Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTomCollins

Re: somebody who's good with computers!!! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #354164 - 01/27/10 02:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Harry, buy a mac next time.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Re: somebody who's good with computers!!! [Re: TomCollins]
    #354167 - 01/27/10 02:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like the display is going out

--------------------
Let the faggots have it all.  Keep the shit.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #354262 - 01/27/10 07:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Harry, buy a mac next time.

that's exactly what i was going to say.  its sexy and you wont have all those fucking issues that all pc users have dealt with for too long.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Re: somebody who's good with computers!!! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #354336 - 01/27/10 09:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Let the faggots have it all.  Keep the shit.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: somebody who's good with computers!!! [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #354343 - 01/27/10 09:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I concur
Excellent example!!

:highfive:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: somebody who's good with computers!!! [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #354355 - 01/27/10 09:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hemostats said:

haha great analogy.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: somebody who's good with computers!!! [Re: Doitagain]
    #354361 - 01/27/10 10:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#354363 - 01/27/10 10:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the other one was more accurate

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#354367 - 01/27/10 10:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

sorry, that's all i could find in my short search.  I think you can pretty much do anything on a mac you can do on a pc.  or at the very least everything I would want to do on a mac.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#354379 - 01/27/10 10:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

prettay much yeah, except for gaming.  that's not really an issue for me, i just prefer windows because i know how to use it without any problems and mac has always seemed like its on training wheels.

My sister does have a really nice macbookpro with a massive screen and i used it to DJ with and that was quite  anice experience i must say.

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #354386 - 01/27/10 10:35 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A 5000 dollar PC which is what a MAC costs will outrun a mac anyday of the week...

You get what you pay for...

Naturally a low-end PC will run like shit.

Its often times not the OS that's buggy its the hardware/drivers.

If Apple were to allow people to use the MAC os on other machines like Dell don't you think people would be bitching?? Probably so.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#354453 - 01/28/10 08:24 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You must be talking aboout the absolute top of the line, loaded with everything, mac.  The one I plan on buying is 1200. 

Quote:

Doitagain said:
prettay much yeah, except for gaming.  that's not really an issue for me, i just prefer windows because i know how to use it without any problems and mac has always seemed like its on training wheels.

My sister does have a really nice macbookpro with a massive screen and i used it to DJ with and that was quite  anice experience i must say.

windows can be ran on the macs.  not sure about vista though.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery
    #354485 - 01/28/10 11:00 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like a monitor problem brah

im running xp CAUSE I DONT GIVE A FUCK but try playing around with the display properties

worst comes to worst, turn off your computer and go outside for a while

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal Happy Birthday!
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #354749 - 01/29/10 12:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think I know what it might be Harry_ballsack.

My brother had a similar problem with his PC, but he was running a "Home Meida" based version of Windows 7. So the problem he had was all the red's and orange colors were *REALLY* saturated on the T.V. to the point it was bleeding into the other colors.

So, he went into the settings, and played with some werid-sounding "graphics" settings and fixed it. He found out the cause was a new update that reset the codes.

So, go to the "Display Settings" (right-click on Desktop, click 'Personalize') in Windows 7 and play with the slider settings til it looks right. It could have just been reset from a recent, unannounced Windows Update.

Hope that helps buddy.

And thanks for the Cultivation Tips!
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

OfflineTomCollins

Re: somebody who's good with computers!!! [Re: mhbound]
    #354813 - 01/29/10 04:04 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
A 5000 dollar PC which is what a MAC costs will outrun a mac anyday of the week...

You get what you pay for...

Naturally a low-end PC will run like shit.

Its often times not the OS that's buggy its the hardware/drivers.

If Apple were to allow people to use the MAC os on other machines like Dell don't you think people would be bitching?? Probably so.

mhbound: Nothing personal. Just ranting.

I'm pretty hardware savy and have been building my own windows computers for about 8 years now. I disagree completely with you.

Now if we're talking about desktops, then this is highly debatable in terms of hardware performance, however it is undeniable that the MAC OS is far superior to any windows platform.

The whole notion that macs are uncustomizable and on training wheels makes no sense. Customizable? What does that even mean? How do you customize your computer? Great so you can get a sick case with a plexi glass side door, LED fans and maybe even a liquid cooling system. Thats what I built a couple of years ago...

Wow you can do that with windows machines, big deal!!! Honestly, if I had a mac tower, I could rip the guts out and transfer them into a new case and have it setup exactly like that.

Can you do that with laptops? Uhhh no.... so I guess windows laptops aren't customizable either then eh? Well lets check out some of the top laptops then:
http://reviews.cnet.com/best-laptops/

Hrmmm..... woah? Macbooks like way up there - it's pretty cheap too! That's just the base model too!

But I mean, you can customize the hardware anyway when you order it online!

Customization: What else could this mean? Does it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally matter whether or not you can change up your desktop? To some it does! You can do this on mac too! Why you would want to though I don't understand, the dock is the easiest and fastest way to navigate and use your computer.

Also, everyone seems to have the most incredible price misconceptions with apple products. If you think comparably apples are more unreasonably priced than windows computers read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/apple-mac-leopard-windows-vista,1985.html

In that article, tomshardware built a computer with the exact same specifications as a baseline Mac Pro. They bought all their hardware from newegg.com + Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate - guess what: came out to about the same price. Just so everyone really understands what that means: Buying a Mac Pro Tower (fully built with Mac OSX installed) is JUST AS CHEAP AS buying the same individual parts, building it yourself and installing windows on it. HELLO?!?!?

Apples got some pretty nasty policies and they can be assholes for sure. They really are. However, the quality of both laptops and desktops as well as their prices are simply not something that can be debated. This endless price mongering and apple bashing is soo old already. None of it is true.

Other than their airport line products, I don't I have any complaints about any apple products I've ever bought. So far multiple ipods, 2 iphones, 2 laptops, airport express and a multitude of accessories.

Macs are on training wheels? What does that mean? I don't understand that. Does that mean the computer will most likely not break down, is simple and easy to use? I actually like that.

Windows machines are only good for gaming. You can install windows on a mac.

/End Rant

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (01/29/10 04:14 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #354837 - 01/29/10 08:03 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well in other news, my computer randomly fixed itself yesterday.... I just turned it on and it was fine. for some reason about 35 reboots in a row as well as complete OS reinstall did absolutely nothing, but just forgetting about it for 10 hours while I slept made all the different :rolleyes:

that said, continue with the computer discussion, it's very interesting :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#354840 - 01/29/10 08:19 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
well in other news, my computer randomly fixed itself yesterday.... I just turned it on and it was fine. for some reason about 35 reboots in a row as well as complete OS reinstall did absolutely nothing, but just forgetting about it for 10 hours while I slept made all the different :rolleyes:

that said, continue with the computer discussion, it's very interesting :smile:

PC's are schizophrenic!  I almost flippped out on my PC at work yesterday.  It kept pulling up these crazy errors.  It fixed itself after a few dozen times, and getting my blood pressure raised a bit.  Another reason I hate windows run computers.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
    #354899 - 01/29/10 12:06 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Doitagain said:
Quote:

hemostats said:

haha great analogy.

I think this picture sums up to debate of Mac or PC!

It is so true in so many ways. First off is the basic machine, the above article goes on to say that you can buy a factory made baseline apple or build yourself a pc with quality parts for the same price. Well honestly i would prefer my home made pc of quailty parts over any thing factory built. The parts i would install would be true parts, not component parts like factory made stuff.

Quote:

In that article, tomshardware built a computer with the exact same specifications as a baseline Mac Pro. They bought all their hardware from newegg.com + Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate - guess what: came out to about the same price. Just so everyone really understands what that means: Buying a Mac Pro Tower (fully built with Mac OSX installed) is JUST AS CHEAP AS buying the same individual parts, building it yourself and installing windows on it. HELLO?!?!?

The main reason i do not have a mac is because there is no software to speak of! Mac offer a round of nice software, but that is it for mac. No third party software. I like choices and preferences not get stuck with what is available. I know what your going to say, "there is a software program for anything you can do on windows". Yup your right, but like i said, that is it, you have no choice or selection for that matter. You stuck with what apple offers you!

Pc is an awsome machine in the right hands. Has thousands of options, software choices, tweaks, and other things. Pc is not the lazy man's machine and requires knowledge of how it works and proper configuration to get the most out of it. Unfortunately, the windows/PC platform is the most used in the world, which in return is the most targeted by programmers, adware, spyware and viruses. Windows has been around for alot longer and the expoits are taken advantage of. And this is where i think pc is getting a bad name. Apple has been around but not in public like the pc. Not many people owned mac's  to exploit. But i guarantee that with the popularity of mac these days, the programmers will follow and except the new challenge of exploiting the apple OS.

So i see the photo from hemo's post and laugh cause it really does sum up the debate of pc and mac. You buy a mac and have a solid machine because, there is no altering it with anything other then apple software. Which is why apple is a said monopoly. Software developed for apple by apple, it better be right! Pc on the other hand comes with the basic body and engine, but can be modified beyond your wildest computer dreams! And just like the bikes up there, not just anyone should be tinkering with the mechanics. If configured right, watch out! You can take that basic machine and have a top fuel dragster on your hands. Or if you don't know what your doing you could have a flustering clunker on your hands. :shrug:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: somebody who's good with computers!!! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #354922 - 01/29/10 01:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
The main reason i do not have a mac is because there is no software to speak of! Mac offer a round of nice software, but that is it for mac. No third party software. I like choices and preferences not get stuck with what is available. I know what your going to say, "there is a software program for anything you can do on windows". Yup your right, but like i said, that is it, you have no choice or selection for that matter. You stuck with what apple offers you!

Are you really high? Because none of what you said made any sense. What are you talking about I'm stuck with only what apple gives me? There's shit loads of third party stuff. Microsoft even makes products for mac users.

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
Pc is an awsome machine in the right hands. Has thousands of options, software choices, tweaks, and other things. Pc is not the lazy man's machine and requires knowledge of how it works and proper configuration to get the most out of it. Unfortunately, the windows/PC platform is the most used in the world, which in return is the most targeted by programmers, adware, spyware and viruses. Windows has been around for alot longer and the expoits are taken advantage of. And this is where i think pc is getting a bad name. Apple has been around but not in public like the pc. Not many people owned mac's  to exploit. But i guarantee that with the popularity of mac these days, the programmers will follow and except the new challenge of exploiting the apple OS.

Wow man, I'm not sure if computers are really your forte, but I believe that not only has the Mac OS line been around for longer than Windows, but it stems from the UNIX family which predates DOS. Lol, so Windows has definitely not been around for longer. UNIX systems are simply safer in general, however it is Apples frequent security updates that make Mac OSX such a safe OS to use.

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said: So i see the photo from hemo's post and laugh cause it really does sum up the debate of pc and mac. You buy a mac and have a solid machine because, there is no altering it with anything other then apple software. Which is why apple is a said monopoly. Software developed for apple by apple, it better be right! Pc on the other hand comes with the basic body and engine, but can be modified beyond your wildest computer dreams! And just like the bikes up there, not just anyone should be tinkering with the mechanics. If configured right, watch out! You can take that basic machine and have a top fuel dragster on your hands. Or if you don't know what your doing you could have a flustering clunker on your hands. :shrug:

:facepalm: x 50

:tongue:

Oh well.... :bonghit: ....

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------
andyistic said:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#354926 - 01/29/10 01:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Dios mio!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom