Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLinux
Recovering Addict/Alcoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: Detroit Weed City
High Im back,
    #448624 - 07/20/10 01:47 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

After a stint dealing with a major pain killer addiction im off dope and back to being a function member of society. Suboxone when you take it as directed along with the xannax have saved my life.

I would only wish addiction and the eventual withdraw hell on only my wost enemy's.

--------------------

LEX LUTHOR! Truly the incarnation of evil!

He doesn't wash his hands and he steals forty cakes, which is as many as four tens.

And that's terrible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: High Im back, [Re: Linux]
    #448627 - 07/20/10 01:52 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You traded a dope addiction for a suboxone+xanax addiction?

:flowstone:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #448640 - 07/20/10 03:10 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Congrats man. I am going to try to get clean myself

Suboxone is how I managed to stay off for about 6 months

Good for you bro!

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: High Im back, [Re: Tangerines]
    #448651 - 07/20/10 06:17 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:

:lol:  That's what I was thinking.  You better get back on the dope son...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#448652 - 07/20/10 06:30 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Linux said:
Suboxone/Subutex, when you take it as directed along with Xanax have saved my life.

Ok I'm quoting you for the sheer stupidity of your sentence and actions.  Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium, K-Pin, etc) combined with Buprenorphine (Suboxone, Subutex) can be one of the most deadly drug combos known to man.  Did you get BOTH of these prescribed by your doctor or are you taking them off of street dealers?  It may have saved your life from the dope, but you are lucky that it didn't kill you outright.  I don't have much else to say to you.  Congrats on getting sober though, it's good to hear another success story about a heroin addict as there have been more and more people quitting recently :smile:  I hope you stick with it!  How long has it been since you used? 24 hours? 48?  A week?  Months?  It makes me feel better about quitting myself when I hear about others who have decided they have had enough of the bullshit as well.  I think the summer had a lot to do with it though, for me, living in a cold climate made it nearly impossible to quit opiates in the winter because of the body temperature fluctuations caused by opies.

Quote:

I would only wish addiction and the eventual withdraw hell on only my wost enemy's.

That's pretty sad, me, nor anyone I know would even wish that on our enemies, except the fuck that raped my girlfriend.  If I ever see him in person again I will surely end his life, no hesitation. :yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: High Im back, [Re: Inverted]
    #448653 - 07/20/10 07:29 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Glad you got off the dope. I am with inverted about the enemy thing but I know a few SOBs that I would like to see go through that hell or maybe something even more severe but they are real special people. My doctor will not even give me Xanax because I am a recovering addict myself and it can be addictive as well. Good luck with the recovery, and be careful that you are not trading one for another, something we all have to be careful of when recovering.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: High Im back, [Re: Kilroy]
    #448658 - 07/20/10 08:10 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well put, and IMO any harmful addiction can be substituted by Cannabis, and for some people (myself included) it may be the only option that works... :shrug:  Treatment is not for everyone.

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #448662 - 07/20/10 08:48 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Well put, and IMO any harmful addiction can be substituted by Cannabis, and for some people (myself included) it may be the only option that works... :shrug:  Treatment is not for everyone.

The only thing I learned in treatment that helped with my addiction was to not hang with old friends that did it, do not go where you used to do it, and get rid of everything that makes you think about it. The main thing is to really want to change what I had become which was a monster that had been enslaved by it. And remember even if you relapse do not give up and keep trying. Not everyone succeeds the first time.

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#448685 - 07/20/10 10:13 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ever since I quit I have been growing as a person and I believe that substituting one addiction for another just halts that much needed healing process.  You are basically putting off the inevitable by doing that and it will just come and bite your ass ten fold later on.

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
    #448687 - 07/20/10 10:16 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

But.....:feelsgoodman:

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
    #448692 - 07/20/10 10:21 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Ever since I quit I have been growing as a person and I believe that substituting one addiction for another just halts that much needed healing process.  You are basically putting off the inevitable by doing that and it will just come and bite your ass ten fold later on.

I agree with this, I switched from 2 years of methadone to subxone. Now most people would just see this as a simply switching one addiction for another but, I'm only using the sub for another 4 weeks here then I'm done with everything. I'm using the sub to get past the month long methadone hell that i stll somewhat endure even on the suboxone. So If your only on a short acting opiate, you will do yourself a huge favor if you quit now. Suboxone will just become more and more of an addiction and it loses its effect over time. Suboxone, like all opiate substitutes should only be taken for a short period of time! Well I'm glad to hear your working on improving your life, keep it up as it feels better each day!:potleaf::potleaf::potleaf::vaped::potleaf::potleaf:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#448695 - 07/20/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It's not me that you need to worry about.  I completed my own personal treatment regimen about 3 months ago.  Couldn't have done it w/out Cannabis I can pretty much assure you of that. :yesnod:  I owe my life to Mary...

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #448707 - 07/20/10 10:40 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I give credit to anyone who kicks a bad addiction and I did nothing for 3 years after I quit just to make sure I had it under control, then I met up with MJ and she told me everything would be okay. I just meant about combining those two Linux was using together, wild combo IMO but if you can do it and then get off of those more power to you.

Lucid my friend how is it going? Is it getting better? I know you can do it keep up the good work.

Linux I just worry because our doctors use one drug to kick another and some times those other drugs they give can be just as bad if not worse according to some people to kick. I wish you all the best and hope it all goes well for you

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: High Im back, [Re: Lucid]
    #448708 - 07/20/10 10:40 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Methadone is a trap and should be eliminated and replaced with suboxone entirely.  I ran into my buddy just this Sunday who I had not seen in over a year.  He has been clean 9 months cold turkey.  I have been clean 4 months cold turkey as has my old roommate.  It is possible, but not everyone can handle cold turkey I suppose.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #448711 - 07/20/10 10:44 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'd reckon there are just as many people eating methadone recreationally as people using it to fight opiate addiction, which makes me question its usefulness. It certainly has helped many people, but I know more people personally who it has not.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#448716 - 07/20/10 10:48 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kilroy said:
I give credit to anyone who kicks a bad addiction and I did nothing for 3 years after I quit just to make sure I had it under control, then I met up with MJ and she told me everything would be okay. I just meant about combining those two Linux was using together, wild combo IMO but if you can do it and then get off of those more power to you.

Lucid my friend how is it going? Is it getting better? I know you can do it keep up the good work.

Linux I just worry because our doctors use one drug to kick another and some times those other drugs they give can be just as bad if not worse according to some people to kick. I wish you all the best and hope it all goes well for you

The concern I have is not about quitting a substance in this case, it's the fact that he is combining two chemicals which should never be mixed because it is a well-known fatal combination.

--------------------

OfflineLinux
 User Gallery

#448876 - 07/20/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

To the person who asked how long I have been clean its been about a month now.

Yes the same doctor that gives me the subs is giving me the xannys. Its only 3mg's a day and at those dosed he told me I would be ok.

I guess it just gives me the tools to kill myself if I want to take an OD, jk.

The suboxone also helps manage a pain disorder thatr started me on my addiction. I like subs because I can take my dose and then stop. In other words it don't make me fiend like other drugs that help with pain do to me.

--------------------

He doesn't wash his hands and he steals forty cakes, which is as many as four tens.

And that's terrible.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#448877 - 07/20/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Tangerines said:

:lol:  That's what I was thinking.  You better get back on the dope son...

Seriously that's a pretty dangerous combo, mixing xanax with any opioid will give you the same high as dope. Methadone and xanax kills like 5 kids from my town every year.
Watch the documentary Methadonia, that shit put my friends mom in the hospital just a few months ago.... near death.

OfflineLinux
 User Gallery

Re: High Im back, [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #448880 - 07/20/10 02:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Methadonia is a great doc:thumbup:

but those people you see all fucked up are trying to get that way and not taking meds as directed. Like I said in my original post its a life saver if you take as directed.

--------------------

And that's terrible.

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #448881 - 07/20/10 02:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

best of luck to you and just be careful with them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder