Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestarrider

Material to be used for Hash making??????
    #373184 - 02/25/10 05:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I looked through the posts on Hash makuing and didn't see anything on how long you can keep the trim of your plant? Let's say that you have a small crop,two or three plants, and you dry your trim. Can you keep the trim in a sealed container and when you have enough, make hash from that? or do you have to use fresh trim to make hash?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: Material to be used for Hash making?????? [Re: starrider]
    #373199 - 02/25/10 07:26 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

it depends on the method your using, some methods require fresh some require dried some require frozen fresh some require frozen dried.... research more into the method you intend to use would be my suggestion, a google search of the method your using would probably suffice

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Material to be used for Hash making?????? [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #374272 - 02/26/10 06:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yes, you can save it.  I'm sure it'll last for years.  If you can keep seeds viable for years why not the trichomes?  I would store them in bags in the freezer, not vacuum sealed.  the vacuum sealing would surely break off a lot of trich stalks and heads.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
    #383130 - 03/13/10 08:19 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I realize this thread is a little old.

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:
it depends on the method your using, some methods require fresh some require dried some require frozen fresh some require frozen dried.... research more into the method you intend to use would be my suggestion, a google search of the method your using would probably suffice

:thumbup:

Just an example here is I am using dried leaf yeah honey trip and fan leaf both.  It has been in a black garbage bag for at least 6 months.  I just dry sift it for the best results.  I was using bubble bags.  I found I got better results in both quality and quantity with a home made pollen shaker box made of gladware and a 25 micron silk screen.  I didn't notice any major difference between frozen and room temperature material.

--------------------

Invisiblestarrider

Re: Material to be used for Hash making?????? [Re: chucklehead]
    #469986 - 08/30/10 01:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you for the info. I was just looking old posts in the Hash section and came across my old post. The reason I assked this question is because I have a small grow and don't feel that I will produce a lot of scuff and other trimmimngs to truely make hash, at leats not a lot.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Material to be used for Hash making?????? [Re: starrider]
    #470034 - 08/30/10 02:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

starrider said:
Thank you for the info. I was just looking old posts in the Hash section and came across my old post. The reason I assked this question is because I have a small grow and don't feel that I will produce a lot of scuff and other trimmimngs to truely make hash, at leats not a lot.

Make butane hash oil.  It seems to be the most efficient aka good for micro grows.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #470296 - 08/31/10 09:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:

What methods require fresh or frozen fresh trim? That sounds rather stupid to me.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Material to be used for Hash making?????? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #470498 - 08/31/10 05:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

No method requires that you freeze your trim, but ice separation methods work better if the resin glands are more brittle.

No need to freeze if you're planning on doing a solvent extraction, but if you want to make some bubble or dry sieve hash, it sure does help.

Quote:

The reason I assked this question is because I have a small grow and don't feel that I will produce a lot of scuff and other trimmimngs to truely make hash, at leats not a lot.

Well, regardless of the method you choose the more trim you have the more hash you get.  Expect about a 10-15% return, so an oz of good trim has the potential to give you between 2 and 4.2 grams of hash.  Obviously the better quality trim/buds you use, the better and more hash you receive at the end.  Solvent runs probably aren't the bet bet for smaller runs, however if potency is more important then total yield I would go with a solvent.  You'll receive less, but it's a much more concentrated form so you end up smoking less (unless you're a fiend like I am hehehe).

Personally, if you're just doing a bunch of small grows, I'd save up the trim until you had a couple zips to play with.  It will give you a better chance at success and more to smoke.  I'm jarring my last harvests trim to use for a big bubble hash run when I finish my next run, I'm hoping to have at least 5-6 oz's of material to use.  As much as I like my hash, being able to only get an 1/8 or so per harvest is just a tease.  I'd much rather save up my trim and grab 10-12 grams per run then a bunch of smaller amounts.

:smile:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Material to be used for Hash making?????? [Re: coda]
    #470816 - 09/01/10 11:22 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I was more curious about his distinction between fresh and dried trim. My understanding is it's always better to use dried trim vs fresh trim.

Why would I need fresh trim instead of dried trim for whatever method?
Why would I need fresh frozen trim instead of dried frozen trim?

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Material to be used for Hash making?????? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #470848 - 09/01/10 02:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

there is a method where you take fresh trim and just dunk it in isoprop for a second then pull it out and dry it off.  it is a shitty hash tec but it is fast and easy and you dont have to wait for the leaf to dry.  i dont know about fresh frozen.  I think you can make bubble with fresh frozen?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Material to be used for Hash making?????? [Re: SmOakland]
    #470919 - 09/01/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Why would I need fresh trim instead of dried trim for whatever method?
Why would I need fresh frozen trim instead of dried frozen trim?

Answer to both questions is....you wouldn't.

Fresh trim can be used in ice separation methods provided you freeze it first, however at this point you're going to leach out a bunch of chlorophyll and you won't pull as much.

Fresh trim in any other message would leach both water and chlorophyll into your grow.  I would always advise to dry the trim for at least a week before attempting to use it, besides being quicker I don't know why people would use fresh trim.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies