Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: coda]
    #404828 - 04/21/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

fed tonight at a much higher dose.  Figure I'll hit them with a high PPM feeding or two before I have to cut back to use the gravity.  Now's the time they would be needing the higher boost anyways as the bulking weeks are about to begin.  Still not sure if it's an underfeeding, or overdose/salt problem that is causing the yellowing.  The buds are looking pretty good for the most part, hopefully they'll pack on a ton of weight in the next few weeks.

One thing I have noticed is it seems like more pistils are turning orange compared to the previous grows.  I haven't found any nanners, nor have the affected calyxes started to produce any seed.  So dunno what's up with that, possibly interrelated to the yellowing?

I'm just crossing my fingers this isn't going to hose my grow, I really need this one to give me at least a qp to get me through the summer.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #422015 - 05/22/10 11:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well I know it's been a while since I've updated.  I wasn't really happy about how this grow turned out.  I fucked up by not calibrating my pH pen and so this entire grow my actual pH levels were a full point below what I thought it was.  So these girls were fed at around 5.0 pH for most of the grow.  Explains a lot of the yellowing, stunted and slow growth, leaf problems etc.  I was able to get 3 or so weeks of feeding in at a proper pH and I think that helped tremendously.

Anyways total flowering duration was 68 days, I found one nanner on a plant and there was a ton of foxtailing this run.  Maybe I overestimated flowering times?  Maybe it was due to the pH problems, but I felt like these girls could have been chopped last week.  I would have too but they needed a flush so they got the extra week. Next run with them I'll chop a plant at 55-60 days and see how well it fares compared to those I let sit for 65+.

I'm thinking I'll end up with around 5 oz's this grow, but I dunno honestly.  The big buds are all rock hard and some of the smaller ones are a little fluffy but still dense.  So I may end up with more then I think I have.  In the end if I pull a QP I hit my 1 oz per plant minimum and will have more then enough to last me until my next harvest.  These girls are also super resinous.  At the end of the chop I culled about .5 gms of scissor hash to enjoy plus enough trim to give me another gram or two of oil at least.  Haven't had any hash since I chopped my ax x diesel girls so I'm super excited about that.

Anyways, I'm taking a week off to let these girls dry and to take a small break from maintenance.  I have four kushberry clones (two from each mom i have) ready to go in by next Fri/Sat.  I'll be popping the OG18 seeds next, and I'm thinking of running that cherry slyder again if I can find the room.

Anyways, that ends this grow although I'll be running this LA for a good while as I really enjoy it.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #423041 - 05/24/10 08:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

:murray:

Buds look great, can't even tell the PH was an issue. Someone is going to have fun this summer. :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #423129 - 05/24/10 01:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'd help him smoke it. :yesnod: Yes, sir!

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #423383 - 05/24/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys!  When they finish drying I'm going to take my gf's digi and see if I can get it to produce a better quality photo.  The buds are just dripping with resin and I'd really like to show it off.

At least 206 knows what I'm seeing :wink:

I fucked up on a small branch and snipped off a tiny piece that's just about to dry enough to smoke.  I'm gonna pop it in a bowl tonight and give it a rip, I'm sure it will be at least as good as last time (though I'm hoping for stronger).  After smoking the LA I chopped previously for a month, the ak x diesel I have kicking around feels like mids compared to it heh.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds