Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

How much?
    #557618 - 05/23/11 08:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hey so my gf got me this book called "The Cannabis Cookbook - Jim Pilcher"

in it has a table showing the amount of bud per someones weight.

Under 126lbs use 1/4-1/3Teasoon and 126-182lbs use 1/2-2/3teasoon

is that enough for someone in those weight ranges? To me that seems i wouldn't feel a thing?

--------------------
I am a legal patient in Washington. Everything i do and say on here is for personal gain.

- We live in a free country as long as you can follow the governments laws...-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: How much? [Re: chowdan]
    #557846 - 05/24/11 07:18 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

There are huge variables in that if you are talking about "budder" the main one being, how potent the weed was and how much you used to make the budder.

Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How much? [Re: c99hunter]
    #558116 - 05/25/11 07:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

hmm alright. Im worried that ill make it with that much and when time comes to eat ill find out that it wasn't enough to affect me. I sure hope not!

--------------------
I am a legal patient in Washington. Everything i do and say on here is for personal gain.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #558154 - 05/25/11 10:17 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

How are you making the budder and what's the quality of the cannabis,hash,oil, or whatever it is that you are using? What ratio of cannabis to butter are you using? I have always used coconut oil instead of butter, not only is it better for you but it's better at extracting the goods! :thumbup: And you can use it in place of budder in almost any recipe :smile:

Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

#558236 - 05/25/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'll have to look at the portioning but it's based off per meal(I think). As for coconut oil as a replacement I wouldn't really say it's healthier. Coconut is actually a very fatty fruit/nut. Although know one knows if it is unhealthy or healthy. I was raised in Fiji and the locals live a very high coconut diet along with some other naturally grown plants the average life of a Fijian can be anywhere from low 40's to mid 50-60.

There hasn't been enough research to say it is a healthy supplement. I also am not fond of the flavor of coconut. I wil say I think coconut helps the immune system.

--------------------

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #558238 - 05/25/11 01:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I completely and respectfully disagree that coconut oil is not healthier then butter or any other oil for that matter, and there is actually plenty of research to back it up as well.

Check this out

That's just one example but there are a shit ton more of them.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #558239 - 05/25/11 01:56 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, and I can't taste coconut in coconut oil, it just taste like a bland oil.
It's the same exact thing they did with cannabis, just with coconut oil being the victim and big corn and soy bean companies instead of rope etc etc.

Quote:

So why has coconut oil gotten such a bad rap in the recent past?  After all, much of the research supporting coconut oil as a healthy fat has been around for some time.  The answer is politics and economics.  Coconut oil was heavily used in the U.S. at one time, being used for baking, pastries, frying, and theater popcorn.  But starting in the 1980s, some very powerful groups in the U.S. including the American Soybean Association (ASA), the Corn Products Company (CPC International), and the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) began to categorically condemn all saturated oils.  Faulty science was used to convince the public that ALL saturated fats were unhealthy, when in fact saturated fats rich in the medium-chain fatty acids like lauric acid are very healthy.

These organizations were are aided by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), many of whose key personnel are recruited from and return to the vegetable oil industry.  The result was that most people switched to vegetable oils, and the main source of lauric acid from tropical oils in the American diet was lost.  The countries that these tropical oils came from, mainly the Philippines and Malaysia, were too poor to counter these untrue claims with advertising investments for the truth.  It is only recently that the health benefits of these tropical oils are starting to become rediscovered.

Edited by c99hunter (05/26/11 07:24 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules