Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm, guess not) 36 Days Flowering. FAIL!
    #376244 - 03/01/10 03:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Here is a progression of my 10 new ladies. They have been vegging under 2 OD shoplights for 6 weeks. Today is their first day of flowering. They have been topped twice.

They were started in 3in. peat pots in Expert Gardener organic garden soil. Transplanted to 2 gal. grow bags in a mix of Pro-Mix HP, Expert Gardner, bone and blood meal. Fed heavily with Fox Farms Liquid.

The peat pots are kept in nursery trays in the center slots. This keeps light from the roots and allows them to grow out the side of the peat pots. This makes for aggressive growth.

-1/17/10  Here they are right after popping the soil.

-2/1/10 (15 Days Veg.)

All plants were topped the day after these pics.

-2/10/10  (25 Days Veg.)

The plants need a transplant BAD at this point and I'm still waiting on grow bags. As a result they were topped a second time right after this picture.

-2/21/10 (35 Days Veg.)
Transplanted to 2 gallon grow bags. Cut off all the lower branches below where they were topped and a few branches above it. They're really taking off.

-2/28/10 (42 Days Veg.) FIRST DAY OF FLOWERING
They struggle to fit underneath the HPS.

There they are!!! I'll bring weekly updates (on Sunday) all the way till harvest. These should be completely finished at the end of week 8.:potleaf:

-3/8/10 (8 days Flowering)
These ladies have really taken off in the flowering stretch. They are now above my waist line.

One thing I noticed is that when they were put into flowering last week they had NO preflowers. They just started showing about 2 days ago. It's funny how I never noticed it until they were flowering. I just assumed they were there after 6 weeks.

This strain definitely has some unique traits. The fan leaves are really prone to snapping off. On the other plants the lower fan leaves not receiving light would yellow and pull off really easy. With these, all the leaves pull off as easily as a dead leaf. They just kinda snap off at the stalk without any effort.

The lower leaves that don't get light don't turn yellow. Instead they get these dry green splotches instead and start twisting sideways. Strange.

I'm really happy with the height they have gained and the way the main stems have really thickened up over the past week. Inverted mentioned on my last grow about not having enough airflow. After seeing my buds plop over the way they did, I have to agree. So I put in a big box fan. It makes a big difference especially with the dense vegetation.

I know that this strain yields less than the last one, so I am trying to get them as big as possible under this light. So far so good.
The stem in my hand is one of the tops.

-4/5/10 (36 Days Flowering)
Well. After being gone for 3 weeks I returned home to find my babies in sad condition. Before I left 2 more had hermed on me and were cut down, leaving me with 7. When I returned, one more had turned on me and spread pollen everywhere. There are A LOT of seeds forming and I'm sure it will probably break my yield for this round. The buds aren't fattening up like they should.

This strain definitely inherited the hermie trait in a bad way. So next time I'm going with many plants so losing a few won't affect me as much.

I also raised the light quite a bit before I left and that was a problem. They are now stretched beyond belief and I'm fighting them falling over. I have to finish them because it will be my only dope till next harvest at the end of July.

I hoped to eliminate all the popcorn buds by cutting the lower branches but I didn't go extreme enough. On the next grow I'm going to lollipop all the plants and focus on many plants grown "au natural" with one main cola. This will make it easier to spot hermies and eliminate them before they become a problem.

So I guess I'll end this log until harvest when I post harvest pics. I'm starting a new log this week with 33 seedlings (they already popped soil). Some will be for indoor. And the rest are being put on a schedule for outdoor planting and will be dispersed throughout the planting season at different ages. Stay tuned.

Edited by DrGreenThumb (04/05/10 07:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #376260 - 03/01/10 03:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh those are just gorgeous! I can't wait for 2 months from now. I'm predicting POTM nomination for april and may :lol:

--------------------

OfflineRenorCordic
Bio-Ranger
Male

Loc: Ancient China
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #376267 - 03/01/10 03:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Were your other 2 grows unsuccessful?

--------------------
Come with us now on a journey through time and space.
To the world of the Mighty Boosh!

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: RenorCordic]
    #376279 - 03/01/10 03:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Harry. I'm getting very excited.

RenorCordic: No, my first two grows were a great success. Here are some pics from the first one. And the second grow is in this thread.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #376286 - 03/01/10 03:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

liar those aren't plants. them are fucking donkey dicks

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: pha3r0]
    #376291 - 03/01/10 04:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah they are. On my next grow I plan to go all natural again with no topping or training. Hopefully I get 10 plants that look just like the big one in the first pic. I think that particular strain grows better without topping.

That is if I still haven't gotten a 1000W. When that happens I plan on ordering some seed.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #376293 - 03/01/10 04:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

How much did that center cola on the left one weigh in at? That's probably the biggest bud I think I've ever seen. Is that just the strain or did you remove all the side branches or something to encourage that to grow so fucking enormous?

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #376298 - 03/01/10 04:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The center cola ended up being a little over 30 grams. A little over an ounce. It has to be the strain. Being my first grow I didn't dare to cut anything off of them.

Next time I plan on going natural again but removing the side branches. They seem to grow stronger without topping. Maybe it was just my soil on the second grow, IDK. If I could get 10 plants, all with an oz. cola, I would be a VERY happy camper. They just take so damn long to completely finish (~10 weeks).

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #376299 - 03/01/10 04:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

oh really that's it? I must be getting my perspective confused with that door back there because I was expecting it to be in the range of a couple ounces or so... smaller nug than I thought or lower density? I've growth a 30 gram nug before but it didn't look anywhere near that monstrous!

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376301 - 03/01/10 04:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It looks like the top just shot out and made that spike during the stretch to me. Looks like spency's haze plants a little aren't those notorious for long stretches and big colas?.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: pha3r0]
    #376311 - 03/01/10 04:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The plant on the right in those pictures is the strain that is in this log. The seeds were from that plant. It yields less than the other strain so I'm trying to grow them bigger.

The plant on the right is the plant that grew 5 inches overnight! I got up one day and it was almost to the top of the reflector. It was more like a growth spurt as opposed to flowering stretch. As you can see it formed a very nice cola. I can't wait to see how these ones react.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #379824 - 03/08/10 06:00 AM (14 years, 24 days ago)

-3/8/10 (8 days Flowering)
These ladies have really taken off in the flowering stretch. They are now above my waist line.

One thing I noticed is that when they were put into flowering last week they had NO preflowers. They just started showing about 2 days ago. It's funny how I never noticed it until they were flowering. I just assumed they were there after 6 weeks.

This strain definitely has some unique traits. The fan leaves are really prone to snapping off. On the other plants the lower fan leaves not receiving light would yellow and pull off really easy. With these, all the leaves pull off as easily as a dead leaf. They just kinda snap off at the stalk without any effort.

The lower leaves that don't get light don't turn yellow. Instead they get these dry green splotches instead and start twisting sideways. Strange.

I'm really happy with the height they have gained and the way the main stems have really thickened up over the past week. Inverted mentioned on my last grow about not having enough airflow. After seeing my buds plop over the way they did, I have to agree. So I put in a big box fan. It makes a big difference especially with the dense vegetation.

I know that this strain yields less than the last one, so I am trying to get them as big as possible under this light. So far so good.
The stem in my hand is one of the tops.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #381724 - 03/11/10 05:10 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Really, no comments? I know it's not very exciting yet but, sheesh. I guess half ounce nuggets aren't good enough for people around here. Fucking haters.

Anyway. I found a hermie this morning so now I have 9 left. I thought it was a full blown male for a minute. Pods were growing at the main stem where preflowers usually form. It was in the garbage before I could even think about it. The root system was massive when I pulled it out of the grow bag. Not root bound at all but the diameter of a few roots was amazing.

The others, which were 12" on day one of flowering have now DOUBLED in size in a week and a half. I really can't believe it myself and I think that they are too big. On Tuesday I cut all the lower and short branches again for the third and last time. I hope it was enough.

I'm definitely shooting for an RO filter soon. I've been hauling good water to them instead of tap water since I started these ones and now it's getting out of hand.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #381727 - 03/11/10 05:35 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Looking good dude, Shame bout the hermie :jah:

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #381787 - 03/11/10 10:04 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

:awehigh:

Don't they get burned by that light?

Its looking fantastic though. I can't wait to see some buds develop on those.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: Dephect]
    #382258 - 03/11/10 08:59 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Dephect said:
:awehigh:

Don't they get burned by that light?

Its looking fantastic though. I can't wait to see some buds develop on those.

That's what I'm thinking?

You always seem to get plagued by a high stretching strain.  I've had a few phenos lately that didn't even double in height I don't think.

Maybe it's the high-bay setup, I'm not sure, but hell, it's fucking free!  :lol:

They do look awfully close, maybe try giving them a little more space?

Keep it coming man... :happyweed:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) 42 Days Old. Day 1 Flowering. [Re: Inverted]
    #382316 - 03/11/10 11:14 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

man i never seen this log, i swear there are too many going on to keep track of. but those plants are looking real strong, flowering pics are gonna be :crazy2:

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) Day 36 Flowring. [Re: Snurry]
    #396244 - 04/05/10 07:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

-4/5/10 (36 Days Flowering)
Well. After being gone for 3 weeks I returned home to find my babies in sad condition. Before I left 2 more had hermed on me and were cut down, leaving me with 7. When I returned, one more had turned on me and spread pollen everywhere. There are A LOT of seeds forming and I'm sure it will probably break my yield for this round. The buds aren't fattening up like they should.

This strain definitely inherited the hermie trait in a bad way. So next time I'm going with many plants so losing a few won't affect me as much.

I also raised the light quite a bit before I left and that was a problem. They are now stretched beyond belief and I'm fighting them falling over. I have to finish them because it will be my only dope till next harvest at the end of July.

I hoped to eliminate all the popcorn buds by cutting the lower branches but I didn't go extreme enough. On the next grow I'm going to lollipop all the plants and focus on many plants grown "au natural" with one main cola. This will make it easier to spot hermies and eliminate them before they become a problem.

So I guess I'll end this log until harvest when I post harvest pics. I'm starting a new log this week with 33 seedlings (they already popped soil). Some will be for indoor. And the rest are being put on a schedule for outdoor planting and will be dispersed throughout the planting season at different ages. Stay tuned.

--------------------

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) Day 36 Flowring. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #397199 - 04/06/10 06:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps its time to invest in some seeds...

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 3rd Grow. (Third time is a charm) Day 36 Flowring. [Re: Ojom]
    #397257 - 04/06/10 08:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah it is. Unfortunately, I just spent all my $$$ on new grow equipment. No sense growing good seed under a shitty light.

I'm doing one more run with this seed. I'm going with many, smaller, single cola plants this time. I'll be able to toss anything that hermies and spot it a lot faster. Doing it this way, I should be able to get the yield I'm looking for.

I got (2) 1oz. colas the first round so I'm gonna shoot for that or better on at least 8-10 plants.

These seeds seem to have inherited the hermie trait much more than the other strain did. So I'm gonna switch back to them despite the longer flowering time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder