Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil
    #499935 - 11/21/10 04:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Removed

Edited by Paleo Edibles (05/03/12 02:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: Paleo Edibles]
    #499937 - 11/21/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

removed

Edited by Paleo Edibles (05/03/12 02:29 PM)

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #499938 - 11/21/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

removed

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #499939 - 11/21/10 04:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

removed

Edited by Paleo Edibles (05/03/12 02:28 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #500019 - 11/21/10 11:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the write up, IMO its not necessary to decarboxylate prior to cooking with cannabis if you just have the patience to actually make the oil or butter. 
Heat is what decarboxylates your bud, so if you just make regular old cannabutter or infused olive oil (which btw is WAY more healthy than your artery-murdering lard) you can use them directly in your cooking without any additional work. 
I make large batches of canna-olive oil that last for months, and olive oil can be used to saute, brush, dip, etc.
Additionally, the olive oil takes maybe 20 minutes from start to finish, so its just as time-efficient as your lard. :grin:
Check it out: Olive oil!
Same thing goes for butter (still healthier than lard).  Take a few hours to make a pound of canna-butter, no need to pre-decarboxylate b/c again, the heat does it for you as you infuse the butter, and then you have butter that you can use in whatever capacity you would normally employ it.
Finally, many people find that ingesting the plant material creates gastrointestinal distress, so the olive oil and butter both avoid this by extracting the fat-soluble psychoactive compounds and then allowing the user to strain out the plant material (which is texturally nasty in many sweet and savory foods).

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: 81renaissance]
    #500235 - 11/23/10 02:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Decarboxylation doesn't occur when the cannabis is submerged in a liquid.  The reason is that the fat is such an excellent lubrication that the carboxyl group is never lost.  It's the same reason why you can fry cannabis in fat until dark brown, and not lose any cannabinoids to heat or evaporation.

So, decarboxylate before you add to your oil/fat, peanut butter, or plain butter.

And lard, any unprocessed animal fat, ie saturated and monounsaturated fat, is the healthiest fat for you.  Butter is about the same monounsat/saturated/polyunsat ratio as lard.

Thanks for your reply though

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#500304 - 11/23/10 11:59 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Who said anything about it occuring when it was submerged in a liquid?
I said heat does the job...which it does.  Fat isn't a "lubrication", we use high fat products because THC is fat soluble.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #500411 - 11/23/10 08:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You have to decarboxylate before it's in the oil, because the oil prevents the decarboxylation.  fat does lubricate the cannabinoids, and thats why my method - if you read it - frys until the cannabis is dark brown.

So decarboxylation - in my and others experience - does not occur when already in a fat.  Thats why you either bake or heat your cannabis before it hits the lipid.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#500704 - 11/24/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

He was warning you, against submerging the greens in any fats.

I would tend to heed warnings.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #500782 - 11/25/10 09:26 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
He was warning you, against submerging the greens in any fats.

I would tend to heed warnings.

:laugh2: I don't think that's what he was doing. People every day do just that (making cannabutter and oil) and get a perfectly good recreational high.  Additionally he himself submerges the herb in fat (go read the part about LARD) after decarbing his cannabis. His method enhances and modifies the psychoactive compounds, but doesn't preclude the practice of standard edibles.:grin:

@ Paleo: since this post I've been looking into those methods, and for my wife (a medical user) there are some things in the pre-decarb that are very appealing not just in terms of potency, but in terms of medicinal compounds in the final product.
Finally, you won't find me using pork-fat like you do, but I do acknowledge that (while it does have more overall fat than butter by about 20 mg per serving) it has a lower saturated fat count; I can see the argument for using lard, I just can't justify the additional ten calories per mg.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #501092 - 11/27/10 12:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I only say decarboxylate before you put it into the oil, because when you heat the bud once its submerged, the THCA and CBDA extract safely into the oil, and dont get decarboxylated.  Thats why you gotta do it before hand.  Did you guys check out that "alleged" lab report on the bud before and after decarboxylation? It increase potency by like 43%.

I do it every day before I make this for myself.  Works like a charm every time.  Lard, butter and animal fat is the safest fat.  Monosaturated and saturated should be like 90% of our diet, the other 10 percent being PUFAs.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
    #501103 - 11/27/10 03:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I took a joint's worth of shake and nuked it for 1 min 45 sec, then rolled a joint with it. It definitely didn't hurt it. I'm definitely baked and I had ground all this crap into shake last week because it wasn't as strong as I'm used to, so I was going to save it for cooking. But yeah, def baked. Suppose it wouldn't hurt to experiment with 2 min, or double sessions to see what happens since you can do such a small amount at a time.

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #510934 - 01/04/11 12:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Bump. I'll be transfering all my information from my original posts into this site, and probably onto some others since this seems like a pretty inactive site. Until then, anyone from GrassCity or Growery who wants to email, contact or get into cahoots with me can email me at spacecowboyx@gmail.com

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/699226-how-paleos-potent-decarboxylated-cannabis-oil.html

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#511713 - 01/07/11 02:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

goddamn it, i'mve microwaving weed now for a while, on the odd occasion and it DOES work. (NOT saying it is the wonder spell for getting higher, though)

But I JUSSST burned a little nug in the mic after it was i nthere for less then 50 seconds.

I shouldn't have stepped away from it. :frown:

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

#523439 - 02/05/11 01:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I just wanted to add that if anyone attempts to use a microwave, the power can vary, so do be careful that you don't burn your stuff.

Hm, I remember seeing something on this topic years ago. I  tried a little "pre baking" in the oven before smoking, and I remember it seeming somewhat effective. However, that was my one experiment with this.

I have NEVER been able to get off by using an edible. And thus far my method has usually been to cook the ground bud directly in butter for a bit (and then often milk would be added... most of these experiments were more pharmacological in nature, than culinary). But I never got more than a mild buzz.

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: The Anointed One]
    #523964 - 02/06/11 03:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The Anointed One said:
I have NEVER been able to get off by using an edible. And thus far my method has usually been to cook the ground bud directly in butter for a bit (and then often milk would be added... most of these experiments were more pharmacological in nature, than culinary). But I never got more than a mild buzz.

Wow.  The very first time I ate cannabis I had heavy narcotic and psychedelic effects.  I combined 2 tablespoons of real butter in a small sauce pan with a gram of bud.  I cooked it for 2-3 minutes on good heat - but not frying it.  Then I dumped in a can of spaghetti-o pasta and cooked it another 5 minutes until really hot. 

I ate all of it and then went to movies with my girlfriend.  I was completely floored.  I recall it was a pretty gross horror flick and I almost puked a couple of times because it was fucking with my mind.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #524216 - 02/06/11 10:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

and yet no one is DECARBING THEIR WEED BEFORE MAKING EDIBLES..

ack, BRILLIANT!1 :dizope:

[/sarcasm]

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#524222 - 02/06/11 10:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

[/sarcasm]

This seems to be a good idea, but I really don't feel like trying it.  I am very happy with my edibles.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

#524260 - 02/07/11 12:34 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

The Anointed One said:

Wow.  The very first time I ate cannabis I had heavy narcotic and psychedelic effects.  I combined 2 tablespoons of real butter in a small sauce pan with a gram of bud.  I cooked it for 2-3 minutes on good heat - but not frying it.  Then I dumped in a can of spaghetti-o pasta and cooked it another 5 minutes until really hot. 

I ate all of it and then went to movies with my girlfriend.  I was completely floored.  I recall it was a pretty gross horror flick and I almost puked a couple of times because it was fucking with my mind.

Damn. I wonder if it's a tolerance issue. If I have a heavy tolerance to smoking, to the point where I'm just getting a little buzzed, is it possible that I just can't get that far with an edible no matter what?

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: The Anointed One]
    #524298 - 02/07/11 08:52 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The Anointed One said:
Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

The Anointed One said:

Damn. I wonder if it's a tolerance issue. If I have a heavy tolerance to smoking, to the point where I'm just getting a little buzzed, is it possible that I just can't get that far with an edible no matter what?

I don't know.  I have seen hard core smokers get blasted off of a couple canna candies.  The first time I ate I was a daily smoker and was still heavily affected.

Someone with more understanding of the topic would have to answer.

--------------------

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #526388 - 02/12/11 04:56 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

removed

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#526501 - 02/12/11 10:25 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paleo Edibles said:people have been doing it wrong all this time

That's a shitty thing to say.  I like the way I make my edibles and have no regrets. 

Would you tell people they fuck "wrong" if they didn't screw the same way as you?

--------------------

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #526647 - 02/12/11 05:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

When you make edibles without decarbing first, you're doing it in a very inefficient, wasteful manner.  I'm not trying to hurt you or anyone elses feelings, haha.  It's not a personal thing, it's just the chemistry involved. Carboxyl cannabinoids don't get you high, period.  They also don't decarboxylate when infused into a lipid.  The difference in actual active cannabinoid numbers between the two methods changes literally tenfold when you prebake.  I can back that up with proof.

Paleo

Edited by Paleo Edibles (02/12/11 05:59 PM)

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#526875 - 02/13/11 04:11 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

Paleo Edibles said:people have been doing it wrong all this time

That's a shitty thing to say.  I like the way I make my edibles and have no regrets. 

Would you tell people they fuck "wrong" if they didn't screw the same way as you?

yeah, you can't just take offence from that... i mean, c'mon... dude... you like your edibles, good, i bet they taste fantab.

are they getting the appropriate amount of THC? and are you using more bud then you could be?

the dude ain't saying you're cooking wrong, for frig sakes... he is saying that people should decarb your weed first so you can get as much THC out of your weed as possible... and it's alllll true. i have a big bag out vaped weed... and i make cookies and shit outta them cause i can put em in the oven and cook the shit outta em in some cookies and get high as shit. i decarb the vaped weed and it turns into almost perfectly usable weed again, albeit, obviously less strong. but whatever... with enough, you can make use of it in cookies or even smoking it. sometimes, i get some weeds that aren't as "heady" and i put in the microwave for like a minute or so depending on how much i am putting in, and it increases the potency of said "mids" to the potentcy that what i am usually used to, anyways.

since i learned out this method, i have smoked less weed and have gotten heady highs all the time.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#526904 - 02/13/11 09:35 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Its all relevant.  I don't waste sperm just because every swimmer doesn't get an egg.  Likewise, I don't waste any cannabis as long as the end result is what I want.

I should also add that "heady" highs are not what I am looking for from cannabis.  I prefer a very heavy stone.

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#527476 - 02/15/11 11:43 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

oh well, we are talking about the how-to's of extracting the best quality THC, here...

not other cannabinoids and your preferences of highs. :shrug:

i mean, why bother posting here if you simply just disagree?

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#527483 - 02/15/11 11:56 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

My original post wasn't to disagree, but to comment on another post.  It was someone else that decided to draw the distinction between right and wrong or make judgmental comments about "wasting" cannabis.

--------------------

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#527603 - 02/15/11 06:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

meh, it's his thread. he can word his opinion however shittily as he wants. you don't have to reply.

just saying... i dont' see how he is saying anything wrong. :shrug:

Invisibledouble
Diesel

#527815 - 02/16/11 02:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Heat is what decarboxylates your bud, so if you just make regular old cannabutter or infused olive oil (which btw is WAY more healthy than your artery-murdering lard)

what about sunflower or other vegetable oils?

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: double]
    #530174 - 02/23/11 11:49 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

I see a lot of people having trouble with edibles, and it's because they don't know about two very crucial steps that can destroy your edible experience, or make it:  Decarboxylation to the fullest degree, and eating your edible together with a significant meal to bypass the first pass effect produced by the liver.

First, Decarboxylation:

Decarboxylation has to be done in a closed but not completely sealed environment, preferably at 221F for 2 hours, or (less efficiently) 248F for 1 hour. The higher in temp you go, the more THC degrades to CBN, although at 220F a described analysis showes less than 5% CBN, or greater than or equal to 95% efficiency.Just as important, everyone must note that more CBD is decarboxylated at higher temperatures (a high CBD:THC ratio is not desirable, as CBD cancels out THC's effects, being an agonist to the antagonist) because CBD tends to be slightly more resistant to decarboxylation than THC. One with a sharp mind for this sees that this makes the retention of a low CBD:THC ratio achievable. That's with low temps, long time periods.

Next, First Pass Metabolism!:

Exactly what the first pass is and how your liver does it.  Before your food gets to your GI, but after your foods been through the stomach, your liver gets the majority of the compounds and breaks them down, with some of the breakdown product being active and some of it not being active.  This can be bypassed by eating the right amounts prior, during (in combination with), and after your lipid-edible dose.

Absorption in the GI-tract is high (90-95%), but due to hepatic first-pass metabolism oral bioavailability ranges only between 5 to 20%.
What more is there to say about that? Keep reading, here is an abstract of some cannabinoid research paper on dogs:

" The absolute bioavailability of the cannabinoid was low in fasted dogs (8-20 per cent), in spite of good absorption (72-75 per cent of radio-labelled CRA13 recovered in the systemic circulation). In fed dogs, bioavailability increased to 47.5 per cent and the majority (43.7 per cent) of the dose was absorbed via the lymphatic system of the intestine. Researchers concluded that the positive food effect for CRA13 does not appear to result from increased absorption. Rather the increase in bioavailability was stimulated via almost complete transport into the lymph, in turn resulting in a reduction in first-pass metabolism. In fasted dogs most of the cannabinoid was metabolised, i.e. changed to inactive compounds, at once in the liver before reaching the whole body, while the liver was bypassed in fed animals.

Note the underline? Eating more food doesn't increase absorption, merely feeds the liver, and physically transports the rest of the cannabinoids into the lymph in the GI, where bioavailability is in the 95-100% range.  Eating beforehand a third of your meal, the edible concurrently with a third of your meal, and then eating the last portion of your meal to push the food quickly into your GI and not let it sit in the liver. The more your eat before, the better.  Eating more after physically pushes food down past the liver into the GI, apparently.  If you eat way too much food, however, it will dilute your dose enough that you will not exactly feel a significant peak.

I wrote this a while ago. The more food you eat together with the edible, the less your liver will prematurely metabolize.

Oh, and Animal Fat or Veggie Oil?

Lard doesn't clog your artieries. The current "lipid hypothesis" of heart disease is, all in all, false.  Animal fat is the healthiest fat, with the oldest relationship to us.  :wink: Veg oils (including sunflower) are actually BAD for you, because they raise your lipoprotein(a).  If you want to go more into detail with me on this, I'd love to reason with you about it, but that's just going to have to wait for another post. I'll leave you guys with 3 links:

Best http://www.paleonu.com/
Ex-best, retired http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/
Recipes, ideas http://everydaypaleo.com/

Paleo

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #531449 - 02/28/11 12:14 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:

[/sarcasm]

This seems to be a good idea, but I really don't feel like trying it.  I am very happy with my edibles.

i could never microwave my weed.

my oil and butter had been soul crippling without that step so i'm gonna stick to it.

not saying it doesn't work, just a preference.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: MFDoom666]
    #531541 - 02/28/11 01:55 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Decarboxylation isn't "suggested" to might work, or sometimes increase potency.  It always works, and it's always reccomended.  I notice every reply is someone saying why they don't decarboxylate...Good for you. :confused:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7344736.html
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7622140.html
CTRL+F "decarboxylation"

If you don't decarb before your edibles, you're wasting your cannabinoids, because you are ingesting them mainly as carboxyl cannabinoids.  Not to mention, first pass metabolism is hard to bypass if you don't know to eat plenty of food to transport your dose to your lymphs in the GI.  My current venture is to learn how to inhibit first pass metabolism. I found lots of great information, check this out:

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=116650
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytochrome_P450

Basically I've compiled a list of non-pharmacological compounds that inhibit P450 enzymes from metabolizing cannabinoids, specifically those that inhibit CYP2C9 and CYP3A4.  They are:  Piperine (active ingredient in pepper) + Curcurmin (active ingredient in tumeric) together in a fat infusion (together, they synergize bioavailability of curcurmin which increases inhibition) greatly inhibit some of the CYP2C's.

Also, Milk Thistle, Ginko Bilboa, and Grapefruit Juice are also all non-drug temporary inhibitors of P450.  So a fair test for you or I would be to consume any of the ingredients mentioned prior to and with your edible.  This technique, in combination with a large meal that physically transports the edible dose into the lymph, is the absolute best case scenario for clandestine cookers.

Pharmacologic P450 inhibitors Isoniazid (a.k.a. INH), Quinolones, Spironolactones, Macrolides, Amiodarone, Cimetidine, Ketoconazole (all the azoles), Dapsone

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12814957?dopt=Abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16112652?dopt=Abstract
http://www.medschoolforums.com/showthread.php/p450-inducers-and-621.html?s=432989f01a13c7a19e3efad4a4d2e702&

Paleo

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

#531573 - 02/28/11 06:05 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

this is falling on deaf ears.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#531577 - 02/28/11 06:20 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

I gotta say I went from :awewtf: about this to :strokebeard:

I'm gonna see what its all about.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#531890 - 03/01/11 06:34 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

lol, I ike how the guy is pulling out all the stops and getting all sorts of info, and all the while everyone is treating him like a common troll.

Doop

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

#531891 - 03/01/11 06:36 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

there's just no way that i'm gonna put my weed in the microwave.

so not kosher.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #531926 - 03/01/11 07:27 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

I am doing this for myself, first of all.  Efficiency, technique, a journal of sorts.  I also know of users who read my posts here but don't reply.  That's fine, the information I'm repeating for the MMJ community is not mine to claim.  But most people won't get to hear it, so I write it up for that reason. 

My writing doesn't fall upon deaf ears; just stoned ones.

Report - Oral Cannabis with P450 Inhibition

I didn't have Piperine (and didnt want to eat tons of pepper) so I used tumeric (curcurmin) infused into the same bacon fat as the decarbed cannabis.  This is the first time I ever take the cannabis infused with another ingredient. I ate an entire large grapefruit 20 minutes before, and more with and immediately after the edible.  I also had lots of other food before and after to feed the liver and push the dose into the lymph.

Usually at 3 hours I hit my peak, and by 4 hours I'm on my way down.  Last night I was fucked up at 4 hours and beyond.  Now I know why studies show the peak concentrations being from 3-6 hours.  Your liver's enzyme activity dictates how long it takes for the peak to hit you.

I postulate that with more P450 inhibition, the "peak" is moved over an hour or so, and the high's intensity is amplified and most importantly, the dose is prolonged.    Now, to find more common household inhibitors, and a dose rule-of-thumb.

Oh, and to the guy who said he won't microwave his weed: good for you, microwaving is for novices at decarboxylation.  Bake your cannabis in the oven for exactly 2 hours, at 220 degrees F in a covered container.

Paleo

Edited by Paleo Edibles (03/01/11 11:15 PM)

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

#531929 - 03/01/11 07:34 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

that's more like it, ovens don't scare me.

thanks for posting all of this info and sorry if i seemed like an asshole.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #532072 - 03/02/11 12:45 AM (13 years, 20 days ago)

re moved.

Edited by Paleo Edibles (05/03/12 02:30 PM)

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#532352 - 03/02/11 05:32 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

In my opinion, trying to squeeze every last bit of "high" out of a bud is just desperate thinking.  I always have abundance and I don't pay for it, so I really don't care.

--------------------

Edited by CrayolaHalls (03/02/11 05:35 PM)

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: Paleo Edibles] * 1
    #538585 - 03/21/11 12:42 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Paleo Edibles said:
Though in reality, I'm just a guy really high on edibles - exclusively, I don't smoke anymore - and who likes to stay that way. I just get my kicks helping others do the same.

Honestly guys, there is no real reason NOT to take this guy's (or girl's) advice, and give it a whirl. For starters, not smoking your medication drastically reduces your chances of contracting a chronic respiratory illness. Secondly, it would reduce the amount of material needed for each batch, thus making intensely strong batches quite inexpensive to make. :shrug:

Agree with CrayolaHalls that "squeezing every bit of high" out is a bit excessive, which is why I don't agree with keeping the roughage in the mix. I always strain the vegetative matter, as it can cause gastrointestinal issues (mainly really stinky gas). Also, I don't like the feeling like there's hay in my brownies!

I've got an ounce of shake that I've had sitting in my closet for a minute. I have an excess of both budder and tincture at the moment, and I think I'll try and convince my wife to let me do some experimenting.

I'm thinking of doing four separate tests. I'll do two batches of budder and two batches of tincture. One of each of them will be of straight unadulterated shake, the other will be of decarboxylated shake.

Seven grams of shake for each test isn't too much to use to see if these results are true or the ravings of someone with a bit too much mold in his edible stash... :lol:

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#540786 - 03/27/11 07:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i only microwave small buds that i am going to roll into a joint a few minutes afterwards...

:smilingpuppy:

i find it works fine.

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: Tank333]
    #541308 - 03/29/11 03:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

This board is pretty slow...

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#541333 - 03/29/11 04:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

it's ridiculous.

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #541383 - 03/29/11 06:25 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I still like this forum.  Since it was so slow I copied this shit and posted it elsewhere, hope you guys don't take offence. Here I'll post the pics of the process I took, etc etc. Sorry if half of this shit is repeated from earlier in the thread!

Hello, here's an oven decarboxylation pictorial and technique, derived from a Sativex scientific study and patent, provided with an exteremely short but worthy explanation.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7344736.html
Extraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials

(this is the part where nay-sayers click and read)

Repeat after me: 220 Degrees Fahrenheit for Two Hours!

220 Degrees Fahrenheit for Two Hours!

Notice how 0 time decarboxylating has a measly 992 units of THC, compared to 7734 units. That's like an 8 fold increase!

See the red and blue circles? The red circle shows the highest peak THC content in a sample of herb after it's been heated to the temperature listed, and the time next to it.  Red circle is the highest, most efficient method and the blue circle is the second-most efficient. They differ in time by one hour and a half, and in temperature by 15C or about 27F. 

Therefore, the two preferred methods for decarboxylation are as follows: 2 hours at 221F, or 0.5 hours at 250F.

I'll repeat this again, but I always add more time and a few degrees more temperature because of the inefficient heating mechanism that is your oven.  In the patent, when they are doing large batches of decarboxylations (from 100g to 4kg) they add more time and temperature based on the amount that must be heated in the given amount of time. The listed preferred times and temperatures are tested on .25g samples, heated directly in vials.

Heres my oven set at 230F (I add 10 degrees because of the uneven heating you get in an oven compared to a vial + bunsen burner, which is the technique used to derive these times and temperatures) with my cannabis, crushed and covered, almost to a seal.

Pretty good so far? I heat this (approx 20-25 grams, I have no clue) at 230 for 2 hours and 20 minutes, instead of the standard 220F for 2 hours. Why? To ensure decarboxylation happens, and to ensure that the temperature is reaching at least 220F for the period of time I'm counting.  You can preheat, but even when I preheat I leave it for an extra 15 minutes or so: theres no way this process will be as efficient as decarboxylating .25g in a bunsen burner, so more time and a slightly higher temperature is necessary.

Anyway, here's what it looks like when it's done.

Compare the before and after bud

The beauty of this method is that it's been tested and it's proven that you don't loose a significant amount of cannabinoids to vaporization or degradation! This is information from the patent: they wouldn't choose these times and temperatures if they didn't produce results.

See the change in color? It's because what gave this cannabis plant it's color in the first place was the major terpenoids, which are lost during this method (they smell up your house btw).  They are a negligable loss! Because THC and CBD content >>>>> terpenoid content.  So the change in color is not due to charring, it's from the assisted evaporation of terpenoids.

My challenge: just try decarboxylating first with a small amount of herb.  Simply try the 2 hour decarboxylate method just once, before dismissing the entire science behind the technique.  Remember, it's all love, guys.  Even if only a few people actually end up trying it, it'll spread through them to others, and eventually to a significant portion of users ad infinitum, because it's the real deal.  Alternatively, you can vape your bud at 220F or your lowest setting multiple times, so you don't waste any terpenoids. 

After that, I reccomend still decarboxylating in the oven at 220 until there is only the distinct smell of terpene-free herb (smells like ABV).  An hour does the trick for decarboxylating some ABV that was vaped on the low setting. I still go for the 2 hours because more free cannabinoids and less carboxyl cannabinoids is always good, and when you're decarboxylating low at 220F to 235F - CBN degrading to THC is a non-issue.

[/SIZE]

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
    #541434 - 03/29/11 08:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I find your post interesting!
I also am always looking to boost my cannabuzz. I do not do eatable to often. So does this work for the smoking aspect aswell as the eating of it? Or is this all geared towards eatable and digestion?

The boards are still slow around here for sure. But have been gaining activity slowly but surely. At the price we pay for bud it is no smallwonder that people are a lil leary about ruining something that already works without no altering. Ya know, if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Anyways, we all love the fact that your bringing sources to back your statements. Stick around and see what happens!

Welcome to the Growery by the way!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #542024 - 03/31/11 07:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Spacemonkey, thanks.

When you try this (with as little as .25grams) you'll see the difference, and you'll continue doing it this way.

I think it's funny that on some other forums people are saying the Sativex patent is null and void - like if Sativex would bullshit something like this. :laugh:

Paleo

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #551866 - 04/29/11 04:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Old thread I know, but question!

So if you wanted to Decarboxylate pure hash, would you oven cook @ 275?

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

Offlinespidermites
Stranger
    #553792 - 05/07/11 01:38 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Paleo Edibles said:
MFDoom666

Your replies painted you in my head as a bit of a dick, but it's not a big deal. No worries. :smile:  Crumbled, crushed cannabis, baked in an oven for 2 hours at 220F exactly, with a lid (that is not airtight) will convert your cannabis into the most potent raw material it can be without multiple phase extraction methods. If you don't like the complicated truth about decarboxylating, I don't know what to tell you.  Did you not even bother to read the (apparently too lengthy, since you skipped it) posts where I linked to patents providing proof-positive? :rolleyes:

An Open Challenge To The Growery

Pleasantly tripping (yes, tripping) on edibles, I hope my thoughts are being expressed coherently and in the way I am understanding them when I think to myself.  I always have to keep reminding myself of who I'm writing for.  I'll tell you, I write this for us, the cannna-isseur's, the herbalists, the beginner and intermediate basement-shamans. I'll also tell you why it's relevant: We are fairly paranoid about wasting our herbs, and we're very stuck in our ways. :tongue2:

I chose to migrate to Growery out of all the large forums (after being banned by some loser "Budslinger" at GC) because I find Growery and Shroomery users incredibly chill, open minded and informative. I think it's funny that my posts are mostly ignored here, but it might just be the slower activity of the edible forum, specifically. I think it's even funnier that the major marijuana community hasn't figured this stuff out yet - it's all documented in plain sight. The slowness of all MJ edible sections in various sites is representative of the lack of knowledge, or howto, to preparing and finally having a successful oral marijuana experience. The online marijuana "community" doesn't really know what they're doing when it comes to producing marijuana that is highly orally active - as active as it can be. 

My challenge: just try decarboxylating first with a small amount of herb.  Simply try the 2 hour decarboxylate method just once, before dismissing the entire science behind the technique.  Remember, it's all love, guys. :rasta: Even if only a few people actually end up trying it, it'll spread through them to others, and eventually to a significant portion of users ad infinitum, because it's the real deal.  Alternatively, you can vape your bud at 220F or your lowest setting multiple times, so you don't waste any terpenoids.  After that, I reccomend still decarboxylating in the oven at 220 until there is only the distinct smell of terpene-free herb (smells like ABV).  An hour does the trick for decarboxylating some ABV that was vaped on the lowlow. I still go for the 2 hours because more free cannabinoids and less carboxyl cannabinoids is always good, and when you're decarboxylating low at 220F - CBN degrading to THC is a non-issue. 

Change is bad, I get it!

Change sucks. I know, I totally get it.  You can't just appear on a forum or a real life gathering, and say "Check it. Bake your buds for 2 hours until they're light brown, then fry them in an animal, olive or coconut oil until the buds turn brown-black.  Don't throw away the plant material, there's always some cannabinoids left in them.  Oh, and eat a good meal before and with the dose.  Hell, throw in a grapefruit and some ginko or tumeric and you're in for a ride!" While it sure works, and there is scientific reasons why all those things are reccomended, That doesn't mean everyone likes your new idea or will try it.  It doesn't work like that. In retrospect, and in re-reading my summation, no wonder half of the users in cyberspace think I'm a troll, and to the other half I'm a(n obsessive) nut.

Whenever you try to challenge conventional wisdom, or the way someone's been doing it for a while, you'll encounter that.  Same thing happens in vegetarian vs. paleolithic eater arguments.  Guess which side I'm on? Half the users will think you're trollin' (and hatin'), the other half will probably still never research facts themselves.  Expecting any other response from the collective community online would be incredibly stupid.  Maybe that's why I'm writing in this in the first place?

It would all be worth it if...

Fortunately, to a small fraction of intermediate to expert herbalists - I'm a champion of edible way.  These are the herbalists who appreciate the complete "holistic" approach I describe in my writing.  They are the blades who appreciate me infusing the chemistry details (decarboxylation, frying brown) and biology (first pass, enzyme inhibition) of the art - they like the answers and complete understanding it provides. 

Though in reality, I'm just a guy really high on edibles - exclusively, I don't smoke anymore - and who likes to stay that way. I just get my kicks helping others do the samee.  Maybe I'll throw together an oven decarb pictorial-technique, so you guys will see exactly what I'm talking about.  Later on, some more interesting stuff, like soxhlet pictorials for saving the terpenes lost during the oven bake.

Till' next time,
Paleo

Hi Paleo,

I'm very thankfull for the info you so freely share.  I like your style.  I also do a lot of things similar to you, ie lots of testing to see the results for myself and then to tweek it to perfection.  Keep it up.  You seem like the sort of friend that I would physically like to have. :smile:

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: spidermites]
    #591685 - 10/11/11 10:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Bump

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #594780 - 10/30/11 07:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So has anyone here tried this?

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: KaptKid]
    #594945 - 11/01/11 05:18 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, and as far as I can tell it does work :wink:

It's not a huge difference (when vaping) but there is a slight potency increase.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: niteowl]
    #605300 - 01/15/12 01:50 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sometimes I notice small potency increases in the vape, but if I let it cook at 250 in the vape (after already being decarbed) I notice an even bigger increase, I get TOO high from the tiniest amount of cannabis.  This has to be due to the change in ratio of THC to CBD and an overall increase in  THC, soo...

Maybe 30 minutes at 250 is "enough", and there might be room for more time but not more temperature.  Another thihng I know is that after being decarbed this bud will break down further in grinding and reveal more terpenoids and probably even more carboxyl cannabinoids soo...

Just decarb fully until the cannabis is yellowish brown - this is a great indicator that you arent underdecarbing because thats usually the case if there is lots of visible terpenes left (green on the plant)

Till next time
spacecowboyx@gmail.com

OfflineRobinOnFire
Stranger
    #606020 - 01/21/12 12:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: RobinOnFire]
    #619845 - 04/23/12 10:50 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thats cool that 325 for 25 minutes worked for you. Sometime try the old school microwave method. 3 sets of 1:30 microwaves I believe it was

I just want to say it's hilarious that GrassCity is the main hub of the online MMJ community.  The site is a joke, a farce, a stain on the MMJ community.  If you don't know why, then you haven't been posting there long enough.  Information is censored, users are wrongfully banned and a few fucktards rule the place with an iron first.  GC is like a totaliatian establishment, why do people continue to flock to it? Fuck Grasscity.  The site is a joke.

Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

#693634 - 11/14/13 11:43 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

lets revive this thread and have some more inputs shall we? :P
:sporedrop:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: pablokabute] * 2
    #693640 - 11/14/13 12:03 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

anyone using a microwave to cure their herbs is mentally stunted because ..........

YOU CAN NOT CONTROL THE TEMPS IN A FUCKING MICROWAVE

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleP-O

#693659 - 11/14/13 03:48 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

+1

Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

#693753 - 11/14/13 10:28 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
anyone using a microwave to cure their herbs is mentally stunted because ..........

YOU CAN NOT CONTROL THE TEMPS IN A FUCKING MICROWAVE

it has heat settigs from 1 to 0 (0 is 10)

..thru trial and error, you can maybe decarb properly, its not like you get to use different microwave units every time you decarb...

where i live, we use lpg for the oven, and having to do those oven thingy, would eat up time and gas(resource)...

i use microwave for convenience... when im feeling a little hands on, i do 2 x 1min 30sec microwave trips and the results are parallel to those decarbed buds described on in here...

what do you guys think?

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: pablokabute] * 2
    #693814 - 11/15/13 08:20 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pablokabute said:
what do you guys think?

That your either underage or extremely immature :justdontknow:

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleP-O

#693830 - 11/15/13 11:05 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:underage: forsure

Offlinepablokabute
Stranger

#694196 - 11/18/13 07:13 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

pablokabute said:
what do you guys think?

That your either underage or extremely immature :justdontknow:

im both. haha. but thats cool.

:oldman2:

have you guys been to any 3rd world country? where people dont read any of whats on this forums, or simply dont give a damn whatsoever?

if you guys knew how expensive lpg is in here, youd get some of my point, anyway,

those microwave shit im talking about, paleo also mentioned that if im not mistaken... even ed rosenthal, im sure i read it somewhere..

if this will strengthen my argument, i made a batch utilizing 2/8 oz. of mediocre buds... guess what happened.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: pablokabute]
    #694197 - 11/18/13 07:26 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
You really need to shut the fuck up.

You're making yourself look more and more retarded with every post you make

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: P-O]
    #756015 - 11/05/14 02:30 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

If anybody has questions about this method I'll be around these parts once in a while.  I'll prepare a post that describes this method in it's improved form one of these days, maybe.

InvisibleP-O

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: Paleo Edibles] * 1
    #756022 - 11/05/14 04:37 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Paleo Edibles said:
Removed

Quote:

Paleo Edibles said:
removed

Quote:

Paleo Edibles said:
removed

Quote:

Paleo Edibles said:
removed

:rolleyes:

i got a question

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: P-O]
    #756129 - 11/06/14 10:46 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Go ahead and ask your question.

EDIT: Is your question why are those posts removed? I honestly don't remember, they were cross-posts from Grasscity though, so if you're really interested, you can find the thread on Grasscity and read my posts, its not that much.

I continue to experiment with different temperatures and times in the oven. 

Instead of trying to make a set time and temperature, here is a range for success in decarboxylating cannabis in an oven:

220F (minimum) to 280F, from 30 minutes to two hours.

If you're choosing 220F, you want to do two hours.  Likewise, the higher you go in temp, the less time you leave it in.  This is for MMJ edibles. There is an almost complete loss of terpenes but a huge boost in actual cannabinoids.

Also, I know 280F sounds like a high temperature, but I read research from the Netherlands that validated a claim brought fourth by someone else about using a higher temperature.  The truth is, simply heating the plant material past a certain temperature for a set amount of time will cause a certain degree of decarboxylation.  All you're trying to do is maximize decarboxylation and concurrently reduce/eliminate degradation. 

Edited by Paleo Edibles (11/06/14 11:07 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order