Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineerikm
Stranger
 User Gallery

Quick question about carbon filters and odor control
    #458296 - 08/11/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I would love to start a grow, but my issue holding me back, is that I am in a dorm with another roommate who often has friends over, and is very nosy. I would not trust an inline fan running in my closet 24/7, because if its heard, I just really wouldn't feel safe with all those people in a small confined room trying to figure out what the noise is. If I put the fan on a timer, to only run say a 10 hour cycle during the day, will that cause any problems? If I do run this cycle, should I make the grow room airtight? If I do no odor will escape but the plants wont have FAE when the fan isnt on. Or if I make the grow cab open to the air, will the odor leak out and become noticeable after about 12 hours of the fan not being on? What do you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Quick question about carbon filters and odor control [Re: erikm]
    #458327 - 08/11/10 03:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sorry to say it but your situation is no good for growing.  the plants need air at all times, and odor would certainly leak out through any openings.  Try to find a friend who lives somewhere more conducive to cultivation and share the harvest.

--------------------
:baggy::arabs::baggy:

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

Re: Quick question about carbon filters and odor control [Re: trichome]
    #458444 - 08/11/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hrm, you could try this http://www.dyson.com/fans/default.asp?gclid=CJnfr97nsqMCFR9Pgwods3kukw

Have an air tight box of some sort, I have always thought of doing a grow with the magnet sealing from refrigerator doors. Having it create a barier,or some kind of suction. Have a box like that, and have your outake with a carbon scrubber along with a filter on the intake. Maybe then put an ionizer air purifier outside the grow box to help eliminate the exhaust air. That's a pretty tricky grow spot. I'm sure if your really wanting to grow you will find a way.good luck.

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

Re: Quick question about carbon filters and odor control [Re: DoctorDarkMatter]
    #458459 - 08/11/10 08:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Firstly, i would not try to grow with someone in the house (or dorm, in this instance) that either doesnt know or that im trying to hide it from, just bad karma man. u can get into a lot of shit growing, and with this kind of information, someone can really manipulate you or worse, turn u in if u piss them off somehow.

that aside.... a sealed room with supplemented CO2 would be the way to go, no fans needed, well no big noisy fans at least.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies