Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W Indoor Hempy Grow (Harvest Update 11/8!)
    #446539 - 07/15/10 01:40 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I've been slacking, time to get this log underway!

Twelve seeds were soaked in water overnight, then put into peat pellets the next evening.  Four were Joey Weed's C99 F2, the other 8 were bagseed collected over the last year.  Of these, all four C99 and 6/8 bagseed emerged on July 7 (one of the C99 actually took a full 1.5 days longer to emerge, but as far as counting goes, I'll be going from 7/7).

I left them in peat pellets for a few days before transplanting to solo cups of perlite.  They've been under 4 CFLs, 2x27W blue and 2x23W red, and have had a fan lightly on them from day 2.

Here's a few pictures from the night of Day 5:

The ones with orange tags are the C99.

On the night of Day 6, I fed them all a bit of Flora Nova Grow at 1mL/gal (2.5mL recommended for seedlings), and they seemed quite fine with that.  When I use up the gallon I've mixed, I'll step it up to 1.7mL or so.  Today (Day 7), I moved them under the 600W MH, about 36" from the bulb.  Temps are staying below 81F.  Here's how they look as of an hour or so ago:

Edited by God (11/08/10 03:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: God]
    #446557 - 07/15/10 05:20 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

well if God cant do it then who can ?

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: grod31]
    #446684 - 07/15/10 12:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

jw what ur ventilation is? 81 f under a 600w is pretty good.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #446721 - 07/15/10 01:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have a 450CFM vortex dialed down to about 70% with a temperature-controlled triac.  I can probably get away with ~50% normally, but it's the hottest point in summer here.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#446734 - 07/15/10 02:02 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

nice bet that was pricey. ya i kno what ur sayin, 106 degrees today where im at. im strugglin just to keep my area 85 degrees.

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#446760 - 07/15/10 02:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I've been slowly purchasing equipment over the last couple years in preparation, so it's been like buying a piece of grow equipment instead of a bag every once in a while.  Temp-control ended up not being necessary so far, and a normal triac can be had for <$25, so if you need fan speed control, it's not a bad option.  Though it sounds like you might need to be running full-blast right now...

Quote:

106 degrees

Ouch.  I feel for you.

I've been running the lights 20/4, with the 4 off being from noon-4pm, the hottest point in the day.  Seems to keep my apartment cooler, if anything :shrug:

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #446805 - 07/15/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Are you still running the floros or using the 600?

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Cinderella 99 (F2) & Bagseed: 600W, Hempy [Re: SmOakland]
    #446826 - 07/15/10 08:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I switched to the 600 MH a couple days ago, but they're about 3' away from the bulb.  Going to slowly move it closer over the next week or two as they can handle it.

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#447385 - 07/17/10 03:58 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Day 10

I've fed a couple times now with the 1mL/gal solution of Grow, skipping every other day (not really counting here or anything, just going by weight of cup).  Also, the light has been lowered a few inches each day, so the plants are now about 28" from the glass.  Temps 73-84F.  Overall everyone seems happy:

They look a little darker than I expected (could be due to early feeding regimen), except for B1 ("B" for "bagseed"; B1 is the last picture in the OP), which also is the tallest and has the thinnest leaves:

B2 is probably the second largest, after B1, and is looking more indica, with perhaps the thickest leaves of the lot:

Here's the only other bagseed I bothered to photograph:

And here are all four C99:

C4 emerged from the peat pellet about 1.5 days after the rest, and it's really apparent.  Still, it has no issues with the HID or the feeding schedule so far.

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#449115 - 07/21/10 01:55 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Week 2

Seedlings aren't very exciting, but a few things are going on.  The light's now down to ~20" from the plants, and temps are still staying <85F.  I was noticing a bit of potential N-deficiency in a few of the faster growers, so I went ahead and gave them all their first real Hempy watering (watering until a bit runs out the holes), though still at 1mL/gal.  I'll update again next Wednesday, or if something notable happens.

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#452566 - 07/28/10 05:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Week 3

Last Thursday night, everyone was topped:

and tied down:

and perked up within a few hours:

Now, about 5 days (and one feeding of Grow at 4mL/gal) later, they're looking great:

This last one is a bit weird looking, I think parts of the lateral growth tips got pinched off in the process of topping the axial tip.  At first I thought it might have accidentally been FIM'd, but now I'm not so sure:

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#455828 - 08/06/10 12:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Week 4

A little late in updating, real life interfered for a bit.
I transplanted into 4 gallon buckets on Monday, and all of the following photos are from Thursday.

Here they are all tied down:

And here's the first confirmed boy (such a shame, a good-looking plant):

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#456468 - 08/07/10 05:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ahh dam those males! only one i had was on a 5 footer we had outdoors and ahh i was soo pissed. Those plants look really healthy and happy. so at 4 weeks the males are that noticeable? i think maybe i'm in the clear then

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#471570 - 09/02/10 11:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's been a while, but I'm back.  Pictures were being taken the whole time, the better of which I've saved for you guys.  They will be presented in a poorly-labeled, but chronological, format.

Whew!  So that's about three weeks of growth, starting after my previous post through last Sunday (Aug 29).
Notable things:
-At this point, three males have been culled.  In the 7th picture above, the plant at bottom right was also confirmed male, and culled a few days ago.
-The 8th picture above obviously shows some nutrient/pH issue.  It's the only plant with any problems.  Mg deficiency?  I don't know, and haven't had time to do much.  I'll probably flush it within the next few days.
-Obviously, some clones were taken.  They look sad in these pictures, but they've perked up since.  There is of course a humidity dome, but it was removed for photos.
-The last picture shows everyone as of Sunday morning.  Things are a bit out of control.
-At this point I'm feeding them at 10 mL Grow/gallon.  They seem happy with that, with just a hint of burn here and there.  Perfect!

Since then, the 4th male has been culled, leaving six females: four bagseed and two C99.  Sadly, the two male C99 were the ones that smelled particularly fruity, and I've no room for breeding.  I still have six more seeds to pop, though.

Group shot as of a few hours ago, everyone looking tidy.  Back row from left to right: B1, B4, C2.  Front row: B6, B5, C1, clones.
B1 is by far the most sativa phenotype, lanky with a very fruity smell.  She's going to be a late finish, and difficult to keep tied down.  B4 is the most indica: widest leaves, shortest internodes, and first to sex.  B6 is a strong grower, a plant I'll be happy to flower again, but nothing super distinguishable about her.  B5 is the one with the "Mg deficiency," and has been a bitch from the start: slowest grower under my light, and the only one to react poorly so far.  Will require phenomenal bud to repeat.  C1 & C2, the two Cindys, are easy to confuse.  The C99 line is, from what I understand, pretty inbred and therefore relatively uniform.  One thing I can say for them both: they drink faster than the other four, and still show signs of N deficiency.  I would probably up them to 12 mL/gal next time, but we'll be flowering before next feeding so things will change.

Anyway, here's some more from a few hours ago:

Clones.  Nuff said.
The "Mg def" has progressed from the last picture, but only in the ~4 leaves that have been exhibiting symptoms.  All new growth seems healthy and is growing faster than it has before.
Supercropped!  That's one of C1's main branches, and it refused to bend where I wanted it, so I just crushed it.  Didn't even notice any slowing of growth or wilting of the leaves.  :thumbup:

One of B4's many growth tips, a hint of what's to come.
:awehigh:

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#471964 - 09/03/10 11:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

nice man. yo hows that supercropping workin for u?

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#472117 - 09/04/10 01:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It's working surprisingly well.  Even though I've read many people say the same thing, I was somehow expecting it slow in growth for a bit, or get all wilty and sad.  But it recovered just as quickly as the other branches that were just LST'd.

Also, to answer your question from weeks ago, not all males will be sex-able in just four weeks; only my first of four males was.  The last one was culled at around seven weeks, though it had started looking kinda boyish at six weeks (I just wanted to be sure).

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#472166 - 09/04/10 04:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

ima give it a shot, ive got about 60 bud sites to experiment with. so what exactly does it do? i have one shoot that i folded while lsting, so i just smashed it a litttle more and taped it all up, but i don't notice anything diferent about it from the other branches. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#472605 - 09/05/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm using it primarily for training purposes: I was having trouble LSTing one particularly thick branch, so instead of slowly trying to convince it to bend, I crushed the stem in a certain spot to make it flexible, then bent the branch at ~75° angle and tied it down.  Now the branch will heal at the same angle.

Some people claim supercropping provides higher yields, but I've never tried it before, so I can't vouch for that.  The defense I've heard in this area is something like, "the wounded location heals into a thick knot, potentially providing the branch with more strength and nutrients than its fellows, and allowing for greater bud production."  Sounds like shaky logic to me, but maybe I'll be surprised!

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#472699 - 09/05/10 04:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hmmm i do have some reaaly stubborn branches that dont want to bend, so i have to do all crazy things to them, i have to retrain tonight, so i will supercrop a few and see what happens.

im trusting you on this one man!!

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#472943 - 09/06/10 02:26 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man looks good.... Very clean...

Was wondering what your space is like (3'x3'? How do you deal with the hempy runoff?) and if you're going to continue with the Flora Nova line?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom