Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Mid-Flowering Opinions
    #378080 - 03/03/10 08:48 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Some pics to make you interested....

Annnnnnnd now to my question.  I'm not really looking for an answer, more just looking for opinions on how other people handle this.

Ok so I'm just over 30 days in, and I just performed a good flushing of the soil tonight, because I started to see some signs of salt buildup (first signs of clawing beginning).  Personally I'm going to really nail them with nutes in the next week, then go easy until flush. 

I'm curious how heavy other growers go on the nutes near the end of the flowering cycle... Does it really make a difference yield-wise?  I don't really know, because I stick to what works for me, but I am curious if anyone else has a light to shine on the subject.  Anyone?

:happyweed:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: Inverted]
    #378119 - 03/03/10 09:53 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I flush every 2 weeks, I go as hard as my plants can handle and still have time to flush. I like to use bud boosters and hormones.

--------------------

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions *DELETED* [Re: Inverted]
    #378232 - 03/03/10 11:42 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #378238 - 03/03/10 11:57 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

lampshadehelmet said:
Nutrients only do so much and are last in line to light, co2, temperature/humidity.

Wrong. high levels of light are useless if there aren't proper levels of nutrients available to utilize it. High levels of nutrients are useless if there isn't proper lighting levels to consume them. High CO2 levels are useless if the temps, nutes and light aren't all maximized to utilize the increased atmospheric carbon. It's all about finding the correct combination of all the factors, a plant will only grow as fast as the most limiting resource allows. If you have 10,000W of light on a single plant with perfect temps, high CO2,  but no nutrients, it still won't grow. bottom line.

--------------------

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions *DELETED* [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #378244 - 03/04/10 12:11 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #378282 - 03/04/10 04:12 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

For me with an eight week blooming strain for example, weeks 5 and 6 are the heaviest feeding weeks.  During week 5 they get PK boosters and molasses, and also with my feeding regimen they also get Sweet.  Week 6 they get all of the above, in addition to Gravity which works extremely well at getting ROCK hard buds.  I really think the PK boosters can do wonders if timed right and used right.  With the 8 week bloomer in soil weeks 7 and 8 would be the flush.  It is kinda hard to time it all with new strains since I am always growing something different and you never really know exactly how many weeks they will flower.  Deciding when to initiate the Gravity feedings is the tricky part, because you have to do two a in a row in the 3rd week before harvest.  As soon as I see the first amber trichomes I start the Gravity feedings, then it is on to the flush.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: dutc2006]
    #378285 - 03/04/10 04:26 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I've decided recently that the best way to feed is to try to gauge when your plant is about to want to progress.

Like, feeling that your plant is about to bust out some good growth and feeding to help boost it, or at least help her compensate for all the nutrients she's about to use...
I noticed during my last grow that the 4 week mark, just after the basic buds have been marinating for awhile, and before a lot of swelling, those secondary calyxs are about to pop... I think this is the growth we'd try to augment.
:shrug: noob observations.... :bongload:

Interesting to hear your guys flush as much as you do though... and clawing = buildup?  Nice thread man.  :thumbup:

Just thought of a couple other things too...
Couldn't you ask Magash for a good feeding and progress rundown with those girls?
And I forgot the other thing...
Oh yeah I remembered.... What about your Cha-ching?  That stuff calls for use during the last two weeks of flower, but I think it could be used in lieu of the beastie blooms too... eh?

Edited by DudeTron (03/04/10 04:42 AM)

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: DudeTron]
    #378296 - 03/04/10 06:58 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Well Inverted this is my first run through but my plant is taking about what I speculated as far as nutes go. I figured I would end up feeding it about what my Thrive said for 'small shrubs and trees' and I just hit that mark with the last feeding. I also went ahead and gave it some kool bloom which I was not going to do but it's still got 3 weeks at least to go. Boy am I happy I did. Since the day after all the colas have been swelling.

It's kinda weird like one cluster of calyxes will swell out then another somewhere else on the bud then another and another till you can't tell the first group swelled, it's like popcorn kinda :smile:

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #378318 - 03/04/10 08:48 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:I'm curious how heavy other growers go on the nutes near the end of the flowering cycle... Does it really make a difference yield-wise?  I don't really know, because I stick to what works for me, but I am curious if anyone else has a light to shine on the subject.  Anyone?

:happyweed:

The plants are looking great as usual! I'm extremely conservative with nutes, I feed between 1-1.5 EC during flowering even if I know the strain can take 2+. The primary reason I do this is because feeding less = more feedings between flushes. I smoke 100% of what I harvest too though, so yield is not my top concern.

Since we test our runoff water (or res) regularly we should know how much of the solution our plants are actually utilizing.

Say I'm feeding @ 1.2 EC during flowering
The runoff is @ 0.8 EC
I could easily continue this for 10+ feedings before having to flush

On the other hand lets say I feed 2.0 EC
The runoff is @ 1.4 EC

Sure the plant utilized more nutrients, but a much smaller percentage overall. Logic tells us there is toxic salt buildup happening here, even if the plant appears to be handling it ok at the moment. I might be able to feed 2-3 more times before I need to flush.

I guess what I'm saying is: Since most nutes are chelated and absorbed by plants immediately, I never understood the point of overloading with nutes and then forcing the plant to tap that overload during a flush. When you have to flush you have to flush I just think they should be as infrequent as possible.

Sorry if all this came out unreadable I'm pretty geeked.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/04/10 08:49 AM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #378574 - 03/04/10 06:42 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Couldn't you ask Magash for a good feeding and progress rundown with those girls?

Mags nute schedule: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=1&Number=268294&PHPSESSID=&fpart=1#268294

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: coda]
    #378584 - 03/04/10 06:50 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

Mags nute schedule: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=1&Number=268294&PHPSESSID=&fpart=1#268294

favorited, thanks!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #378589 - 03/04/10 07:01 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

been in my reminder threads bucket for months now as well :wink:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: coda]
    #378664 - 03/04/10 10:41 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Interesting, thank you all for posting I am glad I got some replies!

Well I could ask magash specifically about this strain I suppose, but I more or less like to feel it out.  I really hammered on these ladies this time to try to kick them into flowering faster, it didn't seem to work speed wise, but they really took off once they did start blooming.  I fed them every watering, every 4 or so days.  No burns at all.  I even see some light greening going on already and I still have a month left.

I flushed them again today, just for the hell of it.  It can only benefit them, as I have great drainage and don't have to worry about root rot.  I did notice cleaner runoff this time so I'm glad I decided to give them another gallon today.  After they suck up most of this moisture though, I'm going to lay on the Cha Ching and a full dose of FloraNova.  I've never used name brand nutrients like these before so hopefully it was worth the cash.  I have a feeling the buds are really going to start bulking up after that feeding, not to mention I basically doubled my lighting tonight, by adding 150w of red spectrum CFL's to the Cab... :evil2:  I can't wait for another week to go by to see the difference.  Perfect timing to add light IMO.

--------------------

OfflineSimple
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: DudeTron]
    #378667 - 03/04/10 10:46 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

DudeTron said:

Oh yeah I remembered.... What about your Cha-ching?  That stuff calls for use during the last two weeks of flower, but I think it could be used in lieu of the beastie blooms too... eh?

U run Cha Ching last 3-5 weeks, depending on what type of buzz that buds dumpen

--------------------
Sifting through the shit of life

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: Simple]
    #378710 - 03/05/10 01:47 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

I wouldn't use more than 1/4tsp / gallon Cha Ching on those though to start.  Those look more in the Beastie Bloomz stage.  You should be good either way with your good flushing habits.  Hopefully you are using molasses or something similar because at this point in those plants lives is when it will do the most good.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#378746 - 03/05/10 10:35 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

dutc2006 said:
I wouldn't use more than 1/4tsp / gallon Cha Ching on those though to start.  Those look more in the Beastie Bloomz stage.  You should be good either way with your good flushing habits.  Hopefully you are using molasses or something similar because at this point in those plants lives is when it will do the most good.

I was going to use a little over 1/4 tsp...  It says use in the Middle through the end of the flowering cycle for best results.  I gave them a couple doses in the early flower just for shits.  I'm also going to use 1/2 tsp of FloraNova Bloom and Molasses.  I give them Mol. every other watering.

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mid-Flowering Opinions [Re: Inverted]
    #378831 - 03/05/10 04:15 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Right on!  Inverted, shoot me a PM if you would like to give Gravity a try.  I could send you enough to give it a go on one or two plants as a tester if you would like.  It is only used the last two waterings before the pre-harvest flush.  It works well enough that I would never go without it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder