Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Philosophy
Apothecary

Loc: Surrounded by dead things
150w HPS grow (New Question)
    #367518 - 02/18/10 06:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Will a 150W HPS light be good for 8 plants (starting from seedling) for 2 months? Or would i need to step up to 400w?
I plan on replanting outside and flowering naturally after the first 2 months.

Edited by The_Philosophy (02/25/10 03:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAKSE

Re: Brand new to growery and my first grow [Re: The_Philosophy]
    #367635 - 02/18/10 08:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A single CFL?  That will be fine to get them out of the ground, however after that I would switch to your HPS, or atleast add some more CFLs.  I would also recommend germinating your seeds in a moist paper towel or toilet paper instead of planting them directly.  That way you know for certain that your seed will sprout.  I would recommend you use nutrients other than Miracle Grow, you'll find that most people agree.  I personally like Natural or Organic fertilizers like Fish Emulsion and Morbloom, they are more forgiving and have a much less chance of burning your plants than Chemical fertilizers.  Also, I would use natural soils like Foxfarm, Black Gold, or Hyponex.  That way you can add whatever nutrients you wish; where as Miracle Grow soil is already loaded with their own fertilizers...forcing you to use them (even their 'Organic' soil mix has trace amounts of their fertilizer):thumbdown:  If you've already started in the MG soil, there is no need to bother changing it, just something to keep in mind for next time around.:thumbup: Other than that, your plan thus far sounds good to me!

OfflineThe_Philosophy
Apothecary

Re: Brand new to growery and my first grow [Re: AKSE]
    #368192 - 02/19/10 03:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Will i get any negative shock from transplanting indoor 1½ month old plants to outdoors?
I'll switch up my fertilizers but the soil/perlite will have to say since i've already planted them..

Thanks for the tips

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #368268 - 02/19/10 05:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The_Philosophy said:
Will i get any negative shock from transplanting indoor 1½ month old plants to outdoors?
I'll switch up my fertilizers but the soil/perlite will have to say since i've already planted them..

Thanks for the tips

1 1/2 months is pretty far along, they should be fine. If you want to play it safe just bring them out a few hours per day and gradually increase it until you think they can safely make it through the night.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineThe_Philosophy
Apothecary

Re: Brand new to growery and my first grow [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #373411 - 02/25/10 03:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Bump, new question

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #373439 - 02/25/10 04:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Please start new threads for new questions(or append your new question as a new post in the current thread).  If you deleted your first question and replaced it with a new one, the rest of the thread makes no sense and it makes it difficult for people to hold a linear conversation.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds