Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Mother Question *DELETED*
    #530396 - 02/24/11 05:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

Reason for deletion: Sdr

Edited by curbstop (02/24/11 05:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Mother Question [Re: curbstop]
    #530407 - 02/24/11 06:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

what im going to do with mothers is before they out grow the space take clones and get them ready to replace the original mother,im going to have to time it well so the clones are ready to go when space in the flower room is available !

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Re: Mother Question *DELETED* [Re: dmtcorey]
    #530408 - 02/24/11 06:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#530410 - 02/24/11 06:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i have topped lots of plants at all hights ,you can cut it anywhere ! i think what i am going to do with my mothers is as they grow train them to grow around the rim of the pot ,i did one like this for a while to see what it would do and it kept them pretty compact with lots of  small branches ,you could just keep tieing it around the rim,you could train the branches into knots as well~

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Mother Question [Re: dmtcorey]
    #530416 - 02/24/11 07:31 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

chronic is not supposed to be topped because the plant prefers to have 1 large main cola rather than little ones. everything ive read about it says topping hurts its yeilds. it would be fine to top it as a mother but any clones you wanna flower i wouldnt top.

whats your chronic smell like? my buddies smells like cherry tussin for some reason lol.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisiblestarrider

Re: Mother Question [Re: RasJeph]
    #531455 - 02/28/11 02:49 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

In order to keep plants as mothers, you are going to trim he outer biggest leaves first. The idxea behind mother plants is to have as many nodes as posssible so you can make clones of the mother plant. By trimming the outer most leaves lets the plant grow the nodes bigger and won't waste energy on the leaves. Also you want to leave 50% of leaves on the plant. Meaning, the plant needs to be able to survive.  Good luck.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Re: Mother Question *DELETED* [Re: starrider]
    #531560 - 02/28/11 03:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #531562 - 02/28/11 04:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

. By trimming the outer most leaves lets the plant grow the nodes bigger and won't waste energy on the leaves.

This is why I love you guys, sometimes you are classic funny. :rofl2:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mother Question [Re: Magash]
    #531567 - 02/28/11 05:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

In order to keep plants as mothers, you are going to trim he outer biggest leaves first. The idxea behind mother plants is to have as many nodes as posssible so you can make clones of the mother plant. By trimming the outer most leaves lets the plant grow the nodes bigger and won't waste energy on the leaves. Also you want to leave 50% of leaves on the plant. Meaning, the plant needs to be able to survive.  Good luck.

Yah, this makes no sense.  All you need to do to have a mom is keep a female plant under 24/0 light.  That's it, nothing more, nothing less.  Trimming the larger fans does not cause the nodes to grow quicker, or cause more shoots to form.  The only way to get more nodes is time, you just let your plant grow and branch, and then you have more nodes.  I don't understand where you came up with needing "50% of the leaves on your plant", I routinely hack my moms to shit because they get too big, I've cut way more then 50% of my growth off almost every time I do it with no ill effects.  The plant may stall a day or two, but then bounces back with vigor.  You really don't need much in order to keep a plant going, look at what people do when they reveg plants.

So that's it really.  To keep a mom just take plant, apply constant light, top or train to maximize space and clone site potential, water as needed.  The only way it could get easier is to have someone else do the work for you.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Re: Mother Question *DELETED* [Re: coda]
    #531620 - 02/28/11 08:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

Offlinecsmandpking
Shroomer
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Mother Question [Re: coda]
    #531879 - 03/01/11 06:11 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

Yah, this makes no sense.  All you need to do to have a mom is keep a female plant under 24/0 light.  That's it, nothing more, nothing less.  Trimming the larger fans does not cause the nodes to grow quicker, or cause more shoots to form.  The only way to get more nodes is time, you just let your plant grow and branch, and then you have more nodes.  I don't understand where you came up with needing "50% of the leaves on your plant", I routinely hack my moms to shit because they get too big, I've cut way more then 50% of my growth off almost every time I do it with no ill effects.  The plant may stall a day or two, but then bounces back with vigor.  You really don't need much in order to keep a plant going, look at what people do when they reveg plants.

So that's it really.  To keep a mom just take plant, apply constant light, top or train to maximize space and clone site potential, water as needed.  The only way it could get easier is to have someone else do the work for you.

Thinkin he is confusing this with how to take from a mother

--------------------
The monster is always in us...

you are smart baby!
cept for when youre really high...then you turn into my other boyfriend dippy.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #531880 - 03/01/11 06:14 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

I'm not looking to Bonsai a mother or any other fancy shit,,,,I'm just keeping it as simple as possible right now.

Bonsai is not difficult really, all you need to do to bonsai a plant is use a small container, train out some main branches, then trim and trim and trim and trim.  Hell most of the work done with bonsai plants is what you end up doing with moms anyways, the trick to a bonsai is keeping the root system small.

With my current moms I can pull from 30-60 clones a month if I wanted.  I throw away grocery bags full of clippings each month.  No effort needed save for watering and the random haircut here and there.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Re: Mother Question *DELETED* [Re: coda]
    #531892 - 03/01/11 06:37 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#532195 - 03/02/11 11:22 AM (13 years, 29 days ago)

you could hook up a make shift drip system on the bitch , saves work ~

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom