Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDamion5050
Perscribing Mushrooms Is Fun
Male

Veg Lighting
    #395255 - 04/03/10 12:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I been reading and some people say to use 24 light for veg and some say 18/6.  So can 18/6 be used ?

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO CULTIVATE MUSHROOMS

Live well, laugh often, love much.  --  Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.  --  Dont follow the beaten path. Go your own way and leave a trail.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Re: Veg Lighting [Re: Damion5050]
    #395259 - 04/03/10 12:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:
I been reading and some people say to use 24 light for veg and some say 18/6.  So can 18/6 be used ?

Yes 18/6 can be used and is in fact preferred over 24/0 with plants from seed with clones this matters only if you are looking to save on the use of electricity.
Fewer hours of daylight increase the number of females as longer hours of daylight increase the number of males on plants grown from seed..
I use 16/8 and always have a higher than 60% female to male ratio.
I have an affinity to the femininity..

OfflineDamion5050
Male

Re: Veg Lighting [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #395296 - 04/03/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the input.  Next step on my list is to get some seed !!

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK

Live well, laugh often, love much.  --  Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone.  --  Dont follow the beaten path. Go your own way and leave a trail.

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

#395301 - 04/03/10 02:27 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineDamion5050
Male

Re: Veg Lighting [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #395321 - 04/03/10 03:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hopefully I won't have to pay for any.  I got a buddy in cali that may hook me up with some seeds from a streesed female..  So therefore they should be femenized seeds.

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #395384 - 04/03/10 05:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Either works good, but for me, I like to replicate nature as much as possible for my plants, so I use 18 hours On and 5 hours Off for vegging (even thou some people say MJ doesn't need to rest).

Although I've done only one grow (that's still going), I feel that its best to simulate an outdoor grow while indoors. Yes, you can veg for 24 hours On all day, everyday, but those plants are already under artificial lights, I feel its not good to make it more artificial by doing 24 hours full light. That lighting only happens in Alaska, and only during the summer. And its not full 24 hours in Alaska's summers: there's still 2 hours of dusk light. Point is, I think MJ plants are not bred enough to "enjoy" that light schedule: That would take some genetic engineering right?

Also, some people use 18-On/6-Off because its easier to stealth sound (due to noise of fans and such for cooling/FAE). So that's another reason besides the "its more natural" argument.

But T.C. growers like Harry_Ba11sach use 22 hours On, 2 hours off with no problem, so I guess its OK. But I recommend *some* rest time: all day light, every day is not natural to *any* plants.

But as with most things....

...The Choice is Yours.
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Loc: New World
    #395446 - 04/03/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yes yes, go ahead and use 16 from seed I actually use 14 to start then when I confirm fems I switch to 16. There are many things to be gained by using less. With more all you gain is a bit faster growth and higher electric bill, but whats the point if you cant get females which is a common problem for smaller growers using 5 or 10 seeds. :thumbup:

--------------------
Everything is fictional, I dont even exist.

OfflineDamion5050
Male

Re: Veg Lighting [Re: Union420]
    #395462 - 04/03/10 07:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

all i need is 1 fem and I am set lol

--------------------
AMU - Q&A
MY GROW LOG
MY ELEMENTARY COIR TEK

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Loc: New World
    #395469 - 04/03/10 07:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:

Well that being the case I would highly suggest using 14 or 16 to start them with. Not sure how many seeds your using or going to use but I imagine its not an amount that would be considered a commercial one so with what seeds you do use you want as many fems you can get so you can choose the best one to use as a mother.
So Id use the environmental conditions that encourage females and one of them is less hours of light. Like you said all you need is one and once you get that one you can choose to up the hours all you want.

--------------------
Everything is fictional, I dont even exist.

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

#395679 - 04/04/10 07:24 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:
Hopefully I won't have to pay for any.  I got a buddy in cali that may hook me up with some seeds from a streesed female..  So therefore they should be femenized seeds.

Quote:

Damion5050 said:

Ok..
Be aware when using femimized seeds from a stressed female that a seed from a stressed female are more prone to go hermaphrodite under minimum amounts of stress.
Marijuana plants that are stressed to go hermaphrodite for the purpose harvesting of feminized seeds become more likely to pass on the genetic trait of intersexuality so you will have to be extra careful not to create any stresses to your ladies especially during the budding cycle.
Also all the clones you take from a stressed females are gonna be a 100% genetic copy of your mother. Do you really want a grow room full of clones that could go herm at anytime for any reason and destroy your dreams of an ebb and flow table full of sensimilla?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds