Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: Pilze]
    #362154 - 02/11/10 05:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

no thats the thing theirs no sign of male flowers on it and i cut away the male very early as soon as i was for sure it was a male the pollen sacks where hardly visibly but i could tell that they where balls instead on hairs, maybee somehow it was able to pollenete this lovely female somehow?

or it could ahve been a stress related isusse due to the lights coming on and off during its vegg state? im not to sure but the seed is gone ill take a look around again today and see if theres anymore and take a pic to show(what i should have done with this!!)

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: theman420]
    #362196 - 02/11/10 09:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ok if thats a female plant (for sure) and it grew a seed, then it most likely went hermie on you. although i thought it would take longer for a seed to grow and mature.

my best guess is hermie. which isnt bad. you might just end up with one seed, you might have a couple. no worries. just dont stress your plant any more. be as nice to it as you can.

some of my pistils turned orange 25 days into flowering. i thought they got knocked up, but they didnt. not even 1 hermaphrodite, no nanners (check the tops of each bud for nanners), and ya, check every bud over for sacks. im pretty sure the pistils on my plants turned orange because i used to take them out and put them in my bathtub to water. now i just water in the grow room and throw right back in the tent. you dont want buds hittin other buds. theyll get caught up in each other.

anyway, hey man, ill throw up a few pics of my plants i took yesterday.

Offlinetheman420

#366803 - 02/17/10 08:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well the seed wasnt fully mature yet.
i just know it was, it looked like a pollen sack(and ive had hermies with this strain before) so i pulled it off and it popped out and mushed up like a very pre-mature seed!
but other than that one off act of the ganja god, things are looking very nice! smelling very fruity now like some fruity pebbles, with a hint of that coffee smell too. the white hairs are still white just packing on the thc now and getting fat! a few more days and its the breeders recommened harvest time but since this is been back crossed like 3 times it may take longer... the leafs near the buds are very sativa looking while the bottom ones are indica looking.

im not very good at estimating time cause i usaully grow outside but they could easily go for say another 2-4 weeks putting them at 9-11 weeks of flowering, this sounds about right though?:confused:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367092 - 02/18/10 12:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Can't wait to see the final product. My dad bought a 40watt panel to try out and hes liking it for his seedlings(not cannabis, the old mans a prude) but I told him I would take it if he didn't like the results he got :smile:

Any chance of some pics soon?

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: pha3r0]
    #367208 - 02/18/10 09:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

9-11 weeks sounds like what im doing with my JH's. ill be 7 weeks into flowering tomorrow. beautiful buds but not much of a stink which is nice, considering my location. (stinky and STICKY if i touch a leaf or bud)

of course idk what strain you have (not sure if you mentioned it, sorry) but the sensi seed where my genetics came from said the flowering time on jack is 50-70 days. sativas definitely take longer to mature than indicas, so be patient!! whatever you do, DO NOT HARVEST EARLY!!!! make sure to pick up a 30x magnifying glass w/ that built in light so you can check out the trichomes and see if youre ready.

next time i grow i wanna grow indicas. shorter plants, shorter flowering time. :smile:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367210 - 02/18/10 09:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:

next time i grow i wanna grow indicas. shorter plants, shorter flowering time. :smile:

Yeah I got people holding bagseed for me since I don't want to order online due to my location. Plan to start a ton of them along with my summer garden shit and keep the most promising. Either that or I will be in Cali in may and my buddies there have blue dream, GDP and some skunk crosses (prolly from the freebies that company did a bit ago since they said they have 4 or 5 different crosses) they grow for a dispensary and said I could take some clones with me if i didn't mind crossing state lines with them.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: pha3r0]
    #367504 - 02/18/10 06:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

the strain is a nirvina? f3 cross of top 44. tried to make it purple flowers, and maginta hairs when its done flowering. its a work in progress.

i took a tester bud today its a reaal mellow high, come up was a bit fast but its lasting a long time! i will post pics 2mrw when i get a chance that will be day 44 of flowering the recommended time to harvest when i got the seeds 3 years ago. im hoping for an quater to an oz to come off this plant. if not i did make clones right now a have 6 but lets hope they last ive never been able to make cutting root but i did get lucky with 2 hope the other 4 work out!

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#368334 - 02/19/10 07:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

update with some pics, this is day 44 of flowering, the recommended time to harvest as you can tell they are defiantly not ready! no hairs have changed colours yet.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#368508 - 02/20/10 10:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

what are you using to look at the trichomes?

Offlinetheman420

#368962 - 02/20/10 08:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

its something you look at with diamonds, its probably not the best but it does help to get pretty close. i cant afford one of those magnifiers so until i can harvesting will have to be done with precaution!!

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#369277 - 02/21/10 12:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i got one of the 30x microscopes they sell at garden/hydro stores, and its amazing. its just damn near impossible to keep it still enough to get a good look at the trichomes...

Offlinetheman420

#374432 - 02/26/10 10:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

a lil update, flowering may take longer unless it has a growth spourt or something the hairs are only turning orange now. i hope the buds beef up to but cant hope for much if i haven't used any fertilizers since the veg state but they seem to be really healthy and put a strong aroma in the air! the crystals are getting coated to the leaves and where the hairs of the bud is getting big enough to see! I'm thinking this may just be the best grow I've done yet... or had the chance to let fully mature.

should have some nice dank to smoke for 4/20 anyway!!

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#374536 - 02/27/10 10:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

the buds should swell up in the last 2 weeks before harvest, although, because youre using LEDs, the buds will be fluffy and not compact and dense. its all about the light. LEDs have enough power to veg a plant, but flowering is still a bit difficult.

and why the hell arent you using any nutrients?!?!?!

Offlinetheman420

#374804 - 02/27/10 07:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

lol well, i didn't have any money to get any, hopefully i can pick some organic bat poo up or something cheap.

the buds seem to be way denser than i would have ever thought! I've bought bud that didn't look as dense and its just the part where the hairs come out are not as big as they should be. but only about 10% of hairs are orange so I'm going to let it go all the way and dry it up and cure it and see how it looks.

most of the time when i do it outside it gets to cold and i have to chop them down before this point, so its all kinda new to me I'm pretty excited to see how well it turns out. I'm not to worried about yield or crystals so much as thick dense buds. i want most of the THC to convert into CBD and than ill dry and cure.

also i noticed a banana at the very tip of the bud! so now were dealing with a slight hermie problem... im going to grow the rest of the clones out and start over since its not that bad but i dont want a hermie trait in my strain!!

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#375040 - 02/28/10 08:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

theman420 said:
lol well, i didn't have any money to get any, hopefully i can pick some organic bat poo up or something cheap.

the buds seem to be way denser than i would have ever thought! I've bought bud that didn't look as dense and its just the part where the hairs come out are not as big as they should be. but only about 10% of hairs are orange so I'm going to let it go all the way and dry it up and cure it and see how it looks.

most of the time when i do it outside it gets to cold and i have to chop them down before this point, so its all kinda new to me I'm pretty excited to see how well it turns out. I'm not to worried about yield or crystals so much as thick dense buds. i want most of the THC to convert into CBD and than ill dry and cure.

also i noticed a banana at the very tip of the bud! so now were dealing with a slight hermie problem... im going to grow the rest of the clones out and start over since its not that bad but i dont want a hermie trait in my strain!!

youre not worried about yield or crystal???? or CRYSTAL!?!?!?! the trichomes are what makes cannabis AWESOME!!!!!!!! without trichomes, you dont get high!!!! that should be your focus man, what are you saying?! i would rather have fluffy buds covered in crystals than dense buds without many crystals.

oh well though man. you (and i both) are learning. but the next time i grow, im gonna be doin some retarded shit.

nutrients are a MUST!!!!!

Offlinetheman420

#375399 - 02/28/10 05:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yes nutes are a must! there are tons of crystals and i took some tester buds and they got me high so i know this will. as long as i get some smoke thats fine with me, true im still learning and taking it slow and figure it all out. maybe next grow i will get a tent and some nutes that will help out sooo much! i think im a week behind flowering of you!

--------------------

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #375504 - 02/28/10 07:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

theman420 said:
yes nutes are a must! there are tons of crystals and i took some tester buds and they got me high so i know this will. as long as i get some smoke thats fine with me, true im still learning and taking it slow and figure it all out. maybe next grow i will get a tent and some nutes that will help out sooo much! i think im a week behind flowering of you!

Don't worry about it too much if you are growing in soil. I've never used nutes on my plant for the same reason. Your harvest should still be some great smoke, home grown always is.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Offlinetheman420

Re: 90w LED grow [Re: Snurry]
    #378359 - 03/04/10 11:59 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Snurry said:
Quote:

theman420 said:

Don't worry about it too much if you are growing in soil. I've never used nutes on my plant for the same reason. Your harvest should still be some great smoke, home grown always is.

yeah i just snipped some more off and smoked it leaving the four main stems on the plant 50% of the hairs are orange. the leaves are crystally as hell! the buds are fat but not very big. gets me very high but at the same time its something i can control easy!
im just wondering now if nutes just make the buds like on crack and bulk up like that. the other homegrown ive seen it kinda the same as this stuff?

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#378408 - 03/04/10 02:28 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

nutrients play a key role in the bud and resin production. if you dont have the level of nutrients the plant needs, then dont expect to get everything you can out of the plant. fox farm is designed for tha ganj (as far as i know) i know advanced nutrients is. fox farm has grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom, along with the 3 pack of open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching. going by the fox farm chart will allow you to get everything you can out of your plants.

nutrients are a must!!!! sure you can grow a bud plant without nutrients, but dont expect it to be DANK.

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #378524 - 03/04/10 05:20 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

theman420 said:
Quote:

Snurry said:
Quote:

theman420 said:

yeah i just snipped some more off and smoked it leaving the four main stems on the plant 50% of the hairs are orange. the leaves are crystally as hell! the buds are fat but not very big. gets me very high but at the same time its something i can control easy!
im just wondering now if nutes just make the buds like on crack and bulk up like that. the other homegrown ive seen it kinda the same as this stuff?

It'll all fill out in the last 2 weeks, be patient. If you want 'buds-on-crack' you'll need to create the perfect ecosystem for the plants.

I watched that last LED grow, and even with high intensity spot lights I didn't see any advantage in them, what made you go for them?

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom