Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: reckless]
    #481522 - 09/23/10 11:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #482169 - 09/25/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
This is probably your best bet for traditional news coverage:  http://www.latimes.com/

These people will also have lots going on:  http://yeson19.com/

:highfive:

ill be pissed if it passes and dosn't get a mention on the news over here. but for me it seems too good to be true.

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: geokills] * 1
    #485610 - 10/06/10 05:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I just sent out this email to all of my friends and family, and would encourage you to do the same:

Quote:

Friends & Family!

I just wanted to take a moment to encourage everyone to speak with their own friends and families about this important issue.

Voting against Proposition 19 would maintain a status quo that directly hurts tens of thousands of people in California every year who face legal consequences on account of the prohibitionary laws governing their personal use of marijuana.  It is an absolute travesty that our financially strapped state has been forced to continue this strain on our entire criminal justice system, just to hunt down and prosecute non-violent marijuana offenders.  Our state legislature recognized this fact when Governor Schwarzenegger signed SB 1449 into law last week, effectively reducing the penalty for public use of pot from a misdemeanor (requiring a court appearance and criminal record) to an infraction (which is the same class as a parking ticket - no court appearance, no court costs, and no criminal record).

Beyond that, people who fear these laws against cannabis will often turn to less safe legal alternatives such as the synthetic JWH compounds found in K2 and Spice over the counter herbal blends, which have been reported to produce adverse health affects and have a very short history of use.  Untainted marijuana on the other hand is extremely low in toxicity and holds a long history of safe use.

Please remember to vote yes on Proposition 19, and forward this email to family and friends who may have a misunderstanding of the real issues here.  The latest polls are showing passable support for proposition 19, but the only poll that matters is the one on November 2nd!

Some interesting and related commentary:

I hope everyone is enjoying the rain!

Thanks for reading,
~Mike

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: geokills]
    #485650 - 10/06/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I saw the adds for Prop 19, while watching those 'Other related videos...' and it almost brought a tear to my eye.

I will celebrate heavily when this passes :vaped:

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Offlinemickdawg
    #485656 - 10/06/10 07:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

that fox news video was pretty funny. i cant tell who the joke is on honestly. are they for real?

OfflinekeepITLegalFellas
airo trials
 User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: mickdawg]
    #487553 - 10/13/10 10:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hope this happens for California.  I live in a medical state and precedents are needed.

--------------------
I do not condone or condemn.  This is my disclaimer, as all my post are complete fiction.  Furthurmore any reason for lurking here is swim's and does not concern me.

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: keepITLegalFellas] * 1
    #488005 - 10/14/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

not long now:awebig: im so fucking nervous about this:uhoh:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Shaggy420]
    #488266 - 10/15/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hate the be the bearer of bad news.  But surely you all expected this kind of a federal response...

Feds vow to enforce pot laws even if Prop. 19 passes

Quote:

Attorney General Eric Holder vowed this week to "vigorously enforce" federal laws against marijuana even if California voters approve a November initiative legalizing its use for recreational purposes.

In a letter to former drug enforcement administrators, Holder called prosecution against marijuana users, distributors and manufacturers a "core priority" of the Department of Justice and said it would remain so regardless of whether Proposition 19 passes. The letter marked the first time Holder has directly indicated what position his department would take should the recreational use initiative become state law.

"Let me state clearly that the Department of Justice strongly opposes Proposition 19," Holder said in a letter dated Wednesday. "If passed, this legislation will greatly complicate federal drug enforcement efforts to the detriment of our citizens."

Proponents of Proposition 19 said Holder was "posturing."

"The reality is that the federal government has neither the resources nor the political will to undertake sole - or even primary - enforcement responsibility for low level marijuana offenses in California," said Stephen Gutwillig, California director of the Drug Policy Alliance, in a statement. "Well over 95 percent of all marijuana arrests in this country are made by state and local law enforcement."

Under President Barack Obama, the U.S. Department of Justice last year said it would not prosecute medical marijuana use in states where it is legal, a change in policy from the Bush administration.

Proposition 19 would make California the first U.S. state to authorize marijuana use for recreational purposes. The initiative would allow adults 21 years or older to use or grow limited amounts of marijuana. It would also allow local governments and the state to tax the commercial sale of marijuana.

Supporters have suggested that the legalization of recreational marijuana use would bolster cash-strapped governments in California and reduce costs for law enforcement and corrections.

Holder was responding to a letter sent in August by nine former administrators of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency urging him to take a stance on Proposition 19. In the letter, the former DEA officials said, "It is unlikely that any taxes will be paid, for doing so would admit criminal violation of federal law and expose the seller to federal prosecution."

Tom Angell, spokesman for the Yes on 19 campaign, disputed that argument, saying that medical marijuana dispensaries already have contributed millions of dollars in taxes on payroll, sales and property.

"What they say we can't do, we're already doing," Angell said. "They were doing it before the (2009) memo. Those concerns are overblown and off-base."

Read more: http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/10/15/2119608/feds-say-they-will-enforce-pot.html#ixzz12T8Fsicd

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #488268 - 10/15/10 04:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:sad:

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Shaggy420] * 1
    #488270 - 10/15/10 04:52 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

overgrow the government

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #488277 - 10/15/10 05:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I hate the be the bearer of bad news.  But surely you all expected this kind of a federal response...

Feds vow to enforce pot laws even if Prop. 19 passes

Quote:

Attorney General Eric Holder vowed this week to "vigorously enforce" federal laws against marijuana even if California voters approve a November initiative legalizing its use for recreational purposes.

"What they say we can't do, we're already doing," Angell said. "They were doing it before the (2009) memo. Those concerns are overblown and off-base."

The AG has to 'vow to uphold US law' its his job :imslow:

Those concerns are overblown and off-base .... pretty much sums up what the AG said IMO

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: niteowl]
    #488278 - 10/15/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

We already have a head start anyway with medical weed.  They would just run around looking like n00bz if they tried to bust people.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: SmOakland]
    #488454 - 10/16/10 02:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Eventually it will be legal, though it should of never been made illegal.

However this will help make marijuana an issue in the 2012 elections, personally no matter what their political affiliation I'll vote for anyone supporting recreational use.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #488534 - 10/16/10 05:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i only voted for the lib dems in the uk election because of they're fair drug policy.:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: geokills] * 1
    #489516 - 10/19/10 05:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A good read on Prop 19's potential conflicts with the federal Controlled Substances Act:

If you have the time and the incination:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #489521 - 10/19/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Was a good pre-night class read.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #491107 - 10/24/10 03:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Great stuff thanks for posting. I am am happy for Cali, I would love to move there but I understand that they are still a no no state for P variety mushroom spores.

InvisibleJake
Activist/Student

Prop 19 phonebank (other states included!) [Re: Dephect]
    #491151 - 10/24/10 05:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Allow me to be straight up guys. I live outside of Los Angeles, CA. On Friday, I took the opportunity to jump on the Amtrak down to San Diego to help out with Yes On 19 San Diego. $15 bucks in pocket, no place to stay, with the simple, yet powerful, drive to simply do my part. I've been working with Canvass for a Cause and canvassing is very difficult. I only made $38 today while canvassing at the Chargers v. Patriots game today, and that was in about two hours. I get half of the money I raise, but I am choosing to donate that right back into the campaign.
Here's the deal, everybody. I had no idea how many people have been uninformed on Prop 19. I, alone, have changed so many people's mind on this initiative, that I don't think words can correctly convey what a big change I have made as a single person. I've convinced people that were totally against it. I've convinced people who had no idea what it was. As far as I've been told, I've done nothing to switch people's minds against it, but have only made people feel more comfortable in conversing with others about it- that I've been teaching instead of preaching.
The problem is this- hardly anyone is helping! I, just on my own, have taught growers what the bill is all about and have seen them go from uninformed and against, to proud to know and for. Elderly folks from out of town have stopped while they were walking down the street, shopping, to hear my spiel about what Prop 19 means to everyday citizens.

WE NEED HELP! WE NEED YOUR HELP!

The Yes On 19 campaign has setup up an automatic phone bank and the Just Say Now project has a phone bank for all four states with marijuana initiatives being on the ballot on Tuesday, November 2nd.
i.e. California, South Dakota, Arizona, and Oregon.

These phone banks are being utilized for the very purpose of calling voters in these states and informing them about the initiatives that they need to consider. You would be amazed how many people have decided they will be voting, even ones who had, at first, been against the measure all the way!!! Man don't even know what it is, or what it will do- they are only aware that it has to do about marijuana. They also have a decent script and educate on how to leave a proper message on voice mail and answering machines. This is truly the most powerful tool we have. The Yes On 19 SD even uses the YesOn19 web-site's phone bank to call voters, especially that they can choose specifically which city they want to make calls to- of course, here, San Diego's phone bank.

As cannabis enthusiasts, we desperately need you're help in informing people about this laws that could so easily be voted into law. Please help us win the battle to educate! Imagine if one-quarter of the users on this site made 25 calls?!

I urge everyone to do everything they can to help- by giving just more than 10 minutes, of your time, you can be a part of this now. You can say you lended your time to the cause.

Visit JustSayNow.com to view all states. (Even a special "Women for Prop 19" phonebank!)

Visit YesOn19.com for the specialized and nearly-automated California phonebank.

Both Arizona and South Dakota are voting to legalize medical marijuana.

Oregon will be voting to regulate marijuana for patients.

And of course, California will vote to control and tax marijuana, while legalizing possession, allowing up to an ounce for adults over 21.

Your time is valuable and you can make a difference, I would not post this if I didn't believe it myself.

Thankyou for your time. Peace

--------------------
Straight up- I need your help calling voters.

JustSayNow and YesOn19 have phone banks so we can all help out. You'll be surprised how quickly someone's opinion changes. Even more surprised how frequently you can change it.

Please help- this means the world, come election day!

InvisibleBadfish
Fire in the Bowl!
Male

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: T-Rex]
    #491916 - 10/26/10 04:28 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I would so vote for the California election, but I'm not in California. Only if there was a way...  :ifyoucanawe:

Quote:

T-Rex said:
That's one thing I can agree with, I'm glad I'm alive to see this new chapter of history begin. Looking forward to laughing with my grand kids over a joint on how bud used to be illegal back when everyone was crazy.:jah:

Much agreed.

--------------------

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

Re: California [CA] Proposition 19 - Tax & Regulate Marijuana [Re: Badfish]
    #492002 - 10/26/10 07:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hell yah. Its great to see the day of legal weed coming upon us. It would be amazing to walk around and have a variety of stores to buy all types of legal thc from around America.  I bet the weed business will be pretty competetive too.  Seems like history is repeating itself.:leaf:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract