Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #410476 - 05/02/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, its just your right to tell them they can't search your car.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTROYED BY COPS ** [Re: DungenessDank]
    #410481 - 05/02/10 05:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have that right? Even when they have suspicion or "reasons" as they said, to search my car? I *should* of asked them "Why are you searching my car?", but I got too nervous. I can't handle those high-stress situations very well.

What I should of said was nothing. I was too compliant. I just didn't wanna get in more trouble by being vague and refusing. The power of the situation took over me, it was so surreal. It was like I was frozen or stunned by what was happening. Like a very bad dream.

I truely didn't know my rights.
~ TrueHerbCrystal~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: DungenessDank] * 1
    #410484 - 05/02/10 05:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Bumper stickers on the back of your car is not a good enough reason to search. Even if the sticker says "I smoke pot". If they had the right to search your car they would have just done it and not told you they were going to. Did your car smell like weed?

Just for future reference, never let them search your car. If you say "no" that doesnt give them the reasonable suspicion to let them search it.

Also, always step out of your car and lock the doors. If they ask you why you locked the doors just tell them its a habit.

Never leave your windows down either, especially if it smells like weed in your car.

And never leave things in plain sight.

If you follow all those rules you will most likely get away, and if you dont you will probably be able to get the case dropped.

Lying to the cops when your ass is in a bad situation is better than going to jail and having to pay up the ass in fines.

I dont know what state you live in, but the manufacturing of mushrooms in my state will land you quite a bit of time in jail since they are considered more harmful than weed.

Also depending on the state you are from the manufacturing of weed lands a pretty hefty sentance.

Dont worry yourself to death though, since there is nothing you can do about it now. The best thing you can do is get a good lawyer and hope that since it is your first offence they will let you off on probation.

You might have some felonys though dude, sorry to say it.

Court is fuckin scary as shit as well......but just be polite and have a good lawyer standing by you.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTROYED BY COPS ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #410496 - 05/02/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Drive to mexico. Right fucking now. I'm serious.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTROYED BY COPS ** [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #410499 - 05/02/10 05:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

:facepalm:

I'd rather live in jail than Mexico.......(well maybe not). He should just drive to Canada.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: Triptonic]
    #410502 - 05/02/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Trip, that really helped. I really apperciate your words. It makes a lot of sense now. Thanks so much. That deserves at least a +5. Sorry for dissing you on your grow. I feel so guilty about that now. :sad:

So, they didn't have the right to search even with those stickers.....I guess I don't know what a "without a reasonable doubt" really means as a reason for searching someone's car.

As for the locking the doors, I will do that next time.

For clarity, here's what it looked like in my car:

No drugs (weed, the acid) were in plain sight. The fresh weed was wrapped in tin-foil, and put into a semi-clear tupper-wear (not the best thing), but that's all I had. The acid and blank paper-towel things was inside an Altoids container, which was inside a clear plastic bag (not a good idea), which was buried inside black bags.

In fact, every thing was in black bags, covered with clothes. Nothing was in plain sight, no bongs or drugs. What WAS in plain sight was the fact I was carrying a lot of stuff for camping, so it was obvious I was going to an outdoor area, and since the rave was right there, they knew what was up. I tried to lie about it at first, but I had no story prepared. I'm horrible on the improv shit, so I was screwed.

Oh, and there was no smell. I did not even smoke that night, and the weed was in an airtight container, so no weed.

But in court, I'll definitely bring that up: they did not have good enough reason to search my car.

I hope I get probation or community service, or something like that instead of jail time. That would be much better than entering the Grinder.

Well, got to live with felonies now. That's going to make everything harder.

I'll have to prepare for the scarceness of court....hopefully I can get some money together to hire a semi-good one who maybe specializes in drug charges, who knows.

Thanks again Trip,
your words really helped.

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTROYED BY COPS ** [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #410503 - 05/02/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No shit. I know guys who are caught up in the legal system, they are fucked.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #410505 - 05/02/10 05:58 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah if everything you said was true, then they had no right to search. Now if they smelled weed or saw it or anything then ya they could have searched.

Also, knowing that you are going to a rave doesnt give them any right to search either, so you could have just said that.

Best advice is to just never let them search. They will be tricky about it and shit, thats why you get out and lock the doors so they cant open it. (make sure you bring your keys though).

Also, you acting nervous is not cause for them to search, just tell them you have bad anxiety or some shit.

But when you are in court now it doesnt matter if they had the right or not to search you, because you allowed them to do that by saying "no I have nothing in the car". To cops that means "go ahead and search my car".

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#410507 - 05/02/10 06:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Are you really serious?

Won't they just question me at the border, and find out I'm trying to leave the country? Seems like I would get in much worst trouble with that. If I did do that, I would go to Canada, because its closer. But I am half-Mexican, so Mexico would be better.

But then I would a wanted felony, a convict. You can't be serious Harry....if I get caught, seems like it would be WAAAYY worst for me.

Run away?
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineDANK
VERB CONJUGATeR+HERB INHALATOR
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: Triptonic]
    #410509 - 05/02/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

you need to make a case out of the fact that you felt the cop was denying you the right to refuse a search.

and Canada > mexico.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTROYED BY COPS ** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #410510 - 05/02/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Dont run man, I bet you get let off with a huge fine. If its your first offence. But look up your state laws.

Where do you live?

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#410511 - 05/02/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Just don't drive through Arizona.

OfflineDANK
VERB CONJUGATeR+HERB INHALATOR
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTORYED BY COPS ** [Re: DANK]
    #410512 - 05/02/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well once you're convicted you won't be able to leave the country, possess a firearm, or get a mmj license =(

so I say RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#410515 - 05/02/10 06:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
No shit. I know guys who are caught up in the legal system, they are fucked.

Thats scaring me D.D. I searched for Oregon laws (thats where I live), and found this Oregon website on Marijuana laws critical info that makes me feel a lot better I was only growing one plant holy shit!

Quote:

The website said:

Although Oregon has not legalized marijuana, possession of less than one ounce of marijuana is punishable only by a fine of $500 up to a maximum of $1000. Possession of less than one ounce of marijuana is a violation, not a criminal conviction. However, if the possession is within 1000 feet of a school, the possession of less than one ounce is a Class C misdemeanor.

Possession of one ounce or more of marijuana is a Class B felony, punishable by a maximum 10-year prison sentence and a $250,000 fine. If you are convicted of possessing more than an ounce of marijuana, and you have not been convicted of a drug offense before, you may ask for a “conditional discharge.” This means the judge will place you on probation for up to five years with the understanding that if you obey all the terms and conditions of your probation, the charges will be dismissed at the end of the probationary period. If the charges are dismissed, you may truthfully say that you were never convicted of that charge.

So if was growing just one more plant, I could have gone to prison for 10-years! Holy fuck thats scary! What I have done...but then there's that "conditional discharge", which sounds like my position. Hopefully I get something like that.

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Yeah if everything you said was true, then they had no right to search. Now if they smelled weed or saw it or anything then ya they could have searched.

Also, knowing that you are going to a rave doesn't give them any right to search either, so you could have just said that.

Best advice is to just never let them search. They will be tricky about it and shit, thats why you get out and lock the doors so they cant open it. (make sure you bring your keys though).

Also, you acting nervous is not cause for them to search, just tell them you have bad anxiety or some shit.

But when you are in court now it doesnt matter if they had the right or not to search you, because you allowed them to do that by saying "no I have nothing in the car". To cops that means "go ahead and search my car".

Fuck! You're right! I gave them the right to search my car by saying that! They had no right to search my car! Fuck! The legal system sucks! Its too confusing! Damn it.

Its too late now thou,
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) ** SEIZED & DESTROYED BY COPS ** [Re: Triptonic]
    #410517 - 05/02/10 06:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

:facepalm:

I'd rather live in jail than Mexico.......(well maybe not). He should just drive to Canada.

Well you've obviously never been to mexico then, parts of it are extremely fucking awesome.

Also, canada has extradition laws, so if he's caught up there he's instantly deported back to america and then fucked x10000

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#410523 - 05/02/10 06:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Then I just read this from the same website, I'm about to lose it....

Quote:

Manufacturing any amount of marijuana is a very serious offense. “Manufacturing” means growing even one plant, or packaging, repackaging, labeling or relabeling marijuana. Manufacturing marijuana is a Class A felony punishable by a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a $375,000 fine.

This can't be happening. No...no....I don't believe it. Prison?! 20 years?! What have I done....maybe Harry's right: time to start driving. I can't believe its that harsh....this can't be happening....

Prison....it can't be
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#410527 - 05/02/10 06:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Look up manufacturing mushrooms or psilocybin

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#410543 - 05/02/10 06:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Shit, if that scares you don't even look into manufacturing shrooms.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#410544 - 05/02/10 06:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I dunno man... I like to think you might get off easier than worse case scenario.  I just can't see them throwing the book at some kid with a single pot plant...

Washington and California are in the process of having legalization legislature on the ballots this november.. maybe Oregon too?  It's an election year man maybe this can become a political thing.  I'd be looking into who your judges might be and see what you can do about choosing one?  Maybe try to get in the paper or something so they are less likely to just bury you in the system.

The mushroom thing does worry me though.... Good luck man, keep us updated.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#410557 - 05/02/10 06:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, will do....

- I looked, could not really find anything on mushrooms and the laws for it.

I'm looking specifically for growing mycelium, which is what was doing. I haven't fruited them yet, but one jar did have one little mushroom on it, but barely anything really.

But I'll keep looking for those laws...
~ TrueHerbCrystaL ~

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds