Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Buddy Guy's Wise Grow Tips (#1) DON'T OVER FEED!
    #377620 - 03/03/10 07:58 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Enthusiasm is good but don't get carried away. Little palnts don't want to be pounded with high levels of nutrients. Ease them into it. Think new born. Don't exceed what their leaf surface can handle. Their up take is determined by their square inches of solar panel. You can feed them more in more increments as they develop more leaf surface to eat with. This is part of listening to your plants. Don't over feed.

Edited by Buddy Guy (03/04/10 06:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Don't over feed. [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #377634 - 03/03/10 08:23 AM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Buddy Guy said:
Enthusiasm is good but don't get carried away. Little palnts don't want to be pounded with high levels of nutrients. Ease them into it. Think new born. Don't exceed what their leaf surface can handle. Their up take is determined by their square inches of solar panel. You can feed them more in more increments as they develop more leaf surface to eat with. This is part of listening to your plants. Don't over feed.

Great advice :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Don't over feed. [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #379501 - 03/07/10 01:59 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

I agree.  I usually go as light as to see some N def. early in flower, but once they are able to handle the elements I put the hammer down, but only periodically.  The reason the instructions tell you to use a certain amount it is usually profit based and they want you to use more than is necessary so you keep coming back often to purchase more.  I have tested using minimal amounts, as well as maximum amounts, and following most companies recipes is usually more than necessary.  At least that is IME, it may be different for certain strains, but one thing to remember is that, It's 100% ALWAYS better to under-feed than to over-feed and burn your plants.  You can always add more food, but it's a lot harder to fix the stress and damage caused by burns, not to mention the growth stunt.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains