Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShrew
Knife Hitter
Male

Quick Question about NPK throughout flowering?
    #488353 - 10/16/10 12:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Are there any charts or can someone explain to me, the levels of NPK throughout the flowering cycle... i understand that the first 2 weeks you cut the Nitrogen way down, then for weeks 3 and 4 you bring the Nitrogen back in... then take it away again. but is there any charts explaining like ALL of the Beneficial Micro-nutes and minerals and vitamins that are beneficial and at which stages...

just wondering for expansion of the mind.

reply and discussion greatly appreciated

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Quick Question about NPK throughout flowering? [Re: Shrew]
    #488401 - 10/16/10 10:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Where are you reading about the bouncing the nitrogen back and forth?

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineShrew
Knife Hitter
Male

Re: Quick Question about NPK throughout flowering? [Re: DieselB]
    #489562 - 10/19/10 07:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

fox farms soil feeding chart...

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#489576 - 10/19/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, I see what you're talking about, you are making ASSumptions though, just because the Grow Big has high nitrogen does not mean its only function is to add nitrogen. There are many components within it that may benefit at different stages of plant life.

If you look at most feeding schedules and avergae them out, they start with seedlings and start working the nitrogen up. Get to a comfortable level and sustain until flowering, where generally you will bring the nitrogen level down a good bit and keep it there. You wouldn't raise the level again unless the plants are asking for it.

That being said, I'm not advising you deviate from your schedule, I'm just saying what you're reading is Fox Farm's approach for whats contained in their product line, which basically means you can't analyze for one part of the NPK, you have to look at the whole picture. Fox Farm gives that schedule for how their nutes work. Not what cannabis requires in general.

--------------------

OfflineShrew
Knife Hitter
Male

#489789 - 10/20/10 01:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Okay.  that makes sense... but I'm still wondering if there is (or we could possibly all collaborate and create one) A feeding Chart Specifically for the plant we all love. not only mentioning the NPK but ALL of the beneficial possibilities throughout the life cycle.

--------------------

Offlinelifemaker
Stranger

#489889 - 10/20/10 06:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well

i just cut down the information in the soil nutrients thread so that it is a tad more userfriendly and doesn't talk about corn or legumes. it's in there

it says what conditions trace elements prefer, what their function is, how to detect defficiency, and some more. might not be what you're looking for though, otherwise google trace elements

OfflineShrew
Knife Hitter
Male

Re: Quick Question about NPK throughout flowering? [Re: lifemaker]
    #489904 - 10/20/10 07:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That was somewhat helpful... re-reading the Understanding soil nutrients thing. Where you dumbed it down didn't make much difference for me.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#489979 - 10/20/10 10:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shrew said:
Okay.  that makes sense... but I'm still wondering if there is (or we could possibly all collaborate and create one) A feeding Chart Specifically for the plant we all love. not only mentioning the NPK but ALL of the beneficial possibilities throughout the life cycle.

Yeah, I agree, that would be nice. Would certainly help a lot of people fine tune their grows. The only potential problem I see, is different strains tend to like different amounts of different things. For instance, say you are growing two plants side by side that are completely different strains. You feed both of them the same nutrient mixture, well its possible for one of the plants to have a deficiency and the other be healthy as a horse.

If enough educated people came together, I'm sure it could be done, and a strain specific guide would be the cat's pajamas.

Here's something that will give you some good info on nutrients, its mainly about ph, but it covers a lot. (Yes it was written by AN, but there is honestly some really good information to it.) Ph Manifesto

--------------------

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

#490022 - 10/21/10 07:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

wow thats a great article diesel, i really like the idea about balancing the anions and cations to keep your pH in check like that.

after reading that i feel like i should be using AN's base nutrients now

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Quick Question about NPK throughout flowering? [Re: boomsaway]
    #490931 - 10/24/10 12:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So, I totally need to reread that article when I haven't been smoking for hours on end after a long day at work... Lol

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals