Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

should i top these?? pros/cons?? W/ pics
    #329827 - 12/11/09 02:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

im wondering if i should top these plants. one is the 3 leaved mutant, and id like to leave that untouched just to see what it turns out to look like :smile:

anyway, here are the pictures. idk how many "nodes" or whatever theyre called i need to have before pulling the grow shoot. i did it at the 6th or 9th internode/node whatever its called (what is it called?) last time i grew, and it was amazing!

just wondering when the best time to do it is, where on the plant, and should i wait until the branch coming from between the leaf and the stem to come out before topping?

3 leaved mutant:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: should i top these?? pros/cons?? W/ pics [Re: Pilze]
    #329926 - 12/11/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

can someone help?!

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#329928 - 12/11/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'd bend the main shoot down. You don't have to completely remove it.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: should i top these?? pros/cons?? W/ pics [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #329938 - 12/11/09 06:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

2 are normal plants, 1 is a mutant with three brances instead of 2.

if i top the plants they will Y out and hav e2 main buds vs one. and if i do that with the mutant, ill have 3 big main branches.

and if i did the FIM technique with the 2 normal, id end up with 4 main buds per plant, and 6 main buds with the mutant.

im going to talk to a grower friend of mine from out of state and see what he has to say... i wish he was on these damn forums... he knows some cool shit.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #329957 - 12/11/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Trust me that trait from the mutant (Whorled Phyllotaxy) will probably go away after it becomes sexually mature, sorry to burst your bubble bro!

It usually will grow at a slower rate than a normal plant too :frown:

How many days old are they?  That's one of the main indicators for me...

You never know how many main shoots you are going to get if you FIM correctly.

That's the point, to cut it where the cells are rapidly developing and sometimes they won't know what to do and many more branches can pop out.  I've only successfully performed it ONE time, all other times were really FUCK I MISSED!  You really gotta do it right, because it is truly HIGH Stress Training.  I prefer LST these days as over the years I've figured out which stunts the plants the least, while still providing an awesome even canopy, and simply tying down the main stem over time proved to be most effective.  Give that a shot before anything.

Trust the people here man, many of us have decades of experience...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: should i top these?? pros/cons?? W/ pics [Re: Inverted]
    #330061 - 12/11/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Trust me that trait from the mutant (Whorled Phyllotaxy) will probably go away after it becomes sexually mature, sorry to burst your bubble bro!

It usually will grow at a slower rate than a normal plant too :frown:

eh, no biggie if it goes back to normal. it has good genes, so hopefully its a female :shrug: (of course) the mutant is actually growing larger than the other 2, is even in the number of nodes with one plant, and the last plant is one ahead of both of the others.

Quote:

Inverted said:

How many days old are they?  That's one of the main indicators for me...

You never know how many main shoots you are going to get if you FIM correctly.

theyre 2 weeks old. 14 or 15 days. im going to take a look and figure out which would be good to top now. ill probably have to wait a couple days to top 2 of them, i think only 1 is ready. i did this once before and it worked perfectly.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#330115 - 12/11/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Why don't you tie them down?  You have yet to give me a reason for topping over LST.

How much experience do you have cultivating Cannabis?  Just curious.

I've tried all of the methods over and over and LST is the best man.  That simple little cut will delay the growth of your plants by 10+ days.  On a small scale indoor grow such as yours, tying down/scrog are the ONLY option in my honest opinion.  Topping is for larger setups with longer veg times or outdoor plants if you ask me.  I just grow smaller plants with huge cola's inside so that I don't have to worry about topping, just crowding of the plants.

I hope you tie them down man.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: should i top these?? pros/cons?? W/ pics [Re: Inverted]
    #330116 - 12/11/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i topped one of the normal ones, the mutant and the other will be experiments. ill try this LST thing, ill have to look it up. idk what it is, and ill tie the other one down.

i need to know more about this tying down branches...

i dont have too much experience. i did a grow a few years back and got fucked for it. so im doing another grow after having done a nice bit of research.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#330160 - 12/12/09 01:04 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Look at FurrowedBrows stickied thread at the top of the Marijuana Cultivation post list!  It's one of the most informative threads on this site!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder