Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: Need some serious marital advice [Re: Hendershot]
    #560139 - 05/31/11 09:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hendershot said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Don't be an asshole, asshole. If you wife loves smoking but she's quitting for the baby, then you should be a supportive, loving husband and quit also. Not because it interferes, not because it's illegal, but because being pregnant fucking sucks and she's going to need all the emotional support she can get from you. Tell her you'll quit for 9 months while she's baking the little cake, but you won't quit forever. And then tell her to move your family to somewhere where it's not so illegal.

Wow.. asshole?
First, she doesn't love smoking. She's an occasional smoker. Second, she gets plenty of support from me; I dote on this woman. I love her very much and show her daily. In fact, I love her so much, that if the situation were reversed I wouldn't make her quit something she loved just because I couldn't do it. That's pretty fucking selfish imo..
Aand lastly... When she's further along, who do you think will be doing ALL the housework, yardwork, shopping, EVERYTHING? Me. I'm not bitching about it; it's my job, we're a team, that's my part and I'm happy to do it. We both have different parts to play and it should be give and take. Everything can't be equal for each of us.

I was doing the tough love thing, but good answer :thumbup:

Honestly, I think she's just worried about the legality, see if she'd be willing to relocate somewhere where it's legal. Come to Colorado and your kid can grow up an outdoorsy badass like me.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSteve Buscemi

#560141 - 05/31/11 10:00 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

DSHSB..........duh.

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Need some serious marital advice [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #560148 - 05/31/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
DSHSB..........duh.

Steve, the thread said SERIOUS advice.

I'll use lube.:drysmash:

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #560161 - 05/31/11 11:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Honestly man, I would just be upfront, and tell her you're not gonna quit unless you get caught. In the 30+ years you've been smoking and growing you've never once been caught?? Take that to mean that you're careful enough to keep from getting in trouble.

Honestly, if she can't see the logic there, then she's really not being rational and I can't help ya after that...:shrug: well, she's already not being rational, imo, but sometimes if you present the situation logically, they'll see the light... this is why I'm glad my girl's a patient just like me! Lol.

Move to a legal state, bro. Then you can grow outdoors or inside without worries of arrest and jail-time!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: Need some serious marital advice [Re: Tank333] * 1
    #560254 - 05/31/11 01:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Harry Nut sack had it right I think. I believe her concern ia the legality and possibility of getting caught and maybe loosing the baby because of it. Child protective services could be involved if ever u get raided. Or even maybe just the thought of you being arrested and going to jail and not being there for her because of it? Woman go through some wild changes during pregnancy, mentally and physically. Not sure how to handle it though? Maybe just inform her that you will keep it long away from her and the house? That worked for me, but who knows. :shrug:

Congratulations on having a baby btw!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Need some serious marital advice [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #561493 - 06/03/11 07:22 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well, we worked it out... I'm gonna pretend I quit, and she's gonna pretend not to notice when I come back in the house all chink eyed and cheezin..

I think the argument the other day can be more attributed to hormones than anything, I just can't say that to HER. :rofl2:

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and congratulations.
Maybe I'll start a baby grow log. NOT!!

--------------------

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#561494 - 06/03/11 07:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Oh yeah, I also agreed that this will be my last grow. At least for awhile, until the perfect set of circumstances presents itself...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds