Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

hempy question
    #513293 - 01/12/11 07:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have been reading alot about Hempy buckets and very interested in doing a HB grow. Im experienced with soilless mixes, but im wondering what restrictions in regards to HB s do i have to deal with. Is any soilless mix okay? I have considered 3 parts coco, 2 parts perlite, 1 part wormcastings, 1 part verm and dolo lime 1.5 tbs/gal mix. I have saw 50/50 coco and perlite, 4 parts perlite and 1 part verm, and a few other ratios with peat and turface. so wondering if my mix would be okay?

--------------------
*constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ~ jerry garcia*

Mad Capper's Moonshine Tek under construction lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: hempy question [Re: mad capper]
    #513405 - 01/13/11 03:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Dolomite lime doesn't really have a place in soilless. (Perlite, Coco, pumice, vermiculite etc) since you don't need to buffer the nutrients. Dolomite is useful with peat because peat is very acidic and decays rather rapidly esp when in a container under our watering conditions. If you can merit the use of dolomite lime because of your worm casting addition I wouldn't use more than 2tbsp/gal of humus rich substrate ie. peat, worm castings, etc but it's not necessary at all since worm castings aren't as acidic as peat and the 4perlite:1peat ratio works fine with no dolomite as the nutrients buffer pH.

Soil being lacking humus or decaying organic matter. By that definition peat isn't very soil less at all. I'm comfortable calling peat dirt/soil at this point.

FWIW, Hempy uses coco over a perlite reservoir now. You can alter the mix any way you like it will just involve some dialing in. I'd definitely cut the dolomite.

Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

Re: hempy question [Re: maryanne3087]
    #513424 - 01/13/11 05:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thanks so much very helpful. Im going to sub peat with coco anyway so i wont worry about the lime, easier for me lol!!

--------------------
*constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ~ jerry garcia*

Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

Re: hempy question [Re: maryanne3087]
    #513439 - 01/13/11 07:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Also what are your thoughts on Nitron A 35 and superthrive? I feel like the Nitron is effective . As for superthrive i dont know much definitively and cant get much info on if its snake oil or not. I started using it back in the 90 s after seeing a few guys in High Times using it and out of habit i just add it with my nutes.

--------------------

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #513453 - 01/13/11 07:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

What is Nitron A 35?

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #513534 - 01/14/11 01:16 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mad capper said:
Also what are your thoughts on Nitron A 35 and superthrive? I feel like the Nitron is effective . As for superthrive i dont know much definitively and cant get much info on if its snake oil or not. I started using it back in the 90 s after seeing a few guys in High Times using it and out of habit i just add it with my nutes.

I don't know how I feel about Superthrive. I definitely don't have anything useful or intelligent to say about it. I use it because it's cheap and I know NAA will reduce transplant shock. It's also supposed to contain useful amounts of vitamins, etc but I think I'm going to run it against straight NAA solution at equal concentrations if I can figure out what that is to see if there's any difference. There's some usefulness when using Superthrive and it can be a sure shot that NAA is useful for reducing transplant shock but all the other claims no one is really sure of it seems. It's cheap enough that I don't really care right now, I know a guy who doesn't use anything he isnt sure is beneficial in some way to his garden and isn't one to double up on useless products and he buys the stuff by the fucking gallon so believe me when I say a lot of the snakeoil hate on Superthrive is from people who don't really do thinking on their own and just hop on hate wagons.

The question you're looking for is "Is Superthrive anything more than NAA?"

I don't know the other product, sorry.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder