Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil
    #499935 - 11/21/10 04:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Removed

Edited by Paleo Edibles (05/03/12 02:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: Paleo Edibles]
    #499937 - 11/21/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

removed

Edited by Paleo Edibles (05/03/12 02:29 PM)

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #499938 - 11/21/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

removed

Edited by Paleo Edibles (05/03/12 02:29 PM)

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #499939 - 11/21/10 04:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

removed

Edited by Paleo Edibles (05/03/12 02:28 PM)

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #500019 - 11/21/10 11:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the write up, IMO its not necessary to decarboxylate prior to cooking with cannabis if you just have the patience to actually make the oil or butter. 
Heat is what decarboxylates your bud, so if you just make regular old cannabutter or infused olive oil (which btw is WAY more healthy than your artery-murdering lard) you can use them directly in your cooking without any additional work. 
I make large batches of canna-olive oil that last for months, and olive oil can be used to saute, brush, dip, etc.
Additionally, the olive oil takes maybe 20 minutes from start to finish, so its just as time-efficient as your lard. :grin:
Check it out: Olive oil!
Same thing goes for butter (still healthier than lard).  Take a few hours to make a pound of canna-butter, no need to pre-decarboxylate b/c again, the heat does it for you as you infuse the butter, and then you have butter that you can use in whatever capacity you would normally employ it.
Finally, many people find that ingesting the plant material creates gastrointestinal distress, so the olive oil and butter both avoid this by extracting the fat-soluble psychoactive compounds and then allowing the user to strain out the plant material (which is texturally nasty in many sweet and savory foods).

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: 81renaissance]
    #500235 - 11/23/10 02:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Decarboxylation doesn't occur when the cannabis is submerged in a liquid.  The reason is that the fat is such an excellent lubrication that the carboxyl group is never lost.  It's the same reason why you can fry cannabis in fat until dark brown, and not lose any cannabinoids to heat or evaporation.

So, decarboxylate before you add to your oil/fat, peanut butter, or plain butter.

And lard, any unprocessed animal fat, ie saturated and monounsaturated fat, is the healthiest fat for you.  Butter is about the same monounsat/saturated/polyunsat ratio as lard.

Thanks for your reply though

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

#500304 - 11/23/10 11:59 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Who said anything about it occuring when it was submerged in a liquid?
I said heat does the job...which it does.  Fat isn't a "lubrication", we use high fat products because THC is fat soluble.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #500411 - 11/23/10 08:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You have to decarboxylate before it's in the oil, because the oil prevents the decarboxylation.  fat does lubricate the cannabinoids, and thats why my method - if you read it - frys until the cannabis is dark brown.

So decarboxylation - in my and others experience - does not occur when already in a fat.  Thats why you either bake or heat your cannabis before it hits the lipid.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#500704 - 11/24/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

He was warning you, against submerging the greens in any fats.

I would tend to heed warnings.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #500782 - 11/25/10 09:26 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
He was warning you, against submerging the greens in any fats.

I would tend to heed warnings.

:laugh2: I don't think that's what he was doing. People every day do just that (making cannabutter and oil) and get a perfectly good recreational high.  Additionally he himself submerges the herb in fat (go read the part about LARD) after decarbing his cannabis. His method enhances and modifies the psychoactive compounds, but doesn't preclude the practice of standard edibles.:grin:

@ Paleo: since this post I've been looking into those methods, and for my wife (a medical user) there are some things in the pre-decarb that are very appealing not just in terms of potency, but in terms of medicinal compounds in the final product.
Finally, you won't find me using pork-fat like you do, but I do acknowledge that (while it does have more overall fat than butter by about 20 mg per serving) it has a lower saturated fat count; I can see the argument for using lard, I just can't justify the additional ten calories per mg.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #501092 - 11/27/10 12:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I only say decarboxylate before you put it into the oil, because when you heat the bud once its submerged, the THCA and CBDA extract safely into the oil, and dont get decarboxylated.  Thats why you gotta do it before hand.  Did you guys check out that "alleged" lab report on the bud before and after decarboxylation? It increase potency by like 43%.

I do it every day before I make this for myself.  Works like a charm every time.  Lard, butter and animal fat is the safest fat.  Monosaturated and saturated should be like 90% of our diet, the other 10 percent being PUFAs.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
    #501103 - 11/27/10 03:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I took a joint's worth of shake and nuked it for 1 min 45 sec, then rolled a joint with it. It definitely didn't hurt it. I'm definitely baked and I had ground all this crap into shake last week because it wasn't as strong as I'm used to, so I was going to save it for cooking. But yeah, def baked. Suppose it wouldn't hurt to experiment with 2 min, or double sessions to see what happens since you can do such a small amount at a time.

OfflinePaleo Edibles
Stranger
    #510934 - 01/04/11 12:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Bump. I'll be transfering all my information from my original posts into this site, and probably onto some others since this seems like a pretty inactive site. Until then, anyone from GrassCity or Growery who wants to email, contact or get into cahoots with me can email me at spacecowboyx@gmail.com

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/699226-how-paleos-potent-decarboxylated-cannabis-oil.html

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#511713 - 01/07/11 02:02 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

goddamn it, i'mve microwaving weed now for a while, on the odd occasion and it DOES work. (NOT saying it is the wonder spell for getting higher, though)

But I JUSSST burned a little nug in the mic after it was i nthere for less then 50 seconds.

I shouldn't have stepped away from it. :frown:

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

#523439 - 02/05/11 01:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I just wanted to add that if anyone attempts to use a microwave, the power can vary, so do be careful that you don't burn your stuff.

Hm, I remember seeing something on this topic years ago. I  tried a little "pre baking" in the oven before smoking, and I remember it seeming somewhat effective. However, that was my one experiment with this.

I have NEVER been able to get off by using an edible. And thus far my method has usually been to cook the ground bud directly in butter for a bit (and then often milk would be added... most of these experiments were more pharmacological in nature, than culinary). But I never got more than a mild buzz.

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: The Anointed One]
    #523964 - 02/06/11 03:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The Anointed One said:
I have NEVER been able to get off by using an edible. And thus far my method has usually been to cook the ground bud directly in butter for a bit (and then often milk would be added... most of these experiments were more pharmacological in nature, than culinary). But I never got more than a mild buzz.

Wow.  The very first time I ate cannabis I had heavy narcotic and psychedelic effects.  I combined 2 tablespoons of real butter in a small sauce pan with a gram of bud.  I cooked it for 2-3 minutes on good heat - but not frying it.  Then I dumped in a can of spaghetti-o pasta and cooked it another 5 minutes until really hot. 

I ate all of it and then went to movies with my girlfriend.  I was completely floored.  I recall it was a pretty gross horror flick and I almost puked a couple of times because it was fucking with my mind.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #524216 - 02/06/11 10:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

and yet no one is DECARBING THEIR WEED BEFORE MAKING EDIBLES..

ack, BRILLIANT!1 :dizope:

[/sarcasm]

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#524222 - 02/06/11 10:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
and yet no one is DECARBING THEIR WEED BEFORE MAKING EDIBLES..

ack, BRILLIANT!1 :dizope:

[/sarcasm]

This seems to be a good idea, but I really don't feel like trying it.  I am very happy with my edibles.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #524260 - 02/07/11 12:34 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

The Anointed One said:

Wow.  The very first time I ate cannabis I had heavy narcotic and psychedelic effects.  I combined 2 tablespoons of real butter in a small sauce pan with a gram of bud.  I cooked it for 2-3 minutes on good heat - but not frying it.  Then I dumped in a can of spaghetti-o pasta and cooked it another 5 minutes until really hot. 

I ate all of it and then went to movies with my girlfriend.  I was completely floored.  I recall it was a pretty gross horror flick and I almost puked a couple of times because it was fucking with my mind.

Damn. I wonder if it's a tolerance issue. If I have a heavy tolerance to smoking, to the point where I'm just getting a little buzzed, is it possible that I just can't get that far with an edible no matter what?

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: How-to: Paleo's Potent Decarboxylated Cannabis Oil [Re: The Anointed One]
    #524298 - 02/07/11 08:52 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The Anointed One said:
Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Quote:

The Anointed One said:

Damn. I wonder if it's a tolerance issue. If I have a heavy tolerance to smoking, to the point where I'm just getting a little buzzed, is it possible that I just can't get that far with an edible no matter what?

I don't know.  I have seen hard core smokers get blasted off of a couple canna candies.  The first time I ate I was a daily smoker and was still heavily affected.

Someone with more understanding of the topic would have to answer.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order