Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

ynp's whorehouse (13.2kW warehouse, coco coir, sunshine mix)
    #564479 - 06/14/11 08:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

got some nice industrial space and been building it out!  going to run a clone op, and do a little flowering on the side.

main room right now is 9x12ft, with 8ft ceilings.  got an ebb and flow full of beer cup babies in coco coir under a 4ft 8 bulb T5.  got a bunch of teen gals in 1gal pots of promix under another 4ft 8 bulb T5.  fuck all the people them shits came from too.  the beer cup babies came to me in 1" rockwool with half them a week or two into flower and all of them scraggly as FUCK thank god they were cheap bitches.  the teens were gifted from a friend and came in here with PM and in promix which im not a fan of.  also got two scraggly sluts that were like 2 wks into flower and had mild PM. those are sitting in 5gal DWCs (lava rock in net pots, air stones in the bottoms of the buckets) now, after i hacked off the majority of the 6" rockwool (fuck rockwool) cubes they came barely rooted in.

beer cups are silver kush, og kush, querkle, sg.  the DWCs are california orange bud.  the teenies are alllll different with a couple doubles but here's the list of all them: diablo og, hindu kush, skywalker og, earth og, mars og, jack herer, querkle, blue dream, chocolate sour diesel, chem dawg, la confidential, xxx headband, venus og, alien og, mars candy og, berry og, dj shorts' blueberry, mars?, platinum bubba, and purple larry og.

feeding the beer cups of coco h3ad formula (gh flora micro/bloom 6ml/9ml per gal respectively), feeding the DWCs lucas formula, and still figuring out what to do about the promix girls. 

the promix 1gals are probably getting transplanted to 3gals with coco coir shortly.  tried washing the root balls but it was just way too fucking messy for me to deal with right now.  just gonna plop them in and hope it works nice.

the DWCs are super scraggly like they used to live under CFLs or someshit, so once those are revegged they will get chopped up into cuts and will start proper again. 

the beer cups are varied in size.  the biggest ones are just starting to be rootbound and will go into 1gals of coco.  the stragglers will probably end up going into the 5gal bucket RDWC that i'm planning on building to keep tree moms. 

tentative plan is to get everything started so i can start taking cuts soon.  once things are more settled on the equip side, i'll start migrating all the genetics into the following framework:
-6 to 8 moms in 5gal RDWC system under 1000W metal halides.
-the rest of the strains in coco on a dripper system to keep them ready to be rotated into the buckets later.  not sure what lighting will go over those, probs more T5s or maybe 400w metal halides.
-200ish sites worth of aero cloners under T8s for cuttings
-ebb and flow tables under the big T5s with beer cup clones vegging before sale.

this will let me get at my target - 100 clones per week totally rooted up in 16oz beer cups of coco, nice and bushy.  that means 100+ in the aeros, 100 in early veg, 100 in later veg, and mothers ready to pop 100+ cuts each week. 

still mulling over how to cool all this shit.  all in all im expecting 5-6kw worth of HPS and MH in the place, plus a grip of T5s.  to start off i'm thinking 6" vortexes on closed circuit of unscrubbed air to cool the lights, and a 10" fan blowing room exhaust out one of those bigass 150lb water heated sized carbon scrubbers.  im still not sure if this is even going to work though, so i may end up just figuring out a way to run AC without too much dicking around.  the shop has a 12" vent to the roof, and another 4" vent that im thinking may have to be used as an active intake. 

on the flowering side of things, my plan is to build a little 4x4x8 tent dealy with lumber and panda film.  1000W HPS and a 5000btu window ac should handle that just fine.  that will be used for budding out some of these strains that we've got very little data on, and then will probably start running something like C99 or critical mass just to help out with rent.  if that works out good, will probably build out another room to run a couple of 4x8 tables in.

been busting ass since we signed the lease, doing construction, tracking shit down, and tending the room with half assed equipment while we gather more cash to finish shit. 

spent today spraying everything with green cure to nuke the PM.  will hit them again later in the week.  no sign of mites so far, but i'm thinking to blast the room with azamax next week just to be sure.

pictures coming when i get my stupid droid to charge properly.

Edited by yellownotepad (11/20/11 02:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: yellownotepad]
    #564501 - 06/14/11 09:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:popcorn:!

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: T-Rex]
    #564537 - 06/15/11 01:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

beer cup bitches

teen moms looking a little sloppy after taking a green cure shower.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #564539 - 06/15/11 01:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

If I come out there as a medical patient will you sell me a pound?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: mhbound]
    #564540 - 06/15/11 01:20 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

out of the closet?  :studmuffin:

Edited by yellownotepad (06/15/11 01:20 AM)

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#564541 - 06/15/11 01:22 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Anything for it, funds are low braa. LoL I need a good deal to deal with my cataracts

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#564652 - 06/15/11 02:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

welp came in today and discovered that i fucked up when mixed the greencure yesterday.  looks like i hit them too hard and now they have some burning and look stressed out.

sad looking babies:

for the ebb and flow - did a full res change and scrubbed the res while it was empty.  new batch of nutes as follows: 15 gal water, 135mL GH flora bloom, 90mL GH flora micro, 30mL dutchmaster silica.  waiting for that to mix nice before adjusting pH.

sprayed everything down with plain water to avoid further burning hopefully.  put a bit more breeze on them to help dry them out.

going to foliar feed everything with dutchmaster folitech + penetrator.  hoping that will help relieve the stress.  gonna do that and then head out for a bit.  will check back on them later tonight to see if things are looking better.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#564657 - 06/15/11 03:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

mixing foliar, shit looks scientific

roots!

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #564667 - 06/15/11 04:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Lookin' very nice, man!

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Tank333]
    #564966 - 06/16/11 09:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: muse42]
    #565139 - 06/17/11 04:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Something just doesn't look right to me.

Looks like these plants are trying to adjsut from outdoors to indoors or something, I see waxiness on the leaves, with not so great plant structure also.

When they took cuttings did they take large cuttings or something?

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #565282 - 06/17/11 11:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Laysthepipe said:
Something just doesn't look right to me.

Looks like these plants are trying to adjsut from outdoors to indoors or something, I see waxiness on the leaves, with not so great plant structure also.

When they took cuttings did they take large cuttings or something?

some of the small beer cup ones had been like 2 weeks into flower.  my clone vendor(s) are dumb as fuck and it was not an option to go shop around and find something else. 

the waxiness you're talking about is probably because i foliar fed them and they were wet at the time of the photo.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#565311 - 06/18/11 12:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've had kratom go really waxy just from environmental changes (indoors to outdoors then back indoors etc).

I guess being two weeks into flower may explain why they look stretched with not so great structure.

On my last grow I found out how important structure really is.

I'd say it's almost as important as feeding them.

Edit : Just know you can do better than what you get off of this harvest, once it is finished.

--------------------

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

Edited by Laysthepipe (06/18/11 07:24 AM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#565921 - 06/20/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

welp looks like we're getting a bunch more equipment before the end of the week:

12" vortex fan to vent the hot room
6" vortex fan to cool the lights on outside air
6" vortex fan to scrub the room air through a can-50
12k btu ac to cool the room itself (back end into the hot room)
2x 1000W MH (conversion bulb + ballast)
etc etc.  its exciting!

got a big ass RO system in the shop yesterday, its sick as hell.  filled up a 100gal res in the span of an evening.  the damn thing filled my 5gal car washing bucket 3 times just while i washed my car.

some of the priority moms are now in 3 gal pots of coco.  god damn we're burning through coco fast.  we transplanted 5 of them and that used a whole 50L bag.  fuckin math, how does it work?

pictures later today when i am back at the shop.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#565922 - 06/20/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Laysthepipe said:

Edit : Just know you can do better than what you get off of this harvest, once it is finished.

reread the thread my brotha.  this is a clone operation.  the only flowering being done in the forseeable future is in my little 4x4 tent off outside the room

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#565948 - 06/20/11 01:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
Quote:

Laysthepipe said:

reread the thread my brotha.  this is a clone operation.  the only flowering being done in the forseeable future is in my little 4x4 tent off outside the room

Ahh so it's buried in a wall of text. :lol:

Good thing you aren't flowering because it is a very bad idea to do that right now.

Your yield would be ruined.

Looking at the pics they showed flowering, so I figured a safe assumption was that you were gonna continue the flowering process instead of revegging.

You're taking the right route.

This is what I'd do in your situation...

Do not feed them, do not spray them.

Spray them with plain water (it has a reverse effect), and feed them plain water.

Wait for them to tell you that they need food and you're golden.

This will balance everything out if it were a overfeeding problem.

It's better to underdo it than overdo it in this situation.

--------------------

Edited by Laysthepipe (06/20/11 01:47 PM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#566156 - 06/21/11 05:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

update again, no pics because i havent gotten around to it.

diablo og, hindu kush, blue dream, and chem dawg teens are getting bigger, moved them to 3 gallon pots the day before yesterday.  gotta go get more coco coir and transplant the rest of the bitches.  room is getting overgrown and we're out of space under the T5s

once the 1000w lights and all teh ventilation / ac is in, going to probably put the 3gal coco girls up on tables and run drippers.  finalizing my plans there but it should be pretty simple.  i dont think i'm going to deal with the RDWC right this minute as we don't have a lot of time to screw around, and we don't have anything that i want to put into the system right now.

figuring out the wiring situation right now too.  i want to run #2 copper THHN from over where hte mains are and have a 100 amp subpanel in the entryway to the veg room.  this will be hella nice if it goes off how i'm imagining.  copper wire is sure fucking expensive though, by my math with home depot prices, its going to be like $300 in copper wire alone to do all that.  i need to go crunch the numbers because it might be cheaper to run three 30 amp runs with their own subpanels - one for lighting, one for HVAC, and one for pumps / accessories.  the other thing about this is then i can put 30 amp disconnects out by the mains (which are in the open shop area) so if we have an oh-shit-someone-is-knocking moment, i can go flip-flip-flip and shut the whole grow room off from outside.

things are going good, and i'm really stoked for the progress we're making.  i'll get some new photos up when i have a minute.

a little pet project of mine at hte moment is this smaller plant we got with the batch of teens.  it's a dj short's blueberry that is super bushy and super healthy - just not big enough to have mom potential right now.  i've always wanted to get a pack of those seeds and im hoping this is a good cut of it.  i'm taking special care of that plant and it seems to be doing well.

thats all for now, gotta get a few hours sleep before going back to the shop.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#566730 - 06/23/11 03:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

so tired.

what we accomplished today:

=lung room all finished
-12,000 BTU A/C installed in veg room, dumping heat into lung
-10" can-max fan (1071cfm) exhausting the lung room
-6" HO can-fan blowing through a can 66 carbon scrubber to scrub room air
-transplanted all the teens (except about 8) into big pots of coco (3 gal? 4 gal?)
-57 site aero running and sterilized, ready for cuttings
-picked up a bunch of equip and nutes, including 9x 50L bags of coco.  already burned through 4 of those :laugh:

what's up for tomorrow:
-building duct mufflers for all the fans
-insulating the lung room walls
-exchanging a dud ballast (wont fire at all with 2 dif bulbs, 3 dif hoods)
-gotta go get 4x 55gal drums for water/etc
-picking up a multimeter to verify the voltages on our 3-phase so i can get cracking on conduit and subpanels
-transplant the rest of the teens, and LST everything a bunch
-make a mounting unit to hold the scrubber assembly (muffler, fan, scrubber) up on the ceiling
-set up the ebb and flows for the beer cups
-punch holes into the lung to run 6" insulated duct for air cooling the 1000w lights
-repair giant hole in lung ceiling from my partner nearly falling through

fun story:  my partner was up on the roof of the lung room (~2' crawl space).  he leaned an elbow on an area to reach for something, and ended up halfway falling through the ceiling.  turns out that the ceiling wasnt drywall - its some sort of ceramic material or thinset.  we are shocked.  we also discovered that instead of doing the drywall properly, the existing offices in the shop have their drywall hung with nails, and the seams are taped with DUCT TAPE.  soooooooooo ridiculous. 

still need to upload pictures, will get some purty ones up soon.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#566746 - 06/23/11 07:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Man I'd love to see that place, or be a patient of yours.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#566848 - 06/23/11 02:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
Man I'd love to see that place, or be a patient of yours.

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#566873 - 06/23/11 05:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

trying to figure out wtf is up with teh 3-phase power before i run conduit and subpanels. 

measured between the phases, 220v no problem.  measure from the phases to ground, and it acts weird.  starts out at 110v, but slowly drops down to 75-85 in about 5 seconds.  sucks because i dont want to run everything until i know exactly whats up and why it's doing that....

hopefully i get this sorted out, because it looks like i may be able to use all 3 phases, adn that measn MANY ELECTRICITIES ARE MIEN :coaster:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567004 - 06/24/11 03:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

subpanel is in place.  got four 15 amp breakers at 110v each - should run everything we need for now.  conduit is run (8awg copper for both hots and the ground)and 30 amp two pole fused disconnect is installed but not wired up.  tomorrow will run the branch circuits for everything.  giving the ac one circuit, each 1000W metal halide its own circuit, and fans and pumps on the remaining circuit.

got 55 gal drums to store RO and tap waters for the different systems, and will be re-running some plumbing to that part of the shop so we can have both RO and tap plumbed out to the back for hoses and reservoirs.

transplanted and LST'd the last of the mothers.  got 16 of them sitting under the one 1000w that is hung right now.  tomorrow will get the other 1000w hung and run the insulated duct for air cooling the hoods.

AC seems to be handling the room just fine, able to get it down to 69 right now which is pretty awesome.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567005 - 06/24/11 05:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #567040 - 06/24/11 12:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I dont know. i would like to see this grow room completed and its obvious your putting alot of work into it. But at the moment im pretty sure im the only user on here that finds the conditions of your room cluttered, dirty and disorganized.

I mean im new here and havent seen any of your previous work but personally i would never grow my patients medicine in such unfit conditions.

Right now i dont have much to go on considering my main room is under construction and i just have a 2 phase closet/cab system going right now.

but all that aside i wouldn't be growing medicine in an unfinished room for many reasons, mostly structurally. The chance for fungus on both the structure and the plants is too high plus the risk of pests is that much higher as well.

other then that good job and i cant wait to see how these ladies turn out.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Pernicious]
    #567041 - 06/24/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

why do people keep talking about flowering?  i'm not flowering!  i'm not going to be flowering!

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#567045 - 06/24/11 12:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i didn't mention flowering. Though a lot of the problems i mentioned would only occur during the flowering cycle. so your just a clone farmer then?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567047 - 06/24/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pernicious said:

but all that aside i wouldn't be growing medicine in an unfinished room for many reasons, mostly structurally. The chance for fungus on both the structure and the plants is too high plus the risk of pests is that much higher as well.

other then that good job and i cant wait to see how these ladies turn out.

you also have to remember that this room is being air-conditioned and dehumidified to absolutely perfect conditions, the walls are all brand new construction, and its sitting inside a much larger (~1500 square foot) shop.  i agree that there is work to be done, but there are no issues with whats up right now.  the photos are usually when i've been working until 2am, or 5am, and i've given up on cleaning up before i go home to go to bed.  my partner is the OCD cleaning one and i just dont end up taking photos after he's gone and cleaned the crap out of it.

and yes, disorganized, because we are still shuffling things around and moving new equipment etc.  the room is definitely not done, but i disagree on your whole point about that being a problem.  we're a cloning operation, this room is veg only and will remain that way.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#567050 - 06/24/11 12:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well i didnt know it was strictly a cloning operation. maybe i missed that somewhere. and yes being a clone farmers you dont really have to worry about the humidity and pest issues that a full cycle grower would. i respectfully retract my statement:thumbup:

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #567072 - 06/24/11 03:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Wow your washing your car with RO water and I'm stuck hauling it from those damn machines at the grocery store! Ha ha this world is so unfair! :biggrin:

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Doc]
    #567180 - 06/24/11 10:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

still at the shop working.  got our patient paperwork all sorted out today and we're good for about 1200 babies on site at the moment even at 6 per patient :laugh:

pulled romex for the room and as soon as my partner gets back here we'll be connecting everything up. nice thing is we also already have a 30 amp 110 circuit running into the room that we've been using, so with this extra 60 amps worth we will have no problem running all the equipment.

been brainstorming the plumbing situation some more, and i think i'm going to hook it up so we can also pump water back out to the front for draining reservoirs.  should be really tricked out and allow us to drain, fill with tap, fill with ro, and not have to run anything more than a single 3/4" pvc pipe betwween the veg room in the back of the shop and all the plumbing up in the front.  the ro system is slick as all hell too, looked it up and the thing is good for 30 gallons per hour!

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#567226 - 06/25/11 07:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thats a tight RO system.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567416 - 06/26/11 12:38 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well i got all the subpanel shit up and running.  for some reason i cant get single phase 120v running right, but for the time being we have plenty of 240v.  got the second 1000w Mh running for a total of 2kw running off the new electrical work.

doin thangs :braindamage:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567428 - 06/26/11 02:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

woo doggy, we have some unexpected cash available next week, and might go ahead and do some flowering.  if that happens, we're looking at building out another room.  the area it will go in is ~18ft wide, and i can go somewhere between 9 and 13 feet deep in that spot. 

so if i do a flowering room my thinking is to max out a single room so that later on i can flip flop with it. 

based on that idea i am thinking to do the following:

~12 x 18  room.  25,000 BTU mini-split.  6x 1000w HPS.  3x 4x8 ebb and flow table.  i could pull clones from our clone operation and easily do 4 per square foot (370ish babies).

Edited by yellownotepad (06/26/11 03:11 AM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567545 - 06/26/11 02:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ok more brainstorming:  4 tables, 8 lights.  30k btu mini split, air-cool the lights with outside air.  thats only 11kw draw between lights and ac.  thats only 45-50 amps!  man 240v power is the shit!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567719 - 06/27/11 05:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

my babehs are growin

got the ebb and flows running.  the 3x3 tray had a crack in one corner :crankey: so i fiberglassed both sides real quick and now it only barely has a drip.  can't beat free equipment though.  the 3x4 is running fine but i need to pick up some extra ebb and flow fittings because we're not getting the tables flooded as deep as i'd like.

both tables are filled at this point, so tomorrow i'll be figuring out which plants can grab some of the light next to the tables, adn which ones will be banished to back under one of the T5 fixtures. 

room is holding at a nice 74 degrees right now without the hoods being air cooled.  one hood needs a new piece of glass, and then i'll be air cooling them.  im thinking i should have no problem getting the room back down to 71-72 degrees once that is going.  moved the ballasts up out of the room which should be helpful with heat and gets them and their cords out of my way :omgawesome:

i'll know on tuesday whether we're pushing ahead with adding the flowering room.  i've been twiddling around and it looks like i'll be able to frame out the new room with 12x18ft of floor space.  in there we'll shoehorn in 4 ebb and flow tables (4x8) with 8x 1000w HPS.  my plan is to run either a single 30,000 btu mini split, or two 18,000 btu units.  the hot sides of those will go up on the roof so we wont have any fans in the picture except the ones to cool the lights.  probably going to go with a can-max 12" for each set of 4 lights, and blow outdoor air through them.  researching what to do about nutes.  i figure i need to make sure i dial everything in as perfectly as possible when we're going to have 8 lights going.  good thing is that even with my current electrical issues (only able to pull 240v off our 3-phase service) we can very very easily run a subpanel that will handle all the lights and the mini split(s) - that leaves just oscillating fans, a couple can-fans, and water pumps on the 120v lines that are on our other meter. 

DOIN THANGS :feelsgoodman:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567992 - 06/28/11 04:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

workin workin workin.

crossing my fingers to have the influx of cash on thursday.  if that happens, its going to be a hydro equipment shopping spree to get everything together for the new flowering room.  real excited for that.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#569082 - 07/02/11 04:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

welp cash didnt come in as good as expected, so flowering room is not going to move forward as fast.  'sok, we'll get there.

moms are taking off very nicely.  as soon as i'm off the computer i'll be filling aero 1, for a total of ~65 cuttings in aero.  need to bring aero 2 up online so we can stuff it, and i think that with the mothers how they sit currently we should have no problem filling all 75 sites in aero 2 today. 

querkles are doing well, and the ones in 1-gallon pots should be ready to give some cuttings soon.  getting excited for flowering a table of that.

i've been talking to my partner about popping some beans now so that we can run some stuff from original breeder stock.  we're lucky to have all the california clone-only things out here, but i have not seen much in the way of the good dutch stuff.  i'm open to what suggestions yall might have on those - right now i was thinking a pack each of mr. nice super silver haze and mr. nice critical mass.  the critical mass is moreso for our use in the flower room, but i'm sure that some of the larger operations around here might like it too.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#569196 - 07/03/11 05:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

aero 2 is running and as of right now both aero 1 and 2 are 100% filled with cuts!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#569995 - 07/05/11 11:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

aero 3 is built - 157 sites :coaster:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#570061 - 07/06/11 10:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Send me a few clones I need some decent genetics I'm tired of working with bagseed.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#570608 - 07/08/11 03:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

the first cuts that were put into aero 1 have about 1" of roots, aero 2 is running smoothly, aero 3 is online with about 60 cuts in it and more to come tomorrow.  got the insulated ducting run for air cooling the metal halides and that's all running now.  got the 4x8 tray on benches and got the drip feed system up and running.  hydro store was out of 1/4" grommets so only 21 of the ~30 plants in the tray have drip feed now (handwatering the others) - will finish that when more grommets are avail.  ran drip tonight until tons of runoff, so tomorrow should give a decent idea of how long the system should run when its hooked to the interval timer.

thinking about putting some of the bigger mothers (hindu kush, jack herer) into something bigger as they seem to be getting pretty rooted up in their 3-4 gal pots.  debating on whether a 15gal trash can with dripper rings would be good, maybe around another 1000w metal halide run vertical/bare bulb. 

flower room plans are mostly settled but havent started the buildout yet.  worried about current mother/clone setup being able to stock the whole thing (6 tables @ 4/ft^2 = 744 clones), so its looking like maybe the room will become perpetual just by nature of us having to stock the tables slowly due to wait time for clones.  as it sits right now, one full rotation of all 3 aeros is good for ~280 clones, so that means the room would probably get two tables rotated in every 2 weeks.  would be cool to be rotating on that schedule too - theoretically that would mean chopping 4-6lbs of top shelf medicine semi-weekly!

Edited by yellownotepad (07/08/11 01:01 PM)

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#570626 - 07/08/11 08:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

pics?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#570698 - 07/08/11 12:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i thought you'd never ask :tarantino:

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Loc: My Cave
    #570704 - 07/08/11 01:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Nice grow man. You certainly are ambitious!:crazy:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Captain Caveman]
    #570719 - 07/08/11 02:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Captain Caveman said:
Nice grow man. You certainly are ambitious!:crazy:

i will agree with you when the 12kW flower room is running at capacity :omgawesome:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#570728 - 07/08/11 02:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

woah and you took pics when its clean too!!

sick set up man. the girls are looking really healthy too.

you said earlier that you where never gonna flower and where running a strait clone farm....what made you change your mind and go for the flower room if you don't mind me asking?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#570741 - 07/08/11 04:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pernicious said:
woah and you took pics when its clean too!!

sick set up man. the girls are looking really healthy too.

you said earlier that you where never gonna flower and where running a strait clone farm....what made you change your mind and go for the flower room if you don't mind me asking?

realized that it would be a lot less hassle than i had thought to deal with electricity distribution and running a mini split by putting it up on the roof outside.  the room i was talking about is still going to remain the clone farm - its just that now i have the ability to build another room.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#570807 - 07/08/11 07:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Fucking amazing. If I ever come out that way I'll gladly sign on as a patient...Shits clean :thumbup:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#570831 - 07/08/11 09:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

current clone tally as of right now

aero 1 - 57 cuttings (16 rooted)
aero 2 - 75 cuttings (0 rooted)
aero 3 - 112 cuttings (0 rooted)
total - 244 clones in progress

:vaped:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#570902 - 07/09/11 07:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

pretty rad man. haven't seen any set ups like that since i left van.

i dont know if its against forum rules or not but how much do clones go for in the states? because in Canada we can only get like $10 TOPS for them.

Plus with the MMAR program being so fucked up here we get in more shit for clone trading then selling crack..... wasn't ever really worth it....never thought id see the states be more forward thinking then Canada with mmj laws.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#570954 - 07/09/11 07:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i will say that typical prices paid by patients at collectives in the area are $8-15 each.  i've seen as low as $5, but those were some sorry little charlie brown christmas trees.  i'm not sure exactly what our reasonable compensation will be for materials and labor since we have just only started rooting the first batch of cuts, but i'm assuming it will be on the higher end of the spectrum - although keep in mind we are working with the collectives and not the patients directly.  i have no idea what the retail price will come out to be once they are at the collectives.

slow day today, been mulling over some projects:

-automated control system for keeping all our reservoirs topped off, and keeping the reserve water tanks topped off (with tap / ro).  sprinkler valve to shut the tap on and off, float switches for various fill/stop points on the tanks, and pump controls to fill/drain stuff.

-5VDC controllable 120VAC relays so i can start rigging things up to a central control system without too many headaches.  this would allow fans / pumps / valves / etc to be controllable with a microcontroller (i.e. arduino).

-little grow cab so we can test run some things while i wait for the flowering room to be ready.  probably something with just a 70w HPS and a dripper system to run 6 or 8 clones in 1 gallon pots.

surveillance system should be arriving monday which means i'll finally be able to keep an eye on the place both when i'm back in the room and unable to hear anything, and when i'm gone.

air cooling has been working out great, no problem holding the room at 70-71* now, and i actually have been turning it up to 74-75 sometimes because it gets chilly in there!

dripper system is functioning 100% perfect, still gotta put some more lines into the system to cover all the plants but grommets are in short supply so the handwatering shall continue as needed.

did a little digging on some of the genetics we have, our hindu kush is from sensi seeds, and supposedly finishes in 45-50 days.  kinda excited about that kind of speed but i want to test a couple cuts to see if thats actually the case, and whether the buds are worthwhile.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#571048 - 07/10/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

the hindu kush from sensi is actually pretty good considering how cheap the beans are. and yeah its an early finish with pretty nice results you guys should be happy with them.

and damn dude your always doing sooo much work. i cant wait to see where you boys are in 6 months.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#571442 - 07/12/11 06:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yaya!  all aero cloners are filled 100%

now its time to go home and get the fuck to sleep before morning traffic picks up

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#571450 - 07/12/11 07:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

edit: nevermind, good luck with your grow douche.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (07/12/11 02:50 PM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#571549 - 07/12/11 02:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

god damn it mhbound quit jumpin on my nuts in my grow thread you sketchy motherfucker :crankey:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#571552 - 07/12/11 03:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

woah what did i miss???

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#571565 - 07/12/11 03:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

17 of the first cuts put into aero 1 are now in 16oz cups of coco coir.  everything else shouldn't be far behind.  of course it just happens that my partner is leaving town for 10 days again, which means that i'll be handling all the aero-->cup transplanting alone :-(

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#571568 - 07/12/11 03:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus! How many cuts do you have, anyways?

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#571582 - 07/12/11 04:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

moar cuts, aeros back to 100% filled - total clone count (cups + aeros) = 316

:feelsgoodman:

edit: im stuck at 316 due to lack of aero cloner space and i dont feel like double stuffing the pucks.  gotta figure out if i even have space for 316 beer cups....if yes, then as soon as the aeros are cleared up they will get refilled immediately. 

Edited by yellownotepad (07/12/11 05:00 PM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#572030 - 07/14/11 03:01 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

annoying!  lost 3 earth og cuts - they went all pale and mushy.  reminded me its a good time to clean and flush all the aeros, so its 2am and i'm running around the shop dumping and filling aero cloners. 

no worries though, the mothers are overgrown as all fuck, im considering grabbing some rapid rooters since i feel bad throwing cuts away while the aero cloners are all full.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#572035 - 07/14/11 06:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

lol, sounds like more of a blessing then a problem man. i know a few people who would kill to have your issues :tongue:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#572167 - 07/14/11 06:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

picked up more supplies today.  going to throw a 4x4 tent with an air cooled 1000w hps and a cheap AC.  got half square pots and half round pots so i can see if there is a big difference between them in my situation.  will snag some of the clones that are almost ready and get that in flower.  couldnt fit the 4x4 tray in my car and the hydro guy mistakenly gave me a 600w ballast/bulb so i'll have to go back tomorrow with the landcruiser.

:awesome:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#572196 - 07/14/11 09:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Man, to be able to just go down to the shop and pick up whatever you feel like you need must be a damn good feeling! I feel the pinch bad when one of our nutes goes out and I gotta drop $50-100 on another gallon of whatever-it-is-this-time! Lol.

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#572199 - 07/14/11 09:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah its nice having a handful of good hydro stores nearby, and a partner that makes sure funds are almost never an issue.

the cool thing about the one closest to the shop is they stock QUANTITY.  last hydro store i bought coco from we needed 10 bags and they only had 9 between their storage and the shop floor.  the one im using now has pallets on hand and quoted me a decent price (i think..?) for them.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#572207 - 07/14/11 10:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I was wondering... have you ever considered using an Ice Box heat exchanger? I like em, but never seen how well they work...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#572211 - 07/14/11 10:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
I was wondering... have you ever considered using an Ice Box heat exchanger? I like em, but never seen how well they work...

nope never really seen a reason for it

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#572236 - 07/15/11 01:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

pulled some rooted cuts and put them in cups, replaced those sites in aero, and put some cuts in rapid rooters.

total clones in progress (cups, aero, rapid rooters) = 349

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#572270 - 07/15/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

brainstorm:

wanting to play around with stuff in the foyer. 

the 4x4 ebb adn flow with a 1kw HPS over it on 12/12 will give me answers on whether square pots are worth the extra money and medium, tell me how a few different strains respond to SoG / lollipopping, and give me a more solid number on flowering periods for the stuff i want to run. 

i also am really curious about vertical, so i'm thinking to tent off a little spot to run like four 5gal buckets around a bare bulb....maybe 400 or 600w?  not sure...

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#574398 - 07/24/11 04:53 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

just ordered a 24,000 btu mini split :omgawesome:

also picked up a ton of stuff from the hydro store
-20x 50L bags of coco
-4x 1000w HPS setup
-4x 4x4 ebb and flow (tray + 70 gal res)
-can 150 scrubber + 12" vortex fan

etc etc.  we're going to start framing out the flowering rooms this week!  going get 4kw up and running and then start adding from there.  the final plan is now that we will have two flower rooms that are 9x18ft each.  they will be exact clones of each other - 6kw of light (air-cooled), 6 4x4 ebb and flow systems, 24000 btu mini split.  we're doing 4kw worth on the first room right this minute mostly for cash reasons, but also it should be good to be able to make sure we've got enough cooling capacity before we have all 6 lights in and running.

abandoned the flowering tent because my construction skills suck and we're now dealing with the full size flowering rooms so there's no time.

also holy shit a can 150 with a 12" fan is fucking massive. 

i'm not sure whether this will count as a flip flop or not, because right now i'm planning on having each room totally isolated from the other - even having separate subpanels, feeder lines, and service disconnects for the wiring.  but that being said i will probably have them on at alternating times.

for 240v power distribution (lights + mini splits), i'm still figuring out the last bits but what i've got so far is the following:
-60 amp fused service disconnect
-6awg Cu for the hots + 8awg Cu for the ground
-subpanel with breakers split up - 2 lights per breaker, and the indoor and outdoor sides of the mini split on their own breaker each
by my math, that should end up being about 44 amps worth of load on the panel, so we're well within our margin both on the wire and fuse ratings.

as far as the veg room:
aero 1 and aero 2 are good, 10+ inches of roots. 
aero 3 is rooting spectacularly - this is the one that has a mag-drive pump and the roots are easily twice as thick and 5 times as plentiful.  i'd estimate 30-40 cuttings in aero 3 are ready to be moved out. 
all our mothers are doing great, and a handful are far overgrown - these will need to be moved out to another area, i'm still figuring out what will be the least hassle at this point.  i've got lights and things around but not a lot of time to screw with them.  probably will still move to 5gal buckets of coco though. 

the new beer cup veg rack that my partner is building right now will be AWESOME and should be up and running with all the rooted cuts in cups in there now.  40 gallon reservoir in the bottom, and then two shelves with 2x4 ebb and flow trays that are fed by their own pumps from the same 40 gal res.  the big T5 fixtures will get put into that rack and it should work really well for giving fresh transplants a bit of veg time.

will poast cool pictures later today, but for now its back to work.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #574417 - 07/24/11 06:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

can't wait to see these new pics man. To say the least i'm envious :gethigh:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #574606 - 07/25/11 08:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

because the main veg room is so overgrown right now, i decided to hang a couple 1000w HPS out in the entryway to the veg room while we get things sorted out.  one bare bulb vertical, and one in a regular air cooled hood. set 9 mothers each in 4x4 trays and i'll handwater those for now.

started work on transplants and grabbed my precious (dj short's blueberry).  was drilling drain holes in a 5 gallon bucket (it was in a 3 gallon to start with, and was rootbound).  i started thinking that 5 gallons seemed a bit small, and then out of the corner of my eye i saw something and got an idea.  i called my partner and told him that we are getting a blueberry tree, and he needs to go get us a new trash can because i was going to cannabalize ours. 

the 2-tiered rack seems neat so far, its still a work in progress though.  this willl be the home for clones that are fresh out of the aero cloner and are getting a bit of veg time in beer cups.  both trays are ebb and flow, fed by the 40 gallon reservoir at the bottom.  i may upgrade this to a 70 gallon since im not sure how stable the nutes will be when feeding both trays. 

on a side note, holy jesus a can 150 and 12" vortex fan is big.  we'll be using one of these setups per flowering room.  not excited about moving another one of these home from the hydro store :lol:

InvisibleMuggles

#574628 - 07/25/11 09:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:popcorn:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Muggles]
    #574842 - 07/27/11 01:35 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

well fuck.  im finding out more about the vendor that our teens came from and im starting to really question how proper the genetics are, and even best case whether they are actually good phenos.

so fuck it, im throwing mothers in trash cans and going to flower a bunch of them out to free up space for some better shit.

dj shorts blueberry is in a 20 gallon, chocolate sour diesel is in a 32 gallon, and one of the bigger querkle moms is going into another 20 gallon.  fuck it we growin treeeeees.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#574858 - 07/27/11 07:25 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Dj shorts blueberry i soo nice...

and holy fuck that is a huge filter....

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#574974 - 07/27/11 07:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

picked up some 20 gallon smart pots today, will be interesting to see how they do compared to the 20 and 32 gallon trash cans

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#574999 - 07/27/11 10:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

LSTing chocolate sour diesel

blueberry now living under its own 400w metal halide

aero 3, beer cup veg racks, and in the back you can see where we're overflowing into what is now becoming veg 2.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#575268 - 07/29/11 03:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

picked up the 24000btu mini split from teh freight depot this morning.  its so shiny!  partner is going out of town again so we still have not framed out flowering rooms :crankey:

toying around with how big of trees i can grow under these 10 foot ceilings, things could be getting interesting during flower.

cleaning and organizing the shop today, and then transplanting the rest of the shit in aero 3.  will break down and sterilize aero 2 and 3 once they are emptied out (aero 1 is empty and sterilized now) and probably take another batch of cuttings. 

threw the last of my big momma F2 beans (from a long while back, one of my old threads actually) into some wet paper towels. i have no idea if they will even germinate after this many years but we shall see! 

been researching into rotating some new strains into the room adn getting rid of the runts, will probably try and pick some stuff up next week, and maaayyybe order a couple seed packs if i'm feeling up to it.  we're already overcrowding veg 2 which *was* the foyer and was supposed to be a temporary setup.  now i've got 2kw of hps and the whole space filled...

probably going to order another mini split and use that to cool veg 1, and move the 10000 btu window unit into veg 2.  will also need to order a 24000 split for flower 2.  we're going to have a whole grip of mini splits up on the roof hiding behind the shop's original central ac unit :shoosh:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#575315 - 07/29/11 07:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

whatuppppp 24000 btu mini splitttttt

this one is for flower 1.  so excited!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#575486 - 07/30/11 04:39 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:omgawesome: the querkles i moved from 1 gallon pots to 5 gallon buckets already have roots popping out the drain holes of the buckets

InvisibleMuggles

#575490 - 07/30/11 04:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

how long did that take?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#575758 - 07/31/11 04:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

one of the clones i've been letting get bigger, doing nicely in its new 3 gallon home.

my other hindu kush mother that i didn't put in a trashcan, just re-did all the LST

i like em thick

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#577878 - 08/12/11 06:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

overdue for an update:

have been sending clones out of the shop and our 1 gallons in coco have been VERY well received by patients.  we are 100% out right now and have people waiting on us to have more ready.  really nice having people stoked on my work.

the trash can plants and the couple we threw into 20 gallon smart pots are doing GREAT.  they are absolutely massive.  i was looking earlier and if i tie down the new growth on my big hindu kush (in 32gal of coco) it would be easily 6-8ft wide.  i'm really liking the 1k bare bulb so far, and definitely considering using them more.  im thinking about trying out putting a tomato cage in the middle of one of the bigger trees so i can train the plant into a hollow cylinder.  this would allow me to throw a barebulb into the center of the plant itself - and still light it from outside as well!

almost done building my new aero cloner setup.  it's a 4x4 botanicare tray with a sprayer manifold that connects up to standard ebb and flow fittings.  the manifold lays on the grooves in the table to stay in place but sits up enough to still allow proper drainage.  got a tray lid with no holes cut, which will be getting puck holes cut out of it asap.  by my math i should end up with about 290 sites in this cloner!  i'll be running the sprayers with a 750gph mag drive pump that will sit in a 40g res of straight RO.  my 167 site storage tote cloner (the first mag drive powered one i built) has consistently been giving MUCH MUCH thicker roots and so i'm pretty much sold on never using non-mag pumps on cloners at this point.  the old ones that used eco 396 pumps worked okay, but there is just no comparison to the root growth on these newer cloners.

the flower rooms are still proceeding, but a bit different than planned.  due to slightly slowed down cash flow, we're doing more cloning for patients before we go to flower our own stuff.  what would have been flower 1 is now going to be veg 3 (veg 1 is the original 9x12 veg room, veg 2 is the temporary setup with 2kw of HPS).  veg 3 will start out with 4kw of HPS over 4x4 ebb and flow systems and our trash can trees, plus it will be home to the new 4x4 cloner. 

wiring has been getting fun and we're finally starting to get things nailed down with our 3 phase service.  we ran two 6awg hots and an 8awg ground in EMT from our mains out to veg 3.  that terminates at a 60 amp subpanel that will be 240v only - powering 6kw of HPS and the 24k btu mini split.  running all that conduit was a bit trying at first but we got things figured out and its all set now.  the subpanel will send 8 runs of 14/2 romex up to a board on the ceiling.  the ceiling board (we call it the scorpion) will have 6 240v outlets for the ballasts, and a junction for the mini split's power cords to tie into.  the ballasts are set up with two 1kw hps per breaker, and with the mini split on its own breakers.  put a 60 amp fused disconnect back at the mains for this line, so the whole thing is built above code, and protected in just about every way possible. 

i'm sketching out ideas on what to do for improving and modularizing our electrical stuff.  my current idea is to run 6/2 romex from our mains out to a master box for each room.  we'll probably run that through some flexible aluminum conduit because i'm way over dealing with EMT again.  6/2 copper is good for 55 amps, but i'll probably breaker the master box at 50 just to be safe.  since our 3-phase is funky and cant be split into 120v single phase straight up, i'm looking at using 240->120v transformers from mcmaster.  this will allow me to run just the 6/2 romex out to the room, and then the transformer can give me 120v power to run the inline fans (scrubber, air cooling fans for the lights), water pumps, oscillating fans, etc.  the master box can have a cord with a range type plug (the 50a nema ones you use fo an electric stove/oven) and the main run can terminate into that.  it will keep our setup simple and allow the installations to be really nice and simple.  using this idea, i can have power run out to each new room pretty quick, and then just run a separate block of power for all of the mini splits. 

the reason for all the electrical work is twofold.  first, we know we're putting up flower 2 shortly, and it will need this stuff.  we also are looking at setting up yet another room that was already built, so thats another panel.  on top of that we are discussing the idea of getting a second warehouse to run flower only, and if it is similarly sized to the one we have now, i can easily see running 4 flower rooms @ 6kw of light each - so thats 4 more sets of the same electrical work.  being able to build a bunch of the same unit and have it almost plug and play will be crucial in being able to get another location up and running in much less time than we've spent stumbling our way through the current buildout.  we've streamlined our framing and drywall work and the last room build took a mere 7 hours to get framing and drywall in place (still need to mud and paint it though). 

fringe benefit that has been popping up lately: lots of really good looking girls.  budtender girls are the coolest, and running around to some other collectives to provide them with clones has meant hanging out in the back with cute 20-something girls who work in a medical marijuana dispensary.  could you ask for more? 

no pictures for now, but ill dump some up here soon.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#577879 - 08/12/11 06:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

holy essay much lol.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#577884 - 08/12/11 06:59 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

well if you compare it to normal closet grow threads, i think that on a words-per-watt basis im doing pretty good!

also just remembered - i've got an experiment in mind that i will hopefully do in the next week.  im borrowing a 2x2 grow tent from a friend and we have a bunch of clones that got really tall in beer cups and i didnt want to sell them (too close to teh size of our 1 gallon stuff). i want to try and build a mini-colosseum.  im thinking to make ring shaped flood trays using rain gutter.  we've got a spare 400w light that i've got sitting over my blueberry mother right now (its going under a 1kw light as soon as the new room is turned on).  i've got that 5000btu window ac i grabbed a while ago so i might figure out how to use that with the tent, btu if not we've got a handful of 4 and 6 inch inline fans plus a smaller carbon scrubber thats just been kicking around anyway.  im still figuring out how exactly to handle the irrigation stuff but the environment itself is more or less laying around when i am ready to do that.

edit to illustrate my point: we've got 5200w of veg up right now, and are going to be roughly doubling that in the next few days with just veg rooms, and ending up with 17-18kw between veg and flower very soon when the next room or two are going.  i know there are lots and lots of people doing far bigger and crazier things, but it sure seems big to me right now.

Edited by yellownotepad (08/12/11 07:01 AM)

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#577902 - 08/12/11 10:14 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

thats crazy dude. i wish i had the kind of funding/laws that would allow for a set up like that.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578055 - 08/13/11 07:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

veg 3 subpanel wiring and disconnect are all hooked up to the mains.  outlet board is all wired and ready to be mounted/hooked up to the subpanel.  should have that done tomorrow so veg 3 will have lights. 

cut the coolant lines / power / control holes in the roof and mounted/sealed the flanges for those.  turns out our mini split is not the precharged lines type, so i've got to sort out either getting an HVAC tech out to the shop or i need to go buy a vacuum pump and appropriate gauges for R-410A refrigerant.  fucking HVAC. 

picked up supplies to build my prototype master control box.  built the first timed accessory module - 7 day 24 hour digital timer and 6 outlets in a 4 gang box.  it looks slick as all fuck.  breaker setup for it right now will be 2 x 15A for the 6 1kw HPS, 1 x 15A for accessory equip.  the accessory modules will be two of my 6 outlet timed units (one for irrigation pumps and one for timed fans) and two 2 gang boxes that will have a total of 6 non-timed outlets that will have a regular switch on them.  still deciding on what to do for the timer for the lights themselves.  i almost was going to buy a heavy duty mechanical timer but i think i can do better.  i may just use another one of the digital timers and have it trip relay(s).  still need to investigate my options for timing 30A worth of 240V. 

tried to go pick up a spool of 6/2 romex but home depot only had it on special order.  did get a look at similar cables and im stoked to see they are very heavily insulated.  should be no problem running that without needing aluminum flex conduit.

need to sit down and figure out which transformers to buy for the 240V-->120V step down setup.  given that im putting in a 15A breaker for those lines im thinking a 2000 VA unit should be more than sufficient. 

picked up the stuff for dealing with closed circuit air cooling for veg 3.  got a 12" turbine vent for exhaust, and two T-hats for intake.  my plan is to disable the turbine so that it holds still and will not appear to be spinning super fast 24/7.  talking about building some sort of plenum box for those so that we can just directly hook up three 8" ducts.  that will allow me to run 8" ducting to our can fan RS8HOs.  we've got 3 of those so that each bank of two lights will have one 8" fan cooling it.  if i go barebulb then idk wtf i will do, but for now we'll at least be geared up for air cooling everything. 

thats all for now, gotta get to sleep for the next 3 hours before its time to get back to work.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#578059 - 08/13/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Shits slick man nice work so far I wish I could do it here but for now I have to stick to others, including my own, sucks. :frown:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578676 - 08/16/11 02:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

been awake for the last 37 hours.  finished building the newest aero cloner - 288 sites in a 4x4.  problem right now though is it has so many sprayers i had to run two 750gph mag drive pumps to get even half decent spray.  that much water wont drain fast enough out of one drain.  going to have to try two drains and see if i can get the tray to stop flooding over the sprayer manifold....

got the mini split all dealt with.  picked up proper equipment to evacuate teh lines etc and although i shat brix while doing the job for the first time, i know i can now do it just fine over and over.  damn mini split blows so fucking cold i had to turn it off while i was in the room working earlier because i was freezing balls.  its also dead quiet both indoors and out.  really stoked on the whole deal.

going to call it a night and sort out the drainage issues with the cloner tomorrow so i can fill it with cuts.  unfortunately the ~25 hindu kush cuts i already took will have to go to the great garden in the sky.  luckily the trash can mothers have taken off.  i'm 99% sure i can fill the whole 288 site in one go right now.

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

#578707 - 08/16/11 08:17 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Pretty cool man. I enjoy following your work. Keep it up!:bow2:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578784 - 08/16/11 04:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

one of the 4 gang modules i'm putting together - 6x 110v plugs all on a timer.  should integrate into things very very cleanly.

hindu kush getting bigger in its 32 gallon trashcan

we have a lot of aero cloner pucks

the new 288 site cloner is pretty tits.  as far as i know you cant buy anything as big as this unit.  took for fucking ever to drill all those damn holes though.

took a photo so you can see how the internals are laid out

this was easily the most tedious thing i have done so far in this place. 

Edited by yellownotepad (08/16/11 04:53 PM)

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#578796 - 08/16/11 05:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That cloner is fucking awesome, man!!

I was wondering though... I had thought you were a legal garden? How can you have such insane numbers of clones and stay in legal standing? I had thought that there aren't any states that allow over 100 plants...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578815 - 08/16/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

california's plant count limits are per-patient (some counties have other rules) so as we are part of a pretty big collective and propagating / flowering for a large chunk of them, we're a long ways from our current plant limit. we are handling about 200 of our collective's patients which puts our limit at about 1200.  obviously the federal government would have a whole different opinion on the matter, but let's just hope we dont have to cross that bridge.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#578823 - 08/16/11 06:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ah, okay... up here in Washington its still pretty fuckin' grey, since Gregior did that partial veto bullshit this last year. So now there's a set plant limit for "collective gardens" at 45, but there's nothing saying how many collectives can be in one building. What the fuck good does setting a collective garden limit do if you don't have ANY other guidelines to go by?? Lol

We're gonna be going with 2 gardens of 45 and one of 9, all seperated by some light netting to distinguish individual gardens... we don't really want to go over 100 until there's at the very least some state legislation saying I can have more clones at the very least. Don't Colorado's laws say that a clone in a 2" or smaller rockwool cube doesn't count against your plant limit? This is something I've heard but not done the research to confirm... :getstoned:

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578832 - 08/16/11 07:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Ah, okay... up here in Washington its still pretty fuckin' grey, since Gregior did that partial veto bullshit this last year. So now there's a set plant limit for "collective gardens" at 45, but there's nothing saying how many collectives can be in one building. What the fuck good does setting a collective garden limit do if you don't have ANY other guidelines to go by?? Lol

We're gonna be going with 2 gardens of 45 and one of 9, all seperated by some light netting to distinguish individual gardens... we don't really want to go over 100 until there's at the very least some state legislation saying I can have more clones at the very least. Don't Colorado's laws say that a clone in a 2" or smaller rockwool cube doesn't count against your plant limit? This is something I've heard but not done the research to confirm... :getstoned:

thats very interesting to hear.  i've always figured that they would consider it a plant as soon as the first root nubs poke out of the stem.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#578836 - 08/16/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, I would think so too, honestly...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578922 - 08/17/11 06:19 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

been spraying, pruning, transplanting, and taking cuttings.  long long long long day! 

in the new cloner now: 38 hindu kush, 32 dj's blueberry, 33 chocolate sour diesel, and 44 querkle.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578923 - 08/17/11 06:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Captain Caveman said:
Pretty cool man. I enjoy following your work. Keep it up!:bow2:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#578956 - 08/17/11 09:51 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

thats a retarded aero cloner dude.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#579041 - 08/17/11 03:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pernicious said:
thats a retarded aero cloner dude.

:confused:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#579050 - 08/17/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

lol i meant it in a good way :tongue:

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#579053 - 08/17/11 05:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

snap a pic of the aero when it's full...i gotta see that! :awebig:

--------------------

Offlineimonone
Stranger
    #579254 - 08/18/11 05:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ive been following your work for a while, i finally just had to register so i can ask! i dont know about anyone else, but how the fuck are you getting all the money for this?!?!?!?!?!?!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: imonone]
    #579284 - 08/18/11 07:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

imonone said:
ive been following your work for a while, i finally just had to register so i can ask! i dont know about anyone else, but how the fuck are you getting all the money for this?!?!?!?!?!?!

get outta my thread fgt :partykid:

this is why i should have never shown my partner the growery, now he goes and makes an account.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#579318 - 08/18/11 11:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

cuttings in the cloner now: 15 mars og, 48 hindu kush, 43 diablo og, 32 dj short's blueberry, 33 chocolate sour diesel, 44 querkle, 22 earth og.  let's hope they all root beautifully

:feelsgoodman:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#579321 - 08/18/11 11:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wow that thing is fucking impressive. I wantz one!

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#579337 - 08/19/11 04:57 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:shock:

holy shit man.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#579341 - 08/19/11 06:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i know, right?  i'm really stoked on the thing, it came out better than i had imagined it would.  so far all the cuttings are looking like they're getting what they want too.  excited to see what kind of roots i get in this one. 

snagged a toy today -  borrowed a growlab tent from a friend.  just put it all together and now i'm going to figure out what kinda thangs i will do inside it.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#579349 - 08/19/11 07:55 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

lol sounds like fun. i swear growers are just children who never grew up lol. were always getting new toys and fucking with everything and have a huge grin on our face while doing it.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#579352 - 08/19/11 08:19 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ooo ooo!  i remembered i had 4 querkles vegged out in 5 gallon buckets that i've been figuring i could flower somehow.  i just thinned them out a bunch and took 44 cuttings so im not worried about preserving these as mothers.

with a really carefully managed vertical scrog, you guys think i could get these things to work?

if i tie them down obsessively into a vertical screen, would i be able to keep them from burning on the bulb....? or are these things just too big for the tent setup?

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#579380 - 08/19/11 11:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

tie them down well enough and you may not even need the vertical scrog. and to answer your question: i dont see any problems.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

#579498 - 08/20/11 12:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it...
:cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#579635 - 08/20/11 03:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

alright i'm doing that then :-)

taking a few cuttings of randoms and smaller moms this morning, so far 9 alien ogs, 4 california orange buds, 4 la confidentials. 

picked up stakes and fencing for the querkle vscrog.  when my partner is back awake we'll get cracking on a custom sized drain tray for the tent (its too small for 3x3, but 2x2 is not big enough for me). 

im thinking about trying out an idea i have.  i wont say what it is just yet, but i am going to refer to this as project hydra for now :shoosh:

InvisibleMuggles

#579657 - 08/20/11 04:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

does it involve snakes?

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#579679 - 08/20/11 05:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i didnt realize you had LA Confidential. how is it? ive yet to try it but its getting to the top of my list now.

and OOOOoooooooh project hydra sounds interesting lol.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#579817 - 08/21/11 10:00 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

and this is why we do LST

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #579818 - 08/21/11 10:07 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Omfg its a tree!

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: T-Rex]
    #579819 - 08/21/11 10:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

slightly bigger than your average indoor cannabis plant i suppose

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#579834 - 08/21/11 11:54 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

lol nice.

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

#579853 - 08/21/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Pretty cool man. Lemme know when you're ready to expand to Colorado.
:money::rofl:

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#580064 - 08/22/11 05:37 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

tent is officially running.

growlab tent - the 2'7" square one.  400w HPS vertical barebulb.  4" inline fan cooling it.  four querkles in 5-gallon pots of coco.  made a quick little runoff tray that drains into a bucket outside the tent.  going to probably put a simple dripper system together tomorrow to water it (handwatered for tonight).  used some vinyl coated yard fencing to make a vertical scrog about 18" in diameter.

today is officially day 1 of flower with that tent.  will post pictures tomorrow.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#580513 - 08/23/11 08:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

modifications going into the cloner tonight when i get back to the shop (in data structures and algorithms class right now)
-300 watt submersible heater
-two 12" airstones
-calcium hypochlorite

i'm hoping this will help both with speed and success rate - annoying losing even a couple cuts here and there. 

partner's back is all jacked up so construction has gotten slowed down a bit.  supposed to be finishing the ballast racks on the ceiling, and the final bits of the outer layer of drywall on the new walls.  we're totally sold out of clones as of last night - can't keep the damn things on the shelves!  seen some photos from folks who got my work and threw it outdoors, and they've done really well.  i'm hoping to be able to keep tabs on a few peoples grows that are using my cuttings, maybe even get some photos to show yall. 

i think i'm going to have to redo the insulation in the roof over the new grow rooms as its shitty as fuck pink fiberglass with aluminum over it, and i fucking hate it.  its also old as hell.  but the only thing between me and the hot sun is that shit ass insulation, a layer of old as fuck plywood, and the roofing material (tar crap).  that being said, the mini split has been a fucking champ.  its cold as all hell and holy jesus fuck it pulls a lot of moisture out of the air.  no joke, we've had a 100gal tank under the condensate line for a few days and its easily got 30 gallons in it right now.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#580823 - 08/25/11 05:40 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i am starting to get paranoid about CO2.  all our rooms are sealed and air conditioned and have no CO2 supplementation.  this was obviously fine when we just had the single main room, and it was not really STOCKED with canopy, but i'm getting worried that we may be past the point of "ok".  i have this weird feeling that things seem to have been growing slower than they were early on.  maybe it's all in my head, but i think i want to go grab one of those cheap CO2 test kits to see whats up.  with 275+ square feet of canopy and only 2 human beings introducing new CO2 to the environment, i am not sure whether we may be hindering growth.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#580834 - 08/25/11 06:42 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

you guys are fine for Co2 as long as they are in veg. i have never heard of anyone needing Co2 during the veg even in giant shows. me as well as most people i know dont even introduce it until the 3rd or 4th week of flower anyway.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#580835 - 08/25/11 06:42 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

but i mean a having a test kit handy never hurts either.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#581072 - 08/26/11 04:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

been a slow couple days right now, just tending to things.

upcoming projects:

-helping partner build a little cabinet for him to fiddle with.  planning on flowering two of our runt mothers - la confidential and mars og.  plan is to make a parabolic horizontal scrog and run something small-ish like a 250w or 400w hps.

-building a little side project of my own - will document that on its own thread

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#582392 - 08/31/11 02:37 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

clone list update

cut 8/15:
mars og - 15
hindu kush - 38
diablo og - 43
dj short's blueberry - 32
chocolate sour diesel - 33
querkle - 44
earth og - 22

cut 8/18:
hindu kush - 10

cut 8/19:
california orange bud - 4

cut 8/20:
alien og - 9
la confidential - 4

cut 8/30:
berry og - 13
venus og - 7
alien og - 8
skywalker og - 7
mars og - 17
purple larry og - 10
blue dream - 11
platinum bubba - 10
chocolate sour diesel - 10
hindu kush - 7

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#582409 - 08/31/11 06:50 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

damn :thumbup:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: shagdawg420]
    #582525 - 08/31/11 07:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

the tent of flowering querkles seems to have some mites.  i've been wanting to see whether azamax works as a systemic, so i'm going to try it on those.  no spraying, just 1oz/gal solution water them with that every 4-5 days is what i'm going to try.  if it works, cool, if not then i'll just do foliar.

looking at yanking our silver kushes.  after a lot of fiddling around i still have trouble keeping manageable mothers of the strain.  probably will take 10 or so cuttings and preserve the genetics, but then will be culling all the big ones we have.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

#582558 - 08/31/11 09:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I hate to see a good woman have to be put down :bigblunt:

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#582868 - 09/01/11 09:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

did some measuring on the vertical scrog with the querkles - it has 10 square feet of canopy!  yor projects 401 grams based on the 400w hps / 10ft^2, so i'm hoping to see some decent yield of this little project.  they are on day 11 of flower at this point.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#582958 - 09/02/11 01:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

since im pretty stoked on the way things are going with the vertical scrog with the querkles, i'm doing math on what to do for a 1kw vertical scrog.

shooting for about 4000 lumens per square foot of canopy.  for 140,000 lumens of hps (1kw bulb) that means i need 35 square feet.

going for 4 foot tall screen, that means the circumference of the scrog needs to be 35/4 = 8.75.  if 2(pi)R = 8.75, then my radius for the scrog is 16.7 inches.  seems like a good safe distance from the bulb.  i've been testing bleaching / burning distances and that is way outside the danger zone i'm seeing with bare bulb.

the way im thinking to execute this is to have two halves of the screen that can open up, and have each half move as one unit - plant(s) and screen.  that means each half is 4.375 feet x 4 feet of screen forming a half-circle that has a diameter from edge to edge of 33.44 inches.

just some notes for myself if nothing else, but i figured someone might be able to make use of this information.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#582972 - 09/02/11 05:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

needed to clear up some space, started a few bonsai trees :lol:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#582984 - 09/02/11 06:50 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

lol just went to town on those moms eh?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#583055 - 09/02/11 04:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pernicious said:
lol just went to town on those moms eh?

they're all ones i have duplicates of, and they were scraggly and taking up space unnecessarily, so yes :lol:

in other news, we're getting a demand meter for our 3-phase service, which should save a gooooood solid chunk on our power bill.  10.13 cents/kWh  instead of 14.75 cents/kWh. :heart:  soooo much better than fucked up residential rates where you pay more for using more.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#583061 - 09/02/11 04:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

here's one of the bonsai's roots from last night.  im going to see if i can do rock style bonsai with a few, so i wrapped their roots around rocks and then buried that to let them grow.

built and installed a dripper system on the querkles in the tent, will make watering less of a chore. 

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#583350 - 09/03/11 07:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

feeding more azamax with the nutes for the querkles.  mixed at 0.0468% volume/volume (3 fluid oz. / 5 gallons).  feeding that along with regular nutes (6mL micro / 9mL bloom per gal) for now (probably until i mix a batch of nutes with koolbloom for feeding on day 15 - tuesday). 

threw some leaves under the microscope and found live creepy crawlies, so i spent some time drowning them with needle-carried droplets of azamax.  it was both entertaining and cathartic to watch mites die at 30x magnification!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#583490 - 09/04/11 04:53 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

started some testers flowering:
og kush (soil)
diablo og (soil)
hindu kush (coco)
jack herer (coco)

they're under CFLs in my closet at home for the moment while i put a little cabinet together for them at the shop.  today is day 1 of flower.

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #583587 - 09/04/11 07:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i've been waiting for the day someone does a bonsai mother! :hi5:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: nannybooboo]
    #583590 - 09/04/11 07:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nannybooboo said:
i've been waiting for the day someone does a bonsai mother! :hi5:

i've seen photos and teks of it done a few times and a few places online, but i haven't seen any that were really done with the intent of being a decorative bonsai tree - they are all done just to make cuts without taking up space.  i'm hoping to actually end up with something that looks like a proper bonsai tree

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #586606 - 09/16/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Any updates?

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Stoneth]
    #590864 - 10/06/11 03:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

been busy busy, here's a quick update:

started doing some rapidrooter clones.  in plugs right now we've got:
72 chocolate sour diesel
72 purple larry og
72 diablo og
72 querkle
56 venus og

in the aero cloner we've got:
72 jack herer
36 alien og
bunch of other random shit filling up the remaining spaces

got new genetics this week:
-4 raskal's super skunk cut
-2 rene (heirloom canadian commercial strain)
-1 707 headband

still havent built the new flower room, but working on it.  vegging out a bunch of blueberries for that.

looking at changing up how we do cloning.  the aero cloner is great but it is not really practical at the scale we are wanting to do now.  even when i double up the sites, i'll only have 576 sites.  still going to use it for making big badass stuff and for my own uses, but i think we're probably going to shift more to plugs for the stuff that gets sent out of the shop.  being able to fit 36 plugs per square foot is good. 

the idea i'm mulling over is putting shelving into veg 1 and having a total of 40 flats (two 5' long / 2' deep racks with 4 tiers).  20 of them holding 72-hole plug inserts, and 20 of them holding 1801 deep sheet pots (18 pots per flat, each one is 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" x 3" deep.  i've also been looking into getting plastic stake tags printed up.  waiting to hear back from the companies i contacted right now.  essentially trying to get the clones we send out to be more along the lines of what you see in a regular nursery.  should really help reduce materials costs, while allowing us to produce more plants at a time.

thats all for now, will upload pictures when i have time.

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#590885 - 10/06/11 06:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

holy fuck :gethigh:

--------------------
HUSTLER

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #590887 - 10/06/11 07:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

How are you not EXTREMELY :tinfoil:!?

Edit: NVM, read page 5. I just don't know how it works for all yall out in the West. Lucky fucks. :mad2:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Edited by RasJeph (10/06/11 07:07 PM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: RasJeph]
    #591138 - 10/08/11 02:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

what i got done today:

-started germinating 5 sativa seedbank's new york power diesel (feminized).
-72 earth og cuts into plugs
-cleaned up the shop a ton
-picked up a truckload of lumber and drywall
-got the info on our new ac unit - 24k btu mini split arrives monday

after work, went to friend's place and get some gear set up.  we put a handful of plants up on the roof in my slightly modified version of moonshine mix.  i'll be helping tend that and we'll split the yield. plants up there now are:
-4ft tall querkle (retired mother)
-4ft tall jack herer (retired mother)
-1.5ft tall hindu kush
-1.5ft tall jack herer
-1.5ft tall og kush
-1ft tall alien og
-10" tall hindu kush
-1ft tall blueberry.

tomorrow bright and early we're framing out the new room at the shop.  hopefully drywalling it on sunday.  i've got all the electrical stuff in a box in my car and will be building that.  that room will be a duplicate of the last one we built - 60 amp subpanel, 9x18 footprint with 10ft ceilings, 24k btu mini split ac. 

we did some brainstorming today and it looks like we actually may be able to have two rooms flowering very shortly because of the changes in our cloning operations.  more on that later, gotta get to sleep so i can be a spring chicken for morning growroom framing.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#591540 - 10/11/11 12:24 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

-the NYPDs are in rapidrooters now and hanging out under the T5s.
-transplanted a handful of skywalkers and alien OGs into 3gal pots and smartpots
-new ac unit for the new room was delivered today

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#591565 - 10/11/11 06:53 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was curious to know how many kw/hours you're using with everything you've got there? Between the lights, fans, AC units, and everything else... its probably pretty damn rediculous, I'll bet! Lol

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleHarryNutsack
LEDgrower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Flag
    #591902 - 10/12/11 09:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------
ltd said,
"faggots just don't understand!"

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#592774 - 10/19/11 04:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i'll try and remember to look at the last electric bill when i get a minute.  off the top of my head i want to say that knowing our rate and our bill amount, we did right around 10,500 kilowatt hours last month.  keep in mind everything in the shop is on 24/0, and we're running multiple AC units.

finished drywall, mud, andpaint in flower 1 (9x18 room) and did the etching / primer on the concrete floor.  tomorrow i'll be laying out the first coat of gloss white epoxy (garage floor type stuff) and then the second coat 24hrs later.  once epoxy is all settled (72hrs after 2nd coat) then we'll be putting in rubber base trim and sealing that.  still figuring out what to do with the insulation situation, looking like we'll be using EPS foam sheets to replace the shitty shit fiberglass insulation that is in place right now.  my goal is to have the flower rooms surgical-clean, so having smooth shiny white floors and walls should definitely help.

transplanted 18 jack herers and 18 alien ogs into 1801 sheet pots filled with coco.  these things are the shit, picked up a case from the supply place nearby.  we got 1801 sheet pots and 1020 web trays, which allow me to have 18 clones in the same footprint as the clone plug trays you see at the hydro store all the time.  super cheap, super efficient, and the web trays make it so the sheet pots can be moved around easily as a unit but still plopped into an ebb and flow system and watered. 

due to budget, i'm changing up the plans for flower 1 - no more hydro systems being bought for the time being.  tentative plan is to pick up compressed bales of sunshine mix #4 and fill a whole bunch of 3 gallon nursery pots.  will fill up 6x18 feet of flower 1 with those spaced out to 1 per square foot, leaving a 3ft aisle along the wall (the one that has the entry door) so pots can be slid around for watering with a wand.  ordering jack's fertilizers (jrpeterslab.com)  and going to try and run their 5-12-26 hydro fert + calcium nitrate for ultra cheap feeding.  planning on hanging 4 lights over the 6x18 canopy, although i may bump up to 5 if there appears to be dead spots.  with that setup under 4 lights, i'm looking at 5185 lumens/ft^2, which cannastats thinks will produce around 1g/w - nice!  i'm not so sure that is exactly what will happen, especially with a totally new-to-me setup, but it sounds good. 

in order to try and get a head start on figuring out the new media / nutes, i grabbed a bale of sunshine mix and started transplanting shit into it today.  put fresh clones out of the aero into some of the 1801 sheet pots - 6 jack herers and 6 alien ogs.  tomorrow i'm going to probably move some stuff from 5 1/2" pots of coco to 3-4gal pots of sunshine mix.  once the jack's stuff gets here i'll start figuring out what kind of profile im going to run. 

flower 2 is still mostly up in the air, but i've got ebb and flows i can/will use in there.  we're going to do mud/paint/flooring/wiring in there once flower 2 is done.

chopped down the tent of querkles - pulled about a (dry) ounce worth of buds to air-dry and jar cure for headstash, and tossed the rest of the harvest in a cooler to water cure.  planning on making a real nice batch of concentrates from that as i just dont have the time or inclination to do a proper trim and cure while we're in the middle of a bunch of construction.

the new york power diesels are now in 5 1/2" pots of coco and will continue to veg under the T5s until they outgrow the racks.

been working on getting my mother situation a little more manageable.  bonsai'd down my blueberry tree and stuffed it into a 4 gal pot after some serious root and foliage pruning.  vegging out two new replacement skywalker OG mothers.  working on training a new california orange bud mother.  bonsai'd down mars candy og mother.  have a whole mess of alien og and blueberry plants going, which i will pull one or two of each for new mothers for those strains.  got a couple LA confidentials going in 3 gal smartpots, and have been doing some pruning on the original mother we have to get it under control. 

got about 8 trays of plug clones going - the earliest ones (chocolate sour diesel) are getting nicely rooted, and i'm hoping the rest will continue on a similar schedule. 

aero cloner now has 68 blueberries in it, 50ish alien og, a handful of mixed strains, 8 diablo og, 12 la confidentials, ~55 jack herers, 4 raskal's super skunks, 2 renes, 1 707 headband, and 6 cuts i just took from my big momma F2 plant (it just started alternating nodes!) so i can get that sexed. 

a random jack herer i had laying around is now my experiment with air layering.  last i checked it was already throwing out a couple small roots and had formed a really awesome amount of callouses.  i'm hoping that any day now it will be ready to chop and i'll have a less lanky plant and know more about the air layering process. 

i think i finally nuked the mite problem on my strawberry plant (fucking home depot sells shit with spider mites!) and my big beef (tomato) cuttings are getting well rooted.  as soon as i am able to move some stuff to the new flower rooms i'll get all those fruits transplanted and going again.  got a pack of catnip seeds as well, which i intend to germinate when i'm able.  gotta grow some danks for the cat, its only fair!

the outdoor spot is doing fine.  the blueberry in coco seems to be doing just fine outdoors, and all the moonshine mix stuff seems to be happy and healthy as well.  i dropped off 3 chocolate sour diesels, 2 blueberries, and a hindu kush there tonight, and will try and get them transplanted into 4gal pots of sunshine #4 tomorrow.

in summary, i've been really busy.  but thangs are happenin!

Edited by yellownotepad (10/19/11 04:23 AM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#592961 - 10/20/11 01:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

checked on a little project and it seems my air-layering on a jack herer has worked really well.  going to let those roots develop a little more before chopping, but i'm excited to have a new tool in my belt.

as time goes on i'm starting to see that my operation has a lot to learn from commercial scale nurseries.  i notice more and more that i am picking up immensely useful things from learning about stuff like poinsettia nurseries and places like that.  reading up on how commercial nurseries do integrated pest management programs and i really like the idea.  i am finding that handling the 'weed growing' part of this operation is all fine, but being on a commercial scale means i have to think more about things like materials costs and managing the operation as a whole.  an example is pots.  because of the sheer number of pots we go through, i find myself hunting down wholesale suppliers and weighing costs on pot sizes and media for them.  a change of 50 cents per pot wouldnt be on my mind during a home grow, but for the shop it can be a very big deal!

InvisibleMuggles

#592962 - 10/20/11 01:33 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

pics of the air layering?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#594942 - 11/01/11 03:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

new seeds popped and put into plugs now.  three strains, all bagseeds named for reasons since genetics are indeterminate - fresno, sour pascal, and dirtbag. 

sunshine mix is working well so far, feeding them ~900ppm worth of jack's hydroponic 5-12-26 and calcium nitrate in a 1:1 ratio in r/o water.  keep getting sold out of clones so i haven't gotten a chance to see how anything does over time in this nute / medium combo yet.

everything else is mostly business as usual.  construction, etc.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#597263 - 11/17/11 02:12 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

flowering rooms are online with just the finishing touches being done.  that means as of right now i have just a hair over 13kW, with 10kW of that being the flowering rooms.  probably going to add more in flower 1 and bring it to 7.2kW in that room and 4kW in flower 2.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
    #597278 - 11/17/11 08:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:vibin: sounds epic
P.S. Where da porn brah?

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Dimo114]
    #597330 - 11/17/11 03:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Incredible log don't know why I haven't noticed it until now
Keep the updates comming:popcorn:

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#597496 - 11/18/11 11:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dimo114 said:
P.S. Where da porn brah?

been busy.  also every time i try to take pictures now they come out with fuckloads of black bars - i think because of how much light is on magnetic ballasts and my phone cant deal with it.  cant get a decent picture in any of my rooms :-(

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#597508 - 11/19/11 01:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yep, I have the same problem lol

I just take them out of the room...but I have like 5 plants flowering atm ^.^  Black friday's coming, so its a good time to get a digital camera (99$ for a cannon (i forget what kind but:thumbup:) at HD). Or you can take night pics right after lights go off.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#597715 - 11/20/11 02:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
Quote:

Dimo114 said:
P.S. Where da porn brah?

been busy.  also every time i try to take pictures now ? come out with fuckloads of black bars - i think because of how much light is on magnetic ballasts and my phone cant deal with it.  cant get a decent picture in any of my rooms :-(

I find its easiest to get a picture right when the lights have turned on, but before they've warmed up all the way. For some reason, you don't get the bars on a camera phone like that...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#597723 - 11/20/11 04:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Very true, especially if you have a magnetic ballast, they take a while to warm up! However, I am 99% sure taking picks a minute or so before "sunrise" or after "sunset" is fine. Mostly because Magash told me to do that a while ago, but also cause i've been doing it at least 1ce a week for months .
1 plant out of 11 hermied, but it was the only bagseed, so I blame genetics :tongue:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#600489 - 12/08/11 03:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

bada bing bada boom!  sunglasses in front of phone's camera lens = no problems.  will be dumping new photos soon!

flower 2 is coming along nicely - i forgot to write down when i flipped the lights but my best estimate is nov 15.  flower 1 is officially veg'd out and i'll be flipping the lights in the next day or two.

InvisibleNanook
I CANT SEE
Male

Loc: The Frozen Tundra Flag
    #604069 - 01/05/12 09:03 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

28 days later....

pics?

--------------------

the spirit of Nanook

1400W 1st log

3000W 2nd log (current)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Nanook]
    #604071 - 01/05/12 09:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

one of these days.  broke my droid, and i took some pictures on a friend's phone but her shit is not working right, emailed the photos to myself and they never came.

flower 2 is getting chopped somewhere around the 24th of this month, and flower 1 was flipped on dec 16 so we shall see how it shapes up.  i'll update everything when i have pictures to poast, but a quick list of whats up for now:

-flower 1 (sunshine mix + jack's hydroponic 5-12-26) is a few weeks in, progressing nicely - 6kW / 162ft^2 of canopy
-flower 2 (ebb and flow coco + gh flora - h3ad formula) is about 3 weeks from chop, testing out house & garden bud xl and kool bloom (half/half)
-400w hps cabinet is done, need to put shit in that and flower
-got a sun hut 4x8 tent, 2kw in there with stuff in organic soil-less mix, going into flower soon
-rearranged veg rooms, have some new awesome cuts going plus stuff from seed

current total wattage of lighting in use is now 15,600 watts.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#611152 - 03/01/12 05:07 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

after a bunch of crazy shit, finally concluding in what shall be known as Hell Week, i'm back on the internets.  dug out the digital camera, and going to post fun things tonight.

quick recap on the last little while:
-got rid of a bunch of stuff
-pulled a crop
-got in a fist fight with my friend in the shop, killed a bunch of shit in the process
-got an assistant
-theres probably more, but ill post it with pictures.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #611154 - 03/01/12 05:39 PM (12 years, 20 days ago)

Dang, fighting is no way to do shit.  And never in your grow area mang....

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #611249 - 03/02/12 11:29 AM (12 years, 19 days ago)

did you woop his ass  :warmonk:

--------------------
HUSTLER

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: shagdawg420]
    #611279 - 03/02/12 04:29 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

¡FOTOGRAFIAS!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#611280 - 03/02/12 05:18 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

lessons learned recently:

-flipped plants in flower 1 too early, not going to get a very good harvest there because of it.  need to get dialed in with the strains i'm going to keep running and get a better handle on when to flip them.

-sunshine mix is not something i plan to keep doing.  the simplicity of it is so-so, but i just don't feel as happy with the level of control i have compared to something like coco coir.

-we eliminated a lot of strains for various reasons, and are narrowing down to just a few things that work well.  scaling back the clone vending in order to focus on flower production, so having the genetic library trimmed down to just the things i like running will be nice.

the genetic library as of right now:
-blueberry
-jack herer
-707 headband
-headband
-hindu kush
-NYPD
-raskal's super skunk
-BM2 (my cross - big momma x big momma, from a few years ago)
-skywalker og (dubious origins - might be something else)
-madman og
-diamond og
-L.A. haze
-diablo og
-chocolate sour diesel (dubious origins, suspected master or bubba)
-alien og
-blue dream
-pre-98 bubba kush
-purple kush
-reserva privada OG #18

breaking them down into categories:

Tested here, known good:
-jack herer
-blueberry
-diablo og

Tested by friends, known good:
-blue dream
-pre-98 bubba
-purple kush
-hindu kush

Testing in progress, looking good:
-skywalker og
-chocolate sour diesel

alien og is benched for now.  it got beautiful colors - deeeeep black purple buds.  but things were a little larfy and the yield was meh.  i'm not ready to assign blame there since we had a few issues during flower, but i suspect the genetics are not up to par.  a friend is running it in her 2x4 tent under a 400w, and i'm going to see how things do there before deciding whether to trash that line or not.

To be tested, has potential:
-NYPD
-madman og
-headband (not 707)
-diamond og
-L.A. haze
-reserva privada OG #18

we have the new stock to go into flower 2 vegging right now - going to run a tray each of blueberry and 707 headband.

flower 1 is getting re-tooled as soon as everything in there is harvested.  current plan is to put four 4x4 trays under 1000w each, on the opposite ends of the room.  in the middle of the room i want to try out a single 1000w barebulb.  not sure what i'm going to do there, debating on a few ideas including an undercurrent system or racks of plants in handwatered coco (bobblehead style).

on the pest control front, we've been getting SMASHED with PM.  been beating it back with mildew cure, but picking up some eagle 20 today to hopefully put an end to that issue.  will also be putting sulfur burner(s) in.

InvisibleHarryNutsack
LEDgrower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Flag
    #611283 - 03/02/12 06:02 PM (12 years, 19 days ago)

Alien is known to be low yielding, but is said to make up for it by having a very high potency.  High is said to be spacey/trippy as hell.
I'm just starting week two of flowering this strain myself.

Diablo Og is one of my all times favorites to grow and smoke, everyone I know loves it.

I found the CSD to be a greater yielder, and over all amazing smoke.  Mine purpled well and had blue sparkle thru out the bud, so bag appeal is there as well.

Hindu Kush turned out bad ass, other than I can't speak for yield because I over feed a bit the first three weeks, so of course that suffered as a result.

Just thought I'd drop my opinion on these here, since I'm just down the street from ya.:lol:.

--------------------
ltd said,
"faggots just don't understand!"

InvisibleNanook
I CANT SEE
Male

Loc: The Frozen Tundra Flag
Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: HarryNutsack]
    #611388 - 03/03/12 12:29 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Dude! what is that frosty ass bud on the box of cancer in the first pic?

LOL @ fist fighting

I hope the plants don't like, soak up those bad vibes, man.

Nice library of strains, btw.

--------------------

the spirit of Nanook

1400W 1st log

3000W 2nd log (current)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Nanook]
    #611427 - 03/03/12 07:18 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Nanook said:
Dude! what is that frosty ass bud on the box of cancer in the first pic?

LOL @ fist fighting

I hope the plants don't like, soak up those bad vibes, man.

Nice library of strains, btw.

1) blueberry!

2) :feelsbadman:

3) same here. 

4) thanks :smile:

in other news, the first one of the reserva privada cuts (we got 5 unrooted cuts from someone) rooted, so that's a relief.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#611464 - 03/04/12 07:18 AM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Let me know how your nypd goes for ya. I love the strain in veg so far. Bringin the plant up to the flower room in a day or so. (Along with 11 others).

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#611508 - 03/04/12 03:55 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Let me know how your nypd goes for ya. I love the strain in veg so far. Bringin the plant up to the flower room in a day or so. (Along with 11 others).

will do.  the NYPD is from a 5 pack of fems, i might run all 5 phenos just to see whats up....dunno!

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#611618 - 03/05/12 10:45 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I'm interested to see what you get for phenos. I only had one fem'd seed to pop. The plant grew bushy from the start. With a lil tying I exaggerated those traits quite a bit. Very little space between nodes.

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#618789 - 04/17/12 06:07 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

sup wid it vanilla fayse.

flower rooms are in flower, 10 week mark will be june 19 so we should chop right around then, possibly a little earlier.

the flower rooms are rigged thusly:
4x4 e&f - 9x -  blueberry in 3g coco

4x4 e&f - 9x - blueberry and super skunks in 3g coco

4x4 e&f - 16x - blue dream - 8 in 3g smart pots of coco, 8 in 3g regular pots of coco

4x4 e&f - 16x - pre-98 bubba kush and 707 headband in 3g coco

4x4 e&f - 36x - this is the test tray where we are running a bunch of stuff that is currently new to us.  reserva privada og #18, pre-98 bubba kush, jack herer, new york power diesel #2 pheno, skywalker og, etc - 5 1/2" square pots of coco.

4x4 e&f - 9x - purple kush, blue dream, 707 headband - 3g pots of coco

4x4 drip to waste - 9x - pre-98 bubba, 707 headband, purple kush in 3g pots of coco

also buddy who runs two 4x4s is doing 14x per tray, even split between diablo og and a new madman og cut, all ebb and flow in 3g smart pots of coco.

running h3ad formula (6/9 gh flora micro/bloom) as usual, with 1mL/gal of dutch master zone added during weekly res changes to help keep things cleaner (tired of algae in my shit).  switched to AN pH down as it is way more concentrated (we were up to 350mL of GH pH down per 70 gal res).  going to use agricultural organics' final bloom as a buddy has been using it and been very happy.  that comes in during weeks 6 and 7 if i remember correctly.

on pest control we've added eagle20 and avid to our regimen.  got hit with root aphids at the tail end of the last cycle which sucked, so we hit every single thing in the shop with avid in the medium (8oz per 100gal, complete medium soak, done twice with 7 days between treatments) and that seemed to solve the issue.  despite being ~$250 for a 32oz bottle, it is actually way more cost effective than azamax.  32oz bottle of avid makes 800 gallons of foliar spray (so about $0.31 per gal of mix).  16oz bottle of azamax at ~$70 makes 16 gallons - about $4.38 per gal of mix. 

thats all for now.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#619129 - 04/18/12 02:48 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

where are the pics!

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#619141 - 04/18/12 06:09 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
where are the pics!

i'll try and get some soon, been busy as hell.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#619878 - 04/23/12 03:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

toss up a pick of your purple diesel mang :awesomenod:

i freakin love the nypd i got i  flower (@ week 6 in flower i think).  shes gonna make a damn fine mumma. :grin:

--------------------

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#624722 - 05/26/12 09:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

sup duderinos.

trashed all my genetics except for blue dream, diablo og, super skunk, and my old breeding work.  it was just way too much to deal with and was distracting from dialing in the right stuff.  everything was donated to a loving home with other gardeners i know, so hopefully they will find something they are happy with in the vast library they just got.

in the flower rooms - super skunk cut is living up to expectations it seems, might be able to take that down at day 56 on future runs (its along side other stsuff, so probably will take it longer this time).  blue dreams are looking absolutely wonderful, very happy with those.

been cutting clones for the next run over the last week ish.  going to be all blue dream and super skunk, with diablo on the side.  working on getting a hold of some cookies cuts to try out as well.

expanded the veg room, much more comfortable to walk around and work in now, and have 4kw of light running a ~4'x~20' row dead center.  air cooling it right now as the 12k btu window unit that used to run the smaller veg room took a shit.  going to pick up a mini split after june harvest and that will be real nice. 

big new project is SEEDS.  i'm intending to get a good amount (50-100, hopefully on the higher end of that) of something going in the newly expanded veg room so that i can hopefully have a cut selected that i'm happy with when 2013 rolls around.

if anyone wants to chime in on what i should be looking at getting seed-wise, i'm all ears.  dna genetics, cali connection, and some randoms are available in the clubs, but nothing in their lineups jump out at me.  i'm open to it though.  if i go the seedbank route, critical mass is looking like my strongest option at this point.  but for obvious reasons, i want to be very careful what i pick since i'm going to be having to deal with so many of them and investing so much time / effort into it.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #624724 - 05/26/12 10:09 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Magash is using Maple Leaf Indica in the new strains he's breeding out.  Apothecary seed company is putting out some great genetics.  Also heard good things about Chimera.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #624726 - 05/26/12 10:19 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

If I was you, I'd ask Magash which clubs he's dropping in, and checkout some of his genetics.
Couldn't hurt.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineVaporNation
Stranger

Loc: Los Angeles
    #632015 - 07/18/12 03:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

nice mang

--------------------
VaporNation.com - Your Online Vaporizer Superstore

OfflineVaporNation
Stranger

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: VaporNation]
    #632418 - 07/23/12 03:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

sick grow man

--------------------
VaporNation.com - Your Online Vaporizer Superstore

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck