Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
600w 8 Plant Perpetual Harvest System (Closet)
    #703441 - 12/30/13 05:32 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The purpose of this grow journal is to document my progress in achieving the goal of a perpetual harvest system, and hopefully people can gain some knowledge from this.

My closet has been going for almost two years now and so I have it fairly well equipped but nowhere near where I want it. The ideal setup lets you have everything set up properly before you even sprout a seed. Ventilation has been a bitch and with the circumstances I have at my disposal humidity has been a huge issue leading to powdery mildew, at least I finally have that under some semblance of control, and am now figuring out how to create a perpetual harvest.

The current setup is;

Veg:
Just a T12 fluorescent shoplight with blue and red tubes plus a T5 hydrofarm light. They are setup under a table and then I have my cloning seed sprouting
area on my desk under a architects lamp (with 18-27w CFL and a heating mat).

Flo:
400w HPS
Currently have 3 clones and 5 seedling plants in the flowering room.
CO2 supplementation from natural gas.
My main goal is to get to having 8 clones in the flowering room and running a 600w instead of a 400w, the clones will all be spaced out by a week so that I can harvest one per week and replace one plant per week, the same will be true for the veg setup. One veg plant will be put into flowering every week and one new clone will be transplanted to begin vegging for 4 weeks.

This is a good point to mention my container and medium; I am using 4 gallon buckets nested with 5 gallon buckets to catch the drain water. My medium is sphagnum peat moss mixed with perlite at approximately a 40% ratio. Only real soil amendment from the start is dolomite lime (high magnesium ratio).

Fertilizer is FoxFarm lineup, and I am using the feeding schedule. This means I am using Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, Open Sesame, Chaching, Microbe Brew, Sledgehammer flush, and then I also use a molasses brew I make using microbe brew, organic molasses, and some other stuff.

So far I have one indica plantt almost ready for harvest but I have been cutting into her for some smoke. I also have one other blue dream cross about 40 days from harvest and another I just put in on the 12th. Other than that I have 5 seed plants in to supplement my harvest until I get the full 8 cuttings going in the setup.

Please follow along as I keep everyone updated for at least the next 12 weeks, AND hopefully I can figure out how to fully stock my setup and create a PERPETUAL HARVEST!! :smile:

Heres some pics to let everyone see how progress is coming, will update pics soon!

These last two pictures show how I want all my clones to look, very branched out and fairly lanky because my space is very tall. I want to train every plant to the rim of the bucket so that they have a flat horizontal canopy thus yielding a large yield of popcorn sized buds with no wispy bottom nugs or large top kolas.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Edited by Doc (02/04/14 09:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 400w 8 Plant Perpetual Harvest System (Closet) [Re: Doc]
    #708664 - 01/20/14 01:02 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Update 1/20: Have started 8 new seedlings flowering ( 1/14)
                      2 new clones in since 1/4
                    Cut the top kola off of a whiteberry plant, it was about 7 weeks old and it was alright, but needs to cure a lot.
                    Still haven't got around to putting up new pics, but everything is pretty much the same, just more plants now. Total plant count now: 16 seedlings and 3 clones. Will probably start a new clone sometime in the next week to 10 days so that I will be able to harvest the new clone 1-2 weeks after the 8 new seedlings I just put in 6 days ago. The new clone I am putting in will be pretty small in size, so that I can keep growing out my biggest best clones and try to get some real bushes to put under the light. 

Sorry if this journal is boring but I am also planning to use it for future reference cause it's always nice to come back and review a grow after a while and see what mistakes were made etc.

The only problem I've really had since I started this log was that the two clones I just started on the 4th of this month were cut from a plant I had just put in to flowering. The plant I cloned was just coming to the end of its stretch phase and was starting to put on very early flowers, and I took a few cuts from it because it was so healthy (this is the big plant that has buds in the top picture) [which I already cut down early]). What happened was when I took these cuttings and they rooted, I just threw back into flowering after a few days of letting the root system grow in to their new pots. This kind of messed up their hormones or something because they were just starting to re-veg, and now they are flowering again. What is happening is the stems are stretching a lot, about 4-6 inches per internode, which is a little much for this strain. Also stems are coming out soft and breakable instead of strong and fibrous. Growth was coming out twisted and mutated, (almost like zinc or boron problems, but all growth was healthy in appearance other than the messed up morphology.) and i was worried about bud set, but now it looks like the buds are setting pretty healthy. The only problem is with such long internodes the buds would have to be long and fat to fill out the plant very well, which is leading me to predict that I will only pull between a quarter to half ounce from each of these clones, where what I'm going for is an ounce per big clone.

I am still working out the kinks in my system, but I haven't had to buy herb since I started this log! To me this is success enough. Now I just need to improve upon that sense of self sufficiency by increasing my efficiency and the quality of my product.

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 400w 8 Plant Perpetual Harvest System (Closet) [Re: Doc]
    #709013 - 01/21/14 03:54 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Update

Here are some pics of my progress. I am pretty satisfied and have been pretty on top of my game as of late. I am still having problems with powdery mildew but it is not affecting most of plants. Only a few seedlings with no resistance have gotten it on the buds, but all my clone strains and everything only get it on old old fan leaves that are in the undergrowth where they receive poor lighting and ventilation. The reason for this mildew is because there is mad mold under my house and I live in an apartment so there isn't much I can do about it because the whole crawl space under my house is dank and moist, harboring many spores. I just need some filtration equipment and a mini dehumidifier but can't afford them now.

Note on my Blue Dream strain: It is a cross but seems to resemble the descriptions of BLue Dream fairly well. It is pretty damn potent and extremely tasty and stinky. Very fruity taste and smell and pure smoke even without curing. It is not true Blue Dream but I don't like the name I got from my friend which was Black Nightmare...I wanted to call it Blue Lightning cause its good even after 6 weeks but I don't want to steal the name from a breeder who already used it.

Two clones of a Blue Dream strain about half way in. These two clones were taken from a plant that was already growing buds, then I didn't let it start vegging again, which somehow made the plants stretch out more than usual and they don't look like they will put on quite as much weight as i was hoping. I think the problem has to do with hormones.

Two seedlings about half way in: White Berry strain Blue Berry pheno

WhiteBerry strain WW pheno seedling, about 7-10 days from harvest:

Blue Dream strain clone, about 14-20 days from harvest (If I'm patient):

My veg area, this is where the plants will grow into their final pots for about 2-3 weeks.
There are three Blue Dream strain clones and one Fruity Chronic Juice plant I am re-vegging.

These are 4 clones. Rooted in Jiffy peat pellets without hormone of any kind.
I have 3 Blue Dream strain clones here and one Master Kush that I have identified as female.

I also have another MK clone and will soon flower it to find out if this Master Kush strain is worth keeping around. Not sure on the breeder of the MK but the seeds were ordered from somewhere.

(Note the powdery mildew visible in the middle of bigger leaves and on some small leaves, but it doesn't really affect the bud.
I am not going to try and cover up the powdery mildew or lie about it or wash it off for a prettier picture, this is what is going on.
I know the only real solution is to scrap all my plants and move to a new spot and disinfect every single thing I own with bleach and maybe ozone so that I don't get the mildew into my new spot.
In the mean time I am just dealing with it and letting natural selection take it's course. I have already lost 4 killer strains (OG18xChemDawg, DelaHaze, Fruity Chronic Juice, Hindu Skunk, and am worried I am about to lose a Grape Kush strain) to this mildew.
It truly is survival of the fittest. Luckily it seems to be the most potent resinous buds that are least affected by it, and it doesn't really affect the smoke quality as long as I wash it off before harvest. This is a serious downer to my motivation as a grower though. :frown:  )

--------------------

Edited by Doc (01/22/14 10:51 PM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 600w 8 Plant Perpetual Harvest System (Closet) [Re: Doc]
    #711182 - 02/03/14 09:07 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I just got new equipment!

50w two bulb 22" T5 fixture,
two ebb and flow trays (8"x4'),
a little fan,
a box of 25' of 6" ducting,
a 22" 6" cooltube fixture,
a 600w hps electronic ballast and bulb!.

I just set up the 600w and it is almost twice as bright as my old 400w light. The bulb I got was a horticultural bulb with a 2000K color temperature. I can't wait to see how this 600 improves my results.

:rasta: I think this bitch is about to get poppin'! Pictures of my new setup coming soon.

My oldest plant is 6 days away from harvest and it looks amazing!

Update 2/4 AM:

600w is working really well, keeping my temperatures up without the use of a heater.

I just took 19 cuttings last night. There were 15 Master Kush from 3 different seed plants, and 4 cuts of a pretty promising looking Indica that smells really skunky even though it's just vegging.

Now that I have these cuts I am working on selecting a good Master Kush mother plant and hoping this indica strain turns out well.

I am about to pull two seedlings a week early to clear up some room, and then I will start a new clone flowering. I hope that it is ready in time for 4/20 :smile:

With the new cuts I have now I will hopefully have a bunch of clones and then I can really get the 8 plant system started. Right now I have three clones vegging in their final containers and 3 clones vegging under my new T5. Over the next few weeks I plan to start putting in new plants and get my system fully perpetual.

I will be doing another session of cuts from my Blue Dream cross mother plant and hopefully get 4-6 new clones from that strain.

New pictures!

My old set up compared with my new set up; a 400w standard HPS bulb versus a 600W 2000K horticultural HPS bulb. The difference in color is pretty stark.

My most mature clone plant right now. PM is visible on leaves of this plant, and it is only a few days from harvest. Not even a trace of PM visible anywhere on the buds but it is getting very close up and ruining a lot of very very frosty trim. :frown: This plant still looks pretty good though.

This is my new veg setup, I got the light and shelf for free at different times from different people! A totally legit clone area for FREE!!

These are the cuttings I just took two nights ago, 15 Master Kush from 3 different seed plants and 4 from an unknown Indica dominant strain. I'm hoping to select the best MK and see how the Indica turns out. Everything is progressing nicely at this point, now I just need to increase/ improve my ventilation setups.

Edited by Doc (02/05/14 08:50 AM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#712153 - 02/06/14 02:16 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Update

I just chopped my oldest clone because of the PM. I was starting to worry about it but I managed to wash it off of all the trim and didn't really throw much out except for some stems, even though the stems had some trichs on them it is no loss at all to me, because I don't even make hash from stems cause it usually sucks.

The plant developed nice compact and dense buds with good scent and flavor. The scent of the fresh buds right now is very reminiscent of  concord grapes or a grape strain, the tops of the buds started turning purple in fact. A lot of the trim leaves were purple, but probably from nutrient deficiencies and cold night temps.

I tested it a couple times and it is strong herb but there could have been more amber trichs. I was checking with a microscope almost everyday and I had a lot of clear trichs after all of them were cloudy. This strain may not get a lot of amber trichs or it may take an extra couple of weeks just to develop the amber trichs. I am pretty satisfied with the yield which I think will turn out to be about 1 oz. I also just cut a small seed plant of a BB pheno and it probably yielded about 5-7 grams. I will be harvesting another of the BB seedlings in a few days after I give it a chance to be more well flushed than its sister! I am cutting as quickly as possible to get rid of the PM. I had a random shrimpling sativa dominant seedlings plant that was autoflowering in another setup. I decided to keep flowering it but it turned out to have no PM resistance. It was off in the corner so I didn't notice it was covered in the stuff. I killed it recently but it was sitting right by my main circulation fan and I think it has been spreading PM spores all over my other plants, which have resistance. Even though my clone strain is resistant it becomes more susceptible to the PM in the later stages of flowering as the plant starts to slow down growth. I think the main trait that is making my clone strain resistant to the PM is the fact that it is insanely resinous.

Pics and weigh in when the buds dry! Will also update then.

--------------------

OfflineSmokey the Bear
Very Smokey
 User Gallery

#712167 - 02/06/14 02:46 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Mmmm Concord Grapes eh? :fonda:

Could you give me more details on your Co2 setup?

--------------------
:awegroove:
Critical/White Rhino

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 600w 8 Plant Perpetual Harvest System (Closet) [Re: Smokey the Bear]
    #712478 - 02/07/14 11:05 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Hey smokey. I can give you the straight dope: my CO2 setup is very very ghetto lol.

So first off I got two server cooling fans from the surplus store and combined them in to a chamber ( they have opposite directions of rotation which means they boost each other.) This is attached to a 4 inch metal stove pipe thats like 3 feet long. Then I taped some 4 inch duct onto the end of the stovepipe, and the whole setup sits on top of my refrigerator in my kitchen. The duct extends through the doorway of my kitchen 2-3 feet into the entrance of the grow closet and at this end I have a PC fan to boost the flow and distribute the Co2 Enriched air over the plants.

Instead of running my gas heater which is wasteful and inefficient I have been just running my gas stove.
I put one back burner on super low, and then I vary the front burner through out the day to adjust for temperature. I have also started running just one burner at night to keep the CO2 up for my veg plants and so that that the CO2 is high right when my flowering light comes on. I have noticed a definite increase in bud density but other than that not much. I guess resin production might have increased with the CO2 too.

I'm not too worried about CO because I have good FAE and my gas bill has been much lower than if I had been using my regular gas furnace. Now I just need to get a Co2 tank for the summer so I can deal with the higher temperatures with out cranking my AC unit.

The only real issue with this is that the enriched air is already warmed up a bit so I'm not sure if the Co2 will just rise when it hits the room or if it is evenly distributed. I also might be exposing my self to CO but I doubt it.  Another minor issue is I should have duct going all the way over my stove so it is gathering as much of the Co2 and heat but I don't want to do it because then when guests come over they're gonna be like WTF why do you have that duct in your kitchen?!

I was inspired because my friend got one of the little Co2 generators that go onto propane tanks because he needed supplemental heat. Similarly I had been running an electric heater and realized I could garner some Co2 and heat from a single source of energy! I really feel this is more environmentally friendly in the long run.

Update: The weight from the clone was just under 1 oz about 26 grams. I probably got at least a quarter but I think closer to a half of really good trim.

I made 1.4 grams of really good concentrate, vacuum purged and everything it was almost wax but I'm still figuring out how to get the consistency.

I also had a bunch of good trim to smoke people out with and I've been smoking like a chimney with all my friends and neighbors to make sure they get to enjoy the blue dream goodness. Flavor is ok like I said kind of grapey and the smell of the smoke is insane.

I got about 12 grams of decent blueberry buds and the trim from that too, about 3-4 grams probably.  The blueberry could have matured a lot more but I was sick of dealing with the plants because they were in very small pots and hard to care for.

Pics soon. My camera isn't so great but I'll post pics anyways.

UPDATE: 2/16

So I trained two of my plants. The clone I put into flowering most recently is doing great! I trained it down to the rim of the bucket with cotton twine.

I trained a flowering plant down as well to expose more of the middle buds to the light. The upper buds aren't developing so well but the inner buds are better.

Master Kush clones have started showing roots just a few days ago!

Most of my veg plants are looking alright but they could be doing better. I need a small PC fan to cool the ballast on my fluorescent shop light fixture. Right now I have a regular white fan pointed at the ballast but it is also going over the plants. I think it is drying the plants out too much or something because they aren't doing so great. If I move the fan the light turns off after a few hours so I need to fix this issue.

Next harvest coming up at the end of this month. My last harvest turned out to be about 1.5 oz plus some other stuff and I'm hoping the next one is a similar weight or better. I am doing everything in my hour to push it up to 2 oz. At this point I'm focusing on vegging my clones out longer so that I can start with bigger plants for flowering.

I am also considering on taking a break on my clones while I flower out the full sized mother plants of the Master Kush and other random indicas. I am hesitant because I think I would need to run both my 600 and 400 and then the temperatures are starting to go up in my area. This means I would need to increase ventilation and probably start running my AC unit towards the end. It would also be the biggest grow I've ever done in this closet and quite intensive.

Update 2/23:

So I decided to wait to post the pics of my last plants in order to wait for the next harvest. I am about to chop one plant just two days before eight weeks and then I will chop the next one sometime at 8-9 weeks so next week or so. I am going to start flowering my unknown indica plant it is BIG! When it stretches it may be anywhere from 3-4 feet tall!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out. My blue dream strain mother plant took a turn for the worse and was at the point where anyone else would have probably thought it was done for. I brought it back but now it needs like a month to regrow. In the mean time I have two clones of this strain I'm going to bush out into new mothers. This is why I am flowering the unknown indica; to buy me more time to clone out my blue dream strain. Pic updates coming really soon when I chop this next plant. Peace.

--------------------

Edited by Doc (02/23/14 09:07 AM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#719119 - 03/03/14 02:03 PM (10 years, 18 days ago)

Update March 3:

I have 4 main plants in the closet right now. Two newest plants of the Blue Dream strain aren't showing any PM so I'm very happy. Just one seed plant of white berry is affected by the PM now and I will cut it soon. I have just started a new unknown Indica seed plant and it is stretching nicely and smells amazing even though it doesn't have any flowers on it.

Figured I would post some pics of my bud now that I have harvested a few times. I have gotten about three ounces since I started this log counting all the random seedlings I harvested without really checking or logging the dates. The first harvest I logged here I got around 40 grams. Recently I cut about 30 grams. I forgot to log the weights very well on my last harvests so I feel I may have gotten more than 30 g but I smoked it and even got rid of some immediately so I lost track. My yields are disappointingly low and I am trying to work on it, but at least the bud is super potent. I am hoping this new UK indica will really make up the difference by yielding a couple ounces!

Heres one of my newes clones, I really like how they are looking, the branches are coming in stronger than some of my previous plants of this strain and I am dialing in my pH and moisture with a 3 way meter I got the other day.

Heres what the last bud looked like.

Heres a batch from February:

Heres the hash I made using 90% iso alcohol:

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#721615 - 03/16/14 09:14 AM (10 years, 5 days ago)

Update 3/16:

Eveything is going well, I just chopped 3 plants recently, they were all seed plants and one yielded about a half ounce maybe more, and two smaller plants together got about a quarter. These were really shrimpy seedlings that went through a lot of stress and i'm gonna stop working with seedlings for a while. The new UK indica is flowering nice and getting pretty big early flowers about 2 weeks into flowering. I hope this indica is potent and a good yielder, but I'm still dialing in the nutrients on it. I just repotted a master kush clone and am about to repot a big master kush seed plant and then I will start that flowering in the next few days. Next big harvest coming up right at the beginning of April I'm hoping I get closer to 2 oz this time around. 600w is making a huge difference in bud size compared to my old 400w.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#721831 - 03/17/14 03:14 PM (10 years, 4 days ago)

Master kush is the bomb!

keep it up doc :thumbup:

(if u didnt opt out i woulda dropped u a +5)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: 600w 8 Plant Perpetual Harvest System (Closet) [Re: P-O]
    #722071 - 03/19/14 07:36 AM (10 years, 2 days ago)

Word PO thanks, that is a relief to hear because of a issue I just ran into.  Just started Master Kush pheno 1 because my unknown indica turned out to be the WORST hermaphrodite I've ever personally grown.
It had male flowers at each internode, and they were big round healthy male flowers not just little bananas sticking out of a bud. This is horrible because it puts a 6 week gap into my harvest schedule and I was hoping to get at least 2 oz out of this one plant. This plant also smelled amazing and unique so I am very disappointed. Why are there people out there polluting the cannabis gene pool with these horrible genetics!!!

Just started a MK clone that is about 8" tall and another big 2' tall seed plant flowering. Pic updates soon just have to charge my camera.

[EDIT: I will share my strategy for dealing with this hermaphrodite. So that it isn't a complete waste. I noticed there were more male flowers on the small lower branches so I cut everything off except for a few top kolas (4-5) and now I will just pull this plant out every day and pull off any male flowers I can find. It has been flowering 2 weeks. At this point if I throw everything away I'm losing a lot of bud and this plant has been vegging for at least 6 months. I'm gonna try to save the top 4-5 kolas without getting all my other plants pollinated. Of course this is almost impossible since once flower can have thousands of pollen grains...:frown:  I have two clones about 2 weeks from harvest so if they got pollinated they could be ruined since the seeds wont have time to mature. I hope that by pulling this plant out every day and pulling off any male flowers I can flower it to 6 weeks which should give me some bud thats at least worth smoking.]

--------------------

Edited by Doc (03/19/14 07:49 AM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#723491 - 03/27/14 08:39 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Update:

I am flushing a plant about to harvest. This plant has the biggest buds I've ever gotten out of this blue dream cross. I am so happy I am finally achieving a bud size similar to some commercial buds and the potency is way above average!!!

Once I harvest this plant I won't have any more powdery mildew in the grow room and I will sanitize everything and up my ventilation. I have a huge seed plant and a medium clone of the master kush. I am about start like 2-3 huge seed plants flowering. Pic updates when I harvest and change out my plants. The new plants are gonna be ridiculously tall and huge so I hope everything works out with them. I'm also worried the Master Kush won't be as potent as my blue dream cross but it should yield pretty well with the size of these plants. Temperatures are starting to go up in my area and I'm worried cause I don't want to start running my AC yet. Training and pruning these huge plants is a lot of work too so I'm not looking forward to that part either.

Edit (3/31): took 6 cuttings of Blue Dream strain (3/29). They don't look so good now but I'll probably be able to get them rooted. Finished flushing most mature plant and am just waiting for the soil to dry out very well before I harvest. I have been focusing on harvesting when the soil is really dry because it makes the buds dry quicker, but the soil has to be well flushed to do this.

Pics of some of my newer plants, they are just starting to flower.

Pics of the last plant I harvested, I also harvested one with less yield than this one about a week ago. I'm really stoked on this harvest cause the bud came out great!!

Update 04/04:

I have finally cut the last bud off my most recent plant, I was trying to let a seed mature that had formed in the bud from the indica hermaphrodite, even though I don't want to mess around with hermies it could be worth having this seed around incase I ever end up losing this blue dream cross.

Just repotted a big Master Kush seed plant, about 2.5 feet tall, I'm gonna have to train it down. The root system looked dried out and weak so I will have to let it recover...hope to yield two ounces from this plant. Pic update when my closet is filled to the brim with all these new genetics. I have been keeping the UK indica that hermed on me because the buds are forming nicely and there are no more male flowers at this point. Hope to yield between .5 and 1 oz on this UK indica. It would have been more than an ounce originally but I drastically cut her back to mitigate the pollen output. Male flowers were most concentrated on the lower portions of the plant.  I think the hermaphrodism may have been caused by light cycle fluctuations.

Update 04/22

The closet is full at this point, I am flowering out all my Master Kush plants and an UK Indica. Everything is looking alright but this master kush is a more sativa strain that I am having trouble with. I am having trouble with overfertilization even tho I'm following the fox farm feeding schedule. Two MK plants are at day 33. The rest are just starting to flower. Veg is going ok but I need to dial up my efforts to prepare for my next crop. I need like 4-6 clones of my main blue dream strain to put into flower as soon as these plants are done. Next harvest may 15. Pics soon

Edited by Doc (04/22/14 04:07 PM)

InvisibleP-O

#723500 - 03/27/14 09:54 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

sweet! 

Post a pic if u can :thumbup:

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#728492 - 04/30/14 08:19 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Update: 4/30

Ok so the closet is packed full of plants and everything looks good except for one big seed plant that isn't packing on the weight, the buds look tiny and I'm quite disappointed in the yield, she's about 2 weeks from the end of the 8 week cycle, I'm waiting for any signs that it is putting on more weight in the  next week, if not I'm going to chop her because I need to get a better plant in there ASAP. It's weird because I have a clone of the exact same plant in the closet and the clone is developing very nice dense buds of an acceptable size, where as the mother plant is barely developing what could be considered buds. Powdery Mildew hasn't been seen in a long time, I think mainly because I've been keeping the humidity at 0%, which prevents the spores from sprouting. Pic update soon.

Update May 8:

Temps have been rising, average around 73 in the beginning of the day and ending around 80...I have seen one day with temps closer to 90 but I still haven't plugged in the mini AC cause I don't want to spike my electricity quite yet...I am just at the point on my bill where they start charging more per kWh so I am hesitant to see my bill go up by a bunch just to run my ac.

My most mature plants have been pretty much ruined because they ended up getting pollinated by the stupid indica hermaphrodite. I am flowering another seed plant of the same indica strain and it is not showing any hermaphrodite flowers so I am thinking the last one was caused by light cycle fluctuations. I am probably gonna end up harvesting about 1.5-2 oz this time around but like I said the bud is pretty seedy. It is still really good so I am taking it as a positive because I will probably end up having this bud for a while, and I can use it to get me through dry spells. I finally have a very healthy mother of my Blue Dream strain going, and a very branched big clone to throw into flowering in the next 5 days. I also have 2 medium sized nice clones to transfer to my veg setup, and I am taking new clones. I am getting to the point where I can have enough clones of this strain that I can focus on growing it pretty much exclusively. I also want to try flowering out the indica that hermied on me again to test it and see if it is legit, because it yields really well and has a super unique grape scent, infact the person I got the plant from said it was grape ape, but they were unlabled.

--------------------

Edited by Doc (05/08/14 06:06 PM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#732781 - 05/23/14 04:24 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Update:

Woke up this morning to a disaster I guess my bulb burned out at some point last night and wasn't firing this morning. Luckily my grow shop replaced it under warranty and I got a free one with a brand new warranty! I felt cursed by god but now I feel blessed because my plants are going through their whole grow cycle with a practically brand new bulb since the last one was only like 2 months old, now this one is brand new! And I got to clean out my cooltube reflector for like the third time this month due to dust buildup from windstorms, I had to install a dust filter but need to upgrade at some point.

Buds are finally looking smokable, now everythign is just a waiting game and a point of personal opinion, flushing will start at week6 about 10 days from now and then at the end right before harvest.

I built a new veg cabinet with a single shelf. 2 feet deep by 56 inches Wide and 7 feet tall the shelf is three feet off the ground, I'm loving being able to work on my plants at waist height and not having to bend over to prune or water etc...it's awesome. I plan to flower in this cabinet in the winter to heat my house instead of an electric heater.

--------------------

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#742675 - 08/02/14 10:07 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Las policias es las criminales.

The crops are going well. Expanding the set up. I recently built a nice like 56" by 24" by 84" tall shelf. It can hold 5 of the standard propagation trays and currently holds a regular industrial three bulb T-8 hood with a t-5 jump start hydrofarm fixture attached.

MEdium has been changed to a 50/50 blend of half half peat perlite and a half half mix of FFOF and BLack Gold.

STill running FF fertilizer line up but not using flowers kiss or any of the new products in the new line up.  Started using AGe old liquid kelp, massive flower booster, and Cannazyme.

Started flushing for two weeks at end of 8 week flowering cycle. End consumers very satisfied.

About to start mixing coconut coir into potting mix to abate root loss from water fluctuations.

As soon as I am ready I will be upgrading to a 1000w setup with a sealed air cooled hood and hydro farm magnetic ballast, hortilux bulb. Also looking to upgrade to a nice Ebb and Flow setup.

Pics soon. Sorry everybody for the lack of pix, but not much has changed anyways since last post, about 1-2 oz per plant on a semi perpetual system. Low yielding plants seem to yield about an ounce but I have been changing how I prepare my plants for flowering to make sure they get fat kolas. More info on what I have been doing when I have enough energy to share. :-)

--------------------

Edited by Doc (08/07/14 12:18 PM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

#752952 - 10/14/14 09:23 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Picture update from september 6. These plants were about one month into flowering except for one which was just starting to flower then. My plants have been getting a lot bigger in the past few months, now rocking the three foot tall ladies :smile:

Pics of my latest plants coming soon. Hope everyone enjoys my pics! Been loving my bud lately its coming out so strong and clean and I have been achieving 2 oz per plant which has been a hard goal for me to reach.

--------------------

Offlinerichismalls
Stranger

#753383 - 10/15/14 10:40 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

very nice

Offlinedelta9hippie
Stranger
Re: 600w 8 Plant Perpetual Harvest System (Closet) [Re: richismalls]
    #753565 - 10/17/14 04:14 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for sharing!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds