Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Finishing fast!!!! How do you?
    #369151 - 02/21/10 05:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I need tips on finishing up my tops fast. I need to give them the chop a week from now and the tops are still growing. I asked about this in my GreenThumb Garden thread but no one answered.

They need to finish by next Sunday so I can flower the other 10. In a week they're going to be INSANE so I have no choice.

I heard if you keep them in lights out for 48hrs. they'll finish. Put them in front of a window? Anyone have ideas?

You can see that the tops are still growing while the bottom of the colas have matured. The closer to the bulb the more new growth there is. Look at the one in the background.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Finishing fast!!!! How do you? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #369152 - 02/21/10 05:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

How many weeks of flower have they had already?

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Finishing fast!!!! How do you? [Re: DungenessDank]
    #369153 - 02/21/10 05:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

68 days Flowering. A little over 8. 9?

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Edited by DrGreenThumb (02/21/10 05:59 AM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#369154 - 02/21/10 06:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hopefully in a week they will be mature enough. It sounds like you already have to get them out of there. I hate to see someone chop down a perfectly nice immature cola if it can be avoided though. All the advice I can give is start flushing her, I don't know of any way to get a bud to mature faster or we'd all be doing it lol.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #369155 - 02/21/10 06:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They were already flushed like 2 weeks ago. And have been given straight water ever since.

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #369161 - 02/21/10 07:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You should be fine in a week...Keep it on schedule.

Looks good.

You will finish a littler early I expect but I mean..Not worth starting to mess with all that other shit..

It seems like when I'm flushing my plants they seem to mature quicker....Like I'll flush it good over a couple of days and then not water it until harvest..

Just an idea

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Finishing fast!!!! How do you? [Re: mhbound]
    #369170 - 02/21/10 08:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

with 8.9 weeks gone already unless it's a really long flowerer a week should be fine, and what kind of a problem is buds that wont stop stretchin any ways?

what strain are those?

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
    #369235 - 02/21/10 11:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Hopefully in a week they will be mature enough. It sounds like you already have to get them out of there. I hate to see someone chop down a perfectly nice immature cola if it can be avoided though. All the advice I can give is start flushing her, I don't know of any way to get a bud to mature faster or we'd all be doing it lol.

"Finishing fast!!!! How do you?" You Don't.

Start flushing her so all the nutrients will be leeched out of the soil by the time you have to cut them down. The dried buds will burn better and not taste like nutrients

You say they are approx 9 weeks into flower. By the time you need to cut them down they will be 10 weeks into flower. That is plenty of time to mature Buds. Depending on what kind of lights you are using. What Kind of light are you using?

DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE WINDOW!! That could damage them, slow them way off, or burn them. Changing their light source that late into flowering is never a good idea.

Putting them into 48 hours of darkness is used to send the plant a strong signal to flower. You do that between veg. and flower.

Edited by Buddy Guy (02/21/10 11:33 AM)

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Finishing fast!!!! How do you? [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #369272 - 02/21/10 12:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Whoa Bud, simmer down. Read. I flushed them like 2 weeks ago, like I already said.

I'm using a 400W HPS and they're like an inch or three from the bulb. Putting them in front of a window definitely won't burn them.

pha3r0: I guess it's not a problem per se, but I need to finish them in a week. I think the strain is Sensi Star. At least that is what I was told. The seeds are really small. For a future grow, I'm definitely going to order some Sensi Star seeds to see if this if what I really have. Plus it's a Cannibus Cup winner and Paradise Seeds star strain so I can't go wrong.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #369464 - 02/21/10 03:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Buddy Guy said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

Start flushing her so all the nutrients will be leeched out of the soil by the time you have to cut them down. The dried buds will burn better and not taste like nutrients

You say they are approx 9 weeks into flower. By the time you need to cut them down they will be 10 weeks into flower. That is plenty of time to mature Buds. Depending on what kind of lights you are using. What Kind of light are you using?

DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE WINDOW!! That could damage them, slow them way off, or burn them. Changing their light source that late into flowering is never a good idea.

Putting them into 48 hours of darkness is used to send the plant a strong signal to flower. You do that between veg. and flower.

Good advice and Welcome to the Growery.  Stick around holy shit we need more people like you around here!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #369503 - 02/21/10 04:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

10 weeks should be good for most strains, but it really does depend on strain over lighting. Lighting will help in making a stronger product, but not sure your theory of lighting finishing the grow up makes too much sense?

But Welcome to the Growery!

:getstoned:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Re: Finishing fast!!!! How do you? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #369709 - 02/21/10 07:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:
Whoa Bud, simmer down. Read. I flushed them like 2 weeks ago, like I already said.

I'm using a 400W HPS and they're like an inch or three from the bulb. Putting them in front of a window definitely won't burn them.

pha3r0: I guess it's not a problem per se, but I need to finish them in a week. I think the strain is Sensi Star. At least that is what I was told. The seeds are really small. For a future grow, I'm definitely going to order some Sensi Star seeds to see if this if what I really have. Plus it's a Cannibus Cup winner and Paradise Seeds star strain so I can't go wrong.

I never said Putting your plant in front of a window "will definitely burn it". I simply stated it could. That would depend on how much light your window of choice is receiving. A 400 watt bulb cannot even touch the intensity of the sun. As for not noticing that you already stated that you began flushing your plant(s) "like two weeks ago". I apologize for that.
Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

Buddy Guy said:
Quote:

DungenessDank said:

Good advice and Welcome to the Growery.  Stick around holy shit we need more people like you around here!

Thank you for that, sir. Good to meet you.
Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
10 weeks should be good for most strains, but it really does depend on strain over lighting. Lighting will help in making a stronger product, but not sure your theory of lighting finishing the grow up makes too much sense?

But Welcome to the Growery!

:getstoned:

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I know genetics are the determining factor for the finishing time for the marijuana plant. Indicas= shorter flowering times and Sativas= longer flowering times. I was just trying to see if Possibly. Mr. DrGreenThumb was growing a predominantly sativa plant under some CFL's or something like that. That would aid in making a plant mature slowly. That is why I asked that. Thank you for the welcome.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #369740 - 02/21/10 08:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Buddy Guy, don't take it the wrong way, I wasn't taking a stab at you or anything. I'm actually kinda honored that you decided to make one of your first posts in my thread. It's pretty sound advice for the most part.

I've heard of the 48hrs. of dark thing between veg. and flower also. Seems to me, that is far from the natural cycle of the plant and would never do it myself. I think that technique is more geared toward the impatient crowd. I can wait for them to flower naturally; they take just as long to finish all the same, as far as I can tell (from the threads where I've seen it done).

Definitely an indica dominant strain here. Broad leaves, close nodes, not much stretching, yadda yadda. Just takes forever (see NEVER) to completely finish.

I hope you get move up North soon Buddy (sooner rather than later). You're missing out on all the great growing fun. It's good to have you on board.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #369800 - 02/21/10 09:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Get the water down to 50f next time you flush, just a few ice cubes per gallon should do it. It will harden up the buds and accelerate any color changes. Just be careful not to get any colder than 50f or you can risk root rot.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Finishing fast!!!! How do you? [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #370221 - 02/22/10 02:51 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

what he said,

i use bottled water from my fridge and let it sit out for just a second beforehand

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #370240 - 02/22/10 06:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I can't thank you enough 206!!! That's the answer I was looking for. I can't believe that didn't cross my mind earlier.

Wait, I guess I can because it didn't cross anyone elses mind either.

Hmmmmmm.....:shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#370245 - 02/22/10 06:52 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, dropping temps in a plant is an obvious answer..I lower the temps for the last 2 weeks in my grows.

I didn't even think to say it.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #370267 - 02/22/10 08:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've been keeping the window open at night to drop the temp. but it just dosen't seem to be enough. I have my water in the fridge right now so I hope this is the key to finishing them quick. I can't veg for much longer.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#370275 - 02/22/10 08:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Have you ever thought about reducing your vegging plants light so they grow slower and give your flowering plants time to finish?

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

#370277 - 02/22/10 08:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
Well, dropping temps in a plant is an obvious answer..I lower the temps for the last 2 weeks in my grows.

I didn't even think to say it.

Not anyone person is gonna have every answer 100 percent of the time.

Shucks I am glad you got your question answered, Mr. Dr.GreenThumb ..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order