Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Flowering smaller clones
    #363928 - 02/14/10 09:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey folks if you have seen my grow log you have seen the big plant coming along and you have seen the 6 clones we don't have the best space for.

The big girl has 30-45 more days of flowering to go and 3 of the clones have done something a bit unexpected. They seem to be growing like the buds that mom has, the fan leaves are not growing out or bigger really and the nodes aren't making side branches just pushing out little sugar leaves and growing trics.

The other 3 clones we cut the same day are already twice as tall, have only grown small preflowers exactly as their mother did at about the same size.

So I don't know but the way the 3 are going it looks like they are trying to flower. If they are will keeping them in the veg box cause them to hermie? Since we have plenty of clones for the next generations should we say fuck taking chances and toss them in the flowering box? Or could doing that turn out worse i.e. one or all of them hermie and polinate the big plant?

Personally since the next generation is safe I don't care what happens to them I just want some input on what might go wrong, if they are even a problem.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Flowering smaller clones [Re: pha3r0]
    #364150 - 02/14/10 04:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

If you took clones off a flowering plant, that's probably whats up. Put them under the veg light and they will eventually return to normal growth.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Flowering smaller clones [Re: DungenessDank]
    #364248 - 02/14/10 08:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A good question to put forth is what kind of lighting schedule are they under??  Were they taken during flowering as stated by Dungeness??

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Flowering smaller clones [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #364635 - 02/15/10 09:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They are under 24/0 and were taken from a 1 month old mother who was under 24/0 light as well.

The mother had always had more and larger preflowers then other pictures I have seen of plants the same age. She never had any fluctuations in light and their was no major stress on any of the clones that I have seen. These 3 just are growing different. Also I noted something else different between the 2 groups of clones. the ones growing 'normally' have 2 shade leaves at each node the odd ones have 1 only. I don't know if that makes any difference, at least it wasn't mentioned in any of the cloning tutorials I read/watched.

Thanks for the attention guys and if this would be better over in the diagnosis section feel free to move it.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#364637 - 02/15/10 09:55 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm interesting. I wonder what veg buds smoke like  :awesome:

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#364638 - 02/15/10 09:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

they smell nice :smile:

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#364652 - 02/15/10 10:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So you're saying that the mother plant grew normally, and only these clones are doing this?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #364660 - 02/15/10 10:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah that's odd, I guess you could be dealing with an auto-flowering strain.  Or there is something in they're environment that is stressing them out and causing them to flower.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Flowering smaller clones [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #364798 - 02/15/10 03:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes and yes. It's odd for sure. Since it's not a bunch of plants maybe I will just leave them in veg and see what happens. At the size they are now I kind of doubt they would yield more then an 8th or so total. If they hermie I should be able to catch it early.

How common could it be for this bagseed to have some ruderalis in its lineage? I was under the impression most AF's would look or grow very differently then a non AF strain.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#364808 - 02/15/10 03:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think I noticed some ties somewhere on your plants?

I've dealt with a very similar thing... I had a bagseed look like it was for sure flowering under 24/0 lighting...  We'd debated that there must be some ruderalis genes in there somewhere... Later on, I've decided it was stress from some of my ties being too tight and cutting into the plant... nothing drastic, but I believe it was enough to cause flowering.

I also took a clone, and while it IS thick with pistils it's still growing and I believe NOT flowering...

Here's the clone just after rooting:

And today:

I'd say be happy you've got such a busty female there with juicy calyxs

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Flowering smaller clones [Re: DudeTron]
    #364817 - 02/15/10 04:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well the one tie was put on just prior to the picture but from your pics thats just what they looked like when I cut em.

Thanks for the input guys I will keep an eye on em and see what happens. Stay smokin.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367215 - 02/18/10 09:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

quick update for the interested, the two I have kept have not changed but the one i gave away has definitely taken off with some vegative growth :facepalm:

Even the one that's LST'ed is just barely starting to turn it's leaves upright.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds