Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Muggles]
    #575758 - 07/31/11 04:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

one of the clones i've been letting get bigger, doing nicely in its new 3 gallon home.

my other hindu kush mother that i didn't put in a trashcan, just re-did all the LST

i like em thick

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: yellownotepad]
    #577878 - 08/12/11 06:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

overdue for an update:

have been sending clones out of the shop and our 1 gallons in coco have been VERY well received by patients.  we are 100% out right now and have people waiting on us to have more ready.  really nice having people stoked on my work.

the trash can plants and the couple we threw into 20 gallon smart pots are doing GREAT.  they are absolutely massive.  i was looking earlier and if i tie down the new growth on my big hindu kush (in 32gal of coco) it would be easily 6-8ft wide.  i'm really liking the 1k bare bulb so far, and definitely considering using them more.  im thinking about trying out putting a tomato cage in the middle of one of the bigger trees so i can train the plant into a hollow cylinder.  this would allow me to throw a barebulb into the center of the plant itself - and still light it from outside as well!

almost done building my new aero cloner setup.  it's a 4x4 botanicare tray with a sprayer manifold that connects up to standard ebb and flow fittings.  the manifold lays on the grooves in the table to stay in place but sits up enough to still allow proper drainage.  got a tray lid with no holes cut, which will be getting puck holes cut out of it asap.  by my math i should end up with about 290 sites in this cloner!  i'll be running the sprayers with a 750gph mag drive pump that will sit in a 40g res of straight RO.  my 167 site storage tote cloner (the first mag drive powered one i built) has consistently been giving MUCH MUCH thicker roots and so i'm pretty much sold on never using non-mag pumps on cloners at this point.  the old ones that used eco 396 pumps worked okay, but there is just no comparison to the root growth on these newer cloners.

the flower rooms are still proceeding, but a bit different than planned.  due to slightly slowed down cash flow, we're doing more cloning for patients before we go to flower our own stuff.  what would have been flower 1 is now going to be veg 3 (veg 1 is the original 9x12 veg room, veg 2 is the temporary setup with 2kw of HPS).  veg 3 will start out with 4kw of HPS over 4x4 ebb and flow systems and our trash can trees, plus it will be home to the new 4x4 cloner. 

wiring has been getting fun and we're finally starting to get things nailed down with our 3 phase service.  we ran two 6awg hots and an 8awg ground in EMT from our mains out to veg 3.  that terminates at a 60 amp subpanel that will be 240v only - powering 6kw of HPS and the 24k btu mini split.  running all that conduit was a bit trying at first but we got things figured out and its all set now.  the subpanel will send 8 runs of 14/2 romex up to a board on the ceiling.  the ceiling board (we call it the scorpion) will have 6 240v outlets for the ballasts, and a junction for the mini split's power cords to tie into.  the ballasts are set up with two 1kw hps per breaker, and with the mini split on its own breakers.  put a 60 amp fused disconnect back at the mains for this line, so the whole thing is built above code, and protected in just about every way possible. 

i'm sketching out ideas on what to do for improving and modularizing our electrical stuff.  my current idea is to run 6/2 romex from our mains out to a master box for each room.  we'll probably run that through some flexible aluminum conduit because i'm way over dealing with EMT again.  6/2 copper is good for 55 amps, but i'll probably breaker the master box at 50 just to be safe.  since our 3-phase is funky and cant be split into 120v single phase straight up, i'm looking at using 240->120v transformers from mcmaster.  this will allow me to run just the 6/2 romex out to the room, and then the transformer can give me 120v power to run the inline fans (scrubber, air cooling fans for the lights), water pumps, oscillating fans, etc.  the master box can have a cord with a range type plug (the 50a nema ones you use fo an electric stove/oven) and the main run can terminate into that.  it will keep our setup simple and allow the installations to be really nice and simple.  using this idea, i can have power run out to each new room pretty quick, and then just run a separate block of power for all of the mini splits. 

the reason for all the electrical work is twofold.  first, we know we're putting up flower 2 shortly, and it will need this stuff.  we also are looking at setting up yet another room that was already built, so thats another panel.  on top of that we are discussing the idea of getting a second warehouse to run flower only, and if it is similarly sized to the one we have now, i can easily see running 4 flower rooms @ 6kw of light each - so thats 4 more sets of the same electrical work.  being able to build a bunch of the same unit and have it almost plug and play will be crucial in being able to get another location up and running in much less time than we've spent stumbling our way through the current buildout.  we've streamlined our framing and drywall work and the last room build took a mere 7 hours to get framing and drywall in place (still need to mud and paint it though). 

fringe benefit that has been popping up lately: lots of really good looking girls.  budtender girls are the coolest, and running around to some other collectives to provide them with clones has meant hanging out in the back with cute 20-something girls who work in a medical marijuana dispensary.  could you ask for more? 

no pictures for now, but ill dump some up here soon.

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #577879 - 08/12/11 06:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

holy essay much lol.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Pernicious]
    #577884 - 08/12/11 06:59 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

well if you compare it to normal closet grow threads, i think that on a words-per-watt basis im doing pretty good!

also just remembered - i've got an experiment in mind that i will hopefully do in the next week.  im borrowing a 2x2 grow tent from a friend and we have a bunch of clones that got really tall in beer cups and i didnt want to sell them (too close to teh size of our 1 gallon stuff). i want to try and build a mini-colosseum.  im thinking to make ring shaped flood trays using rain gutter.  we've got a spare 400w light that i've got sitting over my blueberry mother right now (its going under a 1kw light as soon as the new room is turned on).  i've got that 5000btu window ac i grabbed a while ago so i might figure out how to use that with the tent, btu if not we've got a handful of 4 and 6 inch inline fans plus a smaller carbon scrubber thats just been kicking around anyway.  im still figuring out how exactly to handle the irrigation stuff but the environment itself is more or less laying around when i am ready to do that.

edit to illustrate my point: we've got 5200w of veg up right now, and are going to be roughly doubling that in the next few days with just veg rooms, and ending up with 17-18kw between veg and flower very soon when the next room or two are going.  i know there are lots and lots of people doing far bigger and crazier things, but it sure seems big to me right now.

Edited by yellownotepad (08/12/11 07:01 AM)

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#577902 - 08/12/11 10:14 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

thats crazy dude. i wish i had the kind of funding/laws that would allow for a set up like that.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578055 - 08/13/11 07:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

veg 3 subpanel wiring and disconnect are all hooked up to the mains.  outlet board is all wired and ready to be mounted/hooked up to the subpanel.  should have that done tomorrow so veg 3 will have lights. 

cut the coolant lines / power / control holes in the roof and mounted/sealed the flanges for those.  turns out our mini split is not the precharged lines type, so i've got to sort out either getting an HVAC tech out to the shop or i need to go buy a vacuum pump and appropriate gauges for R-410A refrigerant.  fucking HVAC. 

picked up supplies to build my prototype master control box.  built the first timed accessory module - 7 day 24 hour digital timer and 6 outlets in a 4 gang box.  it looks slick as all fuck.  breaker setup for it right now will be 2 x 15A for the 6 1kw HPS, 1 x 15A for accessory equip.  the accessory modules will be two of my 6 outlet timed units (one for irrigation pumps and one for timed fans) and two 2 gang boxes that will have a total of 6 non-timed outlets that will have a regular switch on them.  still deciding on what to do for the timer for the lights themselves.  i almost was going to buy a heavy duty mechanical timer but i think i can do better.  i may just use another one of the digital timers and have it trip relay(s).  still need to investigate my options for timing 30A worth of 240V. 

tried to go pick up a spool of 6/2 romex but home depot only had it on special order.  did get a look at similar cables and im stoked to see they are very heavily insulated.  should be no problem running that without needing aluminum flex conduit.

need to sit down and figure out which transformers to buy for the 240V-->120V step down setup.  given that im putting in a 15A breaker for those lines im thinking a 2000 VA unit should be more than sufficient. 

picked up the stuff for dealing with closed circuit air cooling for veg 3.  got a 12" turbine vent for exhaust, and two T-hats for intake.  my plan is to disable the turbine so that it holds still and will not appear to be spinning super fast 24/7.  talking about building some sort of plenum box for those so that we can just directly hook up three 8" ducts.  that will allow me to run 8" ducting to our can fan RS8HOs.  we've got 3 of those so that each bank of two lights will have one 8" fan cooling it.  if i go barebulb then idk wtf i will do, but for now we'll at least be geared up for air cooling everything. 

thats all for now, gotta get to sleep for the next 3 hours before its time to get back to work.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #578059 - 08/13/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Shits slick man nice work so far I wish I could do it here but for now I have to stick to others, including my own, sucks. :frown:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: mhbound]
    #578676 - 08/16/11 02:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

been awake for the last 37 hours.  finished building the newest aero cloner - 288 sites in a 4x4.  problem right now though is it has so many sprayers i had to run two 750gph mag drive pumps to get even half decent spray.  that much water wont drain fast enough out of one drain.  going to have to try two drains and see if i can get the tray to stop flooding over the sprayer manifold....

got the mini split all dealt with.  picked up proper equipment to evacuate teh lines etc and although i shat brix while doing the job for the first time, i know i can now do it just fine over and over.  damn mini split blows so fucking cold i had to turn it off while i was in the room working earlier because i was freezing balls.  its also dead quiet both indoors and out.  really stoked on the whole deal.

going to call it a night and sort out the drainage issues with the cloner tomorrow so i can fill it with cuts.  unfortunately the ~25 hindu kush cuts i already took will have to go to the great garden in the sky.  luckily the trash can mothers have taken off.  i'm 99% sure i can fill the whole 288 site in one go right now.

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Loc: My Cave
    #578707 - 08/16/11 08:17 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Pretty cool man. I enjoy following your work. Keep it up!:bow2:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578784 - 08/16/11 04:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

one of the 4 gang modules i'm putting together - 6x 110v plugs all on a timer.  should integrate into things very very cleanly.

hindu kush getting bigger in its 32 gallon trashcan

we have a lot of aero cloner pucks

the new 288 site cloner is pretty tits.  as far as i know you cant buy anything as big as this unit.  took for fucking ever to drill all those damn holes though.

took a photo so you can see how the internals are laid out

this was easily the most tedious thing i have done so far in this place. 

Edited by yellownotepad (08/16/11 04:53 PM)

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #578796 - 08/16/11 05:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That cloner is fucking awesome, man!!

I was wondering though... I had thought you were a legal garden? How can you have such insane numbers of clones and stay in legal standing? I had thought that there aren't any states that allow over 100 plants...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Tank333]
    #578815 - 08/16/11 06:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

california's plant count limits are per-patient (some counties have other rules) so as we are part of a pretty big collective and propagating / flowering for a large chunk of them, we're a long ways from our current plant limit. we are handling about 200 of our collective's patients which puts our limit at about 1200.  obviously the federal government would have a whole different opinion on the matter, but let's just hope we dont have to cross that bridge.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#578823 - 08/16/11 06:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ah, okay... up here in Washington its still pretty fuckin' grey, since Gregior did that partial veto bullshit this last year. So now there's a set plant limit for "collective gardens" at 45, but there's nothing saying how many collectives can be in one building. What the fuck good does setting a collective garden limit do if you don't have ANY other guidelines to go by?? Lol

We're gonna be going with 2 gardens of 45 and one of 9, all seperated by some light netting to distinguish individual gardens... we don't really want to go over 100 until there's at the very least some state legislation saying I can have more clones at the very least. Don't Colorado's laws say that a clone in a 2" or smaller rockwool cube doesn't count against your plant limit? This is something I've heard but not done the research to confirm... :getstoned:

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578832 - 08/16/11 07:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Ah, okay... up here in Washington its still pretty fuckin' grey, since Gregior did that partial veto bullshit this last year. So now there's a set plant limit for "collective gardens" at 45, but there's nothing saying how many collectives can be in one building. What the fuck good does setting a collective garden limit do if you don't have ANY other guidelines to go by?? Lol

We're gonna be going with 2 gardens of 45 and one of 9, all seperated by some light netting to distinguish individual gardens... we don't really want to go over 100 until there's at the very least some state legislation saying I can have more clones at the very least. Don't Colorado's laws say that a clone in a 2" or smaller rockwool cube doesn't count against your plant limit? This is something I've heard but not done the research to confirm... :getstoned:

thats very interesting to hear.  i've always figured that they would consider it a plant as soon as the first root nubs poke out of the stem.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#578836 - 08/16/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, I would think so too, honestly...

--------------------
My best run so far

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#578922 - 08/17/11 06:19 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

been spraying, pruning, transplanting, and taking cuttings.  long long long long day! 

in the new cloner now: 38 hindu kush, 32 dj's blueberry, 33 chocolate sour diesel, and 44 querkle.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: ynp's whorehouse [Re: Captain Caveman]
    #578923 - 08/17/11 06:20 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Captain Caveman said:
Pretty cool man. I enjoy following your work. Keep it up!:bow2:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#578956 - 08/17/11 09:51 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

thats a retarded aero cloner dude.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#579041 - 08/17/11 03:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Pernicious said:
thats a retarded aero cloner dude.

:confused:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

#579050 - 08/17/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

lol i meant it in a good way :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag