Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Nutrients, time to stop dickin around.
    #374000 - 02/26/10 09:37 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok for those in the know I have been using this stuff Zamzows Thrive for vegging. It's a 4-1-3 with a lot of molasses and seemingly a good mix of micro nutrients (have not had any problems yet). It is cheap and it's local which I really dig so I am going to keep using it unless I have problems in the future. Zamzows also makes a Thrive Plus which is a stronger blend something like 10-5-10 or so and they make a Thive Bloom which is 10-28-8 or something close to that, problem is they are just as expensive as a lot of other bloom mixes and not specially blended for cannabis and I suspect they have a high PH like the regular thrive.

That leads me to want to order something that is verified to give good results. What I would like from you guys is some input on which product or group of products would fit in nicely with the Thrive I am already using, i.e. something that covers the ground the thrive doesn't and adds the extra P and K for flowering. I know that's a tall order but if I am gonna plunk down for some real nutrients I want to know I am getting what I need and not being redundant. Also if anyone thinks I should ditch the Thrive and just get a veg/flower combo system holler.

I am also accepting advice on products outside of the nutrient group. I don't want anything that will adversely effect taste even if it packs on huge weight this is for me so quality is key. But adding some weight or finishing quicker or improving taste and smell, those are all things I am down with and wouldn't mind spending some bucks on for this next go around :smile:

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutrients, time to stop dickin around. [Re: pha3r0]
    #374594 - 02/27/10 12:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Kool Bloom liquid or Powder will give you a strong P + K boost during flowering.  The liquid is meant to be used during the earlier stages of flowering and the powder is meant for the later (although I'm sure you could use the powder if you used a really small dose all throughout).

Snow Storm for added trichome production and gravity for extra density are two other I can suggest.  The snow storm is really cheap, but the gravity will set you back (although it last foooorever since you only use a little bit for two weeks).

You could also look into fox farms cha ching and open sesame as well.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Nutrients, time to stop dickin around. [Re: coda]
    #374821 - 02/27/10 07:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

cool i will take a look at those products a bit later i am just doing a drive thru here real quick before I go check on momma and drink the night away.

one other thing I want to keep in mind while selecting nutes is that so far the Thrive has slowly but steadily raised the PH of my soil. I have adjusted it down with vinegar but If one particular nutrient has a low PH I might not have to adjust it any more, at least for the flowering which is where the PH has become a problem.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #374990 - 02/28/10 12:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You shouldn't be relying on using another nutrient to lower your pH.  Just buy some pH up and down from GH and you'll be set.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Nutrients, time to stop dickin around. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #374994 - 02/28/10 12:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah I know I shouldn't rely on it I was just saying that would be a benefit. it's prolly not even worth considering after i think about it i have the ph thing pretty much solved unless I change mediums.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineTomCollins

#375013 - 02/28/10 06:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Kool Bloom liquid or Powder will give you a strong P + K boost during flowering.  The liquid is meant to be used during the earlier stages of flowering and the powder is meant for the later (although I'm sure you could use the powder if you used a really small dose all throughout).

Big Bud by AN also does this.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Nutrients, time to stop dickin around. [Re: TomCollins]
    #375027 - 02/28/10 08:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

KK, I read a thread over at ICmag berating AN for there prices one several products, one in particular which is advertised as some miracle food source for your microbes and it's just blackstrap molasses in a fancy jar. That makes me wonder about the company but if the BigBud gives results I will look at it.

We drove into Ontario yesterday hopeing to find a gardening or hydro store but couldn't. Partly cause my cell phone is ghetto and only works in like 2 counties here partly cause it was already late afternoon when we got there.. I did find a really sick bong at the place called New Visions. It might be the one I am not sure yet but it's way high up on my list.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#375246 - 02/28/10 02:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, well, well I had a great little surprise today while driving through town. A fucking hydro supply shop just popped out of nowhere. I was like STOP my wife damn near did right in the middle of the road.

The place is really small but oh my god was it divine. It's packed from floor to ceiling with everything one could ever need except the actual plants. He carries every product AN has plus full nutrient lines from general hydro, fox farms and a few others. He's got the FF OF soil, he's got my square pots, he's got every thing in there I was in heaven. He is a little pricey but it seems like stuff is still less then shipping and again I love to support local shops.

I went ahead and settled on Kool Bloom after talking to him for a bit about his options. I almost bought some gravity also but am going to wait till next cycle to get it. Now that I found this place things are lookin up. He also has 400w cool tubes for $200 with a galaxy ballast which is pretty good if I am not mistaken and probably my next light purchase.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #375252 - 02/28/10 02:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yah 200 bucks for a ballast + cool tube is a pretty good deal.  Cool tubes usually run about a 100 bucks, 400 watt ballasts around 150, a 400 watt bulb can be had for 60 or so bucks (i use an ultra sun 600 watt bulb which ran me 60 but I'm not sure if they make a 400).  I'm sure you'll like the kool bloom, I picked it up myself after reading so many great grow logs.  I'll know for sure how much I like it when the harvest comes in :wink:

As for prices, well, hydro shops are kinda pricey but if you factor in the costs of shipping from an online store they usually work out to be the same.  Plus if you make your face seen around the shop, spend some dough there, and chat up the clerks, most times you'll walk away with a bunch of free stuff with each visit.  The hydro stores I've been to usually get a ton of sample stuff in and they hand me bottles of stuff to try out (most of which I don't like anyways).  Plus you have the added bonus of being able to return defective equipment to a store instead of having to deal with sending it back in to get fixed/a replacement.  My hydro shop will actually give me loaner equipment or let me buy something and return it no questions if it's not what I need.  So, while you do end up spending more sometimes, the added benefits of an actual store outweigh the benefit of a cheaper price from an online shop.

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#375261 - 02/28/10 02:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yup that's what I like about buying locally. Having some ones ear to pull on when there is a problem or just being able to go physically handle a product prior to sale is often a key factor in my purchases.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #375272 - 02/28/10 02:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Plus for people like us who really enjoy this as a hobby, it's like going to a toy store as a kid.  You have all these shiny new things to look at and talk about, plus you can sit there and (discreetly) discuss your hobby and how the shiny new things work etc.  Sometimes I go there only needing a small thing, but spend 2 hours walking around picking up bottles of nutes, and chatting with the owners.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale