Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Are You Cannabis Deficient?
    #381808 - 03/11/10 10:41 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

http://health.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/03/10/are-you-cannabis-deficient/

On Fox News Too :lol:

:happyweed:

If the idea of having a marijuana deficiency sounds laughable to you, a growing body of science points at exactly such a possibility. Scientists have known that the active psychoactive compound in marijuana is THC, which is short for tetrahydrocannabinol.

In August 1990, researchers reported in the journal Nature the discovery of receptors in the brain that specifically accommodate the cannabinoids in pot. Cannabinoids bind to particular neurological sites in the brain, as though the brain was specifically designed to utilize this plant. Did nature toss cannabinoid receptors into the brain by random chance? Are cannabinoid receptors part of an intelligent design for deriving maximum benefit from cannabis? Is cannabis a divine elixir of sacred communion for which we are ideally suited? Actually, a more sober answer seems likely. When there are receptors in the brain for a particular type of compound, that compound is made in the brain. This is true of many important agents that work to transmit brain messages of all types. So a hunt began to find such a compound.

In that vein, in 1992 researchers in Israel isolated the cannabinoid anandamide in the human brain. Unlike THC, anandamide is manufactured in the brain, and is therefore an endogenous cannabinoid. This agent, anandamide, is the compound that attaches to the built-in cannabinoid receptors in our brains. The name anandamide is based on the Sanskrit word ananda, which means bliss. Anandamide is a bliss molcule, enhancing greater well being and emotional satisfaction.

Ever since the pioneering work of Dr.  William O’Shaughnessy on cannabis and pain compiled in the 1840’s a growing body of science has shown that cannabis offers relief for various types of pain. In the brain, the endogenous agent anandamide also plays a role in mitigating inflammation and pain. So both cannabinoids from inside and outside the body play a role in pain reduction. More recent studies show pain relief among sufferers of multiple sclerosis when cannabis is consumed.

Anandamide also plays a role in proper appetite, feelings of pleasure and well-being, and memory. Interestingly, cannabis also affects these same functions. Cannabis has been used successfully to treat migraine, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome and glaucoma. So here is the seventy-four thousand dollar question. Does cannabis simply relieve these diseases to varying degrees, or is cannabis actually a medical replacement in cases of deficient anandamide?

At least one author, medical doctor Ethan Russo, believes in the possibility of endocanabinoid deficiency, and suggests that such a deficiency might actually be a significant cause of the types of health problems listed above. His paper “Clinical Cannabinoid Deficiency,” published in Neuroendocrinology Letters in 2004, delved deeply into the various ways that cannabinoids function in the body, and how a deficiency in cannabinoids can lead to a broad range of diseases. Since the publication of that paper, a number of studies have further confirmed the effectiveness of cannabis for many health disorders.

The idea of clinical cannabinoid deficiency opens the door to cannabis consumption as an effective medical approach to relief of various types of pain, restoration of appetite in cases in which appetite is compromised, improved visual health in cases of glaucoma, and improved sense of well being among patients suffering from a broad variety of mood disorders. As state and local laws mutate and change in favor of greater tolerance, perhaps cannabis will find it’s proper place in the home medicine chest.

Chris Kilham is a medicine hunter who researches natural remedies all over the world, from the Amazon to Siberia. He teaches ethnobotany courses at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, where he is Explorer In Residence. Chris advises herbal, cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies and is a regular guest on radio and TV programs worldwide.  His field research is largely sponsored by Naturex of Avignon, France. Read more at www.MedicineHunter.com

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Are You Cannabis Deficient? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #381816 - 03/11/10 10:51 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Oooh! Ooh! I think I have that! :lol:

I'm gonna go tell my doctor.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Are You Cannabis Deficient? [Re: RasJeph]
    #381830 - 03/11/10 11:07 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

I need nothing more to support my love for cannabis...In the courtroom...On the streets...In the bedroom...

I will simply point you in the direction of this article.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineTheCrunchyBisquit
Baked to a Crisp

Loc: In The Garden Of Eden
Re: Are You Cannabis Deficient? [Re: mhbound]
    #381959 - 03/11/10 02:13 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Holy fuck! I agreed with Fox News!?! If it wasn't for the fucktards they hire (Beck. O'Reily.) I'd watch it...

Think you can get a 215 card for this "deficiency"?

--------------------
:salmon: I hate my sig :salmon:

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Are You Cannabis Deficient? [Re: TheCrunchyBisquit]
    #381964 - 03/11/10 02:18 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

nice find.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Are You Cannabis Deficient? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #381966 - 03/11/10 02:19 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

im sure you can get a card with it as long as youre friends with your doctor you can pretty much get it for any reason

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#381969 - 03/11/10 02:27 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

i just reupped...im no longer deficient....how you guys doin?

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#382027 - 03/11/10 04:06 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Im currently in a state of cannabis defficiency but that should change pretty soon, I just dont like driving in the rain or driving in rush hour, and currently it is both

--------------------
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#382033 - 03/11/10 04:18 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

When this baby gets a few months older there could be some discussion on whether or not this is the dankest weed ever :awehigh:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#382036 - 03/11/10 04:30 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Dankest weed ever ? possibly

she does have a nice bow tie however

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#382038 - 03/11/10 04:32 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Yea considering where this bitch came from im pretty happy with her so far

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #382043 - 03/11/10 04:39 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

What makes you think that will be the dankest weed ever? she looks pretty sad right now...

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Are You Cannabis Deficient? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #382045 - 03/11/10 04:40 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

lol she is very sad right now but shes coming back around you should have seen her a few days ago i got scared for a minute

thats what i get for not being prepared...the dankest weed ever statement is in hopes of her continuing her turn for the better

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#382046 - 03/11/10 04:42 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

give me a few days to repot it and feed it i think it should darken up because you can see the fan leaves i finally cut off how dark they are shes slowly turning back around

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale