Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Cheap ways to cover up grow smell.
    #442280 - 07/06/10 10:05 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, so I do not have enough money for an inline fan and a carbon filter. I could probably afford a carbon filter but would that even help considering I don't have anything to pass the air of the room through it?

I have 12 plants that are going into flowering today, and my dad and also our roommate told me they could smell them as soon a they woke up today. :/

Would massive amounts of air fresheners dampen the smell? Or incense inside of the grow room perhaps?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap ways to cover up grow smell. [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #442291 - 07/06/10 10:21 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Look into ONA gel/spray its affordable and works pretty good. You can also hit a nursery and get some well-developed pepper plants for a few bucks and arrange them around your plants. Might surprise you how effective they can be. :2cents:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: Cheap ways to cover up grow smell. [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #442293 - 07/06/10 10:22 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you very much man, I might have to try that....did you change your name? Weren't you integra or something before?

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #442295 - 07/06/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah it was 206.

Integra is still Integra as far as I know :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: Cheap ways to cover up grow smell. [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #442297 - 07/06/10 10:28 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Ohhhh ok. My bad. I recognized all those g13 grows hahaha.

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#442376 - 07/06/10 12:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Try this out, pasted off another website
Here is the link: http://www.rollitup.org/general-marijuana-growing/122179-results-diy-ona-scrubber-you.html

Quote:

After hearing too many complaints about my room's smell, I decided I had to take some sort of odor elimination trail... and I decided to go on a simple O(dor) N(utralizing) A(gent) route. That's the stuff that commercial bathrooms or other places may use to eliminate odors, since it binds to the molecules in the air and eliminates odor rather than mask it.

If you want to build one theres many tutorials with pictures, but this is how I did it in a nutshell.. So, I got a 3 gallon bucket, 2 screws, and screwed some circular fan to the bucket, so that it sucks air from the bucket and blows it out. Below the fan, I drilled 4 big holes( I purposely didnt want that many holes, the shits strong! ), so the fan can blow (fresh, clean) air out them. After doing all this... I pour 9 cups of water in ( which is about a Half Gallon ), along with 1 cup of ONA Gel, and 1.5 cups of soil moist.

Now, the room is in the basement... and it stinks up the whole basement with the dank smell of cannabis which I love to death... but unfortunatly others dont. It's so potent, with the basement door shut, the smell crept under the door and leaked into other parts of the house... so we had to put a towel under the door so this was prevented. I set the ONA scrubber in the basement ( but not in the grow room!! this would be a bad idea, trust me ), and within 10 minutes ALL smell of pot was COMPLETELY eliminated EVERYWHERE. The stuff is so effective, I actually have to buy a seperate timer to put this device on... because in my opinion it only needs to run for 20 minutes, maybe a few times a day.

So... if any of ya'll are having problems with Odor, you can build one of these things for under 20$, and use it ANYWHERE. It can be made bigger, smaller, and very easily so its very versatile. Now the basement and small parts of the house smell like fresh linen laundry smell! Maybe not reccomeneded for stealth ops... depending on how big of a scrubber you made and how much ingredients you use... it would be overwhelming in an enclosed room like a bedroom... or closet... but you could probably make a very small one with a computer fan im thinking... that lasts many months.

Cheers! Hope this maybe helps someone...

Could even make your own ONA blocks to carry around when traveling with pot in the car, or something.
I'm going to mix some in a small sprayer with water and see what happens.

I have really wanted to try this myself as it seems that it can be tweaked to combat odors based on dankness/number of plants.

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Cheap ways to cover up grow smell. [Re: NightGrower]
    #442380 - 07/06/10 12:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Just start saving some money, they are just barely going into flower, if they smell that much already, its gonna get worse. If you could afford the carbon filter by itself, I'm sure you could track down a squirrel cage blower in the "tools" section of the classifieds(newspaper,craigslist) for pretty cheap and rig something up to make it work. IME this is an area where you can't half ass/wing it, if you want the odor controlled you need to buy a carbon scrubber.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlinefungi
 User Gallery

Loc: Silicon Sizzle, CA USA Flag
Re: Cheap ways to cover up grow smell. [Re: DieselB]
    #442802 - 07/07/10 01:12 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Damn that ona gel seems just as effective as ozone. You can get an ozone generator used for cheap. A small one you can run on a timer for 15 minutes every 4 or 5 hours; no smell.

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Cheap ways to cover up grow smell. *DELETED* [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #442804 - 07/07/10 01:27 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: k

Offlinemcnastynasty
Columbus of the inner globe

Re: Cheap ways to cover up grow smell. [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #443141 - 07/07/10 05:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I vented a room that was eh...  10x8 or so with a Stanley blower sucking air through a carbon filter i built. vented into the ceiling.  the scrubber was just a box made of MDF (medium density fiberboard) and i made a square two inch think filter with thick chicken fence stuff and a thinner screening of sorts. 

it caused the room to have negative pressure and you couldnt smell the 26 plants in full flower.

pretty cheap. perhaps 100 bucks total including the 5 gallon jug of carbon off ebay.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap ways to cover up grow smell. [Re: mcnastynasty]
    #443146 - 07/07/10 05:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

criddopher said:
I vented a room that was eh...  10x8 or so with a Stanley blower sucking air through a carbon filter i built. vented into the ceiling.  the scrubber was just a box made of MDF (medium density fiberboard) and i made a square two inch think filter with thick chicken fence stuff and a thinner screening of sorts. 

it caused the room to have negative pressure and you couldnt smell the 26 plants in full flower.

pretty cheap. perhaps 100 bucks total including the 5 gallon jug of carbon off ebay.

Why more people don't use stanley's I will never know. Not surprised to hear that about your 10x8 space because it keeps extremely negative pressure in my 6x6x6, so much that I leave flaps open and it also acts as an intake besides cooling the lamp and exhausting the tent.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (07/07/10 05:47 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck