Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Ballsack's CFL ladies. (PICS!) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #260411 - 08/06/09 02:05 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

ha, hey thanks guys! I'm glad you all appreciate.

I'm particularly fond of the last picture. the plant in the upper left corner has crazy patterns in the trichomes

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Ballsack's CFL ladies. (PICS!) [Re: Triptonic]
    #260529 - 08/06/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
ya you are right on the two males.

thanks, just killed the fuckers.
Kinda sad though, out of my 4 strongest seedlings, 3 were male and the last hasn't shown sex yet. I hope I don't strike out completely  on the nice ones :frown:

Oh, and check out the new pic of the scrogged one, your were definitely correct about the burned part recovering with no issues. it's grown a good 2" above that point, nice beautiful nugget all the way to the top

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: The Ballsack's CFL ladies. (PICS!) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #260549 - 08/06/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That last one is most likely female since it hasnt shown yet. But dont quote me on that.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #260593 - 08/06/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
That last one is most likely female since it hasnt shown yet. But dont quote me on that.

:lol: too late.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: The Ballsack's CFL ladies. (PICS!) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #260602 - 08/06/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Bitch! fine if it is then you owe me...:lol:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #261151 - 08/07/09 09:10 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

it's not too late! I chopped the one that was def male, and had the second one set aside, but got distracted so it's sitting in my room right now, lol. maybe I should put it back in to find out for sure if it's femizzle.

When do you guys think I should start flushing? like I said, I flipped to 12/12 on the 1st of July, but I'm bad at estimating when a plant is 2 weeks from harvest, should I wait until half the hairs are red? 3/4?

Any other suggestions? I'm considering buying a UVB light for in there too....

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#261180 - 08/07/09 10:34 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This is codas method sorry for no pics they were removed.....

ok, so here's a couple of shots i found that i think are post worthy for the time being. I'll do a small pictorial of how i flushed my girls

First you need the right supplies

then you gather up your girls. You can see the nute problem in the upper leaves, notice how yellow they are compared to the older growth.

I took a 32 gallon rubbermaid, flipped on old one gal pot on its top side, then placed the girls pot on top of the on gal so that the water can drain into the rubbermaid. Then i flushed the girls with two gallons of distilled water a piece, you want to flush your plants so that the water runs clear at the end (also remember that you take the size of the pot and double it to figure out how much water to flush with). Two gallons seemed to do the trick with these girls, i think they could have taken another gallon, the water ran pretty much clear at the end of the second gallon.

the remains of the flush. Any excess salts, nutes, or buildup in those pots is now in that rubbermaid. I then slid the tub down the hall and drained it in my tub. Easy as pie, was a pain in the ass using all those individual gallons of water, but it did the trick. It doesn't seem like it but flushing four plants is a decent amount of work and time. I couldn't imagine having to do that to 20 or 30 plants.

So that's how i flush, here are some more random shots i took. All the macros are buds from lower branches. One of these days ill get a system worked out where i can take some nice pics of the top bud sites.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #261182 - 08/07/09 10:45 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

wait no, I know HOW to flush, I'm asking about when.

I'm not trying to completely remove all the nutrients from the medium, but with hydroponic growing you feed the plants nothing but water for the last 2 weeks or so otherwise your weed ends up tasting really harsh and "chemically"

--------------------

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #261183 - 08/07/09 10:46 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Me personally. On my last harvest, when pistil grow seemed to slow greatly, and I was towards the end of my suggested flower time I kept an eye on the trichs.  When they were mostly cloudy(80-95%) I started watering normally. Kept the same schedule I had, just with no food. I only ended up watering it 4 times before harvest, and after proper drying, and 3 weeks in a jar, That White Widow 3 tasted and smelled fantastic. Long story short, As soon as most of the trichomes are cloudy to a few ambers, I would stop feeding.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#261185 - 08/07/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
wait no, I know HOW to flush, I'm asking about when.

I'm not trying to completely remove all the nutrients from the medium, but with hydroponic growing you feed the plants nothing but water for the last 2 weeks or so otherwise your weed ends up tasting really harsh and "chemically"

lol ooopz

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #261190 - 08/07/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Did I miss something somewhere? Are you growing in Hydro? Because that is different than what I said to do earlier.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: The Ballsack's CFL ladies. (PICS!) [Re: Integra21]
    #261263 - 08/07/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Oh god man i saw those pics and came all over myself... :whacker:

nice ladies...the crystal density is on par with mine and mine is almost done right now...its gonna look fuckin fantastic later on...

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #261282 - 08/07/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Integra21 said:
Did I miss something somewhere? Are you growing in Hydro? Because that is different than what I said to do earlier.

yeah, hempy buckets. I'm using a mix of hydro nutes and earth juice organics.

What comment from earlier are you talking about?

--------------------

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #261293 - 08/07/09 03:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I was talking about my preperation for harvest. Hydro is much easier.If your going for a 50/50 mix of amber/cloudy, when they're 20-30% amber, just change your nutrients for strait water or water with organic nutrients or water with molasses for about 4-5 days. Then its harvest ready.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #261402 - 08/07/09 08:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

oh, it's that quick? that'll be a snap. I'll be able to tell when they're a week away for sure. This is my first hydro grow so i was thinking about it taking the same flush time as soil, but with the faster growth of hydro, and psyched myself out.

I think I might take some more pictures tonight... they're so pretty I can't stop.

--------------------

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #261465 - 08/07/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That is one of my favorite bonuses of hydro. The less than a week to flush cant be beat. When I harvested my WW2 sexing clone, I had to pull it from the tub and stick it in a fish bowl to flush and it was only in there for 24 hours. There was a slight nutrient taste, but nowhere near as bad as I suspected. But I do not recommend that short of a flush unless it is the best you can do.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #263058 - 08/10/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

more pics, if nothing else than to log some progress for myself.

I'm starting a dosage of Humboldt Gravity tonight, so I'd like to have these pics to compare the progress too :smile:

Also, does anyone know what's happening with those spots on the leaves in the last two pictures? they just started showing up in the last week or so, but I'm not sure what the deal is..... Mg deficiency?

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#263895 - 08/12/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quit sending me Pm's about how much you wish I was there so you could give me a plant for free ballsnack. God you are annoying sometimes. :lol:

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #263902 - 08/12/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

don't want to scare you and not saying that this is what it is, but that was the first thing that happened at the beginning of my nutrient burn. Just a thought. You need to get the N way low towards the end of flowering.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #263931 - 08/12/09 04:00 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

triptonic said:
Quit sending me Pm's about how much you wish I was there so you could give me a plant for free ballsnack. God you are annoying sometimes. :lol:

ha, you wish!

but if anyone is out here in a couple weeks we can certainly have a sample or two together :wink:

And Integra, thanks for the info. I'm feeding these bitches HEAVY right now, so that could very well be the issue. I'll cut back a little bit and see if that helps.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale