Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Few Questions on how some things work... Newbish.
    #426299 - 05/30/10 11:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I have been a pothead since I can remember but I never took time to learn the Different seed banks? or Just all the confusing things explained here.

But one question that has been bugging me is How are the seeds obtained For example From what I have seen on here and read I here things about mix strains How are the seeds for mix strains obtained? Or how are the seeds gotten period. Cause from the good weed that I have smoked it never has seeds so I wonder how they get them and how they get so many.

Anyway It would be great if some one pointing me in the direction of information describing all this. Just where to start?

And I did grow once it was 1 seed Given to me by my cousin the strain was northern light for sure cause they were ordered. But it was a female but the lack of light/sun caused it to be a small yield I guess I should say?

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Few Questions on how some things work... Newbish. [Re: critik]
    #426357 - 05/31/10 06:19 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

By mix strains i presume you are talking about hybridized strains.  I read a book that pretty well outlined how the seed banks operate and I can't remember which book that was in, i want to say DJ Shorts.  The bud that you buy on the street has been grown with bud being the final product for sale.  Breeders are producing and selling seed.  Basically a breeder sends in his/her seeds to a seed bank and tells them about the strain or shows them a grow log of it (seed) being produced or a grow from that seed.  Anyway, the seedbank tests the product first.  Then they make a decision.  Think of a seed bank as a retailer, like walmart or circle k.  The breeders are manufacturing seeds.  Oh and if you meant hybrid strains when you said mix that just means the parents of the seed.  Every seed available these days is going to be a hybrid strain.  IDK how many landrace strains are out there still on the market.  Good questions though.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#426430 - 05/31/10 11:58 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

A male plant must pollinate a female plant and it will grow seeds.

The weed your smoking with no seeds has been isolated away from males to create a Sensimilla bud(seedless).

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Few Questions on how some things work... Newbish. [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #426716 - 05/31/10 10:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

HMmm there is a Lot to learn..

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #427474 - 06/02/10 10:56 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:
HMmm there is a Lot to learn..

And a lifetime to do it.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Few Questions on how some things work... Newbish. [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #427717 - 06/02/10 03:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

TRUEEEEEE

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals