Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsycle
Stranger

question on pollination
    #455004 - 08/04/10 11:57 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

blue mystic hermiEd,  thought it was pulled early enough but the other three are pollinated. At the base of every bud site, the calyx are already wilting in (2. weeks of flowering ), Poped's several open very small immature seed. Now my question to you, is does pollination spread? I plan on putting more in on the 24 or around that time, will it spread throughout everything or will the plant only produce seeds on the calyxs with pollen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePapaKush
Peaceful Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: question on pollination [Re: psycle]
    #455063 - 08/04/10 03:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psycle said:
blue mystic hermiEd,  thought it was pulled early enough but the other three are pollinated. At the base of every bud site, the calyx are already wilting in (2. weeks of flowering ), Poped's several open very small immature seed. Now my question to you, is does pollination spread? I plan on putting more in on the 24 or around that time, will it spread throughout everything or will the plant only produce seeds on the calyxs with pollen.

Since your hermi was able to release it's pollen, it's pollen has spread over most of your plants and the walls and anything else in your grow room. It's a very difficult mess to clean up and there is a good chance that even your next crop AFTER you clean it could become pollinated depending on a lot of different factors.

The only thing you can do is clean EVERYTHING to the best of your ability and then hope you got it all. But you won't. All you can do is clean, wait, and clean some more. Good luck bro.

--------------------

Offlinepsycle
Stranger

Re: question on pollination [Re: PapaKush]
    #455105 - 08/04/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I do believe u but, I do hope others have a more positive oppinion.

Offlinepsycle
Stranger

#455108 - 08/04/10 05:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I imagine the plants have it all over them as well, so the first step is probably trashing them huh?.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #455114 - 08/04/10 05:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psycle said:
I imagine the plants have it all over them as well, so the first step is probably trashing them huh?.

You can still grow some good pot, even if its got seed in it. Had a herm in my last grow.

Simlpely spray water around to kill pollen. I used a little bleach in mine.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflinePapaKush
Peaceful Warrior
Male User Gallery

Re: question on pollination [Re: KaptKid]
    #455117 - 08/04/10 05:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
I used a little bleach in mine.

Ya use bleach and water forgot to mention that. I use about 10:1 water:bleach ratio.

p.s. You should destroy any seeds created by an unwanted hermi parent to prevent future spreading of bad genetics. You don't HAVE to, but I would.

--------------------

Edited by PapaKush (08/04/10 05:37 PM)

Offlinepsycle
Stranger

#455284 - 08/05/10 01:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

So if more go in in a couple weeks will they get pollinated? I plan on rigorously cleaning, and I'm putting black and white Poly up on all the walls.  But I feel all cleaning will be a lost cause with pollen covered plants right next to em.

OfflinePapaKush
Peaceful Warrior
Male User Gallery

#455353 - 08/05/10 09:56 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psycle said:
But I feel all cleaning will be a lost cause with pollen covered plants right next to em.

So ya, it's not even worth cleaning until your current crop is done. If you put in the new plants with the pollinated ones there's a very high chance of pollination. You CAN risk it, maybe you'll get lucky, who knows.

I hope everything works itself out for you. Peace and prosperity to ya.

--------------------

Offlinepsycle
Stranger

#455363 - 08/05/10 10:24 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

So I had decided on killing em cutting some clones of my mommas letting the clones ho two weekswhole cleaning everything those two weeks then flowering my lsd momma cause she's getting big, but for 1 these aks are always done in like 50 or so days so these only have a month left. I also dont know whether the lsd is gonna hermie cause I have never flowered one yet and bits been in the exact same condition as my blue mystic its whole life. So as long as u guys think I can still pull some weight outta these three I might just finish them and pick seeds out .

OfflinePapaKush
Peaceful Warrior
Male User Gallery

#455370 - 08/05/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just finish the plants as they are now and then do your power cleaning. When you pick all the seeds out, DESTROY THEM. Grind em to powder or eat em or whatever you want, just make sure they never get planted. Spreading hermi genetics is a sin! LOL.

P.S. your momma should be fine to flower if she was kept 18/6 - 24/0 and never induced into flowering previously. It's when you cause stresses like flowering her for 2 weeks then re-vegging her and then flowering her again when you MAY see undesirable things start to happen. It's really dependent on the hidden genetic traits in your strain. Good luck again.

--------------------

Edited by PapaKush (08/05/10 11:20 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds