Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineColleron420
New Grower
Male

Co2 System. Need some tips hints what ever you got
    #558884 - 05/27/11 05:45 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So i work at a 7-11. 6am-3pm 6 days a week and every 1 need there Cafine fix in the am be for they go to work. getting to Know some of the Norms that come in every day i meet a guy Who Sells Co2 Systems To bars and Foods places shit like that so he shows up in the store today after getting to know him we traded some buds and stuff...with a 20pound Co2 Tank PIC: .........................................................................................................................................

Whats my next step if you look at my journal i was going to use a Co2 Boost Bucket Link: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/555534 But With this Gift Any 1 Know a good site For the Hook up i would need Thanks in advance!

--------------------

Edited by Colleron420 (05/27/11 05:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Co2 System. Need some tips hints what ever you got [Re: Colleron420]
    #558904 - 05/27/11 07:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I didn't read your journal but it looks like you only have one plant, and it's an auto right? So why the need for c02? I imagine the controllers and shit are going to be pretty pricey, I've never worried about supplementing c02 honestly.

OfflineColleron420
New Grower
Male

Re: Co2 System. Need some tips hints what ever you got [Re: c99hunter]
    #558906 - 05/27/11 07:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

the tank was free not worryed about the cost upfront and if i ever want to go larger i will now have a tank and a Reg for what i will need. just dont want 2 get the Rong set up for the tank

From what i am seeing 100-300 for a reg Depending on the setup i want for it was just looking on some info from any 1 who has used a Tank such as this 1 for a grow Big or small?
thanks Colleron

--------------------

Edited by Colleron420 (05/27/11 07:16 PM)

OfflineColleron420
New Grower
Male

#559182 - 05/29/11 05:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So Been doing some lookin and came up with this
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=702555
what do you all think ?

--------------------

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #559186 - 05/29/11 07:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What about a controller? Or are you just planning on turning it on manually or with a timer and just shooting for the correct amount each time?

OfflineColleron420
New Grower
Male

#559187 - 05/29/11 07:36 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

as you had pointed out befor its only 1 plant in a small tent 3ft by 3ft by 5 1/2...was thinking i was just going to hit it with a shot of c02 when i get home from work every day ..i cant see it taking all that long to fill a space of that size

--------------------

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #559195 - 05/29/11 08:26 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well, if your gonna do it that way for the time being, I wouldn't even spend the money on a regulator to be honest. Just hook a hose up to it and turn it on slightly and spray it in the cab. When I first started up with my first grow I did the same thing, except I just had the hose hooked up to the tank and the hose ran through the cab above the plants with holes in the hose to expel the gas.

I would just turn off all ventilation and turn it on for a little bit. I did it in the night cycle as well. I'm all for saving money on things and I just honestly don't see a need for a c02 tank in such a small grow area as mine, or yours. If I had a much larger operation I could see how spending the bucks on a controller etc etc could be beneficial. Im not trying to talk you out of anything, just trying to help ya save money :thumbup: But if your not a broke ass joke like me then go for it! :p

Invisiblestarrider

#561696 - 06/03/11 09:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You need took a little further into why the plant needs CO2 to survive. The plant can only absorb C02 during the dark period of the plants life. When the lights are on it's useless. It's best to flood the growing chamber while the fans are off so the plant can absorb the C02. It still blows my mind that people don't bother to read about growing. It's not that hard, there are plenty of books and there is this web site. Basically you can find anything there is about growing and how to do it.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Co2 System. Need some tips hints what ever you got [Re: starrider]
    #561710 - 06/03/11 10:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

starrider said:
You need took a little further into why the plant needs CO2 to survive. The plant can only absorb C02 during the dark period of the plants life. When the lights are on it's useless. It's best to flood the growing chamber while the fans are off so the plant can absorb the C02. It still blows my mind that people don't bother to read about growing. It's not that hard, there are plenty of books and there is this web site. Basically you can find anything there is about growing and how to do it.

:ilold:
"Photosynthesis (English pronunciation: /foʊtoʊˈsɪnθəsɪs/; from the Greek φώτο- [photo-], "light," and σύνθεσις [synthesis], "putting together", "composition") is a chemical process that converts carbon dioxide into organic compounds, especially sugars, using the energy from sunlight"

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

Re: Co2 System. Need some tips hints what ever you got [Re: Stoneth]
    #561766 - 06/04/11 03:49 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

first off co2 only is used in the light period never in the dark. second co2 is like herion for people once you use it you always need it and if you stop giving your plants co2 they will go into a withdraw like state and die. third unless you have a big setup and are trying to make a living from it co2 is pointless for the hobbiest. there is alot to using co2 you need 1500ppm of co2, to get that correct you need a meter, and solinoid, your grow space must be somewhat air tight or the co2 will fall to the floor and disapate, your plants will and can recieve a higher dose of nutrients which costs more and if your conditions are good to start with there is not that much difference in overall wieght compard to the cost of everything you've been spending. I have tried the co2 boost it does work but not enough for me to buy another for that price and I know the guy who invented it and I got it for free, so what does that tell you. Take your co2 bottle and buy a kegerator its a better use for the co2. be careful when you just squirt the co2 in your area remember we don't breathe co2 we need oxygen to live if you squirt to much you can pass out from oxygen depravation and fall into a layer of co2 and die. use caution be careful and good luck.

OfflineColleron420
New Grower
Male

Re: Co2 System. Need some tips hints what ever you got [Re: grbrlt]
    #561783 - 06/04/11 08:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

1's More thats y i love this site you all have been a grate Help

--------------------

Invisiblestarrider

Re: Co2 System. Need some tips hints what ever you got [Re: grbrlt]
    #564881 - 06/16/11 03:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

grbrlt said:
first off co2 only is used in the light period never in the dark. second co2 is like herion for people once you use it you always need it and if you stop giving your plants co2 they will go into a withdraw like state and die. third unless you have a big setup and are trying to make a living from it co2 is pointless for the hobbiest. there is alot to using co2 you need 1500ppm of co2, to get that correct you need a meter, and solinoid, your grow space must be somewhat air tight or the co2 will fall to the floor and disapate, your plants will and can recieve a higher dose of nutrients which costs more and if your conditions are good to start with there is not that much difference in overall wieght compard to the cost of everything you've been spending. I have tried the co2 boost it does work but not enough for me to buy another for that price and I know the guy who invented it and I got it for free, so what does that tell you. Take your co2 bottle and buy a kegerator its a better use for the co2. be careful when you just squirt the co2 in your area remember we don't breathe co2 we need oxygen to live if you squirt to much you can pass out from oxygen depravation and fall into a layer of co2 and die. use caution be careful and good luck.

After reviewing my information, I stand corrected. I'm not sure where I read it or if I got something mixed up. Sorry...

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

OfflineColleron420
New Grower
Male

Re: Co2 System. Need some tips hints what ever you got [Re: starrider]
    #564904 - 06/16/11 04:51 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

its all good man
i have been cracking the tank for a min min and a hafe every 3 or 4 days probly just wasting the co2 but it was free so w/e lol have 32 days left of the 65day grow the seed bank said it would take from seed to harvest ..and she has started to flower ..Its Magic Time

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale