Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
video on cannabinoids and curing cancer
    #549867 - 04/23/11 07:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I found this on you tube. It is a study of cancer and how cannabinoids have been found to make cancer cells self destruct. There is a small segment at tale end of video showing treated and untreated cells, be sure not to miss this part.

I did a quick search here at the growery and didn't find any post on this yet. I do not know the true source other then youtube.

What do you think about this? I can believe it and have felt this is also the main reason behind prohibition! Population control my friends. If they cured cancer this would mean we would die natually living way past 80 years old or more, and our population would be over burdened much more then it already is. This is already the case with all our natural resources as it is.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: video on cannabinoids and curing cancer [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #549891 - 04/23/11 08:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Most of the research I've found involves the inhibition of cancer cells, not their destruction.  Of course anything is possible.  I think population control is the least of our worries, you'll find when a nation reaches a higher GNP that an effect of this is people having and desiring to have less children.  Sure we're living longer, but we also are desiring more commonly two children at the most and in most post-industrial nations their population has leveled off and is not significantly rising.

As far as age, well our life expectancy has dramatically increased, due to antibiotics primarily. I doubt marijuana has had any effect on this, if any it's inversely related as life expectancy has increased since prohibition.

Cancer in itself is typically diagnosed at later stages in life, I believe it to be a natural part of aging.  As we have raised life expectancy, so too are we seeing increases in the number of cases of cancer.  Of course some cancer is not natural and there exists many ways to increases ones risk for the development of cancer however there are plenty of natural sources for carcinogens and radiation linked to cancer as well.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (04/23/11 08:18 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: video on cannabinoids and curing cancer [Re: THEBats]
    #550135 - 04/24/11 02:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I find it interesting that or country can legalize 2 of the most deadly drugs out there(alcohol and nicotine) but refuse to allow us to use, experiment, or study cannabis. I mean it is becoming more common but still a huge lack in knowledge behind cannabis. I am proactive in the cancer/cannabis scene  here on the island and have seen alot of first hand incidents of patients being treated with cannabinoids and having a complete turn around or at least an extended life. Of course like you said it depends on when it got caught and diagnosed. But even then,  I have seen a few people who had a life expectancy of a few months live for years! I have one friend who had lukemia and was givin 6 months to live. She became very proactive with cannabis and used it in mostly edibles. It helped her thru the chemo effects and 7 years later she is in remission. 7 years, she has treated herself with edible cannabis. She quit her chemo and went to a doctor on oahu who has helped here along the way.

Cancer is one of many things that keep the population in check. The 2 drugs I mentioned earlier are directly opposite of cannabis. With well known dangers. Most of us has had at least one family member or friend taken by the use of these 2 things. Either by lung cancers or car crashes. I do not know a single person who has perished from using cannabis! Actually I have seen the opposite. People benefit from it IMO

--------------------

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Re: video on cannabinoids and curing cancer [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #550142 - 04/24/11 02:25 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

For more information on cannabis and cancer, I would look into the research of Manuel Guzman.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Re: video on cannabinoids and curing cancer [Re: budnectar]
    #550149 - 04/24/11 02:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for sharing that!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules