Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: TomCollins]
    #329243 - 12/10/09 07:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

Doug Benson is the shit.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: Inverted]
    #334374 - 12/21/09 06:29 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Update

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: TomCollins]
    #335498 - 12/23/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Don't kid yourself.  Spider mites are serious stuff and washing them over and over is a bad idea in flowering as well as applying anything toxic or that might ruin the taste and development.

Predator Spider Mites.

They are most likely given the grow you have to be the cure.  I would recommend mantis babies, but you wont likely be able to buy them this time of year.  That really sucks about mites.  I had them on strawberry plants and they multiply fast and are impossible to get rid of I found.  Neem oil, washing them etc, never kept them gone.

Which is why I am so happy that my grow room is very isolated.  Also it is winter.  Not sure if it matters, but I feel you are less likely to contaminate your crop during winter from outdoor to indoor transfer.

Your dog may be the transfer agent however.  Pets are a huge problem when it comes to that.

Sucks man, I hope you get some biological available and can erradicate them all and save your buds.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: Azyle00]
    #335518 - 12/23/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I stopped doing the isopropyl thing about a week or so ago. I've just been doing it by hand really. I've also been trying to up the humidity in the closet - heard that really helps.

Yeah I went to my local hydro store and asked for predatory mites, he said same thing you said. Can't get them this time of year.

I'll keep tryin... nothin else to do.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: TomCollins]
    #344870 - 01/10/10 04:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Update

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: TomCollins]
    #349305 - 01/18/10 12:40 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

HARVESTZEZ PICZ!!!

--------------------
andyistic said:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #349478 - 01/18/10 04:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Congrats on a good end to your first grow! :smile:  It only gets easier from here my man :wink:

Quote:

I think this is due to a lack of CO2 in the grow closet. I don't have proper ventilation in and out of the grow room, so to compensate I think I may try the seltzer tek on my one remaining plant which still has 6 weeks to go.

Eh, I would look to other means besides C02 to fix your yield problems.  CO2 is most beneficial in a closed system on a regulated tank.  Even then you're almost always better off figuring out how to keep temps down rather then supplement with C02.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: coda]
    #350048 - 01/19/10 03:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Congrats on a good end to your first grow! :smile:  It only gets easier from here my man :wink:

Thanks Coda! I'm super happy I got at least something good out of this grow. Now hopefully my remaining haze will make it the last 6-7 weeks. The yield off that thing is gonna be really big. The plants enormous - I trained it around the skunk plant!

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

I think this is due to a lack of CO2 in the grow closet. I don't have proper ventilation in and out of the grow room, so to compensate I think I may try the seltzer tek on my one remaining plant which still has 6 weeks to go.

Eh, I would look to other means besides C02 to fix your yield problems.  CO2 is most beneficial in a closed system on a regulated tank.  Even then you're almost always better off figuring out how to keep temps down rather then supplement with C02.

Well there is little I can do for the remaining 6 weeks or so. Temps are not a problem. I think the biggest limitation of this grow has been rooting. Next grow I'm definitely going down the netted cups and hydro pebble route. I also need to rethink my drainage a bit - since flood and drain are all located on the same side of the flood chamber, a lot of crap builds up on the left end of the setup. So there is for sure, lots for me to think about... however like I said, I think trying to enrich co2 is the only thing to do on this grow.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#350295 - 01/19/10 05:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Dude I think the biggest lesson I learned from your grow is use all cones in this type of system so they all harvest at the same time and grow to the same height. I also was reminded why roots are so dam important. Great log, this is why we have them. For people who just don't know what we already do.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #350618 - 01/20/10 01:43 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomJew23 said:
Dude I think the biggest lesson I learned from your grow is use all cones in this type of system so they all harvest at the same time and grow to the same height. I also was reminded why roots are so dam important. Great log, this is why we have them. For people who just don't know what we already do.

QFT - Those are the two big ones I learned too.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Offlinegrowclick
not a first time grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: i dont even know
    #605895 - 01/19/12 08:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Whatever dude. It's my first grow and I made a pile of mistakes that isn't even funny to look at. I'm just happy right now that emerging from the horrific neglect and stupidity that these plants endured for the first few weeks of their lives, I have two awesome female plants.

Next grow, I won't make as many mistakes.

i grew barneys farm 8 ball kush had what i think was really good turn out i had serious newbie syndrome over/under watering/fertilization cold nights  cold waterings i even woke my ladies up at night on many occasion and they turned out ok for me if newbies like me use them it should be all good i had 3 seeds got 3 ladies and NO hermies

--------------------
LIVE LIFE FOR THE WEED

NEVER BACK DOWN AND IF YOU NEED TO GET HELP TO STAND UP AND KEEP GOING 
ONLY A PUSSY STAYS DOWN
IRISH AND PROUD

MY GROW SO FAR HAVE A LOOK
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/605866

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: growclick]
    #605914 - 01/20/12 01:33 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:standingby:

InvisibleMr.Hybrid
Constitutionalist
 User Gallery

Loc: Astana, Kazakhstan
Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, Power Skunk & Power Haze [Re: Dimo114]
    #605915 - 01/20/12 03:28 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:greatjob:

Offlinegrowclick
not a first time grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: i dont even know
Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: Azyle00]
    #605938 - 01/20/12 08:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Azyle00 said:
Don't kid yourself.  Spider mites are serious stuff and washing them over and over is a bad idea in flowering as well as applying anything toxic or that might ruin the taste and development.

Predator Spider Mites.

They are most likely given the grow you have to be the cure.  I would recommend mantis babies, but you wont likely be able to buy them this time of year.  That really sucks about mites.  I had them on strawberry plants and they multiply fast and are impossible to get rid of I found.  Neem oil, washing them etc, never kept them gone.

Which is why I am so happy that my grow room is very isolated.  Also it is winter.  Not sure if it matters, but I feel you are less likely to contaminate your crop during winter from outdoor to indoor transfer.

Your dog may be the transfer agent however.  Pets are a huge problem when it comes to that.

Sucks man, I hope you get some biological available and can erradicate them all and save your buds.

DOGS carry spider mites i grow in a really small shed my last room took up most of the shed with a small bit being a kennel for my dog.s my dogs where like 1 foot away from the plants ina kennel of course and they cant get to the plants  ether i had that problem b4 my little house dog ate a baby plant ooo i was mad BUT was my fault i put it down in front off her lol

--------------------
LIVE LIFE FOR THE WEED

NEVER BACK DOWN AND IF YOU NEED TO GET HELP TO STAND UP AND KEEP GOING 
ONLY A PUSSY STAYS DOWN
IRISH AND PROUD

MY GROW SO FAR HAVE A LOOK
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/605866

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

Re: First Grow - 400w, custom hydro flood n drain, scrog, Power Skunk & Power Haze (Updated 21stNov. [Re: growclick]
    #606196 - 01/22/12 05:15 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Death to all spider mites! they really harm the plants and even kill the plants. once you got them no choice but to nurse plant, I hate them. liquid ladybug then harvest! :stoned:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale