Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production with 250w HPS + 170w CFL in Soil)
    #426697 - 05/31/10 09:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Well I'll keep it short to start, since this run is very similar to my last, minus the scrog and substitute FIM + Supercropping.

Lighting- 250w HPS and 170w of CFL's.

Genetics- 4x Clones, f1 Bubba Kush x Super Skunk.

Soil- I'm using Fox Farm's Ocean Forest soil in 2 Gallon square-ish containers.

Nutrients
- Veg, I am using GH FloraNova Grow (1 tbsp/gal every 10 days) and Neptune's Harvest Organic Fish and Seaweed Fertilizer (1 tbsp/gal every watering).  Flowering, I am using GH FloraNova Bloom (1 tbsp/gal every 10 days)

Cab + Ventilation- I built a custom 2'x2'x4' cabinet with built in ventilation.  2 passive intakes on the bottom-sides and a 130CFM PC fan pulling the air through and out of the box.  I have a 70CFM PC fan circulating air at canopy level.  The inside is painted with 3 coats of Kilz 2, Sealer/Primer with white pigment.

These clones were taken from plants that were 4 weeks into flower, then revegetated for approximately 1 month.  They were FIM'd in essence because of the re-veg.  I supercropped them, directing all of the branches toward the outside in a circle, opening up the middle to fill in while keeping the canopy nearly as even as a Scrog.  Tomorrow is day 1 of flowering!  :yesnod:

Well here's what you were probably waiting for...

The seedlings are a part of my outdoor grow, oops they aren't a part of this but oh well they were uploaded with this batch so I'll just leave them.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production) [Re: Inverted]
    #426700 - 05/31/10 10:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice.  I like it man.  Got a question though.  How exactly do you administer your nutes that are mixed with the water so each plant gets a pretty even dose?  Just pour roughly a quarter gallon out of one container into each plant every 10 days?  And in between feedings, just regular water, right?

The reason I ask this is because I saw a guy who used a trash can to hold all of his water and used a water pump and some other shit and basically a water hose to water his plants.

--------------------

Edited by FarBeyondDriven (05/31/10 10:36 PM)

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production) [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #426729 - 05/31/10 10:56 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I use an old Capt. Morgan liter bottle with a carb hole drilled in it, and a flexible hose attached to the cap.  I have a line on the bottle for 1/4 gallon.  Yes just water in between feedings but I never need to do that.  I feed w/ organic every watering too, it's very mild.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#426738 - 05/31/10 11:05 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Nice system.  Good luck man.  I think you've got it under control though.  You got shit growin everywhere :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production) [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #426747 - 05/31/10 11:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Gracias amigo.  I think I do too, that's how I roll.  :pimp3:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#426752 - 05/31/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Gotta keep the hand strong :lol:

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #426947 - 06/01/10 03:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

CLEAN setup.

Any specific reason you dropped the SCROG? How often do you rotate those if at all? Looking great as always. :thumbup:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production) [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #426975 - 06/01/10 06:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Awesome Inverted.  Can't wait to see your (apparently rather large scale) outdoor grow.  Do you do anything to control smell with your indoor cab?  I imagine the genetics you are flowering get pretty stanky.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production) [Re: SmOakland]
    #426984 - 06/01/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

206- Wow thank you, coming from you that means a lot, you have one of the cleanest setups around here!  I decided to try out supercropping instead.  Last run I supercropped 2 tops that were unruly and it just so happened that they also produced the largest colas.  I figured it was worth a test so I tried it on the 2 larger clones and only select branches on the other 2.  I rotate every 2 days or so, and in no specific order.  I look for the branches that could use more growth and expose them as needed.

SmOakland- Hell ya man I appreciate it, and I am very glad to see you got a very similar setup going on.  Very nice to finally see another member get involved.  :thumbup:  It stinks up the room it is in but it doesn't leak to other rooms.  If I had a 400w I would definitely have to step up to a carbon filter but so far I really haven't needed it.  These clones actually aren't all too stinky.  I mean they smell incredible but they aren't constantly wafting off massive stink.  :lol:  I'll put it this way, they smell more than a normal plant during veg, but they almost smell the same in flower so in the end it's bearable.  :yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#427113 - 06/01/10 09:24 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I wish I could shrink myself to like a size smaller than a mouse and just walk around in that jungle you've got goin on.  It would be awesome :rofl:

--------------------

Offlinejokefox
Grow'it'all

#427356 - 06/02/10 02:50 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

sweet shit

--------------------
Cannabis training

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #427361 - 06/02/10 02:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Lol FBD your post reminded me of a trip I had whilst listening to hp lovecrafts the crawling chaos... I was visioning in my Mind the world he describes and the gigantic palm but it was a stanky bud plant. He also talks about exotic shrubs and vines and flowers and grasses twice as tall as him. I was imagining it to be all crazy ass bud plants. And I'm Not gonna lie I think the palm was 206's g13haze (might be another members though) the one in my sig

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production) [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #427381 - 06/02/10 03:32 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Plants are looking sweet Inverted, I'm glad I got onto this one early, don't wanna miss it like I missed the last log hahaha.

I like the light setup man, makes it look super pro and clean as a whistle I might add.

This looks like the sort of setup I wanna build in my shed but I'm waiting till I get back from an interstate trip soon.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production) [Re: T-Rex]
    #427429 - 06/02/10 09:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks guys!  I've learned a LOT of the key little tricks and tips by copying grows from OverGrow, then IC when that was lost.  I shadow the best growers and use some of their techniques and it really helps.  These 4 are actually sexually mature, whereas the last round was not and it took them between 14-21 days just to kick into flower.  This time around I'm expecting a faster finish.

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#429260 - 06/06/10 02:34 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

update?

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production) [Re: T-Rex]
    #429426 - 06/06/10 07:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I like to update approximately every 7 days.  I can't believe how much they have exploded in 6 days of 12/12.  They are already forming buds, which took ~14-21 days last run with this strain.  Having them sexually mature (alternating nodes) and fully established in their final pots BEFORE flipping to flowering made a huge difference.  They blasted into flowering immediately instead of pausing.

It's official, they are much too big for my cab already, I think I am going to have to take a bunch of branches as clones, actually I KNOW I have to otherwise I have to throw away 50+ clones...  They smell amazing already, the whole room stanks to high heaven.

I'll take pics in a couple days for ya.

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#429436 - 06/06/10 09:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:whacker:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#429437 - 06/06/10 09:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

right on  :headbanger:

--------------------

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
    #429881 - 06/08/10 10:46 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Inverted, Iam  interested in knowing what spectrum of CFL you're using during your grow.

With your ventilation, you're saying you use just one outtake fan and then a PC fan blowing at canopy level?  Where is the outtake fan located in the box?

Thanks for sharing the pics.  This is similar to my setup but much more efficient. ~P~

--------------------
Shroomery.org

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Bubba Skunk Clones - Round 2 (An Inverted Indoor Production) [Re: Psuper]
    #429901 - 06/08/10 11:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Day 8 of Flowering

Not much going on, just water this week after the first dose of FN Bloom.

Seems like a did a better job of keeping the canopy level this round, and I used a Scrog last time lol.  I did some tying down and a lot of supercropping.

Quote:

Psuper said:
Inverted, Iam  interested in knowing what spectrum of CFL you're using during your grow.

With your ventilation, you're saying you use just one outtake fan and then a PC fan blowing at canopy level?  Where is the outtake fan located in the box?

Thanks for sharing the pics.  This is similar to my setup but much more efficient. ~P~

I use 3,000k and 2,700k, Veg through flower with no ill effects... :shrug:

Yes, the outtake fan is the 130 CFM fan, and the circulation fan is like 70-90.  The fan is 3/4 from the top, at the back, on the inside wall.

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/354728/page/1

Thank you!  It's good to see new members.  :ganja:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom