Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Odor control
    #284971 - 09/22/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, It's about time for me to start researching odor control.

My plants are very small but putting out a tremendous odor. By the time they reach maturity its going to be ridiculous.

I've seen about every video ever made on growing so I have a few idea's rumbling around.

I feel the need to make this post even though I know there's probably 50 million posts about this already.

Who knows, maybe some newbie will stumble upon this post and reply with a revolutionary idea that nobody has thought of.

Oh well, I figured I'd ask you guys what are some good ways to control the odor before I google away for the next 3 hours.

I like to tap all resources...

I have access to tons of activated carbon. I currently run over 30 fish tanks and each one gets new carbon every month.

Has anyone ever made they're own carbon air scrubber?

For people that own one, How are they designed?

Thanks if you decide to reply :heart::leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKine

Re: Odor control [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #285015 - 09/22/09 11:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I've done a DIY Carbon scrubber; easy as pie.  As less mess if you dont use fish charcoal; but air purifier carbon filters.  Basically its a filter soaked in carbon.  As for how its made; hundreds of thousands of ways!  Depending on how safe you want to be; i just did a mesh circle around a 4-6" duct adaptor with a 6" cap, then wraped that in two layers of the filter; then taped the ends... done; worked. 

Another way is to buy a pricey ass one.

Another is OZone.  Im in debate about this.  Its good; its bad.  Ask one person and "Its no worse then cigs", ask another and "You die the day you use it".  These too as i found out are DIY; for around $50 depending how thrifty you is.  But this will actually neutralize the air by emiting O3 and electrically charged stuffs that attract dust and pollen too.  I'd research this and lemme know what you discover :malamute:

Carbon scrubber will deff work; just decide how big; what shape; ect that you want.  You can even do a dual chamber with active carbon inbetween the two carbon filters... possibility is endless...

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Odor control [Re: Kine]
    #285169 - 09/23/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

there should be plenty of tecs on how to create any size scrubber you want, definitely the way to go buying anything professional is just stupid.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags