Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehsi
Psilocybian Translator

Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!!
    #324047 - 11/30/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So I found a thread on here about using Urine in a Hydro setup.  there were allot of people saying all sorts of different things, like it'll kill the plants and so forth.  knowing this was false, I decided to do some extra research, seeing as there are only 4 threads on "urine as fertilizer" on the growery.

This is a great idea for most anyone to use.  Especially in poverty stricken countries, where the cost to fertilize ones land is enormous.  this is a great way to teach people to be self sustainable.  Not having to rely on chemical fertilizers that bring in big bux for giant conglomerate chemical companies!!

Anyways, i hope someone finds this interesting.  here it goes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a scientific study published in The Journal Of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, that was conducted using urine to fertilize the tomato plant.  It's great, you all should really read this one.

Stored Human Urine Supplemented with Wood Ash as Fertilizer in Tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) Cultivation and Its Impacts on Fruit Yield and Quality

http://pubs.acs.org/stoken/presspac/presspac/full/10.1021/jf9018917?cookieSet=1

Excerpt:
"The new study found that plants fertilized with urine produced four times more tomatoes than non-fertilized plants and as much as plants given synthetic fertilizer. Urine plus wood ash produced almost as great a yield, with the added benefit of reducing the acidity of acid soils. "The results suggest that urine with or without wood ash can be used as a substitute for mineral fertilizer to increase the yields of tomato without posing any microbial or chemical risks," the report says."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.iees.ch/EcoEng011/downloads/EcoEng011_F2.pdf

Quote:
Urine typically contains 70% of the nitrogen and more than half the phosphorus and potassium found in urban waste water flows, while making up less than 1% of the overall volume. Thus source separation and on-site treatment has been studied in Sweden as a way to partially close the cycle of agricultural nutrient flows, to reduce the cost and energy intensity of sewage treatment, and the ecological consequences such as eutrophication, resulting from an influx of nutrient rich effluent into aquatic or marine ecosystems. The fertilization effect of urine has been found to be comparable to that of commercial fertilizers with an equivalent NPK rating.

http://arc.peacecorpsconnect.org/view/482

Excerpt:
" Urine as a fertilizer- Urine is a locally produced resource that is free.  As a fertilizer it is effective, is a high quality fertilizer, urine is sterile and requires no processing other than dilution, is readily available, can be used immediately or stored, rapid acting, and is easily applied. Urine provides a constant supply of fertilizer, instead of the annual or semi-annual composting systems that require physical labor to aerate and require management.
As a fertilizer, urine is rich in nitrogen and also contains substantial amounts of phosphorus and potassium.  A family of four produces enough urine to fertilize 1/3 of an acre at a rate compared to the application of 100kg per hectare in developed countries -note that Africa currently has the lowest fertilizer use in the world at 8.5kg per hectare.  The use of urine as fertilizer has been studied by Arba Minch University  in Ethiopia and the Sodo Agricultural Department investigated the use of human urine as fertilizer for different crops. Their research indicates equal or higher yields of maize and wheat when fertilized with urine when compared with the applications of chemical fertilizer."

Quick guide for using, storing, and dosing of urine for plant growth.
http://www.amu.edu.et/ROSAfiles/UrEng.pdf

http://www.liquidgoldbook.com/

Quote:
"Urine contains large quantities of nitrogen (mostly as urea), as well as significant quantities of dissolved phosphates and potassium, the main macronutrients required by plants. Diluted at least 8:1 with water it can be applied directly to soil as a fertilizer. Undiluted, it can chemically burn the roots of some plants, but it can be safely used as a source of complementary nitrogen in carbon rich compost."

http://www.newvision.co.ug/D/8/13/701616

Excerpt:
"Tushabe added that human urine is a good fertilizer because it contains nutrients that support plant growth.
He noted that in countries like Ivory Coast, Eco-san toilets have increased agricultural production by three-fold."

Last but not least  here are a ton more links about the use of urine as a fertilizer.  You too can find out by typing in "urine fertilizer" into Google!! In case ya'll aren't familiar with this procedure I have enclosed a link here that does just that for you!!:wink:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+urine+fertilizer&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g4

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: hsi]
    #324053 - 11/30/09 08:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yup. I used 1 part piss and 10 parts water to water my plants the first time I ever grew.

Wasn't too bad. Smelled like shit though.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: meatcakeman]
    #324123 - 11/30/09 09:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sure it works, it's lacking in some areas though from what I hear.  I certainly wouldn't use it by itself and expect great results.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #324125 - 11/30/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Good for lemon trees

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #324146 - 11/30/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Good for lemon trees

You pee on your lemon tree too?

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: SmOakland]
    #324149 - 11/30/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If I had one I would, but sadly I dont :facepalm:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: Triptonic]
    #324151 - 11/30/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I swear to God you guys can make my head pound. Should you have to use piss to grow your plants you shouldn't be growing but maybe finding a fucking job.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: Magash]
    #324152 - 11/30/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I pee in my compost:shrug:.  I would never pee anywhere near my plants.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: hsi]
    #324153 - 11/30/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

scientific research never "proves" anything

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: Magash]
    #324155 - 11/30/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok ok jeez Magash calm down.

I'll pee in your mouth where you like it :rofl2:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #324163 - 11/30/09 09:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with magash! I was in that original thread that he's referencing, and I stand by everything I said there. Urine is NOT a good fertilizer. Acceptable, yes. Good? absolutely not.

it's fucking retarded for the OP to claim that it's a good way for 3rd world farmers to add nitrogen (enough pee to cover an entire field? give me a break), AND that it's great for tomatoes too. No fucking kidding a Urine crop produced 4 times more than an unfertilized crop, an unfertilized crop probably produced 1 or 2 at most because the plants were starving to death. that's not science, it's self-fellatio

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #324170 - 11/30/09 09:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Im pretty sure they do use feces/urine to fertilize crops in most third world countries.  I know they do in Korea.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: SmOakland]
    #324176 - 11/30/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

with multiple contributors though. not just one dude trying to pee on an entire 700 acre plot

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #324211 - 11/30/09 10:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Sure it works, it's lacking in some areas though from what I hear.  I certainly wouldn't use it by itself and expect great results.

It was a supplemental fertilizer, not a fundamental fertilizer. I was wondering if it could add to my all-organic nutrient tea, and it did. I didn't really notice humongous beneficial impacts, but it works.

It's not the best in the market, that's for damn sure! :rofl:

If that were the case, I'd bottle me up some meatcakeman's all organic piss for all of you to have. They're great as christmas presents.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: meatcakeman]
    #324285 - 11/30/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Wow this is über embarrassing. :blush:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: TomCollins]
    #324395 - 12/01/09 04:41 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

whoa.  How did you get an umlaut?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #324402 - 12/01/09 05:19 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

What? Oh my god....

öööööööö... what's going on!?!
äääääääää... oh no!
üüüüüüüü... I'm turning....
ééééééééé... turning into...
ààààààààà... NOOO!
èèèèèèèèè... EUROMAN!!!
ßßßßßßßß... AAAAAAAAAHH!!

SCHIEßE!!!! ICH BIN JETZT DER EUROMAN!!!!!! ICH KANN NICHT MEHR ENGLISCH SPRECHEN!! ACH NEIN!!

My keyboards Swiss. :tongue:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Human Urine for Fertilizer!!! - Scientific Research Proves it Works!! [Re: TomCollins]
    #324502 - 12/01/09 12:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

nice. So which language do you speak better?

OfflineTomCollins

#324958 - 12/02/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

From best to worst: English, Estonian and then German.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies