Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepanda
Female

Loc: USA - Midwest
I fucked up my grow
    #361596 - 02/10/10 12:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Boy did I fuck up this morning.  Waked and baked then attempted to change the water in my reservoir. It has become painfully obvious this was NOT a good idea so early in the morning.  Without going into the stoney details, I managed to end  up with all six of my 2 week old seedlings in a pile on the floor.  I got them up as quickily as possible and set them aside while I got my system up and running again with fresh H2O.  I got them back in their planters and got some nutes added and now I am hoping for the best.  They seemed really weak at first, falling over but have since perked up a little.  They aren't looking too good though.  I know some of them lost some of their roots and I don't know how replanting them is going to go for what's left.  I am so bummed. 

Any advice to help severly traumatized seedlings (or the asshole that hurt them) greatly appreciated.

--------------------

"Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
-Dr. Seuss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: I fucked up my grow [Re: panda]
    #361598 - 02/10/10 01:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Give them time...

I don't know what to tell you other than hope for the best.  Man I was sad I broke a top yesterday...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: I fucked up my grow [Re: Inverted]
    #361601 - 02/10/10 01:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I suppose you could give them a B1 supplement for root stimulation... :shrug:

They can take some serious damage man... Many a time have I knocked a 2 or 3 week plant over and completely toss the entire plant and root system out of the pot, then quickly put it back in, trying to get the roots spread out manually, then putting soil in until it was stable again.  It didn't even show shock, except for a 1 or 2 day "pause" in growth.  I think you might be fine as long as you didn't do something stupid like over fert or something along those lines.

Get a pic up

--------------------

Offlinepanda
Female

#361611 - 02/10/10 01:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks so much you guys.  Here's the damage.  You can zoom in on the pic for a closer look.  What's the prognosis ya think?

Thanks again

--------------------

"Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
-Dr. Seuss

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#361623 - 02/10/10 01:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh they are that young!?  They'll be totally fine bro.  At the worst I think you might lose one maybe two at the WORST.  Otherwise I would think they will all survive, just a liiiiiiittle stress.  Keep us updated I like the looks of that setup.  :thumbup:  Nice indica babies.

It looks like you are over-feeding by the looks of the tips of some leaves.  You see the burnt tips?  You are just slightly over the threshold for what they can handle.  Try backing it back to 1/4 strength and bump it up slowly from there.  You can tell when you've gone too far by checking the leaf tips.  That way you can feel what your strain wants at each point in their cycle without over doing it next time.  Keep it up and updated!

--------------------

Offlinepanda
Female

#361638 - 02/10/10 02:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You're awesome.  I think I love you.  :heart:  Thanks for the encouraging words

Yeah, these are Purple Skunk and Blueberry.  Yum.  50/50 Indica/Sativa

Yeah, they're only a couple of weeks old.  I actually only added half the nutes when I set everything back up.  I was going to add the other half tomorrow, but I will just hold off and see how they do.  Thanks for the advice.

PEACE

--------------------

-Dr. Seuss

OfflineRenorCordic
Bio-Ranger
Male

Loc: Ancient China
    #361658 - 02/10/10 03:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They are resilient plants. I put a heater too close to mine and it fried certain stems. The main stem of one of the plants was destroyed. I just cut off all of the dead ones and they all flourished.

--------------------
Come with us now on a journey through time and space.
To the world of the Mighty Boosh!

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I fucked up my grow [Re: RenorCordic]
    #361697 - 02/10/10 04:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Inverted is right, just feed around 1/4 strength for a week or so and they will bounce back.

Sounds like a fun strain, you should start a journal.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinepanda
Female

Re: I fucked up my grow [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #361885 - 02/10/10 06:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Phew....I feel so much better. My seedlings are looking much better also.  Tragedy diverted!  :grin:

Thanks Doc....I am keeping a journal and perhaps I will post it....I planted on 1/30 from seeds.  So far so good, minus today's mishap and over feeding a bit.  Working on upgrading my lights right now to an HID system and some MH bulbs per some advice I got from an earlier post - but perhaps will wait until they've recovered.  I don't know if switching out lighting would have any initial negative impact on my already traumatized plants?

I am very much a beginner so I fully appreciate the pointers!!

Much LOVE

--------------------

-Dr. Seuss

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
    #364148 - 02/14/10 04:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Changing light type shouldn't cause any stress given they are old enough to withstand the power of the light.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds