Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethe man

bag seed.. are you asking for hermis??
    #352898 - 01/25/10 03:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

just sort of came upon me and is probably obvious to everyone i just never thought of it. but the act that indoor green has seed, most of the time its cause the plant went hermi. so seeds you find will have to hermi tendency.. i know there are other possibilities for fertilization, but in general. anyone notice there bag seed grow (from mostly sensi) turns up more mysterious seeds??? youd think that would be in the literature more, at the very least propaganda from breeders.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: bag seed.. are you asking for hermis?? [Re: the man]
    #353282 - 01/25/10 09:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I did a bagseed grow and it came out without a single seed in the final product.  however, it was outdoor mexican weed that was probably wind pollinated.  but i suspect you are correct about the tendency to hermi.  But i am not toooo sure.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinethe man

Re: bag seed.. are you asking for hermis?? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #353335 - 01/25/10 10:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

notice any naners at all?? it was just a thought and i think it has some validity but of course so many variables

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: bag seed.. are you asking for hermis?? [Re: the man]
    #353336 - 01/25/10 10:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I saw none on 5 plants.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #354018 - 01/27/10 03:13 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This logic makes perfect sense.  I have thought about it often myself.  If a person takes some weed that looks very well taken care of, and finds a low number of seeds in the bud, say 1-5 per ounce, it is more than likely the result of a plant that went hermie.  Whether it was the same plant, or another plant in the grow room doesn't matter, the fact that this otherwise well taken care of plant still hermied means that it was probably one of the plants that took the least stress to hermie.  Obviously not many plants did or the bud would be seed ridden.  This trait could be passed on to the seed.

On the other hand....The pic in my avatar is from bag seed.  I was visiting friends out of town and I ran out of bud. My friend hooked me up with some good bud.  He didn't grow it or know the strain though, just some stuff that was floating around town.  I found 1 seed in the 1/4 oz.  Grew it and got a beautiful female that turned reddish purple late in flower.  It is the most beautiful strain I grow that is why I used it in my avatar.  Despite it obviously being the result of a hermied plant, it is very resistant to hermieing IME.  I have grown it out several times, gone through moves and grow room changes, had lights left on, crazy temp fluctuations and all types of crazy shit, and never one nanner.  That and the fact that it is extremely vigorous, super frosty, and very potent is why I keep growing it.  I also keep one other bag seed strain going, it grows with pink pistils and smells amazing, and is a good heady upper, also very hermie resistant.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: bag seed.. are you asking for hermis?? [Re: dutc2006]
    #354034 - 01/27/10 07:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The way I look at it, all of the good genetics out there started off as someones bagseed.

I myself have had a couple that REALLY stuck out from the crowd out of 24.

Ok this relates to the topic too.  I bought an 1/8 of this chronic ($60) from my pusher friend.  lol.  anyways I found 2 perfect tiger stripers in the 1/8 and I don't like buying seeds so I just kept buying more bags from him, collecting the seeds then selling the bud to other friends!

All in all I got somewhere around 30 seeds.  I lost a few, and 2-3 didn't pop the soil.  I got 24 keepers outta the group, they grew for a month then started showing sex and I nearly had a heart attack each day I went out to check on them because we NEVER found a male.  All 24 went female and NONE of them showed hermie at all even right through harvest I found no nannersl  Sooo I feel it's not always going to produce hermies.  Like Magash said before, if it's one nutsack busted on all of the ladies, the seeds will probably be female but if a bunch of sacks bust onto 1 or a few plants, the resulting seeds will have strong hermaphrodite tendencies.  :banana:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #354398 - 01/27/10 11:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Furrowed, didn't you also grow out some GDP and/or other purple bagseeds that in turn produced a few more seeds in your grow?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: bag seed.. are you asking for hermis?? [Re: Ojom]
    #354937 - 01/29/10 01:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, that whole deal was real sketchy.  Found an add in the SF area Craigslistings.  Called the dude up and he sent me 8 seeds and i sent him 35$.  The first plant to show sex was male.  Then i started finding naners on the remaining 7 plants.  In fact, i found one nanner growing out of a leaf!  Here's the picture (blow it up all the way):

some of the buds from the harvest have more seeds than others, but there's a few hundred at least.  I think i will only grow out one of them (I did get a seed from a calyx that was growing from the center of a leaf!) and use the rest for something else.  im not growing those plants out because the parents were all intersexed out.  Next time i'll do seeds the right way 

:getstoned:

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #355072 - 01/29/10 07:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I tried growing some of those seeds from FB and only like 5 out of 50 germinated and I felt the hermie curse bearing down so I never planted them.  :shrug:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: bag seed.. are you asking for hermis?? [Re: Inverted]
    #355078 - 01/29/10 08:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

WHAT!??!  you had that bad of a germ rate?!  I tried to germ 8 and 6 popped in a couple days.  That's craziness.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies