 months
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #503521 - 12/06/10 09:33 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
let me inject some wisdom here, if i may.  Global warming is the biggest scam ever.  my ice cream aint meltin any faster now than it did 10 years ago!  :kingcrankey:




They talk about it all the time.  What else could global weather scientists talk about?  One of the top 2 or 3 largest databases in the world is about weather.


--------------------
Only in America!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery


Registered: 05/31/09
Posts: 2,662
Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Last seen: 2 months, 11 days
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: Don King]
    #505057 - 12/12/10 08:16 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

You need to understand that 100 years is not any significant amount of time in terms of geological history.  You would not be able to detect any changes in only 100 years if it were not for humans causing said changes.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,688
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: SmOakland]
    #505067 - 12/12/10 09:06 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Funny that we have only been taking accurate readings for oh lets see....100 years

We have known about the planets warming for sometime now.
Its just the politicians who are trying to pin the blame on us
so that they can create a new tax for us to pay.

NONE of the predictions made by the ICCP have come to pass.

(and the ICCP is the only organization pushing for the HBGWT)

Read up on how that organization was made and who made it
and you will understand why I distrust any information they put out

It's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors :shrug:


--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie


Registered: 11/23/10
Posts: 1,355
Last seen: 6 months, 1 day
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #505071 - 12/12/10 09:36 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Who needs science to tell you that humans are too fucked up and selfish to care about their life being good for anyone for more then a minute, anyway?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,688
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #505074 - 12/12/10 09:47 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Science will tell you that this warming trend started WAY before the industrial age.


--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie


Registered: 11/23/10
Posts: 1,355
Last seen: 6 months, 1 day
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #505078 - 12/12/10 10:03 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Who cares? "Let me see, maybe I can conceive something better then the next thing to help us forget how to be humane!" seems to be the more accessed route on this planet.


So again, I must ask, who cares?

This is world is doomed to have mutant human sub-strains gallivanting around forever.

And all most everybody cares about is arguing about how to make it last longer? Horrifying.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male


Registered: 09/17/10
Posts: 297
Loc: Flag
Last seen: 9 years, 7 months
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #505080 - 12/12/10 10:09 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)



--------------------
"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need"
Beatles song


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,688
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #505082 - 12/12/10 10:12 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Whoa dude you either need to seek therapy or simply :cruelworld:


--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male


Registered: 09/17/10
Posts: 297
Loc: Flag
Last seen: 9 years, 7 months
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: niteowl]
    #505085 - 12/12/10 10:14 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Whoa dude you either need to seek therapy or simply :cruelworld:



Me??


--------------------
"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need"
Beatles song


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,688
Re: Another example of why I don't believe the Global Warming Hoax [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #505089 - 12/12/10 10:41 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

lol, no, check the reply too mate :tongue2:

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Who cares? "Let me see, maybe I can conceive something better then the next thing to help us forget how to be humane!" seems to be the more accessed route on this planet.


So again, I must ask, who cares?

This is world is doomed to have mutant human sub-strains gallivanting around forever.

And all most everybody cares about is arguing about how to make it last longer? Horrifying.




Quote:

niteowl said:
Whoa dude you either need to seek therapy or simply :cruelworld:




--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Community >> The Smoke Lounge

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Global Warming
( 1 2 3 all )
THEBats 8,178 48 06/17/08 12:31 PM
by Fungi_x
* What age would you start considering yourself old? Skatealex2 2,262 17 10/28/10 11:35 PM
by MFDoom666
* The sambia! I was wrong to doubt their existance! Hanky 4,563 9 08/08/08 11:34 PM
by wowitch420
* U.S. is home to 5% of the global population.... DeadHearts 2,249 17 08/25/10 10:39 PM
by kyuzo
* ...Existence?....
( 1 2 all )
numonk 6,357 35 06/27/08 12:36 AM
by numonk
* Shots of warm sake
( 1 2 3 all )
GetTheFuckOut 6,565 40 03/27/10 02:10 PM
by ChillWillis
* you know why I don't post on the shroomery anymore? Harry_Ba11sachM 4,045 15 09/16/08 04:35 PM
by mel_lonta_tauda
* Don't piss off 4chan
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Thebooedocksaint 9,656 109 08/27/10 02:25 AM
by Tripp420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Harry_Ba11sach, Magash, Data, Stoneth, Dr. Siekadellyk
18,616 topic views. 0 members, 13 guests and 59 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2020 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.079 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.