Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshasha
aspiring sadhu

Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: coda]
    #517236 - 01/22/11 07:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:bow2: beautiful man, how long does it usually take to dry those beasts?

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: shasha]
    #517240 - 01/22/11 07:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

6-7 days hanging, then off to the jars.  I might let them sit in paper bags for 12 hours again after the first 24 in the jar.  Just depends on how moist they are when I crack the jars open again.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #517494 - 01/23/11 11:14 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Just a small update.  I dumped out the buckets today to check out the root system.  My thoughts were definitely confirmed.  AN's feeding schedule is just way to strong.  When I followed it to a T my entire root system was burned out and there was so much salt left over that they sparkled in the light.  This time all the roots on the outside of bucket were still a little too tan for my liking, but, the inner root ball was pure white and there were no sparkles. 

I don't think I will be using Advanced Nutrients products again.  Next grow I will hopefully trying out GH's new line FloraDuo.  If I can't get a hold of that I'll go to the ol' reliable Flora series.

--------------------

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
    #517561 - 01/23/11 02:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:awehigh: :awethumb: Very nice man, how tall were they before you cut them down?

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: DRAGON]
    #517576 - 01/23/11 03:32 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

id say right around 2-2.5 ft.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #517840 - 01/23/11 10:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Cant go wrong with GH.

Ill have to check out the FloraDuo I haven't heard of it yet.

I had some AN nutes after a while start smelling like ammonia. Not a good thing.

Looks good though man :smile:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk #1 Log (moved) [Re: Dephect]
    #518253 - 01/24/11 06:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I had some AN nutes after a while start smelling like ammonia. Not a good thing.

Actually if you read their FAQ they say that it can be normal for some of their nutrient lines to start smelling like ammonia after a while :shrug:.

I'm with you though, I wouldn't feed my plants something that smelled like that either.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #518485 - 01/24/11 09:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I never really realized it was a mentioned thing? There was something definitely hindering my plants at the time and I got rid of the AN as soon as I noticed it was smelling like that (Mother Earth Super Tea) and got some GH FN and everything cleared up ha.

After some research I am interested in that FloraDuo. They sell it on Amazon you know and I have bought nutes of amazon before with great convenience. Specifically the 8oz Floralicious + so I didn't have to pay $50 for a full quart.

Mainly from what I read with its new Bio Activators its the shit and it helps prevent root rot and pest invasions which are problems I have been dealing with.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #518505 - 01/24/11 09:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yah, I could order from amazon or someone else if I needed.  Guess I prefer supporting the local shop.  Usually whatever I end up saving buying online I make up for in shipping, so nutrient costs remain relatively the same.  Other things I can haggle over and I usually get a good deal, won't be buying another ballast from them though thats for sure lol.  I'll be going up there this weekend, my plan is to kick off the next harvest next weekend.  So hopefully they can have some in for me by then.

Quote:

I never really realized it was a mentioned thing?

Neither did I, just managed to go through it one day and noticed it myself.  Like I said though, I'd do the same thing you did and ditch it.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #518810 - 01/25/11 02:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

For sure. Yeah I usually support my new favorite local store too. End of the year sale bought a new 600w system with a Daystar AC for like $280. They always have great deals. I think the FloraDuo is so new though they don't have it at my store yet. But tis is the new year.

AN is over hyped in my opinion, not a lot of good has come out of that over priced junk for me ever. GH is my favorite company hands down, simple and easy, always brings my pH down to 5-7 depending on how strong the solution is. No ammonia smells, some of my bloom boosters even have a sugary smell like Liquid Kool Bloom and FloraNectar which in turn make the plants bring out their aroma more.

Anyways I just smoke a few dabs of BHO and I am ranting at this point.

Good day sir.

:bongload:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #518923 - 01/25/11 05:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Funny, I've actually had a little bit easier of a time keeping my pH in the right range with the AN stuff over GH.  That was probably the most redeeming quality of the stuff.  Every watering was 1 ml of pH down to get me to 5.8-6.0.  I did enjoy the liquidity of the nutrients, but I can get that with other brands.  Flora Nova is just especially thick, good stuff, but a PITA to work with.

The bud candy didn't smell bad.  I had a bottle of liquid koolbloom but I would not be one to call that stuff sugary :wink: Still have like 40 lbs of dry kool bloom too lol.  I bought that bag last year and I think it will last me 20 more. I'll probably start using it again when I use GH's stuff again, don't really enjoy mixing lines especially if I'm trying to get a feel for how well they perform.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #519136 - 01/26/11 01:32 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

When the AN started smelling like ammonia my pH was still up around 9-10. I have always had a indicator but it was green/teal. Of course I didn't use that much AN nutrients but still. Flora Nova is indeed thick. My mix around 5ml FN Grow/Bloom + 1ml Floralicious plus brings it down to 6. Its when I start going over that line and adding more nutrients, the pH gets lower but its not that hard to work with. Usually .5ml-1ml of pH up will bring it up.

If you don't think the LKB is sugary then you should pick up a bottle of FloraNectar or the new Pineapple Rush version. This stuff is so sweet and makes your plants build up trichomes via 3rd - 4th week of flowering seriously, my leaves were covered at the 4th week and continue to build up. I gave my friend some of the same cut of the strains I have and he doesn't use the Nectar and we can tell the difference in trichome production and smell at certain stages of flowering :smile:
Its made up of molasses and sugars that the plant can easily digest.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #519368 - 01/26/11 05:24 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sweet, I'll look into that.  Bud candy was ok (i guess), nothing that made me want to run out and buy a bottle though.  Then again I've never been impressed with any type of carb/sugar supplement.

Final Dry weight ~7 ozs.  Disappointing that I can't seem to do much better then an oz per plant with this strain.  I know it's not the heaviest yielder, but sheesh, one of my kushberry plants of the same height put out 3 ozs in a single plant.  I knew this harvest wasn't going to be the best, but I was hoping i'd squeeze another oz out.  Oh well, I have way more then I'll need until next harvest :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds