Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana * 5
    #470090 - 08/30/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

California voters will soon be going to the polls to make a statement on the personal use of cannabis.  If you live in California, please make sure to vote.
If you know someone who lives in California, please give them a call or send them an email encouraging them to support this important piece of legislation.

Here is a portion of a fairly gentle post I submitted elsewhere to people who have been arguing against Proposition 19.
If you frequent other websites and see people fighting against this legalization, consider posting the following in response:

Quote:

Prohibition does not work. There is no denying that a demand for marijuana exists, and that it cannot be eliminated simply because we make the marijuana illegal. People will find a way to procure their substance of choice, so wouldn't it be better to take the marijuana industry out of the hands of the black market? In doing so, we will undoubtedly see flat to decreased use amongst adolescents, as the substance will not be as popular amongst illicit drug dealers since the exorbitant profit margin will collapse, and kids will have a hard time buying from vendors that ask for proof of age.

Furthermore, law enforcement can quit wasting their time feeding the prison industrial complex by pursuing non-violent crimes related to marijuana, and can instead focus on the crimes that are actually hurting people. This should help reverse the disgusting fact that our country has the highest percentage of incarcerated citizens out of any country on this entire planet, which will save our state and local government much needed money; all while preserving a harmless personal freedom.

Not withstanding the fact that marijuana is substantially less toxic than alcohol (and non-addicting), it is up to adults to make responsible decisions as to how much they will use, just as they do with any other intoxicating substance. Attempting to police morality and personal choice is simply wrong. We need to take a more realistic stance on drug use in this country. People will do it regardless of its legal status. Control the substance, thereby making it as safe as possible for the consumer, while generating additional tax revenue that would otherwise be lost to criminal enterprise, and help curb the incredible waste in the criminal justice system that arises out of these absolutely futile prohibitionary laws.

If you really want to get involved, consider making calls to young absentee voters in California from your own phone at your leisure.
It's really easy to do, and after the first few calls it's total cake!  Just be relaxed and respectful, these are normal people.
In fact, most of the calls you'll make through JustSayNow will go straight to answering machine.

Here's the script I wrote for myself:
Quote:

Hi ____,

My name is ____ and I'm calling because I see that you are registered to vote as an
absentee and I just want to make sure that you and everyone else in your household
will in fact vote by tomorrow.

I apologize if you've already received calls about this, but I'm really just trying
to get people to support Proposition 19, the legalize, tax and regulate marijuana
initiative.  Prop 19 is designed to treat marijuana pretty much the same as alcohol,
which will allow the police and our criminal justice system to focus on violent
crimes instead of the non-violent crimes.

This will in turn reduce the prison population which is already WAY over capacity,
and should even generate some solid tax revenue for the state and local governments.

Prop 19 is really aimed at protecting consumers while reducing the profits obtained
by illegal drug dealers.

I mean, there IS a demand for marijuana in this country, and for 70 years marijuana
prohibition has done NOTHING to reduce that demand.

But I'll tell you, tons of money has been wasted all while taking away freedom from
the people who get caught using or growing this substance; a substance that
incidentally, is less toxic than alcohol AND non-addicting.

Just to clear up some misconceptions, this will not make it legal to drive under the
influence.  If a pot user is pulled over while driving and fails a field sobriety
test, they will have their car impounded and they will have to face the consequences
through the court system.

What Prop 19 will do is preserve personal freedom for responsible adults while
cleaning up some of the waste in our criminal justice system.

So I thank you for hearing me out and if you haven't voted already, please make sure
that you do, and please support prop 19!

Take care and have a nice day.

The race is very tight, but there is definitely a real chance of this passing. :gethigh:
It would be a significant step toward getting federal prohibition repealed!

www.thenewleaf.org :ganja: www.yeson19.com

// Original post submitted August 30, 2010:

Friends of cannabis!

The People of the State of California will present Proposition 19 on this November's election ballot and I would urge everyone to make sure that you are registered to vote (and if you are not, you can fill out/print/mail this registration form) in order to participate in this November's election.

The deal:
  • Proposition 19 - The Regulate, Control and Tax Cannabis Act of 2010
    Allows people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use. Permits local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of marijuana to people 21 years old or older. Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using it in public, smoking it while minors are present, or providing it to anyone under 21 years old. Maintains current prohibitions against driving while impaired.

Summary of estimated fiscal impact:
    Savings of up to several tens of millions of dollars annually to state and local governments on the costs of incarcerating and supervising certain marijuana offenders. Unknown but potentially major tax, fee, and benefit assessment revenues to state and local government related to the production and sale of marijuana products.

M'lady and I attended the "Know Your Rights" expo in Anaheim this past weekend, and it was disappointing to see the low turnout and predominantly sales-oriented roster of attendees.  However, we did get to listen to some informative speakers, both for and against the proposition (including Judge Jim Gray, whom you may remember from some of my older spam!).

I would greatly prefer this proposition to be as simple as "removing all existing laws pertaining to marijuana."  But in reality, this type of legislation has little chance of passing unless the public can be assured that it will help to prevent children from having ready access to the substance, while simultaneously ensuring the integrity of the product available to adults.  Sadly, I don't believe that the issue of non-violent citizens being sent to jail and their families as a result being extremely strained carries enough weight by itself... even though this issue is at the heart of law enforcement expenses that have helped to send our state's budget into dire straits, in addition to making our country one which houses 5% of the total world population but 25% of the world's prisoners!

I wish we didn't have to offer the concession of instituting a sin tax upon marijuana (akin to alcohol and tobacco), which seems likely to happen given the way that Prop 19 has been worded.  Nevertheless, I am happy to support legislation that works toward reducing the atrocities that have been committed against so many non-violent citizens on account of our perversely harmful and antiquated prohibition drug laws.

There is a demand for cannabis in this country.  Criminalizing the substance has done nothing to stop it, yet has been responsible for wasting unbelievable billions of dollars while ruining the lives of millions of normal people like you and me.  In two words, it's fucked!

Let's do something about it.  Please help encourage sensible drug policy.

On October 6th, I sent out this email to all of my friends and family, and would encourage you to do the same:

Quote:

Friends & Family!

I just wanted to take a moment to encourage everyone to speak with their own friends and families about this important issue.

Voting against Proposition 19 would maintain a status quo that directly hurts tens of thousands of people in California every year who face legal consequences on account of the prohibitionary laws governing their personal use of marijuana.  It is an absolute travesty that our financially strapped state has been forced to continue this strain on our entire criminal justice system, just to hunt down and prosecute non-violent marijuana offenders.  Our state legislature recognized this fact when Governor Schwarzenegger signed SB 1449 into law last week, effectively reducing the penalty for public use of pot from a misdemeanor (requiring a court appearance and criminal record) to an infraction (which is the same class as a parking ticket - no court appearance, no court costs, and no criminal record).

Beyond that, people who fear these laws against cannabis will often turn to less safe legal alternatives such as the synthetic JWH compounds found in K2 and Spice over the counter herbal blends, which have been reported to produce adverse health affects and have a very short history of use.  Untainted marijuana on the other hand is extremely low in toxicity and holds a long history of safe use.

Please remember to vote yes on Proposition 19, and forward this email to family and friends who may have a misunderstanding of the real issues here.  The latest polls are showing passable support for proposition 19, but the only poll that matters is the one on November 2nd!

Some interesting and related commentary:

I hope everyone is enjoying the rain!

Thanks for reading,
~Mike

Conservative Television Commentators Share Their Thoughts...

Retired New Jersey State Trooper Shares His Thoughts...

Retired California Conservative Judge Shares His Thoughts...

More From the Judge Jim Gray...

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Edited by geokills (11/01/10 12:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: geokills]
    #470093 - 08/30/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:sun:
Too bad im not in Cali.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #470206 - 08/30/10 11:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Too bad im not in Cali.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Inverted]
    #470219 - 08/31/10 12:11 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Too bad im not in Cali.

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: FRACTALife]
    #470229 - 08/31/10 12:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Too bad I'm not in AMERIKA.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: T-Rex]
    #470233 - 08/31/10 01:25 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Who fucking cares if you are in Cali or not? I mean not to insult anyone but I wouldn't like being in California for a while while they get all the "bugs" worked out of this plan. I'm glad that it's finally coming to the point where it might be legalized. But I'm sure they are going to do something weird with it. Also look at how many states have picked up Medical Marijuana, sooner or later (if California legalizes Cannabis) most other states will follow. I would rather be in my own state fighting for legalizing Marijuana completely than to move out to California. Since it should be legal anyways I cant wait till some statistics come from California legalizing Marijuana to come out. It will show everyone that people who partake in smoking Cannabis aren't bad people. And also it will show that it can be a positive thing rather than a negative thing. Not to insult anyone that said "I wish I was in Cali" but I'm just saying it's going to be interesting seeing what comes of this law if it happens. And if it does happen I'm going to be excited to see all the stats from it.

Also, I'm wondering what Obama is going to do....if anything. I mean he says that he "semi-supports" it but if this happens, I wonder if he is going to jump on board or jump ship.

Interesting times we live in right?

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Mr. Kite]
    #470234 - 08/31/10 01:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That's one thing I can agree with, I'm glad I'm alive to see this new chapter of history begin. Looking forward to laughing with my grand kids over a joint on how bud used to be illegal back when everyone was crazy.:jah:

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: T-Rex] * 1
    #470307 - 08/31/10 09:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Mr.Kite. I think they were saying to bad they do not live in cali is because they can not vote to help them out, did you think that might be what they were saying?

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Kilroy]
    #470319 - 08/31/10 10:35 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Not to insult anyone that said "I wish I was in Cali

I said "Too bad Im not in Cali" not "I wish I was in cali" because I cant vote for this and help make it happen,
I would never move out there, I dont want to, im fine here.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #470330 - 08/31/10 11:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

lol sorry drunken rant last night.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#470529 - 08/31/10 05:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ill be pissed if cali stoners fuck this up.

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

#470780 - 09/01/10 08:57 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Kite said:

Also, I'm wondering what Obama is going to do....if anything. I mean he says that he "semi-supports" it but if this happens, I wonder if he is going to jump on board or jump ship.

I don't believe Obama would move in opposition if Californians were to pass Prop 19.  Keep in mind that the following election cycle will include his name on the ballot!  As a savvy politician, it seems highly unlikely that he would jeopardize his California votes by stomping all over state law, particularly as he has already expressed the idea that marijuana is not a big deal.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#470825 - 09/01/10 12:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

But not opposing it would make people who dont support legalization of Cannabis vote against him.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

#470842 - 09/01/10 01:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Not necessarily.

Obama isn't going to come out and press for federal legalization before his election.  If he did, then that would be something that might piss off a lot of voters in states outside of California.  But so long as the matter is relegated to California pursuing its own legal cannabis structure, Obama doesn't have to say anything on the subject.  At most if he were pressed, he might simply state that "there are more important issues to deal with or to use federal resources on, than worrying about someone smoking a joint in a private space."

This ambiguity would be unlikely to turn other states against him just because he is not actively spending federal money to bust up the new pot shops on the west coast.  Indeed, true right wingers may actually admire the fact that the President isn't interfering in state affairs.  Afterall, a traditional conservative would want the federal government to have less reach, handing over more control to local governments so they can make laws that are close to and therefore likely to be better for the people that they govern.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#470843 - 09/01/10 01:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If California passes a law making Marijuana legal in the whole state, you can bet that it's going to get a lot of press. The more press there is, the more that Obama is going to be called upon to make statements (or to do something about it). I can see this going either way. Although I do think a lot of people are scared of a plant now because their government has been preaching them bullshit all of their lives.

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #471034 - 09/01/10 08:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Anybody who does not want Prop 19 to pass because of little intricacies of the law clearly know nothing about laws and how they are passed.  All these morons in CA who are objecting to little details in the law have clearly never taken a class on government or done any significant research into the system by which these propositions are passed in CA.

Offlinelucas_southoz
Australian
Male

#471041 - 09/01/10 09:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Too bad I'm not in AMERIKA.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: lucas_southoz]
    #476678 - 09/13/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

care to make this a global announcement?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #476682 - 09/13/10 06:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I just stickied it, but it wont let me make it Global.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #476781 - 09/13/10 10:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I think it will pass. But it will take a while before everything gets milled over. Shit..... out here in maine we passed LD 1811 for dispensaries and we're nearly a yr into it with not ONE dispensary up and running. They're estimating sometime in Jan of '11 for the first shop.  I wonder how long it will take before it's official for cali....when prop 19 passes of course.  My guess is 2 yrs.

Sending good vibes to all you guys out west. You're all gonna make history and we'll be watching.  :gethigh:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #477008 - 09/14/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cops Say Yes to California Marijuana Legalization Measure
StoptheDrugWar / Phillip Smith / 09,13,2010

It was a law enforcement trifecta in support of California's Proposition 19 Monday, with a phalanx of police, prosecutors, and judges coming out in support of the marijuana legalization initiative in a pair of early morning press conferences in Oakland and Los Angeles and a teleconference later in the day for those unable to attend the live events. The endorsements come with Prop 19 in a very tight race and Election Day just seven weeks away.

While, unsurprisingly, a large number of California law enforcement officials have come out in opposition to Prop 19, Monday's events were designed to show that law enforcement opposition to marijuana legalization is by no means monolithic. Organizers of the events also released a letter endorsing Prop 19 signed by dozens of current and former law enforcement officials.

"As police officers, judges, prosecutors, corrections officials and others who have labored to enforce the laws that seek to prohibit cannabis (marijuana) use, and who have witnessed the abysmal failure of this current criminalization approach, we stand together in calling for new laws that will effectively control and tax cannabis," the letter read. "As criminal justice professionals, we have seen with our own eyes that keeping cannabis illegal damages public safety -- for cannabis consumers and non-consumers alike. We've also seen that prohibition sometimes has tragic consequences for the law enforcers charged with putting their lives on the line to enforce it. The only groups that benefit from continuing to keep marijuana illegal are the violent gangs and cartels that control its distribution and reap immense profits from it through the black market. If California's voters make the sensible decision to effectively control and tax cannabis this November, it will eliminate illegal marijuana distribution networks, just as ending alcohol prohibition put a stop to violent and corrupting gangsters' control of beer, wine and liquor sales."

The same themes were reprised in the three press conferences Monday. "I was with the LAPD when Nixon declared the 'War on Drugs' over 40 years ago and was one of the 'generals' on the front lines who helped implement that same failed drug policy that is still in effect today," said Stephen Downing, a retired deputy chief of police with the LAPD who is now a speaker with the group Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP). "During my career, I not only saw the ineffectiveness of our marijuana laws up close but also witnessed the harm our prohibition approach inflicts on public safety. By keeping marijuana illegal, we aren't preventing anyone from using it. The only results are billions of tax-free dollars being funneled into the pockets of bloodthirsty drug cartels and gangs who control the illegal market."

Former LAPD sergeant and Los Angeles County deputy district attorney William John Cox added, "This November, Californians finally have a chance to flip the equation and put drug cartels out of business, while restoring public respect for the criminal laws and their enforcement by passing Proposition 19 to control and regulate marijuana."

"This is a very, very good opportunity to increase safety on our streets and highways, get officers out of drug law enforcement and back on patrol," said LEAP executive director Neill Franklin, a now retired 34-year law enforcement veteran. "In addition, it will give up more cops on the streets to focus on drunk and drugged driving. All of our police officers are trained in drug recognition,and this is an opportunity to get more cops out stopping vehicles and checking for those who are driving impaired."

Former San Jose police Chief Joseph McNamara, now a research fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institute, also took to the podium in support of Prop 19. "I've been studying drugs for years," he said, relating how he rose through the ranks of the NYPD before becoming chief in Kansas City and then San Jose. "We learned pretty quickly in New York that the people we were arresting were low-level offenders. All the arrests weren't doing any good. As cops, we felt the community would be better off if we were arresting robbers, burglars, and rapists. Enforcing prohibition took us away from protecting people on our beat," he said.

"I signed onto Prop 19 because I think it is a real opportunity for the voters to eliminate somewhere between 40 million and 200 million crimes overnight by making legal behavior that is today wasting so many law enforcement resources," McNamara continued. "Prohibition hasn't reduced the use of marijuana, and it also produces enormous funding for the cartels and the drug gangs. And violence, not because people are getting stoned on marijuana, but by the whole gangster syndrome that exists with prohibition driving prices up."

Passage of Prop 19 would be a "game changer," McNamara said. He challenged the media, which has been closely scrutinizing the measure, to apply the same rigorous evaluation to marijuana prohibition itself. "They are ignoring the details of the status quo," he said. "What do we have with this costly war against marijuana?" he asked. "Widespread violence, more use than if it were manufactured legally, and tremendous disrespect for the law."

Former federal prosecutor and California Superior Court Judge James Gray also spoke in support of Prop 19. "I was basically a drug warrior until I saw that the tougher we get with regard to nonviolent drug offenses, the softer we get with everything else because we only have so many resources in the criminal justice system," he said.

Gray also addressed the opposition's "what about the kids" argument by turning it on its head. "We are corrupting our children, not because of marijuana, but because of marijuana prohibition," he argued. "We are putting our children in harm's way. Ask our young people what's harder to get, beer or marijuana, and they will tell you it's easier to get marijuana, because alcohol is regulated and controlled by the government, and illegal marijuana dealers don't ask for ID."

Calling the Prop 19 vote "probably the most important election of my lifetime," Gray said the voters are ahead of the politicians. "I think we have a pretty good chance of doing something good for our state and for the country by passing Prop 19," he concluded.

Monday's law enforcement endorsements are just the latest in a long and ever-growing list of people and organizations lining up to support the measure, including labor unions, the National Black Police Association, the NAACP, doctors, politicians, political parties, and many more. Let's hope that list grows much longer in the remaining weeks until election day on November 2.

Just thought I'd put this here, found it on another site.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

OfflineTina
Alcoholic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Middle America
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: FRACTALife]
    #477746 - 09/15/10 08:06 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Too bad im not in Cali.

--------------------

OfflineDon King
Keep it in the Ring

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #478055 - 09/16/10 10:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Joe McNamara, a retired chief of police in San Jose, CA, and Kansas City, MO

--------------------
Only in America!

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: SmOakland]
    #478730 - 09/17/10 06:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Anybody who does not want Prop 19 to pass because of little intricacies of the law clearly know nothing about laws and how they are passed.  All these morons in CA who are objecting to little details in the law have clearly never taken a class on government or done any significant research into the system by which these propositions are passed in CA.

The people who have publicized their stance against Prop 19 unless their favorite wording or ideas are used are only trying to influence the way it is written.  People who really support legalization will fall in line after their chance to make their mark has passed.  It is like how pro-Hillary Obama-haters still stayed with their party once the primaries were over.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: FRACTALife] * 1
    #478914 - 09/18/10 05:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Too bad im not in Cali.

I can't fucking wait if it goes legal though.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #478919 - 09/18/10 05:40 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i wander if it will even be on the news outside the US. :strokebeard: im trying not to get my hopes up too much about it passing though. its going to hurt if it doesn't pass.:sad:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Shaggy420]
    #478958 - 09/18/10 09:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
i wander if it will even be on the news outside the US. :strokebeard: im trying not to get my hopes up too much about it passing though. its going to hurt if it doesn't pass.:sad:

yeah, im with you on the latter part there.  Hope for the best, expect nothing.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #479213 - 09/18/10 04:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hope for the best, expect nothing.

:awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Shaggy420] * 1
    #479290 - 09/18/10 07:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Expect everything; viva la revolution!

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #480049 - 09/20/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What I want to know, though, is what this law is going to do for the commercial aspect of it though.

See, I'm the son of an entrepreneur, through and through. I have been hustling pot since I was 17, and after 8 years, I've finally got my foot into a way to LEGALLY grow and sell pot to support my family. I'm definitely a long ways from being able to do that, honestly, but since I started growing I've been researching the law here in Washington to figure out how to exploit the maximum plant rules to maximize profits.

But growing for a medical patient and having him sell the bud back to the dispensaries doesn't require any sort of bureaucracy's fingers in it, with the requiring of permits, and namely background checks for said permits for commercial production. I got busted for selling pot almost 5 years ago, and got a felony for it. Now there's all sorts of things that I'm legally NOT ALLOWED to work at, such as a casino, or a state-licensed security job, because of regulations in these areas.

If it gets legalized to grow and sell commercially, am I going to get denied my permit simply because I was a dumb teenager who thought he knew everything?

I know here in Washington, it'll take a little while longer to get something like Prop-19 to get passed, but it'll be shortly after California does, that's for sure. I for one, hope I am at least operating at max capacity by then, and am able to at least be "grand-fathered" into these laws...

--------------------
My best run so far

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Tank333]
    #480100 - 09/20/10 08:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

If prop 19 passes and isn't overwritten/surpassed by Obama's people as being unconstitutional (which I hear is a possibility) I think it's basically to give each county of California the ability to tax and regulate it, which doesn't necessarily mean they will and from what I've heard in interviews is unlikely. Again, if this passes it seems that commercial produces will take over MMJ production, cutting out medical growers for the most part. I think something similar is going on in Oregon, where a prop is suggesting commercial production be taken over by the state, and cutting out however many mmj growers there are.

I tuned into a NORM broadcast and a expert witness of the sorts seemed to confirm my understanding of this prop. Sounds like a long shot of shooting short to me.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: maryanne3087]
    #480107 - 09/20/10 08:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
I think something similar is going on in Oregon, where a prop is suggesting commercial production be taken over by the state, and cutting out however many mmj growers there are.

Good God, that would be HORRIBLE! WTF ever happened to free enterprise, and monopolies being illegal?!?! Fucking government, man!!!

Right now there's a prop here in Washington that's trying to break the state's monopoly on liquor... I don't think it's going to make it through, though. That's too much revenue for them to let go of, even if it is wrong.

--------------------
My best run so far

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
    #480114 - 09/20/10 08:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Monopolies have been around for a long time. Think about the Spice trade, anything exported from a region before it was established in non-native countries(ie rubber), the incandescent light bulb (3 main players established it world wide). Today the main players of any industry basically create a new ball game, where the smaller players can't compete and need to play in the little league.

My favorite example of this is agriculture, corn goes for 200 bucks per 1000lbs or even 1000kilos. This makes it impossible for someone without several kilometers of land and state of the art machinery (or some sort of cost efficient slave work) to compete with those who have endless fields and state of the art machinery. The guys who have hobby farms need to target smaller markets that the big players just aren't interested in or can't apply for such as organic produce, or selling their produce at fruit stands advertised as locally grown, fresh, organic, pesticide free, vine-ripened, etc.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: maryanne3087]
    #480119 - 09/20/10 08:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, that's true, but a monopoly by the state is much worse! It goes from being pretty damn hard to compete to being ILLEGAL to compete with them... That's where I have a hard time with it.

If big corporations get involved with this, they won't be able afford the overhead to pay workers to baby and micro-manage the crops like we do. This is going to result, IMO, in the small-time growers who have been doing this for years having an advantage over the big-time corps, with the quality over quantity.

Take beer for example. Go to Germany, and there's some of the best beers in the world, all from recipes perfected decades, if not centuries, ago. The experience alone is worth the plane ticket. But on the other hand you have Anheuser-Busch, who sells millions of cans of piss water they call beer every day... It's the same product, just a difference between the desire for quality...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#480451 - 09/21/10 06:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry, I hate it when people do this.. I could only tolerate up to Kite's asinine arguments then I got frustrated and couldn't read more

When's the vote taking place?

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: ChillWillis]
    #480519 - 09/21/10 08:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

first tuesday in november.  nov 2

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#481367 - 09/23/10 04:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

what would be the best way to follow what happens, coz im pretty sure its not going to be on the news much here.

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#481405 - 09/23/10 07:16 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

This is probably your best bet for traditional news coverage:  http://www.latimes.com/

These people will also have lots going on:  http://yeson19.com/

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #481413 - 09/23/10 07:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

the norml website will also likely be posting the numbers.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinereckless
Stoner

Loc: Flag
    #481419 - 09/23/10 08:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's kind of a big deal, hard to imagine not being able to find the information fairly easily..

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: reckless]
    #481522 - 09/23/10 11:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #482169 - 09/25/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
This is probably your best bet for traditional news coverage:  http://www.latimes.com/

These people will also have lots going on:  http://yeson19.com/

:highfive:

ill be pissed if it passes and dosn't get a mention on the news over here. but for me it seems too good to be true.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: geokills] * 1
    #485610 - 10/06/10 05:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I just sent out this email to all of my friends and family, and would encourage you to do the same:

Quote:

Friends & Family!

I just wanted to take a moment to encourage everyone to speak with their own friends and families about this important issue.

Voting against Proposition 19 would maintain a status quo that directly hurts tens of thousands of people in California every year who face legal consequences on account of the prohibitionary laws governing their personal use of marijuana.  It is an absolute travesty that our financially strapped state has been forced to continue this strain on our entire criminal justice system, just to hunt down and prosecute non-violent marijuana offenders.  Our state legislature recognized this fact when Governor Schwarzenegger signed SB 1449 into law last week, effectively reducing the penalty for public use of pot from a misdemeanor (requiring a court appearance and criminal record) to an infraction (which is the same class as a parking ticket - no court appearance, no court costs, and no criminal record).

Beyond that, people who fear these laws against cannabis will often turn to less safe legal alternatives such as the synthetic JWH compounds found in K2 and Spice over the counter herbal blends, which have been reported to produce adverse health affects and have a very short history of use.  Untainted marijuana on the other hand is extremely low in toxicity and holds a long history of safe use.

Please remember to vote yes on Proposition 19, and forward this email to family and friends who may have a misunderstanding of the real issues here.  The latest polls are showing passable support for proposition 19, but the only poll that matters is the one on November 2nd!

Some interesting and related commentary:

I hope everyone is enjoying the rain!

Thanks for reading,
~Mike

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#485650 - 10/06/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I saw the adds for Prop 19, while watching those 'Other related videos...' and it almost brought a tear to my eye.

I will celebrate heavily when this passes :vaped:

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Offlinemickdawg
    #485656 - 10/06/10 07:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

that fox news video was pretty funny. i cant tell who the joke is on honestly. are they for real?

OfflinekeepITLegalFellas
airo trials
 User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: mickdawg]
    #487553 - 10/13/10 10:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hope this happens for California.  I live in a medical state and precedents are needed.

--------------------
I do not condone or condemn.  This is my disclaimer, as all my post are complete fiction.  Furthurmore any reason for lurking here is swim's and does not concern me.

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: keepITLegalFellas] * 1
    #488005 - 10/14/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

not long now:awebig: im so fucking nervous about this:uhoh:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#488266 - 10/15/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hate the be the bearer of bad news.  But surely you all expected this kind of a federal response...

Feds vow to enforce pot laws even if Prop. 19 passes

Quote:

Attorney General Eric Holder vowed this week to "vigorously enforce" federal laws against marijuana even if California voters approve a November initiative legalizing its use for recreational purposes.

In a letter to former drug enforcement administrators, Holder called prosecution against marijuana users, distributors and manufacturers a "core priority" of the Department of Justice and said it would remain so regardless of whether Proposition 19 passes. The letter marked the first time Holder has directly indicated what position his department would take should the recreational use initiative become state law.

"Let me state clearly that the Department of Justice strongly opposes Proposition 19," Holder said in a letter dated Wednesday. "If passed, this legislation will greatly complicate federal drug enforcement efforts to the detriment of our citizens."

Proponents of Proposition 19 said Holder was "posturing."

"The reality is that the federal government has neither the resources nor the political will to undertake sole - or even primary - enforcement responsibility for low level marijuana offenses in California," said Stephen Gutwillig, California director of the Drug Policy Alliance, in a statement. "Well over 95 percent of all marijuana arrests in this country are made by state and local law enforcement."

Under President Barack Obama, the U.S. Department of Justice last year said it would not prosecute medical marijuana use in states where it is legal, a change in policy from the Bush administration.

Proposition 19 would make California the first U.S. state to authorize marijuana use for recreational purposes. The initiative would allow adults 21 years or older to use or grow limited amounts of marijuana. It would also allow local governments and the state to tax the commercial sale of marijuana.

Supporters have suggested that the legalization of recreational marijuana use would bolster cash-strapped governments in California and reduce costs for law enforcement and corrections.

Holder was responding to a letter sent in August by nine former administrators of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency urging him to take a stance on Proposition 19. In the letter, the former DEA officials said, "It is unlikely that any taxes will be paid, for doing so would admit criminal violation of federal law and expose the seller to federal prosecution."

Tom Angell, spokesman for the Yes on 19 campaign, disputed that argument, saying that medical marijuana dispensaries already have contributed millions of dollars in taxes on payroll, sales and property.

"What they say we can't do, we're already doing," Angell said. "They were doing it before the (2009) memo. Those concerns are overblown and off-base."

Read more: http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/10/15/2119608/feds-say-they-will-enforce-pot.html#ixzz12T8Fsicd

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#488268 - 10/15/10 04:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:sad:

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Shaggy420] * 1
    #488270 - 10/15/10 04:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

overgrow the government

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#488277 - 10/15/10 05:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I hate the be the bearer of bad news.  But surely you all expected this kind of a federal response...

Feds vow to enforce pot laws even if Prop. 19 passes

Quote:

Attorney General Eric Holder vowed this week to "vigorously enforce" federal laws against marijuana even if California voters approve a November initiative legalizing its use for recreational purposes.

"What they say we can't do, we're already doing," Angell said. "They were doing it before the (2009) memo. Those concerns are overblown and off-base."

The AG has to 'vow to uphold US law' its his job :imslow:

Those concerns are overblown and off-base .... pretty much sums up what the AG said IMO

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: niteowl]
    #488278 - 10/15/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

We already have a head start anyway with medical weed.  They would just run around looking like n00bz if they tried to bust people.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: SmOakland]
    #488454 - 10/16/10 02:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Eventually it will be legal, though it should of never been made illegal.

However this will help make marijuana an issue in the 2012 elections, personally no matter what their political affiliation I'll vote for anyone supporting recreational use.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#488534 - 10/16/10 05:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i only voted for the lib dems in the uk election because of they're fair drug policy.:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: geokills] * 1
    #489516 - 10/19/10 05:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A good read on Prop 19's potential conflicts with the federal Controlled Substances Act:

If you have the time and the incination:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#489521 - 10/19/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Was a good pre-night class read.

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #491107 - 10/24/10 03:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Great stuff thanks for posting. I am am happy for Cali, I would love to move there but I understand that they are still a no no state for P variety mushroom spores.

InvisibleJake
Activist/Student

Prop 19 phonebank (other states included!) [Re: Dephect]
    #491151 - 10/24/10 05:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Allow me to be straight up guys. I live outside of Los Angeles, CA. On Friday, I took the opportunity to jump on the Amtrak down to San Diego to help out with Yes On 19 San Diego. $15 bucks in pocket, no place to stay, with the simple, yet powerful, drive to simply do my part. I've been working with Canvass for a Cause and canvassing is very difficult. I only made $38 today while canvassing at the Chargers v. Patriots game today, and that was in about two hours. I get half of the money I raise, but I am choosing to donate that right back into the campaign.
Here's the deal, everybody. I had no idea how many people have been uninformed on Prop 19. I, alone, have changed so many people's mind on this initiative, that I don't think words can correctly convey what a big change I have made as a single person. I've convinced people that were totally against it. I've convinced people who had no idea what it was. As far as I've been told, I've done nothing to switch people's minds against it, but have only made people feel more comfortable in conversing with others about it- that I've been teaching instead of preaching.
The problem is this- hardly anyone is helping! I, just on my own, have taught growers what the bill is all about and have seen them go from uninformed and against, to proud to know and for. Elderly folks from out of town have stopped while they were walking down the street, shopping, to hear my spiel about what Prop 19 means to everyday citizens.

WE NEED HELP! WE NEED YOUR HELP!

The Yes On 19 campaign has setup up an automatic phone bank and the Just Say Now project has a phone bank for all four states with marijuana initiatives being on the ballot on Tuesday, November 2nd.
i.e. California, South Dakota, Arizona, and Oregon.

These phone banks are being utilized for the very purpose of calling voters in these states and informing them about the initiatives that they need to consider. You would be amazed how many people have decided they will be voting, even ones who had, at first, been against the measure all the way!!! Man don't even know what it is, or what it will do- they are only aware that it has to do about marijuana. They also have a decent script and educate on how to leave a proper message on voice mail and answering machines. This is truly the most powerful tool we have. The Yes On 19 SD even uses the YesOn19 web-site's phone bank to call voters, especially that they can choose specifically which city they want to make calls to- of course, here, San Diego's phone bank.

As cannabis enthusiasts, we desperately need you're help in informing people about this laws that could so easily be voted into law. Please help us win the battle to educate! Imagine if one-quarter of the users on this site made 25 calls?!

I urge everyone to do everything they can to help- by giving just more than 10 minutes, of your time, you can be a part of this now. You can say you lended your time to the cause.

Visit JustSayNow.com to view all states. (Even a special "Women for Prop 19" phonebank!)

Visit YesOn19.com for the specialized and nearly-automated California phonebank.

Both Arizona and South Dakota are voting to legalize medical marijuana.

Oregon will be voting to regulate marijuana for patients.

And of course, California will vote to control and tax marijuana, while legalizing possession, allowing up to an ounce for adults over 21.

Your time is valuable and you can make a difference, I would not post this if I didn't believe it myself.

Thankyou for your time. Peace

--------------------
Straight up- I need your help calling voters.

JustSayNow and YesOn19 have phone banks so we can all help out. You'll be surprised how quickly someone's opinion changes. Even more surprised how frequently you can change it.

Please help- this means the world, come election day!

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#491916 - 10/26/10 04:28 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I would so vote for the California election, but I'm not in California. Only if there was a way...  :ifyoucanawe:

Quote:

T-Rex said:
That's one thing I can agree with, I'm glad I'm alive to see this new chapter of history begin. Looking forward to laughing with my grand kids over a joint on how bud used to be illegal back when everyone was crazy.:jah:

Much agreed.

--------------------

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Badfish]
    #492002 - 10/26/10 07:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hell yah. Its great to see the day of legal weed coming upon us. It would be amazing to walk around and have a variety of stores to buy all types of legal thc from around America.  I bet the weed business will be pretty competetive too.  Seems like history is repeating itself.:leaf:

OfflineReallyNotANarc
Stranger
    #493169 - 10/29/10 12:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hilarious pix! 
Anyway....what about seeds when Prop 19 passes?  Or seedlings?

I'd made the trip to Cali, stay a few days, and return with some great souvenirs.

--------------------
From the podunk town of Reefer Madness in the state of In-DIE-Ana

InvisibleCloud9
i don't feel, and it feels great

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: ReallyNotANarc]
    #493251 - 10/29/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ReallyNotANarc said:
Hilarious pix! 
Anyway....what about seeds when Prop 19 passes?  Or seedlings?

I'd made the trip to Cali, stay a few days, and return with some great souvenirs.

thats something i hadn't thought about. will we be able to just go pick up some nice seeds or clones from cali if this passes?

--------------------
experienced psychotryptonaut shaman

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Cloud9]
    #493269 - 10/29/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So...

I stumbled across this site today.
It's a pretty wealthy on information, possibly a good resource to put in front of those who are undecided on Prop 19.

:costanza:
theNewLeaf.org

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#493270 - 10/29/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You should check out our sister site the Shroomery for a wealth of information :bigyesnod:

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#493341 - 10/29/10 10:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
You should check out our sister site the Shroomery for a wealth of information

Will do.
But I didn't post for the amount of information.

Just saying... for those who [for some odd reason] don't care about legalization or know people who are undecided, that I came across a very user friendly site to maybe help in their defense. A site that is to the point, hitting majority of important points, which in the essence of convincing others who may or may not be undecided about their vote toward Proposition 19, with the wealth of some fairly decent information.
Sometimes too much information is not always for the best.

Thought I'd share some findings related to the OP's subject, more-less my two cents. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Skatealex2] * 1
    #493567 - 10/30/10 06:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Skatealex2 said:
Hell yah. Its great to see the day of legal weed coming upon us. It would be amazing to walk around and have a variety of stores to buy all types of legal thc from around America.  I bet the weed business will be pretty competetive too.  Seems like history is repeating itself.:leaf:

I totally agree... I have a feeling that within the next ten years, it'll be legal across the us. Marijuana-based establishments and products will be the next large industry to open up in the states.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#493890 - 10/31/10 03:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

when will we know if its passed or not. will it be announced on the day? i dont know how it works.:confused:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

#493895 - 10/31/10 04:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Unless the vote is exceptionally close which could require exact counting/re-counting, we should know whether or not the proposition passed by November 3rd.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#493912 - 10/31/10 05:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

good to know we wont have to wait too long to find out the result.

we get CNN and fox news over here, so i might just tune in to that. surely they will be following it:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineReallyNotANarc
Stranger
    #494008 - 11/01/10 07:42 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Wouldn't it be great to visit "weedmaps.com" and just go weed shopping just like going to the liquor store???  I tripped on that site today and thougth it was worth passing on.  I'd like to get some seeds to take home.

--------------------

OfflineReallyNotANarc
Stranger
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: ReallyNotANarc]
    #494014 - 11/01/10 08:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just found another.... NugPorn.com.
Man...I feel like I have been living in a cave and an extremely dark one at that.  Stuff is amazing.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: ReallyNotANarc] * 2
    #494047 - 11/01/10 11:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Guys, let's ramp up the fight here.  This is something that I'm sure 99% of the members on this site have been dreaming of, an actual government action toward the legalization of marijuana!!

Don't sit on your hands.  Talk to your friends and family, encourage them to support prop 19, and please if you have some extra time, try making a few calls at http://www.justsaynow.com -- it's really easy to do.  I've been doing it for the last hour or so and 90% of the calls go straight to voice mail, where you can just leave a to-the-point reminder that you're hoping the person votes and that they'll support prop 19.

Remember that if you do call, these are just regular people like you and me.  Tell them "Good Morning", ask them how they're doing or how they feel about the issue.  Just start a dialogue and don't get angry or sad if they hang up or don't agree with you.  Just be patient, understanding, and continue to fight the good fight!

Here is the script I wrote for myself as a general guideline (and pretty much an exact script for whenever I hit an answering machine - which is most of the time):

Quote:

Hi ____,

My name is ____ and I'm calling because I see that you are registered to vote as an
absentee and I just want to make sure that you and everyone else in your household
will in fact vote by tomorrow.

I apologize if you've already received calls about this, but I'm really just trying
to get people to support Proposition 19, the legalize, tax and regulate marijuana
initiative.  Prop 19 is designed to treat marijuana pretty much the same as alcohol,
which will allow the police and our criminal justice system to focus on violent
crimes instead of the non-violent crimes.

This will in turn reduce the prison population which is already WAY over capacity,
and should even generate some solid tax revenue for the state and local governments.

Prop 19 is really aimed at protecting consumers while reducing the profits obtained
by illegal drug dealers.

I mean, there IS a demand for marijuana in this country, and for 70 years marijuana
prohibition has done NOTHING to reduce that demand.

But I'll tell you, tons of money has been wasted all while taking away freedom from
the people who get caught using or growing this substance; a substance that
incidentally, is less toxic than alcohol AND non-addicting.

Just to clear up some misconceptions, this will not make it legal to drive under the
influence.  If a pot user is pulled over while driving and fails a field sobriety
test, they will have their car impounded and they will have to face the consequences
through the court system.

What Prop 19 will do is preserve personal freedom for responsible adults while
cleaning up some of the waste in our criminal justice system.

So I thank you for hearing me out and if you haven't voted already, please make sure
that you do, and please support prop 19!

Take care and have a nice day.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
    #494054 - 11/01/10 12:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

http://yeson19.com/call

I dont even live in cali and ive been on the phone. Everyone please help end the prohibition

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: MR.HEADY]
    #494086 - 11/01/10 03:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

if i could call from here i would:awesomenod: they even got a script on the website.

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#494108 - 11/01/10 05:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
if i could call from here i would:awesomenod: they even got a script on the website.

All you need is a computer and the ability to take one phone call.  You do not dial out.  You give the system your phone number.  Then it dials you.  Once you pick up the phone it will start calling people for you. 

Be sure to sit in front of your computer so you can see the name and polling location of who you are calling.  It will also help to have talking points or the script in front of you. 

It is very easy after doing it the first time.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#494131 - 11/01/10 07:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

dont think it would work across the pond:shrug:

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #494179 - 11/01/10 09:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Pretty intense debate goin on @ Shroomy right now...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13125311#13125311

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494221 - 11/01/10 10:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:dumbass: ...trolls against prop 19.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#494255 - 11/02/10 08:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

reading what some dudes on the shroomery have posted, ive lost all hope. :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#494337 - 11/02/10 01:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Im hoping for a domino effect. When this passes in cali other states are going to follow for sure.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: iStoner]
    #494349 - 11/02/10 02:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

with the UKs so say special relationship with the states im hoping were going to follow in you guys footsteps......

if it passes, which im doubtfull of now :sad:

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#494351 - 11/02/10 02:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

got a feeling ill be up till the early hours of morn to see out this result:rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494391 - 11/02/10 05:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
got a feeling ill be up till the early hours of morn to see out this result:rolleyes:

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/ballot-measures/

Just refresh this link after 8pm PST. The ballot drop boxes close at 8pm PST, but I'm not sure when the counting is taking place. Hope this helps your situation over there.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#494397 - 11/02/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

thanks man. exactly what i wanted:highfive:

--------------------

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494404 - 11/02/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My pleasure. Just helping the fellow stoners.

:sambergfive:

--------------------

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

#494422 - 11/02/10 08:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

im also feeling doubtful but itll be interesting to see how this pans out.  im gonna go smoke a bowl  in hopes of prop 19. I bet the us government watching cloesly like we are, haha

Edited by Skatealex2 (11/02/10 08:03 PM)

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Skatealex2]
    #494445 - 11/02/10 08:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

T-minus 29mins 59secs.

:durrhurr:

--------------------

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

#494450 - 11/02/10 08:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

fucking idiot on cnn former drug policy advisor. Trying to explain to us that teh drug is dangerous and 20 times stronger then in the 60's

--------------------
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#494452 - 11/02/10 08:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It fucking better be... :highfive: :bobmarley:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: MR.HEADY] * 1
    #494453 - 11/02/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This is like the moon landing, how long till we find out?

--------------------

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

#494455 - 11/02/10 08:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/11/voter-voices-prop-19-critics-backers-do-battle-on-web-twitter.html

I hope this wins even just for the sake of saying fuck you to the us government. almost there.
:awehigh:

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494457 - 11/02/10 08:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:

Ballots stop being collected at 8pm PST. Anytime after 8pm PST? :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#494459 - 11/02/10 08:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yea but I'm in Australia dude I was wondering if there was an online tracker or something

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #494462 - 11/02/10 08:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:

:ilold:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#494468 - 11/02/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

12minutes!

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #494473 - 11/02/10 08:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm: @ Nachohippie

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#494474 - 11/02/10 08:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:confused:

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

#494475 - 11/02/10 08:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

did you reply on the wrong forum lol i think nachohippie is on the shroomery

--------------------

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494478 - 11/02/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

T-Rex said:
Yea but I'm in Australia dude I was wondering if there was an online tracker or something

Read above. :wink:

What I posted earlier on this thread...
Quote:

Badfish said:
Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:

http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/ballot-measures/

Just refresh this link after 8pm PST. The ballot drop boxes close at 8pm PST, but I'm not sure when the counting is taking place. Hope this helps your situation over there.

--------------------

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494479 - 11/02/10 08:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

2 minutes 'til doomsday... :awesurprise:

--------------------

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

#494480 - 11/02/10 09:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

10 seconds

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #494481 - 11/02/10 09:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:lolsy:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#494483 - 11/02/10 09:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

This website is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.
Unfortunately there were no suitable nodes available to serve this request.

--------------------
[quote]

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #494485 - 11/02/10 09:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MR.HEADY said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

did you reply on the wrong forum lol i think nachohippie is on the shroomery

ha I was reading this thread on shroomy and I think I facepalmed so hard it encoded itself here.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #494488 - 11/02/10 09:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

They privatized the link because they're counting ballots? :shrug:

I heard on the news to "check back in at 10pm PST for news on the results of the 2010 Election". :shrug:

FWIW...
http://www.youtube.com/cbsnewsonline?feature=ticker

--------------------

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

#494494 - 11/02/10 09:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Damn yall check out justsaynow.com.  Looks like it lost by a bit :sad:
:kingcrankey:
:bongload:

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #494495 - 11/02/10 09:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#494497 - 11/02/10 09:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:sad:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#494498 - 11/02/10 09:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

0% reporting.  that was the first number i have seen given for prop 19 thus far.  where the fuck do the insiders go for their info?

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#494499 - 11/02/10 09:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I guess we can't smoke weed now. :lol:

--------------------
[quote]

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #494505 - 11/02/10 09:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

California Proposition 19:
Legalizing Marijuana

Yes
43%

No
57%

5%
of precincts reporting

:crankshitshower:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleCloud9
i don't feel, and it feels great

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
    #494510 - 11/02/10 09:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

44%

--------------------
experienced psychotryptonaut shaman

Edited by Cloud9 (11/02/10 09:52 PM)

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

#494515 - 11/02/10 09:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

spacemonkey69 said:
I guess we can't smoke weed now. :lol:

haha.

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#494516 - 11/02/10 09:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No 532,403
56%

Yes    417,823
44%

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#494520 - 11/02/10 09:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This shit is rigged.

--------------------
[quote]

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

#494522 - 11/02/10 09:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

goes to at least show the support 44 % of the voters is a lot of pot smokers

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #494523 - 11/02/10 09:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Legalizing Marijuana
11:56 p.m. EDT, Nov 2, 2010

Yes
44%

No
56%

11%
of precincts reporting

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#494527 - 11/02/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No just broke >1,000,000
No
56%

Yes
44%

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#494529 - 11/02/10 10:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

LA and Humbolt voted no.

--------------------
[quote]

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494530 - 11/02/10 10:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

1,129,582 voted no on prop 19.

:facepalm: fml.

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#494532 - 11/02/10 10:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yea its not looking good

Quote:

No
56%

Yes
44%

--------------------

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494541 - 11/02/10 10:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No

1,308,623 - 56%

Yes

1,014,674 - 44%

14%
of precincts reporting

Votes for Yes are still growing?
Still processing results at CNN. :shrug:

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #494553 - 11/02/10 10:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Legalizing Marijuana
Updated 1 minute ago

Yes
44%

No
56%

18%
of precincts reporting

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#494557 - 11/02/10 10:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Damn...

--------------------

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494558 - 11/02/10 11:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

It's over with 1,573,666 voted No. Time to light one up.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#494561 - 11/02/10 11:20 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:burnone:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

#494581 - 11/03/10 01:49 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Damn...

It's over with 1,573,666 voted No. Time to light one up.

:burnone:

Oh well, better luck next time, but we'll have to keep up the good fight!

With a little luck, this will have helped shine some light on the ludicrous and shameful drug policy that our federal government has maintained for far too long.  We'll get to see more sensible policy some day, of that I'm quite confident.  Tonight, I'll just puff for the fact that marijuana is now clearly in the limelight.  Keep the debate alive.  Speak to your family, your friends.  There is still plenty of taboo surrounding marijuana that must be shaken in order to take this to the highest level.

Here's to more progress in 2012! :ganja::gethigh:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#494591 - 11/03/10 05:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Some day.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: ChillWillis]
    #494593 - 11/03/10 05:38 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i wouldnt bet my life on it.:sad:

--------------------

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
    #494594 - 11/03/10 06:23 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So how many lazy Californians sat home, getting high, watching the election results while they continue to be criminals?

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#494601 - 11/03/10 07:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

They can't stay ignorant forever.. It helps that that more and more of our law enforcement community is for legalization or decriminalization..they are out there every day, seeing firsthand the reality of the situation.
It's a shame that so many people choose to be spoon fed their beliefs, instead of seeking out truth. Sure, some of the "no" voters are making a ton of money the way things are now; I think most just voted no because it's been drilled into them that 'POT IS BAD'. Never mind that the law was based on bigotry, and propagated by the pharm companies, passed with deceit and deliberate misinformation...
I don't think we can change people's minds by saying "pot is good" and giving factual information. People are, for the most part, ignorant and egotistical- they don't like to hear that they've been wrong their whole lives.
I believe that consumption of the plant is my God given right, and that's how legalization should be approached. Lump it in with all of our other rights, like privacy and free speech. oh yeah, and gay marriage. :facepalm: See? I personally don't agree with gay marriage; it's not a choice I would make.. but I feel that it's every homo's right to marry another homo if they so desire.. aaaannd there's my first amendment right kickin in. Ya just  can't argue with a person's right to choose what to consume, unless it harms others. I mean, obesity is one of the fastest growing health problems, and I don't see them outlawing Mcdonald's... thank god!
Sorry; I'm rambling... God, I love smoking bud I grew myself!!
:bongload:

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Hendershot]
    #494609 - 11/03/10 07:50 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well, damn.

I hope everyone that voted no dies a painful death... preferably in a burning van.

:awebig:

Then it can pass next time. :feelsgoodman:

Maybe throat cancer would be better.

--------------------

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494620 - 11/03/10 09:32 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hendershot said:
I mean, obesity is one of the fastest growing health problems, and I don't see them outlawing Mcdonald's... thank god!

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but California just recently banned McDonald's happy meals. San Francisco, specifically speaking.

Good argument though.
Toke up and live life.

--------------------

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #494658 - 11/03/10 12:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Badfish said:
Quote:

Hendershot said:
I mean, obesity is one of the fastest growing health problems, and I don't see them outlawing Mcdonald's... thank god!

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but California just recently banned McDonald's happy meals. San Francisco, specifically speaking.

Good argument though.
Toke up and live life.

Why? Where did you hear/read that?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

#494660 - 11/03/10 12:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

over 3 million votes for yes . we did better then the million man march

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#494676 - 11/03/10 01:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

Badfish said:
Quote:

Hendershot said:

Good argument though.
Toke up and live life.

i heard a blurb about that on the news this am.  I thought it had to do with the toys or something.  i wasn't really listening.  was more concerned with finding out prop 19 and 203 in az.  which im still not sure if it passed.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

#494677 - 11/03/10 01:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

Badfish said:
Quote:

Hendershot said:

Good argument though.
Toke up and live life.

Nah.. they banned mcd's from putting toys in happy meals over a certain amount of calories..

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

#494775 - 11/03/10 05:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hendershot said:
Nah.. they banned mcd's from putting toys in happy meals over a certain amount of calories..

Something along those lines. It was a brief segment on the topic, which I hadn't paid much attention to since I was getting ready for work. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #511626 - 01/07/11 02:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I know this is a old thread. I know people are like "GAWD! FUCKING VALLEY IDIOTS NOT LEGALIZING!" but keep in mind there was shady shit a foot in the valley coming with this law. There was a man (forget his name) who was backed by Government to open a 60,000 foot industrial complex to produce and tax marijuana made by his plant to flood the market even more. Check out ICMAG and you will find that a lot of the cali stoners voted no so this douche bag couldn't flood their market even more then its all ready flooded. The fat cats were all ready set up to start taxing it and doing whatever they want to this sacred plant in Cali if that bill passed.

Just saying..

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Dephect]
    #511876 - 01/08/11 11:51 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well if it's legal you could just grow it yourself without a problem...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Dephect] * 1
    #511895 - 01/08/11 01:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

dosnt seem like the best reason to keep it illegal :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#511961 - 01/08/11 02:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The mob didn't want alcohol prohibition to end either.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #511978 - 01/08/11 03:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Well if it's legal you could just grow it yourself without a problem...

You could also do that with Tobacco and cigarettes. I know some people who have, but how many people who smoke cigarettes grow their own tobacco? For that matter you could also brew your own beer(5gal batches) for as little as a $150 start up price, which is much cheaper then a garden set up. But how many homebrewers are there out there as apposed to people who just buy beer at the liquor store.

Think of the conditions people live in, not everyone has a green thumb, it would be easy for the government to take over the market more so in Cali. Its the government..

I know I would grow my own, but I am maybe 1 out of 10 people I know that smokes and knows any decent amount of info about growing.  Probably only 3 people I know personally who have done successful grows and I live in a medical state.

Quote:

TrippyStoner420 said:
dosnt seem like the best reason to keep it illegal :confused:

Think about all the mom and pop growers that would be put out of business. Remember if its legal for recreational use that gives the government every right to produce it and put local indoor growers out of business. Those mom and pop owners are like the mob with prohibition (not in a sense of criminal activity and not for profiting) but some of these growers make their living on growing, and a big Wal Mart like factory producing herb for the government to do god knows what to it will put them out of business when it moves in.

I honestly don't know what I would want to vote for on that ballot. I am split. Part of me wants it to be legal and the fight to be over but at the same time that puts it in the hands of a whole different menace, and that is the government.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Dephect] * 2
    #512007 - 01/08/11 05:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There will be NO bill passed
regarding the legalization of marijuana
that dis-allows big business to get in on the action.

That is a FACT that you will NEVER avoid.

If the mom and pop growers are giving a quality product
at a decent price, then they won't go out of business

look at all of the micro breweries that are making a profit

same situation with weed

If weed is to ever become legal then big business will be in the game too

:sorry:

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#512031 - 01/08/11 06:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:congrats:

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#512176 - 01/09/11 02:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't understand why the average stoner/grower doesn't understand this very simple fact.

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: niteowl] * 2
    #512532 - 01/10/11 09:56 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

They done be smokin' too much! :flowstone::spliff:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #513077 - 01/11/11 06:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
There will be NO bill passed
regarding the legalization of marijuana
that dis-allows big business to get in on the action.

That is a FACT that you will NEVER avoid.

If the mom and pop growers are giving a quality product
at a decent price, then they won't go out of business

look at all of the micro breweries that are making a profit

same situation with weed

If weed is to ever become legal then big business will be in the game too

:sorry:

I know. I know. That was the whole point of me saying that big business will take over.

How much microbrew is produced out there compared to commercial brews. It will be the same with weed. But ah, the wonderful government/big business taxes everything and can CONTROL everything. Microbreweries are LIMITED in production per year. Growers would probably be limited too leaning the profits towards the government. I don't know about you but I go through a eighth a lot faster then a six pack.

Quote:

niteowl said:
I don't understand why the average stoner/grower doesn't understand this very simple fact.

They DO realize that. Its the REASON it didn't pass at 46%. There were tons of growers and stoners that voted NO. The average stoner would be smoking marijuana produced by the government and the grower would either be put out of business or would have to grow for a big commercial gig at the price of what? Minimum wage? Plus benefits? Who knows.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Dephect]
    #513161 - 01/12/11 12:51 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So your solution is to keep weed illegal....what a moron :facepalm:

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #513169 - 01/12/11 01:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It wasn't my solution. I don't live in Cali. I have a medical card in the state of Colorado (which I voted yes on), why the fuck would I care, its legal state wide for me and it would be the same in Cali. State wide, meaning federal will still fuck you in the ass if you get caught by a federal agent. Peoples perception of legal and illegal is bound by two dimensions and is usually clouded. Just because you can have it state wide does not mean the DEA will not come knock your fucking door down and arrest you and take all your equipment and never get it back(its happened here!). Your state will also not likely protect you, and even if you do get off hands free good luck getting your grow equipment back. I am just stating the reason why it didn't pass. Id much rather have it legal but even then we know it still wouldn't be the way we think it should be. Ya dig?

Not really my bit anymore. I don't want to sit and argue :shrug: I would have voted null for the very reason of it splitting my conscious in two. I want legality but I want it to be complete and not left with vague areas.

Oh and those people who did vote to keep it at a medical level statewide are growers who make livings off of their crops. Call them the morons :shrug: Seems like a pretty okay lifestyle to me.

Edited by Dephect (01/12/11 01:25 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags