Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineweloonytunz
Stranger
Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!!
    #551460 - 04/27/11 11:16 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

We need Help!!! We have been battling these persistent buggers for months… Does anybody NOT have them??? What are you doing that we are not??? Lol. We have tried most every solution that we have been suggested. We did originally use some insecticidal soaps/pestidides and are choosing to go without them or any pesticides(they didnt stay gone anyways). Let me start by saying that we shower our plants(36 per room) weekly, mist them daily, have a terrifying supply of ladybugs flying around,have vacuumed them and their webs… I will say that they are not nearly as bad as the infestation started… but they will not go away!!! Im wondering is this a problem that will always be present and we just have to keep them from taking over??? It does adversly affect our yield. We grow indoors(ALL surfaces in veg and flower are cleaned with pine sol/bleach weekly). Our humidity is not over 40% in flower most the time. We have ordered new humidifiers to bring humidity up. It is more infested in flower than veg… Also, two strains(cheese and skunkleberry) get the worst of it; while its not so bad on the hash x haze and pineapple strains. Are certain strains more succeptable to mites??? We have considered eliminating the 2 that get em the worst. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank ya kindly!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! *DELETED* [Re: weloonytunz]
    #551568 - 04/28/11 08:24 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: k

Offlinesexondrugs
Stranger

Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #551598 - 04/28/11 11:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've had them and gotten rid of them completely (I think) with a combination of clean-up, pyrethrin bombs spaced a part to kill adults and newly hatched youngsters (phyrethrin doesn't kill the eggs), and neem.

Now I practice preventative spraying of a neem based solution at least once a week during veg and into flower (probably 3 weeks on average).

Sex

Offlineimpgl

Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! [Re: weloonytunz]
    #551807 - 04/29/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Mites seem to get used to different sprays, so it's good to change em up. Use neem and soap interchangeably through veg, and soap and pyrethreaum  in flower, taking care to wash leaves at least once a month with just water.

To avoid next time, clear out your grow space, and bug bomb and bleach clean everything. Do it for two weeks. Pop off some seeds and start all over, practicing better hygienic control in your grow room, you slob.

--------------------

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! [Re: impgl]
    #553465 - 05/06/11 08:53 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:werd:
i just wanted to be part of this evil mite thread
those 3 answers were top shelf

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! [Re: just me]
    #553480 - 05/06/11 10:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Has anyone here used plant vitality + ? I've heard great things from others about it but thankfully have never had spider mites so I've never had to fight that battle!

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! [Re: c99hunter]
    #553578 - 05/06/11 01:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

There's also the option of predatory mites I believe :shrug: I think magash had posted a link somewhere at some point. Hopefully he will chime in here :smile:

I do know that when using chemicals you have to switch em up, and one guy I know says he uses a 3 part system of different things and others say plant vitality plus ends the terror.

Offlinecouchlockd
Stranger
    #553773 - 05/07/11 12:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

well mites of the spider mite variety are NOT IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of, although it may seem like it it isnt.

but if you are running a perpetual garden or as the law calls it a "Pot Factory" lol. were you never have any down time it will be hard at best.

a combination of predatory insects, along with neem oil and azatrol will get them in check if not totally eradicate them, the only thing is you must be very dilligent and not get lazy when battling spider mites, you need to get the adults, pupa and larvea all at there stages of development, so you must treat the plants in waves, like every week or so, or according to a specific product you are usings instructions.

on top of that, if you run a sealed garden that is enriched with co2, or any garden enriched with co2 for that matter, wait untill lights off and saturate the air with 4000 ppm of c02 or better for 4 hours (shut down ventilation, so you dont waste the precious gas) it will displace the oxygen and suffocate the mites.

bombing is always a last resort in a perpetual grow op, but if you do have down time between crops, then by all means drop the bomb on them, youd be crazy not to.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! [Re: couchlockd]
    #553827 - 05/07/11 04:12 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.pinkredkelly.com/product/predatory-mites-2000-live-adults/MI-C2000?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products

Google turned that up on the first result, I don't know if those are the ones magash posted or not and have NO experience with the seller so cannot speak for that. But I do believe those are the mites that you would want if you want to do all natural. You could also get some lady bugs, they're cheap and they like mites as well.

Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

#553835 - 05/07/11 04:35 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

mites have fucked all my grows up until this point, so i finally picked up some "hot shot no pest strips" earlier today...

i know there's a lot of controversy surrounding these items, but i need something to work - completely, and i've heard these do the trick after just a few days. i'll keep you posted on the results...

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! [Re: shasha]
    #553857 - 05/07/11 07:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I thought the no pest strips was for fungus gnats and fruit flies?

Offlinecouchlockd
Stranger
    #554195 - 05/08/11 11:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the "NO PEST STRIPS" are a visual indicator only, although they can help catch some of the adult mites, they will not get the larvea and pupa stage of mites, so you will have the begining stages of mites infestation in full force, and they will still do all the damage they normally would do at that stage and then turn into adults and get caught up in the pest strips.

azatrol is were it is at, also there are some bad ass systemic miticides out there, but we dont use them on consuamble plants.

also a product called "ZERO TOLERANCE" by Ed Rosenthal is great too, used in combo with azatro, zero tol. and neem oil along with some predatory bugs, you should be home free in no time.

yes some folks get the mites and seem to never get rid of them, most of the time it is due to poor horticultural practices and poor plant health,

healthy plants have a tendancy to outgroww infestations and disease so they never get a foot hold on the plants.

the govt. has also been said to have been biological enginering of spider mites in cali. and releasing them in the areas more prone to massive cultivation.

what they do is introduce populations of mites to every single known pesticide available on the commercial market to get them immune to all of them then set them free on the unsuspecting pot farmers areas.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #554204 - 05/09/11 12:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lampshadehelmet said:
Once you have mites, you will ALWAYS have mites. BUT, they are very manageable, so it really is not that big of a deal.

I use a pump sprayer with neem once a week until one month into flower and never have any problems. That is really all I have been able to do with any kind of success as far as mites.

Not exactly true. bleach and clean everything after this round. At the same time treat your mothers with a insecticidal vapor(hot shot pest strips/or a equivalent like no pest strips) and spray them with forbid or avid. Once all your rooms have be steralised and mothers treated and no noticble living mites(if there are your doing something wrong) take your cuts. Then treat the cuts once again with azamax and throw in a no pest strip if your extra concerned. Then let them do there thing in flower and there should be zero chance for those fuckers to get a foothold again. If they somehow come back you either didn't clean enough or you have a outside source you or your pets are dragging in.

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
    #554205 - 05/09/11 12:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

couchlockd said:
the "NO PEST STRIPS" are a visual indicator only, although they can help catch some of the adult mites, they will not get the larvea and pupa stage of mites, so you will have the begining stages of mites infestation in full force, and they will still do all the damage they normally would do at that stage and then turn into adults and get caught up in the pest strips.

azatrol is were it is at, also there are some bad ass systemic miticides out there, but we dont use them on consuamble plants.

also a product called "ZERO TOLERANCE" by Ed Rosenthal is great too, used in combo with azatro, zero tol. and neem oil along with some predatory bugs, you should be home free in no time.

yes some folks get the mites and seem to never get rid of them, most of the time it is due to poor horticultural practices and poor plant health,

healthy plants have a tendancy to outgroww infestations and disease so they never get a foot hold on the plants.

the govt. has also been said to have been biological enginering of spider mites in cali. and releasing them in the areas more prone to massive cultivation.

what they do is introduce populations of mites to every single known pesticide available on the commercial market to get them immune to all of them then set them free on the unsuspecting pot farmers areas.

Your thinking of sticky pads. No pest strips is a very dangerous vapor but you only need them for a short while for erradication. No, mites are extremely difficult to get rid of if not impossible with your tecnique. You can maintain them that way but eliminate I think is highly unlikely.

Offlinecouchlockd
Stranger
Re: Ugly... Evil.... Spider Mites!!!! [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #555591 - 05/14/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

getting rid of mites organically HAS been done before, thousands of times bro.

i have seen it done organically, without any evil poisonous vapors, with good ol mother nature.

i , in 8 years of growing, have never had one single bug, mite, thrip, anything infestation, no viruses, or diseases. knock on wood, but really i need no luck, no knocking of wood really needed, as i am just that good at keeping plants healthy and thriving.

Offlinecouchlockd
Stranger

#557197 - 05/21/11 11:57 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

using NO-PEST Strips is like slowly releasing a can of RAID in the grow room, something akin to spraying the buds with RAID.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
    #557201 - 05/21/11 12:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Lol, I don't think the original poster needs any help any more considering he hasn't replied once since he posted! :rofl:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds