Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Lumatek Ballast ?
    #376137 - 03/01/10 12:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Is this the ballast that lets you cut your power down by a switch?

My new Sun ballast tested OK 3 times and the 4th time makes a weird noise.
I'm so goddamn pissed right now.
Got plants under it already.

Hopefully this is the ballast I want.

http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=902520

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: KaptKid]
    #376292 - 03/01/10 04:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ansewered my own Question.

To pissed to use the search before.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: KaptKid]
    #377316 - 03/02/10 07:31 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

find a safer place to buy it.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: Pilze]
    #377394 - 03/02/10 09:07 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

RVF is just fine.  They're a sponsor of the growery as well.  Not cool to knock the companies that keep our servers online.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #377499 - 03/02/10 11:05 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
RVF is just fine.  They're a sponsor of the growery as well.  Not cool to knock the companies that keep our servers online.

My thoughts exactly.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #377691 - 03/03/10 10:42 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

im not knocking the company at all. ive never ordered from them. i said find a safer place BECAUSE this site is about growing an illegal plant. ordering from a grow website using a code only growery members are given is pretty stupid IMHO. if youre going to grow, awesome. dont slip up.

im all for keeping the site up and everything, but im MORE for the safety and freedom of fellow cannabis lovers. nothing personal against RVF, i just think its pretty stupid to order from that place using a growery code to get a discount, and then turn around and grow marijuana.

be safe people!!! thats all im saying.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: Pilze]
    #377699 - 03/03/10 10:55 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

im not knocking the company at all. ive never ordered from them. i said find a safer place BECAUSE this site is about growing an illegal plant. ordering from a grow website using a code only growery members are given is pretty stupid IMHO. if youre going to grow, awesome. dont slip up.

im all for keeping the site up and everything, but im MORE for the safety and freedom of fellow cannabis lovers. nothing personal against RVF, i just think its pretty stupid to order from that place using a growery code to get a discount, and then turn around and grow marijuana.

be safe people!!! thats all im saying.

Two things:
Everything they sell is legal
They don't post in cultivation forums

Also, I wouldn't order online if I didn't live in a MMJ state...but thats just me.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/03/10 10:56 AM)

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #377704 - 03/03/10 11:01 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Unless it's a really great deal your going to be better buying it locally or even a few counties over if you can. If the local shop is more see if they will match the online shop's price. After finding a hydro shop in my little cow town I am positive most people in the US have one near enough.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: pha3r0]
    #377997 - 03/03/10 06:49 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

ive seen a few of night train's posts in the cult forum.  I thought i posted in here already.  I know i wrote some stuff out for this thread.  i basically agreed with HA.  Ordering the supplies is one of the least risky aspects of this hobby (aside from knowledge gathering).  I dont think there's much debating that.  They would have to have probable cause or reasonable suspicion at least to subpeona RVF's information and he may very well destroy it after the transaction is completed.  I would feel confident ordering from them anytime.  but that's kind of a digression from the topic.  I have heard great things about the lumatek ballasts.  Im surprised ballsachs hasnt chimed in yet.  I know he runs a few of these.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #378117 - 03/03/10 09:51 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I have done some searching and when I make the plunge there will definitely be lumatek ballasts sitting quietly in the corner of my dream room. Just seems nothing gets the reviews that lumatek gets and they really aren't much more expensive.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lumatek Ballast ? [Re: pha3r0]
    #378168 - 03/03/10 10:38 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I bought a lumatek 600w (120/240)
I've had no problems with it
I forget it is even there

I can't really give a stronger endorsement of a ballast than that. I haven't used the super-lumens switch or dimmer, but they are cool to have. Some dutch guys ran some pretty thorough tests on lumatek 600w, here is an english translation: http://www.greenpassion.org/showthread.php?t=17683

--------------------
|

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds