Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Tank333]
    #566873 - 06/23/11 05:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

trying to figure out wtf is up with teh 3-phase power before i run conduit and subpanels. 

measured between the phases, 220v no problem.  measure from the phases to ground, and it acts weird.  starts out at 110v, but slowly drops down to 75-85 in about 5 seconds.  sucks because i dont want to run everything until i know exactly whats up and why it's doing that....

hopefully i get this sorted out, because it looks like i may be able to use all 3 phases, adn that measn MANY ELECTRICITIES ARE MIEN :coaster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: yellownotepad]
    #567004 - 06/24/11 03:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

subpanel is in place.  got four 15 amp breakers at 110v each - should run everything we need for now.  conduit is run (8awg copper for both hots and the ground)and 30 amp two pole fused disconnect is installed but not wired up.  tomorrow will run the branch circuits for everything.  giving the ac one circuit, each 1000W metal halide its own circuit, and fans and pumps on the remaining circuit.

got 55 gal drums to store RO and tap waters for the different systems, and will be re-running some plumbing to that part of the shop so we can have both RO and tap plumbed out to the back for hoses and reservoirs.

transplanted and LST'd the last of the mothers.  got 16 of them sitting under the one 1000w that is hung right now.  tomorrow will get the other 1000w hung and run the insulated duct for air cooling the hoods.

AC seems to be handling the room just fine, able to get it down to 69 right now which is pretty awesome.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567005 - 06/24/11 05:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #567040 - 06/24/11 12:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I dont know. i would like to see this grow room completed and its obvious your putting alot of work into it. But at the moment im pretty sure im the only user on here that finds the conditions of your room cluttered, dirty and disorganized.

I mean im new here and havent seen any of your previous work but personally i would never grow my patients medicine in such unfit conditions.

Right now i dont have much to go on considering my main room is under construction and i just have a 2 phase closet/cab system going right now.

but all that aside i wouldn't be growing medicine in an unfinished room for many reasons, mostly structurally. The chance for fungus on both the structure and the plants is too high plus the risk of pests is that much higher as well.

other then that good job and i cant wait to see how these ladies turn out.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Pernicious]
    #567041 - 06/24/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

why do people keep talking about flowering?  i'm not flowering!  i'm not going to be flowering!

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#567045 - 06/24/11 12:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i didn't mention flowering. Though a lot of the problems i mentioned would only occur during the flowering cycle. so your just a clone farmer then?

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567047 - 06/24/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pernicious said:

but all that aside i wouldn't be growing medicine in an unfinished room for many reasons, mostly structurally. The chance for fungus on both the structure and the plants is too high plus the risk of pests is that much higher as well.

other then that good job and i cant wait to see how these ladies turn out.

you also have to remember that this room is being air-conditioned and dehumidified to absolutely perfect conditions, the walls are all brand new construction, and its sitting inside a much larger (~1500 square foot) shop.  i agree that there is work to be done, but there are no issues with whats up right now.  the photos are usually when i've been working until 2am, or 5am, and i've given up on cleaning up before i go home to go to bed.  my partner is the OCD cleaning one and i just dont end up taking photos after he's gone and cleaned the crap out of it.

and yes, disorganized, because we are still shuffling things around and moving new equipment etc.  the room is definitely not done, but i disagree on your whole point about that being a problem.  we're a cloning operation, this room is veg only and will remain that way.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#567050 - 06/24/11 12:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well i didnt know it was strictly a cloning operation. maybe i missed that somewhere. and yes being a clone farmers you dont really have to worry about the humidity and pest issues that a full cycle grower would. i respectfully retract my statement:thumbup:

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #567072 - 06/24/11 03:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Wow your washing your car with RO water and I'm stuck hauling it from those damn machines at the grocery store! Ha ha this world is so unfair! :biggrin:

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Doc]
    #567180 - 06/24/11 10:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

still at the shop working.  got our patient paperwork all sorted out today and we're good for about 1200 babies on site at the moment even at 6 per patient :laugh:

pulled romex for the room and as soon as my partner gets back here we'll be connecting everything up. nice thing is we also already have a 30 amp 110 circuit running into the room that we've been using, so with this extra 60 amps worth we will have no problem running all the equipment.

been brainstorming the plumbing situation some more, and i think i'm going to hook it up so we can also pump water back out to the front for draining reservoirs.  should be really tricked out and allow us to drain, fill with tap, fill with ro, and not have to run anything more than a single 3/4" pvc pipe betwween the veg room in the back of the shop and all the plumbing up in the front.  the ro system is slick as all hell too, looked it up and the thing is good for 30 gallons per hour!

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#567226 - 06/25/11 07:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thats a tight RO system.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567416 - 06/26/11 12:38 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well i got all the subpanel shit up and running.  for some reason i cant get single phase 120v running right, but for the time being we have plenty of 240v.  got the second 1000w Mh running for a total of 2kw running off the new electrical work.

doin thangs :braindamage:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567428 - 06/26/11 02:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

woo doggy, we have some unexpected cash available next week, and might go ahead and do some flowering.  if that happens, we're looking at building out another room.  the area it will go in is ~18ft wide, and i can go somewhere between 9 and 13 feet deep in that spot. 

so if i do a flowering room my thinking is to max out a single room so that later on i can flip flop with it. 

based on that idea i am thinking to do the following:

~12 x 18  room.  25,000 BTU mini-split.  6x 1000w HPS.  3x 4x8 ebb and flow table.  i could pull clones from our clone operation and easily do 4 per square foot (370ish babies).

Edited by yellownotepad (06/26/11 03:11 AM)

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567545 - 06/26/11 02:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ok more brainstorming:  4 tables, 8 lights.  30k btu mini split, air-cool the lights with outside air.  thats only 11kw draw between lights and ac.  thats only 45-50 amps!  man 240v power is the shit!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567719 - 06/27/11 05:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

my babehs are growin

got the ebb and flows running.  the 3x3 tray had a crack in one corner :crankey: so i fiberglassed both sides real quick and now it only barely has a drip.  can't beat free equipment though.  the 3x4 is running fine but i need to pick up some extra ebb and flow fittings because we're not getting the tables flooded as deep as i'd like.

both tables are filled at this point, so tomorrow i'll be figuring out which plants can grab some of the light next to the tables, adn which ones will be banished to back under one of the T5 fixtures. 

room is holding at a nice 74 degrees right now without the hoods being air cooled.  one hood needs a new piece of glass, and then i'll be air cooling them.  im thinking i should have no problem getting the room back down to 71-72 degrees once that is going.  moved the ballasts up out of the room which should be helpful with heat and gets them and their cords out of my way :omgawesome:

i'll know on tuesday whether we're pushing ahead with adding the flowering room.  i've been twiddling around and it looks like i'll be able to frame out the new room with 12x18ft of floor space.  in there we'll shoehorn in 4 ebb and flow tables (4x8) with 8x 1000w HPS.  my plan is to run either a single 30,000 btu mini split, or two 18,000 btu units.  the hot sides of those will go up on the roof so we wont have any fans in the picture except the ones to cool the lights.  probably going to go with a can-max 12" for each set of 4 lights, and blow outdoor air through them.  researching what to do about nutes.  i figure i need to make sure i dial everything in as perfectly as possible when we're going to have 8 lights going.  good thing is that even with my current electrical issues (only able to pull 240v off our 3-phase service) we can very very easily run a subpanel that will handle all the lights and the mini split(s) - that leaves just oscillating fans, a couple can-fans, and water pumps on the 120v lines that are on our other meter. 

DOIN THANGS :feelsgoodman:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#567992 - 06/28/11 04:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

workin workin workin.

crossing my fingers to have the influx of cash on thursday.  if that happens, its going to be a hydro equipment shopping spree to get everything together for the new flowering room.  real excited for that.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#569082 - 07/02/11 04:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

welp cash didnt come in as good as expected, so flowering room is not going to move forward as fast.  'sok, we'll get there.

moms are taking off very nicely.  as soon as i'm off the computer i'll be filling aero 1, for a total of ~65 cuttings in aero.  need to bring aero 2 up online so we can stuff it, and i think that with the mothers how they sit currently we should have no problem filling all 75 sites in aero 2 today. 

querkles are doing well, and the ones in 1-gallon pots should be ready to give some cuttings soon.  getting excited for flowering a table of that.

i've been talking to my partner about popping some beans now so that we can run some stuff from original breeder stock.  we're lucky to have all the california clone-only things out here, but i have not seen much in the way of the good dutch stuff.  i'm open to what suggestions yall might have on those - right now i was thinking a pack each of mr. nice super silver haze and mr. nice critical mass.  the critical mass is moreso for our use in the flower room, but i'm sure that some of the larger operations around here might like it too.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#569196 - 07/03/11 05:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

aero 2 is running and as of right now both aero 1 and 2 are 100% filled with cuts!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#569995 - 07/05/11 11:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

aero 3 is built - 157 sites :coaster:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #570061 - 07/06/11 10:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Send me a few clones I need some decent genetics I'm tired of working with bagseed.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate