Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSuperBudMan
Weedaholic

need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help?
    #401097 - 04/13/10 11:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

ok so ive got 9 little guys growing all in like 1.5 litre pots, not quite ready to transplant into bigger pots but theyre starting to grow lots of foliage.

the problem?
i used miracle grow organic choice (i know not the best) to pot these and have only been giving them water for the past 1 - 1 1/2 months and their leaves are starting to look really yellow at the bottom and some are totally dieing. the top growth is fine but im thinking its time i need to feed them.
Now i dont get paid for another week and a half so i want to use just a quick fix so these guys dont get really bad (as some are getting there...).
ive read coffee grounds would work for some nitrogen? how do you apply them..used, fresh ground, mix with soil, could you even just water them with coffee?
idk thanks for any help in advance its my first grow and i want to save these guys until i can buy some proper nutes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? *DELETED* [Re: SuperBudMan]
    #401130 - 04/14/10 12:16 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: 6

Edited by wishcouldeletethis (04/14/10 12:18 AM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #401139 - 04/14/10 12:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

DON"T GIVE YOUR PLANTS URINE.

God, that's just retarded.  While it does have some nitrates, it wont help you all that much.  I would have you get miracle gro over giving them piss.

Here ya go 2 bucks and I bet it's better than piss

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&resnum=0&q=plant+fertilizer&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4504499684812503082&ei=s2PFS9HLIovUsgOe4c21BA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=6&ved=0CDAQ8gIwBQ#

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Female User Gallery

Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? *DELETED* [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #401144 - 04/14/10 12:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Reason for deletion: k

Edited by wishcouldeletethis (04/14/10 01:00 AM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #401169 - 04/14/10 01:45 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

No, it's thoroughly retarded.  If it were out doors I would say no problem piss away.  But when you have a potted plant and doesn't have the balances of nature.  Don't piss in it, it's just plain retarded.

The nutrient I posted was 2 dollars.  Bums can scrape up way more than that for their daily booze requirement. 

Beyond that urine really doesn't contain what pot wants or needs.  Period.  So I stick by my statement.  It's fucking retarded to piss on your plants as a means of fertilizing them.

--------------------

-niteowl

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #401172 - 04/14/10 01:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I swear to God you guys can make my head pound. Should you have to use piss to grow your plants you shouldn't be growing but maybe finding a fucking job.

This shit has been brought up time and again.  It needs to stay dead.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #401222 - 04/14/10 05:36 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
It's fucking retarded to piss on your plants as a means of fertilizing them. ...it's thoroughly retarded.

I don't care how much you dilute it, it's poison. It's about time people get a fucking clue. Most people have been here long enough to know this yet a few still give this stupid advice anyway.

Notice that the ones who tout this advice are the people who ain't growing shit! :rolleyes:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Female User Gallery

Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? *DELETED* [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #401301 - 04/14/10 11:43 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #401367 - 04/14/10 02:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Your tone is not going to do you any favors.

On your own admission, you say you don't know, and don't care if it will hurt the plants, SO THEN...

Why give the advice? and 2nd of all why get so upset when someone who does know and care corrects you about it.

I've seen you give some pretty shitty advice in the cultivation forum before, so maybe you should just think before you post here.

:justdontknow:

Female User Gallery

Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? *DELETED* [Re: DungenessDank]
    #401405 - 04/14/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#401414 - 04/14/10 05:56 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It's bad because it's human excrement.. We "piss" that shit out for a reason, and while there may be some beneficial things in it. Its not worth it, the human body uses the urinary tract to expell all kinds of nastyness. Why the hell would you wanna put that into your plant when you have so many other options?

Bottom line is, if you can't afford to grow the right way, even using the $2 fertilizer.. You shouldn't be growing at all, because you're just risking legal matters for a yield of nothing, and probably a plant that won't even make it to flower.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? [Re: DieselB]
    #401529 - 04/14/10 08:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well.  To take this seriously I decided to do a little research.  And I'm going to have to side a little bit more with lamp at this point.  With some points of contention. 

After doing a little research they're doing quite a bit of studies on this topic.  Golf courses are one of the largest users of reclaimed sewage waste.  They water they're greens with it and that allows them to stay out of the fresh water sources.  Awesome work they're.  They are also studying ways to be able collect and contain the material.  It is not stable for very long.

On the other hand using human excrement to fertilize crops that are going to be used for consumption is something to be done with a little bit of apprehension.  Human urine while most of the time is sterile, does pose to be a carrier of disease.  And you may not even know that you have the disease, yet still be a carrier.  So be aware there could be unknown ramifications down the line of this practice.

Also, you don't know how much of the NPK you are giving by using this method.  So there is no way to regulate what your plants are getting.  I know, I know, this is just to get him through.  But I feel that if your going to start trying your hand at cultivation.  Then you should come into this prepared.  Esp. if you even want the smallest of results.  A little bit of research and patience can pay off a lot in the end.  Don't just half ass everything, you'll end up disappointing your self.

And trust me dude, no penis envy anywhere to be had man.  I stick around these forums BECAUSE they're just starting out.  And I want to make sure that people are getting sound advice.  And even with the research I did.  I still will not offer this as advice.  I still do no think that it is good practice in cultivation.  If people cannot afford to start this hobby then they should wait it out, do more research in the meantime, and start out the right way.  Not by half assing it.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #401704 - 04/15/10 06:06 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sorry lampshadehelmet. Guess I should have proofread my post before posting it. I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I personally think you give great advice on here most of the time. I value your input and wish you'd stick around the cult forums with us. I'm just edgy lately because I'm out of dope until 4/20.

I didn't base my response on nothing though. Maybe I should have clarified. Last year I pissed on someones lawn about twice a week for a month (and there was a lot of rain). At the end of the month, all the grass had died where I pissed. Grass is a pretty hardy plant especially this far north. I just figured if it kills grass in that short of a time then is no way it could be good for plants. I'll be the first to admit that my observation is not based on quality research but personal experience.

Again I'm sorry. I'll try not to be such an asshole in the future.  :banghead:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Female User Gallery

Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? *DELETED* [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #401956 - 04/15/10 12:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#401981 - 04/15/10 12:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineSuperBudMan
Weedaholic

Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? [Re: DieselB]
    #402180 - 04/15/10 04:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Damn lol in the past couple days i havent checked this and bought a "liquid growth plant food 10-10-10"

will this be fine for 2-4 weeks? Would using
at double strength equal 20-20-20?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: need cheap temp fertilizer for vegging..help? [Re: SuperBudMan]
    #402192 - 04/15/10 05:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

10-10-10 in itself is pretty high, so no, you don't need the 20-20-20.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder