Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJ-H
Stranger
Glycerine tincture - White Widow
    #453763 - 07/31/10 09:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I Recently tried some of this from the club and it had a very small affect on me, even after I tried half a droppers worth. The guy told me 1-2 drops is enough. I thought this strange because edibles MESS me up big time if i even eat a small amount. The only thing i can think of is that i had a eaten a couple of edibles earlier in the week and maybe that increased my tolerance somehow. Has anyone else noticed less of an effect with tinctures? Is it the norm? I thought about letting it absorb under my tongue (swallowing makes it pass through the liver before hitting the bloodstream) but the stuff is so thick it would probably take hours for it to absorb.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethe man

Re: Glycerine tincture - White Widow [Re: J-H]
    #453944 - 08/01/10 01:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well THC is natoriosly not very soluble in glycerine. if they did not take the time and care in eh exraction it could very well be weak. dosage perhaps based on starting material and finished amount of glycerine which of course could be way off. that combined with perhaps a raised tolerance is why your experience was wigity wack. also you want to take edibles with fatty food like a glass of whole milk or something. whats in your stomach, IME, can make 2X if not 3x change in effects.

Offlinewholesheet
Stranger
Re: Glycerine tincture - White Widow [Re: the man]
    #454602 - 08/03/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

green dragon seems to be the best i found... glycerine is to thick and sweet.. now maybe mixem together.. and have a sweet dragon lol

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Glycerine tincture - White Widow [Re: wholesheet]
    #458748 - 08/12/10 10:50 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I tried to make a glycerin tinc once.  I had no idea how to strain it so I ended up just eating all of it after 2 months of soaking.  Not worth the effort.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Glycerine tincture - White Widow [Re: SmOakland]
    #476303 - 09/12/10 07:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I took propylene glycol and tried an extract about a year ago.

It did seem to take some thc the end result was a yellow liquid. The method I used for using it was with an e-cig. It did not seem to vape well, but the ecig was an old model which didn't vape well anyways causing me not to be able to get much vapor and only a very light high.

I could see a glycerine/propylene glycol extraction working with an ecig decently if done properly with some practice doing it. It is something I will be running more tests on in the next 6 months or so since the new ecigs are a lot better at vaping than the old ones.

Heat seems to speed the process of this type of extraction. The method I used was a coffee cup full of water, put into the microwave, then take the glycerin/pg in a separate bottle and put that inside the hot water to cause the smaller bottle/vial of pg/glycerin to get heated.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Invisibledoublehelix
Bodhisativa

Re: Glycerine tincture - White Widow [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #497671 - 11/13/10 10:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:awesomenod:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains